March 28, 2024, 03:12:11 PM

Author Topic: Shahdon Winchester Thread  (Read 45014 times)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Shahdon Winchester Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2019, 06:50:20 AM »
Guys...Shadon Winchester died this morning...in an accident. RIP WARRIOR
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2019, 06:54:10 AM »
Guys...Shadon Winchester died this morning...in an accident. RIP WARRIOR

Brace! I opened this thread expecting to read about him being signed in India.

RIP!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2019, 06:55:12 AM »
National footballer Shahdon Winchester among four killed in crash
T&T Express

Police are confirming that one of the four people killed in a fiery crash on the Solomon Hochoy Highway near Gasparillo this morning, is Trinidad and Tobago footballer Shahdon Winchester.

The crashed vehicle, a Nissan Quashqai, was registered to Winchester, whose address was given as Buen Intento, Princes Town.

The Trinidad and Tobago Footballer Association confirmed the death on its Facebook page, writing: “This is truly tragic news for us. May his Soul Rest In Eternal Peace.”

Winchester, 27, was a former Naparima College footballer, who began his professional footballing career with W Connection, and earned a contract playing professional football in Finland.

What happened

At around 5.30a.m. Winchester's vehicle spun off the south bound lane of the Solomon Hochoy highway on the approach to the Harmony Hall overpass.

It happened during heavy rainfall in an area considered a highway 'black spot' where several fatal crashes have happened over the years.

The vehicle crashed into a T&TEC electricity pole, bringing down a transformer and sparking a fire that consumed the bodies of all four occupants of the vehicle.

The bodies were so badly burnt that police investigators said it would be difficult to extract the remains from the vehicle, and instead towed the wreckage to another location to perform the crime task.

Police say Winchester was in the vehicle with two men and a woman. Their identities have not been confirmed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:06:34 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2019, 07:15:47 AM »
RIP baller.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2019, 08:04:15 AM »
RIP
I pity the fool....

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2019, 08:26:36 AM »
Nah say it ain't so !  Ah still speechless and at ah loss for words . Ah really doh know what to say except this is truly sad . Nah boi am out for now !

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2019, 08:32:22 AM »
No! No! No!

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2019, 08:55:57 AM »
National footballer Shahdon Winchester among four killed in crash
T&T Express

Police are confirming that one of the four people killed in a fiery crash on the Solomon Hochoy Highway near Gasparillo this morning, is Trinidad and Tobago footballer Shahdon Winchester.

The crashed vehicle, a Nissan Quashqai, was registered to Winchester, whose address was given as Buen Intento, Princes Town.

The Trinidad and Tobago Footballer Association confirmed the death on its Facebook page, writing: “This is truly tragic news for us. May his Soul Rest In Eternal Peace.”

Winchester, 27, was a former Naparima College footballer, who began his professional footballing career with W Connection, and earned a contract playing professional football in Finland.

What happened

At around 5.30a.m. Winchester's vehicle spun off the south bound lane of the Solomon Hochoy highway on the approach to the Harmony Hall overpass.

It happened during heavy rainfall in an area considered a highway 'black spot' where several fatal crashes have happened over the years.

The vehicle crashed into a T&TEC electricity pole, bringing down a transformer and sparking a fire that consumed the bodies of all four occupants of the vehicle.

The bodies were so badly burnt that police investigators said it would be difficult to extract the remains from the vehicle, and instead towed the wreckage to another location to perform the crime task.

Police say Winchester was in the vehicle with two men and a woman. Their identities have not been confirmed.
RIP Shahdon, this is very sad news. Something needs to be done about that "highway black spot" before another fatality occurs!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2019, 09:10:50 AM »
Sad news all around that i woke up to this morning after i saw the post on fb.  :(
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:11 AM »
Condolences to the family and our own Forum Family.
 May he rest in Peace and Rise in Glory.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »
RIP

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »
RIP, very sad news
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »
RIP..

When I see his thread pop up, I thought it was about him signing for a new club.

This is the second national player to die in a fiery crash. I remember J Lloyd faced a similar fate.

Just read on the TTFA website that FIFA and CONCACAF offered their condolences. Was surprised to see that even Sainfete tweeted his condolences..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:33:02 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
We’ve Lost One of Our Own – RIP Shahdon Winchester.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and National Football Family has been plunged into a state of deep sadness and shock after receiving the news early on Thursday morning that one of our sons, Shahdon Winchester, was among the persons who lost their lives in a vehicular accident in the vicinity of Gasparillo.

Shahdon, born January 8th, 1992, rose to prominence with his prolific goalscoring form as a youngster at W Connection Football Club and Naparima College. He made his senior international debut at age 18 against Antigua/Barbuda on June 21st, 2010. Winchester came off the bench to replace Devorn Jorsling in the 76th minute, given his first appearance by then head coach Russell Latapy. He would go on to score six goals in 28 appearances for T&T. He scored a hattrick against Haiti in a 2017 Gold Cup qualifier with his other goals coming against Grenada, Mexico (2018 World Cup qualifier away from home) and his last item in a 1-1 draw with Guyana on November 14th, 2017. Shahdon also represented T&T at the Under 15, Under 17, Under 20 and Under 23 levels.

President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association William Wallace expressed condolences and shock upon hearing the news of the player’s death.

“I got the news from our press officer early this morning and I thought something was wrong with the phone. I questioned whether I was hearing right.  I am still in a deep state of shock and sadness. I managed Shahdon during my time with the senior team and what I experienced was a young man that was humble, well mannered, soft spoken and an individual with big dreams and ambitions,” Wallace said.

“It is times like this that put our faith to the test. We cannot begin to imagine what his mother and other family members are going through right now. All we can do is keep them in our prayers and send all our love and support in this most difficult time. To his mother, your son was a fine young man and we are grateful for the memories and positive influences he would have had on others.I know that it is difficult to understand tragedies like this, but we can call on our faith to help us deal with them. We will continue to pray for his soul and for you to receive the strength needed during this time.

Condolences to the families of the other deceased occupants of the vehicle. We at the TTFA also extend our deepest sympathy to the management and players of W Connection Football Club. I reached out to the club’s CEO Renee John-Williams immediately to express my sympathy and to send our love and support to all those affected within the club.  I know this will be an extremely difficult time for them,” Wallace continued.

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s team captain Khaleem Hyland also extended condolences on this passing of his 27-year-old teammate.

“I don’t know what to say. This is just a terrible way to lose a life and it’s even harder for us because Shahdon was one of us. He was our brother and this could be anyone of us. I send all my prayers to his mother and the family members of the others who lost their lives. Life is so unpredictable and we have to cherish every moment and everyone one around us today and tomorrow. May Shahdon’s soul rest in peace always,” Hyland told TTFA Media from his base in Saudi Arabia.

Shahdon, who hailed from Princes Town, attended San Fernando Boys RC and Naparima College. He first joined the club ranks with W Connection FC.  He played for Finnish club Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho (7/2018-11/2018), Kepaz PFK (2/2018-5/2018), Mexican club Murciélagos F.C. (6/2016-12/2017) and  FF Jaro of Finland  (1/2013-12/2014).

Shahdon lost his father who also died in a car crash while the player was a member of the Connection Academy. His father was also a coach within the academy at the time, as confirmed by club coach Earl Jean.

FIFA and CONCACAF also issued condolences notes to the TTFA and on its social media platforms. “We are deeply saddened by the news of Trinidad & Tobago Football Association forward Shahdon Winchester’s passing. Our thoughts are with his family and friends,” FIFA stated.

Former T&T head coach Tom Saintfiet, who was at the helm when Winchester netted his hattrick, added, “Sad news today, my former Trinidad & Tobago National Team player Shahdon Winchester died this morning in a car accident. My condolences to his family and friends, to the TTFA and all football loving people in Trinidad & Tobago.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »
R.I.P. Warrior

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2019, 01:13:33 PM »
First of all I would like to send my sincerest condolences to the Winchester family, they must be inconsolable ATM. RIP quiz kid may our GOD accept you into his mercy.

PS. now I know this may not be the right time for this in our moment of berievment, but it relevant. this country never cease to amaze me, how in heavens name could a vehicle leave the road and end up against a utility pole? come trinidad this is the 21st century, where in the first world does that happen?

people dozn’t have to be dying under such horrid conditions like being burned to death in an accident if these poles were secured behind concrete barriers. common my people you need to really work harder on getting these issues rectified, it’s not like we don’t have to will or the means to get it done, get it done somebody.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:16:49 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fiery crash victims identified
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »
Fiery crash victims identified
T&T Express

The four people who died in the crash of the Solomon Hochoy Highway near Gasparillo this morning, have been identified.

Dead are childhood friends Djenne Hills-Dyer, 30, of Buen Intento, Princes Town, Shahdon Winchester, 27, of Buen Intento Princes Town, Michael Bradshaw, of Buen Intento, and Keaton Nicholas, of New Grant.

Police say Winchester, a national footballer, was driving his Nissan Qashqai SUV south along the highway when the vehicle skidded off the road in heavy rainfall at around 5.30a.m.

The vehicle slammed, rear-end first, into a T&TEC pole, bringing down a 50,000 volt transformer and live wires.

Power was disconnected in surrounding areas as a result the crash.

The vehicle burst into flames and all four occupants died in their seats. It is uncertain if they died from crash injuries, or were electrocuted or burnt to death.

At Winchester’s home this morning, Winchester’s mother Svetlana Winchester said her son returned home from international football a year ago and was happy to be back.

However, she said he got calls two days ago from agents interested in securing a contract for him overseas and he was looking forward to the opportunity.

Winchester was the father of a three-year-old girl. His father also died in a car crash 17 years ago.

Winchester, who was a former Naparima College and W Connection footballer picked up his three friends last night and took them to a night club in Couva that is owned by a footballer.

The friends partied there before leaving for home. They never made it.

The crash caused a massive traffic jam on both the north and south bound lanes.

The bodies of the four could not be removed at the scene. Police officers opted to take the vehicle away containing the bodies and extract them at a secure location.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2019, 04:05:38 PM »
From the moment I read of the accident, I thought it likely that a footballer or footballers might be among the other fatalities. And a name in particular crossed my mind. Now seeing that that player was in the car just prior to the accident. Ah can only imagine the mental impact on the player to have been in the ride not long before the accident.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2019, 05:00:36 PM »
From the moment I read of the accident, I thought it likely that a footballer or footballers might be among the other fatalities. And a name in particular crossed my mind. Now seeing that that player was in the car just prior to the accident. Ah can only imagine the mental impact on the player to have been in the ride not long before the accident.

You is ah seer man or wha?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »

You is ah seer man or wha?

I know limers.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2019, 06:41:24 PM »
WATCH: Tributes pour in for Shahdon Winchester

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5DKrhqFtFyk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5DKrhqFtFyk</a>

WATCH: For the mother of Shahdon Winchester, his death was a recurring nightmare

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YJDX9tItbz4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YJDX9tItbz4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2019, 04:42:36 AM »
Absolutely terrible. Was totally shocked when I read it. Condolences to him family, that's a tough thing to take.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Broken Xmas Families mourn 4 killed in fiery highway crash
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2019, 08:10:05 AM »
Broken Xmas Families mourn 4 killed in fiery highway crash
By Laurel V Williams (T&T Newsday)

The tragic deaths of four young friends, among them national footballer Shahdon Winchester, have left the communities of Princes Town and Moruga heartbroken.

Winchester, Djenne Hills-Dyer, 28, Keston Nicholas, 22, and Michael Bradshaw, 21, died in the fiery crash on the southbound lane of the Solomon Hochoy Highway in Gasparillo on Thursday morning.

Winchester, who would have celebrated his 28th birthday on January 8, and Hill-Dyer, an entrepreneur, lived a short distance from each other at Buen Intento in Princes Town. Nicholas lived at Lengua Road, and Bradshaw at Third Company Road, both in Moruga.

In tears, Winchester’s mother Svetlana said he left home at about 9 pm on Wednesday to go to a games night with friends in Couva.

Moments earlier, at a family meeting, relatives had been discussing Christmas plans, including menus.

She recalled his last words before he drove off. "I want a cologne for my Christmas."

Only two months ago, he got engaged to the mother of his three-year-old daughter. They were planning to be married in October next year.

Surrounded by friends and family at their home, the bereaved mother said, "He was a sweet and loving child. He did not stay vex for long with anyone."

She recalled that about a year ago he returned home from playing international football.

"He was always travelling. Shahdon was glad to be back, because he said he missed a lot of birthdays, weddings and Christmases. About two days ago, people from Iceland and Honduras called him to play."

Winchester had played football since the age of seven. When he was ten, his father, Derek, died in a car crash in Arouca on his way home from work. Winchester's widowed mother cared for him and his two siblings on her own.

Police said at about 5.30 am on Thursday, Winchester was driving his white Nissan SUV when it skidded off the highway and crashed into an electricity pole.

On impact, power was disconnected. Heavy rain did not stop the car from bursting into flames. Fire and police officers later found the bodies trapped inside the wreck, burnt beyond recognition.

Hills-Dyer’s mother, La Toya Hills, was among the mourners who gathered at Winchester’s home. The grieving mothers embraced each other.

Winchester was the first victim to be identified. When Hills heard there was a female casualty, she immediately became worried.

Hills, the mother of two, said, "I know anywhere he goes, she goes. I just did not want to believe it and I did not have confirmation.

"She was my big baby. She was the first great-grand in the family."

Earlier in the morning, Hills had called out to her daughter by the window, assuming she was inside. When she did not get a response, she assumed Hills-Dyer had gone to work.

Hills-Dyer was the owner of a small business, I CEE Queen Treats of Lily. She was not married and did not have children.

The bereaved mother said, "She was an all-rounder, an entrepreneur. Shahdon was her best friend, her riding buddy."

At the home of Nicholas in Moruga, weeping relatives gathered to console one another.

He was the only child of his mother Paula Burton, 45.

She said on Wednesday night, he told her he was going out. Burton said she did not want him to go.

"So you can’t stay home and hang out with me?" she asked hoping he would change his mind.

She added, "He sat on my lap, rest his head on my chest and cuddled up like a baby. He kissed me on my face."

On Thursday morning, she got a call from one of his friends who wanted to know if he had returned home.

"I said no. Then, my cousin Christine called. All she said was, ‘Say it is not so.’

"When she told me that, I started to bawl one time. Both of us were bawling. When I tell the others, they too started.

"Keston was a favourite child."

No one was at home when Newsday visited Bradshaw’s relatives' home. But Burton said he was her sister Lucille Burton’s stepson.

As her twin sister Pauline consoled her, Burton said, "Keston and Michael were like brothers. There were really close."

The burnt wreck was taken to the Mon Repos police station. Southern Division police are investigating.

Funeral arrangements are being made.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sad day for TT football...Striker Shahdon Winchester dies in crash
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Sad day for TT football...Striker Shahdon Winchester dies in crash
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

A TRULY sad day for TT football.

Such was the sentiment shared by members of the national football fraternity on the untimely passing of W Connection and TT striker, Shahdon Winchester, who was one of four fatalities in a vehicular accident on the South-bound lane of the Solomon Hochoy Highway in the vicinity of Gasparillo on Thursday morning.

Chairman of the TT Pro League, Brent Sancho, expressed great sadness upon receipt of Winchester’s passing and sent heartfelt condolences to the footballer’s family, friends and teammates throughout both TT and the globe. Although the 27-year old plied his domestic trade with W Connection, he also had stints with international clubs in Finland, Mexico and Azerbaijan.

“It’s still shocking to me,” said Sancho. “Our hearts go out to his family. He was a player that I felt was starting to come into his own and really showing his true qualities. It’s very unfortunate. Surely now, with this being the second road death in the football fraternity this year, it’s something I feel we have to work a bit closer with the authorities as it relates to road safety. We can’t afford to continuously lose our footballing gems like this.”

Sancho could help but to reflect on the May 30 passing of another former national footballer, Jason Marcano, via vehicular accident. The Central FC owner admitted the football fraternity had not yet fully recovered from Marcano’s death. Now, partnered with Thursday morning’s unwelcoming news, TT football has plunged into further mourning.

“It comes on the backdrop of the death of Jason Marcano. Just when you thought we were getting back to normality, we have been dealt another big blow to the TT Pro League and football as a whole. Most of the players and staff are lost for words. It has been a tough year for football, both on and off the field. This is not the way we wanted to end the year and it’s really is a tragic story. I hope that his family and close relative can find some form of console and get strength from it,” he added.

Meanwhile, W Connection chief executive officer Renee John-Williams, also paid tribute to the life and career of the former Naparima College stalwart. In a statement issued to the media on Thursday, John-Williams revealed the club is in deep grief. “There are no words that could accurately describe the way anyone of us at W Connection feel at this moment. We are devastated and heartbroken by Shahdon’s untimely passing. Shahdon grew up in W Connection from a young boy, starting from the inception of the youth programme in 2000. He was a true son, a brother and will forever be a Savonetta Boy and lifetime member.”

“He was a talented and dedicated player, our captain, a father, and it was an honour to watch his growth and achievements over the last two decades on a personal and professional level. We grieve along with his family and ask that they be kept in prayer during this time and beyond. His death has left a void in our hearts and we pray that comfort can be found in the many happy memories he helped to create.”

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Shamfa Cudjoe, also sent condolences to Winchester’s family.

“Shahdon’s passing is truly a shock to the entire football fraternity, and by extension TT. He was a true patriot and his passion and dedication to the sport of football would surely be remembered.

Trinidad and Tobago has, indeed, lost a gem. On behalf of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, I extend sincerest condolences to his family and friends at this time. May he rest in peace.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2019, 10:13:56 PM »
Enjoy but be safe
T&T Express

THE loss of four young, promising lives as a result of a car accident along the Solomon Hochoy Highway early Thursday morning is yet another grim reminder of the need for greater safety precautions, especially in the season upon us.

A national footballer, Shahdon Winchester, was among the four who were killed in this accident. Details of the tragedy, from what has been reported, are centred around the fact that the vehicle skidded off the road and struck a light pole along the highway in the vicinity of Gasparillo. The impact caused the pole to collapse onto the vehicle, and a transformer it was holding aloft came down, starting a fire which swiftly engulfed the vehicle. The four occupants, all friends, perished.

It was not clear yesterday whether the impact of the crash was by itself the death blow, or whether the occupants, three men and a young lady, were trapped by the falling pole and the transformer, and then could not escape the fire that raged around them. The details, as published in this newspaper yesterday, stated the vehicle skidded off the road during heavy rainfall around 5.30 that morning.

This tragedy has sent four separate families into deep mourning, with the members of each of them struggling with the heart-rending loss of lives incurred. With no one surviving to tell the tale about what exactly took place, it is reasonable, in the circumstances, to wonder to what extent excessive speed may have been the critical factor in what turned out to be the final tragic outcome. This accident pushed the toll of road deaths in the country to 113 as we approach the final week of the year 2019.

Shahdon Winchester was the driver of the vehicle and his grieving mother swears he would not have fallen asleep at the wheel, given the person she knew him to be. Nevertheless, she still spoke eloquently on Thursday of the need for drivers to take their time.

The grief of another mother is amplified by the fact that she reports having begged her son, Keston Nicholas, to stay at home instead of going out on the night in question. “He was my only child, and I thought of the dangers and unguarded moments,” this distraught mother moaned on Thursday. The combined grief of the families involved will be huge, with the loss of these youngsters in the prime of their lives. Three of them were in their twenties, with the lone female, Djenne Hills-Byer, just 30 years old.

This is an appeal for all users of the road, especially young persons—drivers, passengers and pedestrians alike—to take ample heed, to be alert for what one of the distraught mothers identified as the unguarded moment.

Whether or not there may have been the consumption of alcohol by anyone in the group again has not been established but it is wise to warn against drinking in quantities which can impair judgement.

Let safety be the watchword, and let this tragedy be a spur for greater attention to temperance and moderation in our behaviours in this festive season and beyond.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
Footballer’s sister dreamt a car crash days before fiery deaths.
By Laurel V Williams (Newsday).

On Monday, Shahdon Winchester’s sister, Shania dreamt of a car crash in which she received injuries to the palms of her hands. Somehow Winchester disappeared from the dream and she was on her own running off to tell their mother of the crash.

By Thursday, Winchester was one of four friends killed in a fiery crash on the southbound lane of the Solomon Hochoy Highway in Gasparillo.

"After the crash (in the dream), I was not seeing him at all. In the palms of my hands were broken glass piercing through. I was seeing my flesh with lots of blood. I thought something bad was going to happen to me. I guess it was him," said Shania, 20.

She never told him about the dream, fearful he would have worried. But she had told their mother, Svetlana.

Also killed in Thursday’s crash were Djenne Hills-Dyer, 28, Keston Nicholas, 22, and Michael Bradshaw, 21.

Autopsies on Friday, at the Forensic Science Centre, St James, revealed they died of smoke inhalation. Except for Hills-Dyer, the victims also suffered internal injuries.

Winchester, a national footballer and father of one, lived at Hillcrest Gardens at Buen Intento, Princes Town. He would have celebrated his 28th birthday on January 8.

Shania said relatives identified him by his jewellery, tattoos as well as a belt.

Hills-Dyer, the only woman among the victims, lived a few houses away from Winchester and owned I CEE Queen Treats, a small business.

Her mother, La Toya Hills, told Sunday Newsday that she positively identified the body by a tattoo on a hip.

"My daughter was asleep when it happened. She had no broken bones, no internal injuries, no blunt force trauma, nothing. She had a distinct tattoo on her hip. I arrived at forensic at 6 am. Djenne died of smoke inhalation," Hills said.

Even in her grief, she extended condolences to the families of the other victims.

The mother of two said, "I give my sympathy to everyone. Hopefully, the funeral is Friday or Saturday next week."

Nicholas lived at Lengua Road, and Bradshaw at Third Company Road, both in Moruga.

Nicholas was the only child of Paula Burton, 45.

Bradshaw was the stepson of Burton’s sister, Lucille Burton. Nicholas and Bradshaw shared a brotherly bond, relatives said.

A relative said that tentatively, Nicholas’ funeral would take place on Tuesday at the Third Company Baptist Church in Moruga.

There are no funeral dates as yet for Winchester and Bradshaw.

The four were returning from liming at Couva on Thursday when the accident happened at about 5.30 am.

Winchester was driving his white Nissan SUV when it skidded off the highway and crashed into an electricity pole.

On impact, power was disconnected. Heavy rain did not stop the car from bursting into flames. Fire and police officers found the bodies trapped inside the wreck, burnt beyond recognition.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »
Very sad that such a young and talented person is taken from us. RIP and condolences to family and friends
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 24, 2019, 08:05:18 AM »
WATCH: A tribute to Shahdon Winchester

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GZdIL-M4S-M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GZdIL-M4S-M</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 24, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »
Wow. RIP!!!!

1]; } ?>