April 20, 2024, 02:52:18 AM

Author Topic: What is the most amount of money you will spend on a pair of football boots?  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
that is today's question.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 01:54:32 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Depends on the level that you are playing in my opinion.

If you are playing college ball (and have to purchase your own boots) I would say go for what you like and spare no cost, if you can afford it.  I always have worn Puma Kings, so between US$100 and US$125 is not a bad price.

To be honest, your feet will thank you for getting good boots.  I was going to say if you is a man that is just take a sweat buy a cheaper pair (or a cheap pair) but I cannot argue that with any conscience.  Bad boots hurt your feet, and often do not last very long.  I would say know your feet and what type of boots favour you (skinny foot man for Adidas etc), and foget name brand and style and go for comfort and affordability.

You could get a good boots for US$75.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Addidas predators.....$185....I did get a bonus so I had a little ting to spend on a nice boots.  ;D

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
I see with the next WCQ a few weeks off all kinda topics does make it on the board, so I will chime in.
I have a pair of Nike, right now i am sure the cost me less than $100US as is only for my weekend sweat, but for some reason the right boot my kicking foot, it stretch out wide so my foot does be sliding around in there, no matter how many socks i put on or how tight i tie it up.
I have seen the Nike with the circle and the number in the middle 90 or 20 the 'look' fairly sturdy so I might give those a try, cause you know what they say, if you aint good at least look good.  I think they cost over $100 US so I go find it real hard to pay that much for them, hopefully Vincy and Steve at soccer world go hook a bro up.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

steups!!

imagine big man asking ting like dat! and what's even worse is that big man answering.   :bs:

what's next?

what is de most yuh go pay fuh ah football?

den chinpads?

den ah jockstrap?

dis place is real kix sometimes!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
$650 for a good vapors or nike max

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

steups!!

imagine big man asking ting like dat! and what's even worse is that big man answering.   :bs:

what's next?

what is de most yuh go pay fuh ah football?

den chinpads?

den ah jockstrap?

dis place is real kix sometimes!!

hahahaha
andre samuel u sayin ppl in this forum r not big men
haha
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 03:24:49 PM by Tallman »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
so what if de man ask a question?..obviously nothing much going on in the forum discussion wise..so if yuh don't want to give some kinda decent input maybe you should shut yuh arse...yuh acting as if you doesn't do or say stupid things either..steups

and yes i have a $50 Predator imitation and it fits just the same as the $200 version..he main difference is that it made with kangaroo leather or something.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
650 tt on a vapours  and it mash up within a week lol

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
650 soundin cheap for dat
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most amount of money you will spend on a pair of football boots?
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »
i got it on a sale

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most amount of money you will spend on a pair of football boots?
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 05:55:59 PM »
i got it on a sale
daz why it mash up soo fast  :rotfl: :rotfl:
u get it from payless nah

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 07:08:28 PM »

recently bought a predator (the downgrade) for US$75.........Iz a nice boots.........

was tempted to buy the $200 kangaroo leather version, but felt I'd be doing the sport an injustice by flammin' out a hot boots, and then pullin' man stones on the field..........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 08:45:56 PM »
so what if de man ask a question?..obviously nothing much going on in the forum discussion wise..so if yuh don't want to give some kinda decent input maybe you should shut yuh arse...yuh acting as if you doesn't do or say stupid things either..steups

and yes i have a $50 Predator imitation and it fits just the same as the $200 version..he main difference is that it made with kangaroo leather or something.

Nothing wrong with asking a question...... saying that is the topic for today is pure idelness bordering and childish.

Anything to see dey name in lights.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 01:30:27 PM »

take yuh time!!

nutten much going on in de forum? steups!!

dat is ah real chupid question!!

if it is dat de man was walking in de mall and see ah boots for 300 US or 2000 TT and find it kinda steep and wanted to get de general opinion of de rest ah forumites with respect to boots prices then dat is understandable.

But tuh come online and ask men how much dey go pay for ah boots just so and call it de question of de day?  dat man have tuh be full with folly!

It have men who does have real good posts and yuh does have men who does just put up post just so tuh see dey name on de board!!!

Worse yet, wat hurting me more than anything else is dat de man name andre too!

and ah nex ting, u say it have nutten going on in de forum? de man post dat on friday! friday is de day before most of our overseas pros play any ball, why not ask something about them?

As Trini was saying, we in ah world cup hex  where we are four games away from realitsically qualifying for a world cup and man sending down good posts on de other page so that he could post ah question of de day bout de most yuh go pay fuh ah boots!!

Imagine if bobby and dem on foxsportnews ask dat for de question of de week.......lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 01:46:18 PM »

take yuh time!!

if it is dat de man was walking in de mall and see ah boots for 300 US or 2000 TT and find it kinda steep and wanted to get de general opinion of de rest ah forumites with respect to boots prices then dat is understandable.

But tuh come online and ask men how much dey go pay for ah boots just so and call it de question of de day?  dat man have tuh be full with folly!

It have men who does have real good posts and yuh does have men who does just put up post just so tuh see dey name on de board!!!

and ah nex ting, u say it have nutten going on in de forum? de man post dat on friday! friday is de day before most of our overseas pros play any ball, why not ask something about them?

As Trini was saying, we in ah world cup hex  where we are four games away from realitsically qualifying for a world cup and man sending down good posts on de other page so that he could post ah question of de day bout de most yuh go pay fuh ah boots!!

Imagine if bobby and dem on foxsportnews ask dat for de question of de week.......lol

Funny.................yes it is a stupid question, but I think you could lighten up and have fun with it too.

At the end of the day........who cares ??    answer it...or don't.....Don't get a hemroid over it...not worth the argument
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 02:18:46 PM »
oh boy.. I smell a cyat fight!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 03:05:26 PM »
me ent arguing  ;D...ah just saying Andre Samuel and he pardner Cowen ent have to get on like 2 jammette arguing with other people over a stupid question  :yapping:
allyuh ent realise anybody could post when they want and whatever they want as long as they don't break whatever rules it have...if thats allyuh opinion of the man that he just want to see he name in lights..ah have to say allyuh is de real fools for even wasting yuh time looking for reasons why he made the post in the first place.
Feliz

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 03:26:51 PM »

take yuh time!!

So why even bother to post in here if you dont think its a worthy topic?

Nobody not coming in the Fantasy League thread and fighting down allyuh playing pretend!!!  Cause we all know there is some intelligent football discussion going on in that thread.....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:54 PM »
good one Mr.MC  ;D
ah like it "playing pretend football"
Feliz

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 07:54:14 PM »
me ent arguing  ;D...ah just saying Andre Samuel and he pardner Cowen ent have to get on like 2 jammette arguing with other people over a stupid question  :yapping:
allyuh ent realise anybody could post when they want and whatever they want as long as they don't break whatever rules it have...if thats allyuh opinion of the man that he just want to see he name in lights..ah have to say allyuh is de real fools for even wasting yuh time looking for reasons why he made the post in the first place.

Bravo, Bravo Robin Hood!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Defender of de innocent!! :wavetowel:  :wavetowel:

I find de question was stupid............full stop. 

I ent know bout u, but i does real big up this site everywhere i go and i does proudly boast that some of the best topics and conversations does come up on this site! 

So when it is ah man have tuh come and tell me that de famous site that i bigging up have ah "how much yuh go pay fuh ah boots" question of de day i will get vex!

Cowen right bout his description of de purpose of de topic, cause dat man only want de see he name in lights

Some ah alyuh might say dat if i ent like de question that i should just ignore it, but dat is de same third world mentality dat some of alyuh have dat does make alyuh feel dat criticism is an attacking force!

I have nothing against Andre 305, so there is no need for Robin"feliziano"Hood  :duel: tuh come and try tuh save de day!!

and Mr.MC..........if u were a forumite last year and de year before, u would realise that de fantasy league is something that we always look foward to since it does give men bragging rights in terms of managerial foresight :thinking:  :thinking: :thinking:............lol.

so your comparsion of it to ah "how much fuh ah boots" question is ah bit unbalanced!!

ah love it!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 08:56:48 PM »
Andre yuh not making too much sense.

Bravo, Bravo Robin Hood!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Defender of de innocent!! :wavetowel:  :wavetowel:

I find de question was stupid............full stop. 

As is your right, but other people can feel differently.

I ent know bout u, but i does real big up this site everywhere i go and i does proudly boast that some of the best topics and conversations does come up on this site! 

So when it is ah man have tuh come and tell me that de famous site that i bigging up have ah "how much yuh go pay fuh ah boots" question of de day i will get vex!

Well you have a problem because there are several frivolous threads on this board, some of which you have probably contributed to. Even in the Trini Musings post Sam, Palos and others were addressing football topics and all you contribute was how fast a Carnival band sell out and what section yuh playing.

I Personally have no interest in that so I should get vex and jumbie that thread then. If that is the case every thread on this board will just devolve into people telling other people what they do and don't like. To each his own man. If everybody had the same ideas and interests on this board there would actually be nothing to talk about.

Cowen right bout his description of de purpose of de topic, cause dat man only want de see he name in lights

Yeah but you guys only making things worse by posting in the thread and bumping it up. Also all threads die eventually. A thread like this would have hit no more than 10 or 20 posts and then died (unless it drifted to something else) if you didn't make it interesting by starting a debate, one of those good conversations that you were referring to.

Some ah alyuh might say dat if i ent like de question that i should just ignore it, but dat is de same third world mentality dat some of alyuh have dat does make alyuh feel dat criticism is an attacking force!

But you did attack the men, questioning their maturity. Criticism would have been to simply say "Fellas I feel we could talk about more serious or relevant things and refrain from starting frivolous topics" That would be fair criticism, what you did was come out to blast the men.

I have nothing against Andre 305, so there is no need for Robin"feliziano"Hood  :duel: tuh come and try tuh save de day!!

If you could feel the need to comment on Andre305 and Jahyouth posts then Feliziano could feel the need to comment on yours. Also wasn't Cowen echoing your sentiments. Was that playing Robin Hood?

and Mr.MC..........if u were a forumite last year and de year before, u would realise that de fantasy league is something that we always look foward to since it does give men bragging rights in terms of managerial foresight :thinking:  :thinking: :thinking:............lol.

so your comparsion of it to ah "how much fuh ah boots" question is ah bit unbalanced!!

You  are interested in fantasy league, a next man interested in boots. I personally would be more likely to post in a fantasy league thread because that is my thing too (I not buying no expensive boots) but that still doesn't make one more or less important than another since neither of them have anything to do with TnT players, the national team etc.

If the topics is not for the board, Tallman and Flex will move/remove it.
If it is a shit topic that nobody is interested in, other topics will bump it down.

And you are right to not like the thread but that really should have no bearing on anybody else.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 09:05:21 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 09:04:14 PM »
JDB how much would you spend on boots?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 09:27:08 PM »
JDB how much would you spend on boots?

I would love to answer that question but there are more important things to talk about and I don't want to overload the site. To paraphrase the Black Stalin, when all of TnT's football woes are a thing of the past then I will talk about football boots.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 06:28:45 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 05:49:58 AM »
True JDB, good points were made, and i understand wat u are saying.

If de man was interested in boots, then he woulda make a comment and then ask a question, if u notice, he just asked dat question, call it de question of de day and ride out! lol

I am not going to defend myself since i said those things for a reason and i believe i got certain pionts across.

With respect to the Trini mussing post though, trini mentioned it in his post and i commented on that aspect of it, just like some other people did (on de zen scene), and moved on!

He then asked me which section i playin in and i answered him and gave him the status of the band.

I am not de only person who felt that way about that question, but i was the only person (and Trini too) who actually voiced his opinion on it

1) If we in a world cup Hex year and the most popular topic of the day is how much a man will spend on a pair of tugs.....we worse than we think..........taken from trini's trini mussings post!

I didnt mean to offend anyone, so if i did, then hard luck dey!

One love tuh all on de site, and nuff respect to all de peole who make dis site wat it is, but Oh Lard Man!! Ah boots? lol

ah still love it!!

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 10:31:55 AM »
Then yuh shoulda get on this man fuh posting this too then....

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=3373.0

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005, 11:42:43 AM »
Truly depends on the level you playing at..but regardless if that yuh have to be comfortable in yuh gears and also..if yuh know yuh en hot...den yuh at least have to look like yuh could play..so de boots have to suit...

$100 US is a reasonable investment..but look for boots on sale..yuh could find kangaroo fuh $60/70...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »
so Andre Samuel..what kinda boots yuh have by the way?  ;D
so Andre 305..yuh buy a new one yet?  ;D
JDB yuh made some good points deh too.

aye allyuh don't study me..ah just feeling a lil peckish lol..ah still like everybody here though  :cheers:
instead of attacking each other with friendly fire or not maybe we should go clout up that Nikkodemus fella. :rotfl:

Feliz

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 04:21:24 AM »
WE WILL CARRY ON... WE NOT GIVING UP... WE GOING GERMANY

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>