April 27, 2024, 04:12:11 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 140752 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Is Galavision showing all the qualifiers next year?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »
Telemundo shows all Mexico games home and away in ESPANOL

Galavision and ESPN shows all USA games home and away in ESPANOL and ENGLISH respectively

CNMG shows .......... well we hope

So what channel if any can I watch the game if I am in the US?  Or do I need to go get dish network lol
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »
el salvador playing nicaragua on telefutura right now
Hart for president

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 06:57:48 PM »
any tnt scouts at them ES matches ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 07:15:36 PM »

That would require foresight on the TTFF's part, need I say more....
(uuuum am I still allowed to ill speak the TTFF??.... ??? ::))
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 07:36:44 PM »

That would require foresight on the TTFF's part, need I say more....
(uuuum am I still allowed to ill speak the TTFF??.... ??? ::))

We done in dey black book so doh study it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who gets left out and who starts vs El Salvador?
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »
So who go start in de 1 striker spot vs El Salvador? 

Glen has been scoring and he brings something that none of our other strikers seem willing to do, run at the opposing defense. 

Jones has been scoring regularly for Sunderland.  He brings aerial prowess and a big physical presence but his strike rate for T&T is not impressive. 

Jason Scotland is on fire from since last season for his club but his strike rate for T&T is..hhhmmm anybody remember when last Scotty score fuh we?

Stern John has not been hot for his club(s) lately but his record fuh T&T speaks for itself.  Stern can play shit for 89 minutes and win the game in the 90th.  No other T&T striker has been as reliable as Stern in recent or distant memory.

Daryl Roberts I believe is a regular starter for his Turkish club and has scored some nice goals.  His is versatile enough to play in midfield and will fight to win the ball back.  Somehow he seems to be the lost warrior.  For whatever reason he has been discarded since the win in Bermuda even though he scored one of the two necessary goals for us to advance.

Since it is very likely that Latapy will play the withdrawn forward role there will only be 1 other forward position available.  Which other striker will get left out of the team and which striker will get the start?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who gets left out and who starts vs El Salvador?
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
knowing Maturana he will call up Jorsling

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 06:26:30 PM »
knowing Maturana he will call up Jorsling

Jorsling is very good
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 06:33:12 PM »
since we like to put players out of position ... why not let all 5 of them start in midfield.
start Tallest as the lone striker and we will play boomkick football ... hoof it up to Tallest and let him head in all the goals against dem midgets from El Salvador.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 06:35:02 PM »
yea...i dont mean to knock Jorsling...but he not in de camp nah...dais de kinda ting dis "man" capable of

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »
yea...i dont mean to knock Jorsling...but he not in de camp nah...dais de kinda ting dis "man" capable of

is only 11 could play at a time yuh know ... you want dem to drop Kenwyn, scotty, stern, Glen or Roberts from de mix for de hex ? ..or play all ah dem ?
no sooner yuh pick Tom people ask bout harry ...is wah we want ..ah change ah de rules to play wid 16 ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 06:55:41 PM »
since we like to put players out of position ... why not let all 5 of them start in midfield.
start Tallest as the lone striker and we will play boomkick football ... hoof it up to Tallest and let him head in all the goals against dem midgets from El Salvador.

You might be joking but it eh such a bad idea to play " english football " against dem latin style teams we will face. I eh supporting de tallest ting but Jones and Mc farlane up front wid yorke Tallest and thomas joining for free kicks and corners would terrify dem short men ...plus anytim we we hoof it up dey go have to take it down to put it on the floor ...add some hard tackles and we right dey ! play to your strength i always say ..when you have lemons ..make lemonade !

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 07:03:29 PM »

You might be joking but it eh such a bad idea to play " english football " against dem latin style teams we will face. I eh supporting de tallest ting but Jones and Mc farlane up front wid yorke Tallest and thomas joining for free kicks and corners would terrify dem short men ...plus anytim we we hoof it up dey go have to take it down to put it on the floor ...add some hard tackles and we right dey ! play to your strength i always say ..when you have lemons ..make lemonade !

It might sound like I joking, but I kinda serious.

Look at how we score the goal that get us into the World Cup.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2009, 07:14:59 AM »
i understand how kj  plays but he bring a stardom to tnt

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Name your starting 11 for the ElSalvador game
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2009, 07:43:25 AM »
Lets see how many will get it right

Mine is

Ince

Edwards  Tallest  Thomas     Edwards

Yorke

Birchel                         Daniel

Latapy

Scotland                     Jones

Take your shots........ :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
El Salvador eye Promised Land
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
Eleven years after El Salvador reached the final qualifying round for the 1998 FIFA World Cup France™, the CONCACAF side are once again vying for a place at the game's premier event. With their region's Hexagonal qualifying round just weeks away, the question all Salvadorians are asking themselves is whether Carlos de los Cobos' squad are better than the 1998 generation and if they can go all the way to the FIFA World Cup finals for the first time since 1982.

Step by step
The El Salvador team that came of age in the preliminary competition for France 1998 is considered to be the best the country has produced in the last 20 years. Headed by such legends as Raul Diaz Arce and Mauricio Cienfuegos, La Selecta comfortably made it through to the final qualifying round, having eliminated Panama and Cuba along the way.

In the six-team final phase, after defeating Canada and Costa Rica, losing to Mexico and drawing with the USA, the Central American side had to beat Jamaica at home in their penultimate game to give themselves a realistic chance of claiming a berth in France. Unfortunately, on a night to forget in San Salvador, the Cuscatlecos could only draw 2-2 with their visitors, a result that set the Reggae Boyz up for a historic qualification one week later.

In spite of the disappointment, many of the players from that era still have fond memories of their time under Milovan D'Joric. One such figure is Ronald Cerritos, who had this to say about that famous quest: "As I recall, that was the only qualifying campaign where there were no problems to impede our work. There was almost nothing for the players to complain about. The atmosphere was very relaxed, unlike other qualifying tournaments I've been involved in."

Freefall and recovery
After the France 1998 qualifiers, Salvadorian football went into a steep decline, with the national team unable to make it to the Hexagonal phase for either Korea/Japan 2002 or Germany 2006. The talented squad from the 90s gradually fell apart amid disappointment and regret about unfulfilled potential.

When De los Cobos took charge in 2006, confidence among his players was at a very low ebb. Diaz Arce, by then a few years retired, bemoaned at the time, "Sometimes it seems like we're 30 or 40 years behind in our thinking. We're moving the ball around too slowly; there are no changes in tempo and we have no one capable of surprising. It's all long balls even though we have no tall players [to aim for]."

Without any big-name stars, many felt El Salvador's South Africa 2010 campaign would also be fleeting, particularly after they were drawn against Panama in the second round. Yet the callow youngsters in whom De los Cobos had placed his trust had other ideas. First they knocked the fancied Canaleros out of the competition, then kicked on to come through a four-team group at the expense of Haiti and Suriname.

Now, optimism abounds, and not even a draw with Nicaragua or defeat to Honduras at the UNCAF Nations Cup has dented confidence, as demonstrated by the match report of the Honduran game in the country's AM newspaper.

Optimism reigns
"In terms of team performance, tonight El Salvador bordered on perfection. The 3-5-2 formation used against the Catrachos was the most compact system we've seen the national team use at the Nations Cup. Now it's just a question of developing that."

But will it be enough to take the team all the way to South Africa? Another former Cuscatleco legend, Jorge "El Zarco" Rodriguez, feels there are grounds for optimism but is taking nothing for granted. "The coach deserves a lot of credit for what he has done. As a Salvadorian, I want us to qualify for the World Cup as it's our dream, but we have to look at the reality. I can see El Salvador battling for fourth place in the Hexagonal. I would also like to congratulate this young team, because not many people expected them to get this far," says the former Aguila, FAS and Alianza star.

So would he say the current side are better than the team he graced in the 90s? "I wouldn't like to speculate as to which was better. The teams are different. What I will say is that, like us, the present side give absolutely everything. I hope they go on to be better than we were." With the Hexagonal getting underway in a fortnight's time, we might soon have the answer to our question.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
                  Ince
              Lawrence
          Yorke      Birchall
 Roberts  Latapy Daniel  Edwards
      Scotland  John   Jones

:P :P :P  T&T win 10-8
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:57:55 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
-----------------------------------Ince---------

Power(should be Cyd-----Thomas---Dennis------------Pacheco/Edwards(should be Avery)

Carlos----------------Dwight-------Birchy------------Daniel

-------------------------Latas
--------------------------------K.J

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Are we going into the Hex with adequate preparation?
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »
  We have a couple of weeks prior to the first game, how do we develop  team cohesion, by playing these  so called 'friendlies' with one side and then parachuting in  the 'big boys' AND HOPING THAT THE TEAM WILL GEL AND PRODUCE  positive results?

I get it that the foreign players are contractually bound by their teams and the release time they get may not permit time for more competitive friendlies.

How many days could these foreign  based players be released prior to a WC playoff?

How do we predict the ability of the current players against the level of play that they are facing? Would we be better off having games against Jamaica? Chile?  Canada? Venezuela?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are we going into the Hex with adequate preparation?
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »
More than normal but only time will tell if it adequate.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »
El Salvador eye Promised Land
(FIFA.com)

Eleven years after El Salvador reached the final qualifying round for the 1998 FIFA World Cup France™, the CONCACAF side are once again vying for a place at the game's premier event. With their region's Hexagonal qualifying round just weeks away, the question all Salvadorians are asking themselves is whether Carlos de los Cobos' squad are better than the 1998 generation and if they can go all the way to the FIFA World Cup finals for the first time since 1982.

Step by step
The El Salvador team that came of age in the preliminary competition for France 1998 is considered to be the best the country has produced in the last 20 years. Headed by such legends as Raul Diaz Arce and Mauricio Cienfuegos, La Selecta comfortably made it through to the final qualifying round, having eliminated Panama and Cuba along the way.

In the six-team final phase, after defeating Canada and Costa Rica, losing to Mexico and drawing with the USA, the Central American side had to beat Jamaica at home in their penultimate game to give themselves a realistic chance of claiming a berth in France. Unfortunately, on a night to forget in San Salvador, the Cuscatlecos could only draw 2-2 with their visitors, a result that set the Reggae Boyz up for a historic qualification one week later.

In spite of the disappointment, many of the players from that era still have fond memories of their time under Milovan D'Joric. One such figure is Ronald Cerritos, who had this to say about that famous quest: "As I recall, that was the only qualifying campaign where there were no problems to impede our work. There was almost nothing for the players to complain about. The atmosphere was very relaxed, unlike other qualifying tournaments I've been involved in."

Freefall and recovery
After the France 1998 qualifiers, Salvadorian football went into a steep decline, with the national team unable to make it to the Hexagonal phase for either Korea/Japan 2002 or Germany 2006. The talented squad from the 90s gradually fell apart amid disappointment and regret about unfulfilled potential.

When De los Cobos took charge in 2006, confidence among his players was at a very low ebb. Diaz Arce, by then a few years retired, bemoaned at the time, "Sometimes it seems like we're 30 or 40 years behind in our thinking. We're moving the ball around too slowly; there are no changes in tempo and we have no one capable of surprising. It's all long balls even though we have no tall players [to aim for]."

Without any big-name stars, many felt El Salvador's South Africa 2010 campaign would also be fleeting, particularly after they were drawn against Panama in the second round. Yet the callow youngsters in whom De los Cobos had placed his trust had other ideas. First they knocked the fancied Canaleros out of the competition, then kicked on to come through a four-team group at the expense of Haiti and Suriname.

Now, optimism abounds, and not even a draw with Nicaragua or defeat to Honduras at the UNCAF Nations Cup has dented confidence, as demonstrated by the match report of the Honduran game in the country's AM newspaper.

Optimism reigns
"In terms of team performance, tonight El Salvador bordered on perfection. The 3-5-2 formation used against the Catrachos was the most compact system we've seen the national team use at the Nations Cup. Now it's just a question of developing that."

But will it be enough to take the team all the way to South Africa? Another former Cuscatleco legend, Jorge "El Zarco" Rodriguez, feels there are grounds for optimism but is taking nothing for granted. "The coach deserves a lot of credit for what he has done. As a Salvadorian, I want us to qualify for the World Cup as it's our dream, but we have to look at the reality. I can see El Salvador battling for fourth place in the Hexagonal. I would also like to congratulate this young team, because not many people expected them to get this far," says the former Aguila, FAS and Alianza star.

So would he say the current side are better than the team he graced in the 90s? "I wouldn't like to speculate as to which was better. The teams are different. What I will say is that, like us, the present side give absolutely everything. I hope they go on to be better than we were." With the Hexagonal getting underway in a fortnight's time, we might soon have the answer to our question.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
Is the same thing every WC. Jack go be cussing Sbragia for KJ and Carlos  ..... and on and on etc etc.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
Ah could tell yuh one thing, T&T don't need no inexperienced defender in the campaign. We have to stop that nonesense. That is unacceptable. Just unacceptable.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
Ah could tell yuh one thing, T&T don't need no inexperienced defender in the campaign. We have to stop that nonesense. That is unacceptable. Just unacceptable.

YES SIR
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »
Alberta men eh go answer cause they fraid it will come back and bite them. All the hullabaloo about all that going on and no one putting they "money" where there mouth is.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2009, 10:09:08 PM »
this is excellent....ask your self first...all the matches you mentioned wont happen,... there are no friendlies...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:18 AM »
know Maturana most likely line up will be:

Ince

?? Cyd Gray??  -  Lawrence - Thomas - Edwards

Edwards -  Birchall - Yorke -  Daniel

Latapy

Jones

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
Junior Burgos To Train With El Salvador National Team
Courtesy: San Jose State Athletics

Junior Burgos in action for San Jose State inside Spartan Stadium against Stanford on August 31, 2008. (Photo by Damon Tarver)

Los Angeles, Calif. - San Jose State University’s Efrain Burgos, Jr., has been invited to a three-day training camp of the El Salvador men’s soccer national team in Los Angeles, Calif.

El Salvador will be going through its preparations for an international friendly with Peru, to be held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Friday, February 6, beginning at 8:00 p.m.

Burgos will fly down to Los Angeles on Monday, February 2, to join the squad, and then train with the national side Tuesday through Thursday, February 3-5, in advance of the Peru contest. He will be attempting to earn, at minimum, a spot on the bench for Friday night’s warm-up match. Should he find his way onto the field, it would mark his first full international cap for El Salvador. El Salvador opens the final qualifying round for the 2010 FIFA World Cup just five short days later, at home against Trinidad and Tobago on February 11.

“This would be one of the top experiences of my lifetime, to be able to play for the country I was born in,” said Burgos. “I have been getting ready for this opportunity. Now that I have the chance, I just want to work as hard as I can and show them that I deserve to be there. I’m very grateful for the opportunity.”

El Salvador lost to host Honduras, 2-0, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, on Monday, January 26, but still advanced to the semifinals of the Central American Nations Cup this Friday, January 30, against Costa Rica, and clinched a sixth trip to the CONCACAF Gold Cup despite the result.

Burgos concluded his sophomore campaign at San Jose State in November of 2008. He lists San Bruno, Calif., as his hometown, and is a 2006 graduate of Westmoor High School in Daly City, Calif., but was born in Santa Ana, El Salvador, and spent his early childhood there while playing for El Salvador at the U-9 through U-12 levels before moving to the United States. His father, Efrain Burgos, is a former member of the El Salvador national team.

As an attacking central midfielder, Burgos started 11 of 13 games played this past season, and was second on the team with 13 total points from five goals and three assists. One of his goals was an incredible strike of over 50 yards from just inside his own half, to give the Spartans a 1-0 lead in the second half of a 1-1 draw at top rival Santa Clara University on September 24. The score helped earn him MPSF Player of the Week recognition on September 29. Burgos led the entire Mountain Pacific Sports Federation with 77 shots, 30 of them on goal.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2009, 11:41:34 AM »
Ah thinking bout making the trip to see the game...have not seen my team play outside T&T fuh a long time now

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
know Maturana most likely line up will be:

Ince

?? Cyd Gray??  -  Lawrence - Thomas - Edwards

Edwards -  Birchall - Yorke -  Daniel

Latapy

Jones

If I'm a coach and see that left side line up, It will have no grass on that left side cause attacking is down that side I pushing my play. Defending we making sure the left back get the ball almost everytime then go pressure.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>