April 27, 2024, 01:54:25 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 140697 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS FLASH: El Salvador under investigation
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2009, 12:02:52 AM »
sounds like motivation to me. Team will get a we against the world attitude, and play stronger against their next opponent...TnT

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2009, 01:11:09 AM »
let them know de warriors takin no prisoners.take they cutass and hush
Eh capo , i have ah strange feeling that we will not come away with ah positive result on the 11th.

reason being , i think pancho underestimating the competition, remember,them fellas is not the same team we played on ah few occassions, that and ES beat haiti by a 5-0 margin.

keep in mind that we catch we nenen to beat ah under strenght haiti earlier in the yr.

i think this was the only road game that we stood ah chance to win and we're blowing it by going there with another understrenght experimental team, when we should've went there with our best team on paper to seal this win.

imagine we have new fellas on the roster again, that and ah weak wing defence could do us in.

all this mad jack in the box doing is experimenting with players he's seen before, but for the life of me this coach seems like he can't settle on ah core of players as of yet. tell me this , when would our players gel as ah unit?

i don't believe good players make up ah team of winners, but i do believe that cohesion and chemistry is the key to success.

just look @ mancity & chealsea, full of big name on their roster but can't win to save their skins.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:46:28 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:13 AM »
El Salvador under investigation
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Thursday, February 5th 2009

A mere few days before hosting Trinidad and Tobago's "Soca Warriors" in a World Cup qualifier in San Salvador, El Salvador's national footballers have been placed under investigation by UNCAF, the governing body for football in the Central American region.

Three of the Cuscatlecos' players are under suspicion for faking injury following a stormy Digicel UNCAF Nations Cup semi-final match against Costa Rica. With Costa Rica leading 1-0, the game was abandoned in the 60th minute by Panamanian referee Roberto Moreno when El Salvador were reduced to six players. The match was then awarded to Costa Rica by a 3-0 margin, according to FIFA rules.

Moreno had red carded Alexander Escobar and playmaker Eliseo Quintanilla in the first half, and after El Salvador had already made three substitutions, Deris Umanzor, Rodolfo Zelaya and goalkeeper Juan José Gómez were injured and had to leave the game. However, UNCAF suspect that with two players short, a goal down and under pressure, El Salvador were anticipating a huge defeat and conspired to save face by faking injury and so having the match suspended. El Salvador had a poor run of just one victory at the tournament beating the region's whipping boys Belize by a 4-1 margin. However, it was still enough to give them a semi-final spot and so qualified them for the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

The UNCAF investigation made both front and back page news in the Sunday edition of El Diario de Hoy, the country's biggest daily newspaper. It is the just the latest in a series of setbacks and scandals facing El Salvador football. Just recently, El Salvador had an attempt to recruit American midfielder Arturo Alvarez stopped by FIFA, and last week the vice-president of the El Salvador Soccer Federation, Jose Torres resigned, while accusing president Rodrigo Calvo of mismanagement and branding him a tyrant. It got worse at the National Cup when in their first match, Los Cuscatlecos were held 1-1 by Nicaragua, a result described in El Salvador as a "national shame". After all, in 2008, Nicaragua lost 2-0 and 1-0 over a two-leg series and were knocked out of World Cup qualifying 3-0 on aggregate by Caribbean minnows, Netherlands Antilles. El Salvador's latest problems saw team doctor José Marà a Rivas Mandingo, coach Carlos De Los Cobos and the three suspected players all appearing on Saturday night in Honduras before an UNCAF panel.

According to El Diario de Hoy: "The unexpected and shocking semi-final match against Costa Rica sparked the controversy and may have consequences for our team. The UNCAF yesterday opened a case against the national team on suspicion of simulation of the three players injured in the second half that left El Salvador with six men and forced the suspension of the semi-final. The UNCAF interviewed Rodrigo Calvo last night, the doctor José Marà a Rivas and players Juan José Gómez, Rodolfo Zelaya, and Deriso Umanzor to give their version of events in opening the investigation."

Diario Co Latino, another El Salvador publication, described the match as "the show starring the footballers of El Salvador". The publication also sided with Panama referee Moreno and said he was correct to send off two players. Diario Co Latino reported that star midfielder "Cheyo" Quintanilla tried to fool the referee into awarding a penalty by diving and was correctly given a second yellow card. They described the team's behaviour as the worst in El Salvador's history.

"The expulsions were valid despite coach Carlos de los Cobos and Rodrigo Calvo, president of the FESFUT, saying otherwise," the publication reported. "Thereafter it was easy to be suspicious of injuries from the Cuscatlecos which left only six players on the field.

At a hastily convened press conference, El Salvador's Mexican coach De Los Cobos said he was not going to let controversy affect his preparation and was solely concentrating on the match against Trinidad and Tobago. And the team doctor insists the injuries were real. He said Denis Umanzor suffered a collarbone injury and Rodolfo Zelaya perhaps did not warm-up well, while the goalkeeper Juan Jose Gomez got hit in the knee.

"I've never been a liar, this was a bad night, combined with poor conditions, unfortunately (we) could not make a good show because the referee hurt the game," De Los Cobos said.

Well well, seems like we in the Gold Cup after all.
They will be found guilty and thrown out of the finals, Jack will strike a deal with Belize or the next in line from UNCAF ( who would say something like they don't have a team ready blah blah blah ) and as such TT will be invited as guest team to fill in.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »
I hope our players are prepared for some serious diving and play acting and nasty tactics in El Salvador!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
d man name de los cobos??

am i the only one to find dat funny? ;D :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:25 AM »
Like is now dem seeing that. Once Guatemala and El Salvador score a goal, the acting begins. Denzil have nuuten on dem, academy award performance. I watch one game, one man get kick rooling around by the side line. When he realize where he was and would get taken off easy, he drag himself further into the field and start rolling again. Mean time another play drop down in the center circle and start holding his leg. FIFA and CONCACAF fu ah shit, if they wanted to stop this it is easy, but yet they take no action. It is the same with all the holding and grabbing on corner kicks. Where else on the field yuh does see dat shit.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2009, 08:32:21 AM »
ah hope akile could take spit
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »
from all this I realise this team frighten and look like dey good for about 3 .
Good luck TNT and lets get this thing started!!!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »
We hadda cut they arse good and proper.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
aye i had a few concerns w/ the selection... mostly w/ the lack of defenders but after talking to a salvadorian friend abt the game he sed that real men there fear spann.lol.i serious... i take it as a joke at 1st but the man watch me real hard... like that bullet he score and the corners he put in against them real scar the team... anyways he sed he believe el salvador going to get the playoff spot (good luck to them) but he aint sure abt them getting the result against t&t... he said all his family and friends real into football back there and they real afraid of this t&t side... if the t&t b/c-side could give them trouble then this side going to real pressure them... that's his views not mine... but i think i starting to agree w/ him...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »
... anyways he sed he believe el salvador going to get the playoff spot (good luck to them) but he aint sure abt them getting the result against t&t...

If they can't beat T&T at home who are they gonna beat?  This is their easiest match on paper

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2009, 02:17:13 PM »
El Salvador under investigation
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Thursday, February 5th 2009

A mere few days before hosting Trinidad and Tobago's "Soca Warriors" in a World Cup qualifier in San Salvador, El Salvador's national footballers have been placed under investigation by UNCAF, the governing body for football in the Central American region.

Three of the Cuscatlecos' players are under suspicion for faking injury following a stormy Digicel UNCAF Nations Cup semi-final match against Costa Rica. With Costa Rica leading 1-0, the game was abandoned in the 60th minute by Panamanian referee Roberto Moreno when El Salvador were reduced to six players. The match was then awarded to Costa Rica by a 3-0 margin, according to FIFA rules.

Moreno had red carded Alexander Escobar and playmaker Eliseo Quintanilla in the first half, and after El Salvador had already made three substitutions, Deris Umanzor, Rodolfo Zelaya and goalkeeper Juan José Gómez were injured and had to leave the game. However, UNCAF suspect that with two players short, a goal down and under pressure, El Salvador were anticipating a huge defeat and conspired to save face by faking injury and so having the match suspended. El Salvador had a poor run of just one victory at the tournament beating the region's whipping boys Belize by a 4-1 margin. However, it was still enough to give them a semi-final spot and so qualified them for the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

The UNCAF investigation made both front and back page news in the Sunday edition of El Diario de Hoy, the country's biggest daily newspaper. It is the just the latest in a series of setbacks and scandals facing El Salvador football. Just recently, El Salvador had an attempt to recruit American midfielder Arturo Alvarez stopped by FIFA, and last week the vice-president of the El Salvador Soccer Federation, Jose Torres resigned, while accusing president Rodrigo Calvo of mismanagement and branding him a tyrant. It got worse at the National Cup when in their first match, Los Cuscatlecos were held 1-1 by Nicaragua, a result described in El Salvador as a "national shame". After all, in 2008, Nicaragua lost 2-0 and 1-0 over a two-leg series and were knocked out of World Cup qualifying 3-0 on aggregate by Caribbean minnows, Netherlands Antilles. El Salvador's latest problems saw team doctor José Marà a Rivas Mandingo, coach Carlos De Los Cobos and the three suspected players all appearing on Saturday night in Honduras before an UNCAF panel.

According to El Diario de Hoy: "The unexpected and shocking semi-final match against Costa Rica sparked the controversy and may have consequences for our team. The UNCAF yesterday opened a case against the national team on suspicion of simulation of the three players injured in the second half that left El Salvador with six men and forced the suspension of the semi-final. The UNCAF interviewed Rodrigo Calvo last night, the doctor José Marà a Rivas and players Juan José Gómez, Rodolfo Zelaya, and Deriso Umanzor to give their version of events in opening the investigation."

Diario Co Latino, another El Salvador publication, described the match as "the show starring the footballers of El Salvador". The publication also sided with Panama referee Moreno and said he was correct to send off two players. Diario Co Latino reported that star midfielder "Cheyo" Quintanilla tried to fool the referee into awarding a penalty by diving and was correctly given a second yellow card. They described the team's behaviour as the worst in El Salvador's history.

"The expulsions were valid despite coach Carlos de los Cobos and Rodrigo Calvo, president of the FESFUT, saying otherwise," the publication reported. "Thereafter it was easy to be suspicious of injuries from the Cuscatlecos which left only six players on the field.

At a hastily convened press conference, El Salvador's Mexican coach De Los Cobos said he was not going to let controversy affect his preparation and was solely concentrating on the match against Trinidad and Tobago. And the team doctor insists the injuries were real. He said Denis Umanzor suffered a collarbone injury and Rodolfo Zelaya perhaps did not warm-up well, while the goalkeeper Juan Jose Gomez got hit in the knee.

"I've never been a liar, this was a bad night, combined with poor conditions, unfortunately (we) could not make a good show because the referee hurt the game," De Los Cobos said.

Well well, seems like we in the Gold Cup after all.
They will be found guilty and thrown out of the finals, Jack will strike a deal with Belize or the next in line from UNCAF ( who would say something like they don't have a team ready blah blah blah ) and as such TT will be invited as guest team to fill in.

:praying:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »
... anyways he sed he believe el salvador going to get the playoff spot (good luck to them) but he aint sure abt them getting the result against t&t...

If they can't beat T&T at home who are they gonna beat?  This is their easiest match on paper

that's why i sed good luck.lol... i dont see them posing any form of threat to any of the other sides unless somehow they have some unstoppable force behind them... i see them being very much like how we were in the hex back in 2001  :devil:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »
As long as the team doh underestimate them we have a great shot at takin' all 3 points.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Salvadorianboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »

This is our easiest match for as BUT T & T 2 . Dont forget that for the other teams El Salvador and T & T are the weaker teams or not ?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2009, 10:20:05 AM »
I Called CNMG and they said they will know by possibly Monday if they bringing the game cuz they in negotiations right now

so fingers crossed

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2009, 11:08:19 AM »

This is our easiest match for as BUT T & T 2 . Dont forget that for the other teams El Salvador and T & T are the weaker teams or not ?

Alyuh it doh have no easy games. All them games need to be looked as hard labor.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2009, 11:14:23 AM »
I Called CNMG and they said they will know by possibly Monday if they bringing the game cuz they in negotiations right now

so fingers crossed

and toes SM what time is d game our timez?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »

so fingers crossed

9pm TT time

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2009, 12:58:55 PM »
Still no idea where to see the game here... is enuff to make me feel like hopping on a plane to El Sal  >:(
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »
Still no idea where to see the game here... is enuff to make me feel like hopping on a plane to El Sal  >:(

If it shows on CNMG someone will put up the online link to it

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »
look like Denzil listening to somebody and building he body strength and size.  Hopefully he can get better leadership wize on the field

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTT_yVfjaVg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kTT_yVfjaVg</a>

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2009, 02:10:30 PM »

If it shows on CNMG someone will put up the online link to it

while yuh dere hook up an internet feed for we nah  ;D

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
el salvador won peru 1-0 last night

saw it on http://futbol24.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2009, 02:48:31 PM »

so fingers crossed

9pm TT time

Muchas gracias
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »
el salvador won peru 1-0 last night

saw it on http://futbol24.com

meh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »

Yes.
De only one to find it funny two years after he coaching them and we play them at least three times since.

It not really dat funny to begin with, but carry on...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2009, 08:04:38 PM »

Yes.
De only one to find it funny two years after he coaching them and we play them at least three times since.

You're ah real cold mean person dude.....that's if you're really ah person.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »

Yes.

You're ah real cold mean person dude.....that's if you're really ah person.

lol. What can i say. the weather does funny things to people.
I don't get on much anymore; let me play mihself while I have access nah...

*this was an automatic message from a bot using midknight's ID. Please do not respond as your reply will most likely not be read*
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>