March 28, 2024, 05:35:10 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 139291 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: What the El Salvador newspapers are saying - from PATRIOT
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Brian.....ah love it!!

I am surprised with that lineup.  I would have preferred Wolfe on the left to give akeil edwards a little more coverage.

From that line-up, it appears that we are going for a win!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
Glenn Starting next to Jones....and Latas and Jaggy coming on in the second...and is real ting!!!!
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
I getting restless boy. Time moving real slow. it feels like it took 3 hours for the last hour to go by.

Go and take ah sleep, then wake up game go be on.   ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »
Could someone guide meh to the Full WCQ Schedule thread...wha plan meh holidays for the year..thanks

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
So 9pm TT is what 8pm EST ?

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game Viewing thread for T&T v SLV (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »
this was posted in another thread:

T&T vs El Salvador

http://www.atdhe.net/live-tv-3297.html

I eh going to no bar to watch the game on a laptop like if men peong-ing a video game in the arcade.

i agree...I hope that ain't the case at all...and it end up being all choppy on the screen too...steups, what happen to the Trini bars broadcasting the game in Toronto?
whey boy!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
Could someone guide meh to the Full WCQ Schedule thread...wha plan meh holidays for the year..thanks

http://concacaf.com/viewCompetition.aspx?id=233

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »
Really it don't matter who starting or not, licks still passing tonight.  :whip: :whip:  :challenge:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »

T&T vs El Salvador

I eh going to no bar to watch the game on a laptop like if men peong-ing a video game in the arcade.

i agree...I hope that ain't the case at all...and it end up being all choppy on the screen too...steups, what happen to the Trini bars broadcasting the game in Toronto?

dem trini bars are wothless, dey only have one and thats mangozs and they not up to standard when coming to sports, worth a try yes, scrillah like yuh backing out sah

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »

T&T vs El Salvador

dem trini bars are wothless, dey only have one and thats mangozs and they not up to standard when coming to sports, worth a try yes, scrillah like yuh backing out sah

I remember it had a huge side of us who organise and went to Mangoville on Jamaica Ave in Hollis for the TT-Bahrain 1st leg.
It take them some time to find the game, but it was a good vibes.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2009, 02:32:09 PM »

T&T vs El Salvador

whey boy! i ain't backing out, u check the scene, i coming later, i just hoping it ain't gonna be like that lime way back back in 2001 when we try to find that trini vs ja wcq game and the people didn't even bring de game...like they knew the outcmoe ahead of time and decided not to show de game
whey boy!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »
This is how they will line up today...alyuh los cobos.

Ince

Silvio         Lawrence   A.   Edwards
                 Thomas

Yorke
Carlos                          Daniel
                  Birchall

Stern  Jones

Goose bumps watching this line up..... I hope Akile have a good game tonight... Plus Jaggy as a sub go be sweet.

TnT TnT TnT..... ;D

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 11, 2009, 02:45:32 PM »
Boy I so nervous and excited, me stomach hurting me. You would think I playing the match lol. Skip out of work early (as usual) but especially to come home and organise. Even the mista getting into the spirit. Going and get some KFC, have some rum and coke, polish off the bottle of wine I open yesterday and game on....
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 11, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »
right
I now reach home
have meh tings organise and I ready
when de game on again :waiting:

;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Excitement in de place.  I love this game. :drool:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 11, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
I just talk to my padna in El Salvador (he's Salvadorian).

dey quaking!!

Men shaking at the mention of the name KENWYNE JONES

Ah hear the strategy is to put two midgets on either leg and hold on tight for the ride.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
Re: El Salvador shock user poll
« Reply #379 on: February 11, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »
so dey have lots of Salvadorians wid computers to skwed de polls

WHATEVER :rotfl:

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 11, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
http://www.justin.tv/johnnyviera7

i think this maybe an online link...not sure til later...
anyway check it out.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 11, 2009, 03:22:02 PM »
Patriot yuh cyah post the original spanish report too...

That spanglish hurting eyes...  ;D

Here you go:-

TRINIDAD N PISO EL CUSCA

SOURCE:- La Prensa Grafica (Noticias De Verdad)

www.laprensagraphica.com

El conjunto caribeno prefirio quedarse a descansar en su hotel y no reconcer cancha.

La selection nacional de Trinidad y Tobago prefirio no reconcer la cancha del estadio Cuscatlan donde jugara esta noche frente a su similar de El Salvador en el primer partido de la hexagonal de a CONCACAF.
Por mandato de la FIFA, los equipos visitants tienen erecho a practicar en la sede del visitants tienen derecho a practicar en la sede del visitante 24 horas antes de un partido eliminatorio.

Jorge Ortega, inspector de seguridad del partido entre caribenos y cuscatlecos y irigente de UNCAF, aseguro que no hay ningun problema ante la decision que tomo el technico de Trinidad y Tobao, Francisco Manturana, al no reconocer anoche la cancha del estadio Cuscatlan.

“Las luces del estadio estaban listas. El comisario del juego se percato de ello. Eso no trae problemas para el equipo local ni para el visitante”, apunto Ortega, quien fungio como gerente regional del Aguila el ano pasado.

El ex dirigente empumado indico que el alumbrado artificial del Cuscatlan esta en perfecto estado para el choque de hoy.

FIEL AL ESTILO
Por lo que se ha podido ver en las practices de los insulares, Maturana sera fiel a su idea de jugar co linea de cuatro en la zaga para colcar cuatro hombres en la media cancha. Uno de ellos sin duda alguna sera Russell Latapy, de 40 anos de edad y quien es el que hace el futbol inteligente.

En la ofensiva Habra dos jugadores. Desde ya Dwight Yorke se perfila como el encargado de abanderar la ofensiva de los caribenos.
En la delegacion de Trinidad y Tobago no se ha perdido ese buen humor con el que arribo al pais el martes de la semana psada.

“Hemos vendido a jugar a el Salvador. Esperamos tener una Buena noche para que podamos hacer un buen juego”, apunto el technico que llevo a dos mundiales a la seleccion de Columbia.

“Pacho”  ha tenido tiempo para hacer algunas bromas con sus pupilos.

Christian Penate

LLegaron nevos refuerzos

“Estan relajados, y ya cuentan con aficion para brindarles poyo”

Tomas Romero

Source :- El Diario De Hoy (El Periodico de El Salvador”  elsalvador.com

Luego de un entreno matutino en el estadio Jorge Gonzalez, los integrantes de Trinidad y Tobago dedicaron el resto del dia para recuperarse y pensar en el juego de hoy ante El Salvador, en el que, de paso, contaran con el grupo de aficionados caribenos que espera harcerse sentir en el Cuscatlan.
Francisco Maturana, entrenador de Trinidad, prefirio que su equipo se relajara durante la tarde, sobre todo porque los legionaries han tinido un largo viaje.
En cualquier caso, “Pacho” descarta que sienta alguna presion de enfrentar a El Salvador. “Ni siquira lo he pensado, tengo ya unos 200 partidos con diferentes selecciones, asi qu no me siento presionado”.
Sin embargo, reconoce que es difrente cuando se trata de los jugadores, a quienes consideramas impresionables, sobre todo porque  “a nivel de selecciones tenemos que quitarles la presion”.
En cuanto a la formacion de hoy, el entrenador coombiano  prefiere no compartirla, ya que opina que “es major que los jugadores se enteren en la charla technical de manana (hoy), y no por los medio de communicacion”.
Maturano es muy escueto para hablar de su rival, al que describe como “bueno, juega bien”, pero si amplia que tiene como meta que “Trinidad haga su juego, nosotros tenemos una forma de jugar y esperamos que eso prevalezca”.
Si bien su estrategia descansa en ohco legionarios que militant en el futbol ingles. Maturana tendra en las gradas un reducido grupo de aficionados que vestira los colores Trinitenses.
“Trinidad y Tobago va a ganar 2-1, venimos muy emocionados y vams a apoyar con todo nuestro aliento a nuestra seleccion”, dijo Brian Springer, quien arribo ayer en un vuelo charter.
Asi,mientras uno de sus amigos practicaba la unica palabra en espanol que parecia conocer, “pupusa”, Springer aseguraba que “para Trinidad fue muy deficil llegar a la hexagonal, y para El Salavador fue facil, pero nosotros vamos a ir al Mundial”.

“Tenga ya unos 200 partidos con diferentes selecciones, asi que no me siento presionado de ninguna manera” Francisco Maturana Entrenador de Trinidad y Tobago.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »
right
I now reach home

;D

8pm est
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »
That team looking strong boy!!!! Dang!!!!

they better win too
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2009, 03:26:24 PM »
right i translate it, make some more sense  :devil:

FLAT N TRINIDAD Cusco

SOURCE: - La Prensa Grafica (News Of Truth)

www.laprensagraphica.com

The entire Caribbean has preferred to stay at his hotel to rest and not Recognizing court.

The selection of Trinidad and Tobago national preferred not Recognizing the Cuscatlan stadium where the stadium will play tonight against his like El Salvador in the first game of the CONCACAF hexagonal to.
Mandated by FIFA, the teams IGHT visitors have to practice at the visitors have the right to practice at the visitor 24 hours before a match knockout.

Jorge Ortega, safety inspector of the match between Caribbean and irigente of UNCAF cuscatlecos and ensures that there is no problem with the decision of the Trinidad and Tobago Technico, Francisco Manturana, by not recognizing the stadium last night Cuscatlan Stadium.

"The stadium lights were ready. The commissioner of the game is aware of this. That does not bring problems to the local computer or the visitor, "said Ortega, who served as regional manager of the Eagle last year.

The former leader empumado indicated that the artificial lighting of the Cuscatlan in perfect condition for the clash today.

FEEL THE STYLE
As has been seen in the practices of the island, Maturana will be faithful to his idea of playing co-line four in the rear colcas for four men in the half court. One of them will undoubtedly Russell Latapy, 40 years of age and who is doing the smart football.

There will be two on the offensive players. Dwight Yorke is now seen as responsible for the offensive flag of the Caribbean.
The delegation of Trinidad and Tobago has not lost the humor with which he arrived in the country on Tuesday PSAD.

"We sold a play to the Savior. We hope to have a good night for us to make a good game, "said the Technico that led to two global selection of Columbia.

"Pacho" had time to make some jokes with his pupils.

Christian Penate

Reinforcements arrived snowy

"They are relaxed, and already have fans for giving UPPORT"

Tomas Romero

Source: - El Diario De Hoy (El Periodico de El Salvador "elsalvador.com

After a morning training at the Jorge Gonzalez, members of Trinidad and Tobago spent the rest of the day to recover and think about the game today to El Salvador, which, incidentally, had the group of enthusiasts Caribbean expected to feel in getting Cuscatlan.
Francisco Maturana, the coach of Trinidad, preferred that his team will relax during the afternoon, especially as the Legionaries tinido have a long journey.
In any case, "Pacho" discarded feel any pressure to deal with El Salvador. "Neither siquira I did, I already have about 200 games with different teams, so what I do not feel pressured."
However, it is recognized difrente when it comes to players who consideramas impressionable, especially because "level teams have to remove the pressure."
With regard to training today, the coach coombiano prefer not to share this as it feels it is best that players know the technical talk tomorrow (today) and not by the means of communication. "
Maturano is very brief to talk about his opponent, who describes it as "good, plays well," but if the goal is broader than that "Trinidad made his game, we have a way to play and hope that it will prevail."
While his strategy rests on ohco legionaires militants in English football. Maturana in the stands have a small group of fans who wear the colors Trinidadian.
"Trinidad and Tobago is going to win 2-1, we have been very excited and vams our full support to encourage our selection," said Brian Springer, who arrived yesterday on a charter flight.
Thus, while one of his friends practically the only Spanish word that seemed to know, pupusas, "Springer says that" Trinidad was very deficil to get to the hexagonal, and for El Salavador was easy, but we will go to the World " .

"I already have about 200 games with different selections, so I do not feel pressured in any way" Coach Francisco Maturana of Trinidad and Tobago.
> swap

Youtube Channel

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Salvador shock user poll
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »
so dey have lots of Salvadorians wid computers to skwed de polls

WHATEVER :rotfl:

Or could it be that people expect the Salvadorians to trounce us ???

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
right
I now reach home
 ;D
8pm est
Thanks
I know
I thought that the smiley would have been the clue
I just tusty for this game :D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 11, 2009, 03:36:36 PM »
Here we go with or without practising at the stadium the night before.

BP
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 11, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »
die hard.... that making more sense?  

Reinforcements arrived snowy
  :rotfl:

just kicks pardner.... Patriot thanks for de spanish link...

Real therapy for me later... they gone and schedule ah call for 8:30 pm tonight!!!

Mamayo! Now ah kyah get on wassy and warahoonish while de game going on!! Pressure! I hoping and praying no goal ent score while I making ah contribution  :praying:
I could only imagine the shit that go come out my mouth!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 11, 2009, 03:45:34 PM »

http://concacaf.com/viewCompetition.aspx?id=233

yuh know I was dey...meh screen setting was to big to see the scroll bars..Like I dotish with d excitement...Thanks E-man

1]; } ?>