April 27, 2024, 01:12:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 140674 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #780 on: February 11, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
Bring back Beenieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He won't play Latapy.

Latapy won't play Latapy

but he suppose to be tryin to not be on the team.............ah mean seriously.................even if we doh like d idea......................but den again some ah dem fellas eh ready spann was a waste a time aklie too
I pity the fool....

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »
Ah think we making too much  fuss about the fitnes thing... is tru we have some older legs but it dont matter how fit or how young the legs are, it will always be difficult, especially at the end of games if we cant possess the ball and instead we constantly chasing balls across and towards we own goal.

we have to get at least 50% of the possession in this hex or else we toast.

lol...you takin the fitness thing lightly man.  Trust me, fitness is very very important at this level.  Lack of fitness is directly related to the decrease  in ability to effectively compete and maintain ball possesion. ......as you witnessed earlier.  

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »
All yuh forget the last time we play El Salvador they score ah free kick on us in DC??? Man I cayr believe in that tutu that Mats do...

Offline Salvadorianboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33:56 PM »
MOTHERc**t REF!!!!!!

What the ref do? We celebrated the dubious PK and now he give them a FREEKICK and we cussing the ref? Come on.

Ohh come on man !! thats the most stupid comment that I have ever see in my life Marco Antonio gave u 3 PKs and he dint gave as 2 clar Pks  :o :o

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 11, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »
Sack Maturana. Pure bullshit. HORRIBLE TACTICS THE FINAL 10 mins......WHY ARE WE PLAYING WITH 2 STRIKERS?!!!!!
jesus i cant take this shit

Mats eh miss no penalty eh hoss

What shit you talking fella?  Yuh ent see de man specifically mention "TACTICS" or what??

Maturana deserve blame for putting the players in a position where they had to sit back and defend the last 15 mins of the game.  Ince was less than spectacular on both goals... but he never should have been placed in that situation.  You don't concede that much space, time and position to El Salvador allowing them to take shot after shot and gain confidence with each surge.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 11, 2009, 09:34:50 PM »
Birchall sub and Stern sub cost us the game

Birchall even though on a yellow (and that ref is a c**t for giving him a mysterious yellow) was keeping the el salvadorians to use the width... then leon comes in and invites them to come through the center... Theobald would have been the choice for me

then Stern...ok yuh take him off...bring on 1 of the CM's or Latapy... we away from home protecting a 2-0 lead.. 15 f**king minutes to go you put on another striker

MATURANA JUST DONT THINK....

Of course if Stern scored the penalty i would think we would have went on to win but things happen...but it was the subs made that cost us this game

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
Eyh allyuh forkin stupid or what!! experience is ah major factor in ah team, when yuh have rookies on ah team getting run before man who tested and tried, what the fack yuh expect.

it's the same thing happen in the guatemala game, the defence went tuh sleep and on a same set piece. the coach is ah a$$, he can't see he making the same old stupid mistakes time after time!

alkie and spann should not have been on that team , same goes for hislop and leon, them fallas is pure local rookies, they never play out side (with the exception of spann) tuh see what real pressure is.

let pancho keep experimenting with the team, the same way we not going to the GC, if he stays it's the same way we will finish last in the HEX!! who doh like what i say could go suck yuh.............
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »
Defence - Lawrence playing league 1 ball with bottom team
              Hislop on vacation
              Edwards on vacation
              Spann playing conference ball

WE BUN

Dat is probable de weakest defence in de HEX

Midfield     Yorke - no sweat with Sunderland
               Edwards- bench getting a few minutes here and there
               Daniel on vacation
               Leon - on vacation

WE BUN

Up Front   Stern on de bench for Bristol
               Jones scoring for Sunderland

WE still BUN

Yuh cyar play when yuh bun.I was expecting the more experience players to step up but they didn't at the end.true those free kicks at the end were more judgement calls than actual fouls yuh don't put yourself in dat position,Hislop committed the first and Yorke the second.    

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:43 PM »
to touch on one of jus cool points... I cyah believe Clyde Leon get pick in front of Trent Noel...

no offence to Clyde
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 11, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »
The interesting thing is Akeil Edwards had his best game for T&T tonight...and Spann did ok as well... but they still shouldnt be our first choice Wingbacks IMO

CB option after Keyno Thomas...Makan lol... dey couldnt take Sancho on the tour to get fit and show what he can do...and we have Julias James as well...

we like to f**k ourselves over...yuh have Cyd..Avery..Nigel Daniel..Noel Williams... das 4 wingbacks dere

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 11, 2009, 09:41:10 PM »
Goals - Fail...score 2, let 2, missed 3, they 2
Individual defending - Fail
Individual Attacking - Fail
Teamwork defending - bare pass
Teamwork attacking - pass
Game Control/fitness - Fail
Possession - Fail...nuff said
Substitutions - Fail
Result - pass
Grade - Average
Future Potential - Pass
Fan support - N/A

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 11, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »
i agree with royal...with respect to the "we bun" part.   That was quite evident in the last 20 mins...we were bun mentally and physically

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 11, 2009, 09:42:55 PM »
this will probably be the 5th game in a row i have nothing positive to say about akile edwards. the boy is clueless tactically as a defender. please somebody explain to me how this youth keep playing this wing back on my national team??? :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 11, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »
first of all this is sad..
we probably should have three points
AND one of better players in this game will be blamed for costing us the game

but there are many things that we need to look at...

I AGREED  with the birchall sub - HE WAS on a yellow card and we would have needed a battling defensive mid in the latter stages

here are the things that have been overlooked bcuz of stern's miss

Kenwyne Jones' play was not on the level of a premiership striker today..
Stern did everything KJ was supposed to do...

here's something u should consider on several occassions late in the game KJ got the ball at the top of the centre half and instead of holding up the ball and allowing his team to reset..he punted the ball forward...gifting it back to el salvador

Stern on the other hand probably woulda have held up the ball and played and oncoming midfielder to spread the play OR he would have drawn a foul...let's hope this comes with experience...

spann is liability at right back..he not a horrible player put he can't play there..

dwight yorke had little impact in this game...when we were under pressure in the game he rarely got his foot and stamped his experience in this game...PROBABLY bcuz he hasn't played a game in a while
AND he is holds some culpability for allowing stern to take the penalty as captain and designated penalty kick taker..

where was keon daniel..he needs to become a presence on the left..he is one of the reason akile edwards ( who actually was one of our better defenders today) looks so bad...

both free kicks could have been stopped by a competent defence...the first goal in particular..i would place blame on lawrence for taking the position and obstructing ince...similarly on the equaliser there was no need for him to retreat from the wall... his movement made the keeper's job more difficult...

but IT IS stern's fault for missing the penalty...

the positives

Carlos had a good game...he was the man of the match and after stern  left the pitch he was the only outfield player who seemd to actually be thinking about what he was doing and he was denied a third penalty...

we didn't lose

Good post.  The solution at right back is difficult tho. Who do we play there? I understand y Spann was in the side and it wasn't for is defense, he made some good runs up the line but not enough. KJ had an off day in terms of controlling and holding the ball but the service wasn't there to be fair. Keon Daniel wasn't a factor today and drifted into the center way to much. HE doesn't seem to like to play wide but he's ineffective when playin in the middle. Akile was good and made to look bad because of a lack of support from Daniel. For me the team didn't look good even when we were up 2 in the first half. I was thinking to mysself I can't believe e look so ameaturish yet up by 2.

Anyway, this is a good lesson and its time to turn it into motivation.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 11, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
aside from the fact that i get chain up to go in ah el salvadorian bar with ah man (capo) who does look like ah straight pyol among he own.. the lime was good... lol

but oh mudda c**t man..

how yuh does transform a 5-0 into a 2-2??

i feel like i was watching west indies...

Stern hadda take de lion's share of de blame for missing that penalty. 3-0 was game over.. how yuh go take de PK off ah Yorke and kick de ball overbar? at least make de keeeper save....

the only consolation was that very best structured honduran ting wukkin de bar.. lawd, if allyuh see dat ting.. i wish that thing was here right now for me to take out the frustration, geez an ages...

this was not a draw, it was a loss.. hope they could pick up the pieces.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 11, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »
The interesting thing is Akeil Edwards had his best game for T&T tonight...and Spann did ok as well... but they still shouldnt be our first choice Wingbacks IMO

CB option after Keyno Thomas...Makan lol... dey couldnt take Sancho on the tour to get fit and show what he can do...and we have Julias James as well...

we like to f**k ourselves over...yuh have Cyd..Avery..Nigel Daniel..Noel Williams... das 4 wingbacks dere
small mag...i think a large majority of ppl on this board are giving akile a raw deal..I think he ahs potential to be as good if not better than avery..buh nigel daniel is my player tho..

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 11, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »
I BEEN WATCHING T&T PLAY FOR A WHILE NOW....AND SINCE THEN IT SEEM T&T HAVE A HARD TIME KEEPING POSSCESSION....WHY THAT IS SO HARD....WHY EVERY OTHER TEAM WE PLAY HAVE BETTER POSSCESSION THEN US...WHY IS THAT....I DON'T KNOW...I JUST FEEL WE NEED TO COOL IT FROM THIS WORLD CUP THING...GUYS AH GUESS AH SAY THIS BECAUSE IAM HURT..I DON'T KNOW

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 11, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »
Substitutions - Fail
Result - pass
Grade - Average
Future Potential - Pass
Fan support - N/A

Too much failure = Losses in the future

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #798 on: February 11, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
aside from the fact that i get chain up to go in ah el salvadorian bar with ah man (capo) who does look like ah straight pyol among he own.. the lime was good... lol

ah needed to laugh.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 11, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »
WAW i just have to laugh at some of these coments. I agree our defensive line up is prob the weakest in the HEX and i agree that 3 of those guys never play ball outside trini but what are our other options? A rapidly declining Cyd Gray, or Sancho? Maybe a rapidly declining Avery? are those suppose to be our saviors in defense. People, wake up from dreamland and accept that we will qualify with what we got because thats all we got. I will say that Julius James needs to be given another look because lawrence is also rapidly declining. Experience is important but a team of 35+ players aint taking us nowwhere. At some point these youbg guys have jump into the fire and become the next Cyd, Sancho and Avery bec they won't be arounf forever.

And 4 the record our current coach is a very good one, the players he's working with aren't. The man aint God, he can't work a maricle and produce 11 worldclass players and put on the field. At what point do the players take responsibility for their performance?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 11, 2009, 09:53:07 PM »
Substitutions - Fail
Result - pass
Grade - Average
Future Potential - Pass
Fan support - N/A

Too much failure = Losses in the future

Blessings

Hope not
Goals win games, an Stern had 2 one on one, not Edwards or Spann or KJ( doh I feel he shoulda have one)...if the coach have to take blame for that well, that's just wrong...what he have to take blame for is the subs...it was Stern & Jones game to win, defence and Ince to prevent El Salvador from winning, El Sal didn't win...who/where/when was Leon, is the man who come on for Birchall, and tun ghost immediately

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 11, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
lol..yeah leon was really on a ghost scene.....but it kinda hard to make an impact when everybody else on your team bun.....ah well

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #802 on: February 11, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »
obviously stern has to take blame for missing a glorious chance to end the game, but seriously  omar stern wasn't even on the field when we conceded those goals.we had a really bad game overall and got lucky in the first half. we needed  to hold the lead and possess the football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 11, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »
lol..yeah leon was really on a ghost scene.....but it kinda hard to make an impact when everybody else on your team bun.....ah well

Ghost u does feel dey spirit Leon was on d field really?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 11, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »
i agree with royal...with respect to the "we bun" part.   That was quite evident in the last 20 mins...we were bun mentally and physically
Is not bun nah breds, i've been watching T&T football for decedes, and any time we have a commanding lead we does act the fool and give it away.

look ah piece ah sh!t!! dwight just scored on ah penalty, yuh would think that he would take the next one that came along, but no ! he gave it to stern knowing fully well that stern don't have the nerve for taking panalties,

example, the last time we played mexico in trini 05,he blantly kick the ball @ the keeper.

dwight on the other hand is ah pressure player he should've known better than to let stern take that penalty

dwight does produce under pressure , tha last two penalies we had before that dwight took it and scored including tonight's 2nd goal ,why give it to the throw away king.            

jack if yuh want to go to SA, and not lose out on yuh cooperate investment money, then do yuh self and the country ah favor and fire pancho right now breds. trust meh , he's ah goat!!

ps:complaisance is our biggest enemy!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:08:16 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 11, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »
and that shoulda be de next way eh.they should have been motivated to secure that lead.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »
Eyh allyuh forkin stupid or what!! experience is ah major factor in ah team, when yuh have rookies on ah team getting run before man who tested and tried, what the fack yuh expect.

it's the same thing happen in the guatemala game, the defence went tuh sleep and on a same set piece. the coach is ah a$$, he can't see he making the same old stupid mistakes time after time!

alkie and spann should not have been on that team , same goes for hislop and leon, them fallas is pure local rookies, they never play out side (with the exception of spann) tuh see what real pressure is.

let pancho keep experimenting with the team, the same way we not going to the GC, if he stays it's the same way we will finish last in the HEX!! who doh like what i say could go suck yuh.............
Nobody fighting you anymore JC ,like touches say they  A,B,C for  yourself. Good point ,we didnt go to the Gold Cup and WE NOT GOING TO THE WORLD CUP ....with this coach start ah tread with that they .

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 11, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
the only consolation was that very best structured honduran ting wukkin de bar.. lawd, if allyuh see dat ting.. i wish that thing was here right now for me to take out the frustration, geez an ages...

Dread, ah wuldna mind livin vicariously nah  :devil: :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 11, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »

yuh reach home spar.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:05 PM »

yuh reach home spar.

Still sour, say wah, lime/gape was nice doh, good link up, leh we keep it movin
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>