April 25, 2024, 07:24:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 140394 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #810 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:34 PM »
obviously stern has to take blame for missing a glorious chance to end the game, but seriously  omar stern wasn't even on the field when we conceded those goals.we had a really bad game overall and got lucky in the first half. we needed  to hold the lead and possess the football.

personally i think we play good in spurts, the first 15 was shakey, we run tings up until min 70 and then the last 20 was a back to de wall...

but hoss.... lemme put it this way...

that miss penalty change the game and hand el salvador the momentum. He swing on we stones with that one.. If he had score that PK, or the 1 v 1 then regardless of whether or not he was on the field, we would have been coasting. 3-0 was equal to game over and we woulda be working on goal difference.

I coulda be more sympathetic if he make de keeper save, but he voom dat overbars, and after he rush Yorke for de PK to boot?? Nah man..  yuh being generous.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 11, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
the only consolation was that very best structured honduran ting wukkin de bar.. lawd, if allyuh see dat ting.. i wish that thing was here right now for me to take out the frustration, geez an ages...

Dread, ah wuldna mind livin vicariously nah  :devil: :devil:
yuh reach home spar.

Still sour, say wah, lime/gape was nice doh, good link up, leh we keep it movin

that ting was looking so bess, she had me glancing away from de tv screen in injury time yes..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #812 on: February 11, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »
just cool you find dwight had a good game ? i thought he was MIA for long periods .we usually could depend on him to steady the ship but not tonight .hard luck yorkie !

yorke was doing stern (who was very tusty) a favour by giving him an opportunity to among the goals and boost his confidence . stern failed to execute .

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 11, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »
the only consolation was that very best structured honduran ting wukkin de bar.. lawd, if allyuh see dat ting.. i wish that thing was here right now for me to take out the frustration, geez an ages...

yuh reach home spar.

that ting was looking so bess, she had me glancing away from de tv screen in injury time yes..
i still too depressed to pelt ah jock.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 11, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »
Defence - Lawrence playing league 1 ball with bottom team
              Hislop on vacation
              Edwards on vacation
              Spann playing conference ball ( on the bench now and again  )

WE BUN

Dat is probable de weakest defence in de HEX

Midfield     Yorke - no sweat with Sunderland
               Edwards- bench getting a few minutes here and there
               Daniel on vacation
               Leon - on vacation

WE BUN

Up Front   Stern on de bench for Bristol
               Jones scoring for Sunderland

WE still BUN

Yuh cyar play when yuh bun.I was expecting the more experience players to step up but they didn't at the end.true those free kicks at the end were more judgement calls than actual fouls yuh don't put yourself in dat position,Hislop committed the first and Yorke the second.    
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 11, 2009, 10:16:09 PM »
up to now i wondering how de f**k we throw this away....

i thought god was a trini?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 11, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »
And 4 the record our current coach is a very good one, the players he's working with aren't. The man aint God, he can't work a maricle and produce 11 worldclass players and put on the field. At what point do the players take responsibility for their performance?

really aye
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #817 on: February 11, 2009, 10:20:20 PM »

Only fuh hurricanes and tropical storms.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 11, 2009, 10:25:26 PM »
This just reminds me of a post I read sometime back.  "One stumble and T&T's hopes could be gone.  I hope tonite wasn't the stumble."  
it just might have been >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 11, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »

Only fuh hurricanes and tropical storms.

Because we have dem hurricanes call Manning and Panday so we does get spare from Ivan and co
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:19 PM »
If then guys don't shape up they will be slaughtered in Nashville.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #821 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »
Birchall sub and Stern sub cost us the game

Birchall even though on a yellow (and that ref is a c**t for giving him a mysterious yellow) was keeping the el salvadorians to use the width... then leon comes in and invites them to come through the center... Theobald would have been the choice for me

then Stern...ok yuh take him off...bring on 1 of the CM's or Latapy... we away from home protecting a 2-0 lead.. 15 f**king minutes to go you put on another striker

MATURANA JUST DONT THINK....

Of course if Stern scored the penalty i would think we would have went on to win but things happen...but it was the subs made that cost us this game

I agree. Don't think the subs made sense. Especially the Birchall sub. Why take off your hardest working midfielder in a situation where you defending a lead?

Also, there were a couple plays at the end of the game where the ball was played in Cornell direction and he lost it and I thought to myself if Stern was still on the field he would have held it up and run down some more time.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »

for 75 mins we played well and should have had at least 5 goals.
clear cut chances were the penalty, KJ not finishing, and Dwight chance.

USA played nothing special versus Mexico. Both US goals came at the end of the halves - which is clutch.
The US plays for a complete 90 mins. They don't switch off. If we can play for a full 90mins, we will beat them. TWICE.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 11, 2009, 10:35:36 PM »

USA played nothing special versus Mexico. Both US goals came at the end of the halves - which is clutch.
The US plays for a complete 90 mins. They don't switch off. If we can play for a full 90mins, we will beat them. TWICE.

1 thing we actually agree on

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #824 on: February 11, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »
it was a stupid ass move to take off birchall.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: February 11, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »
Birchall sub and Stern sub cost us the game

Birchall even though on a yellow (and that ref is a c**t for giving him a mysterious yellow) was keeping the el salvadorians to use the width... then leon comes in and invites them to come through the center... Theobald would have been the choice for me

then Stern...ok yuh take him off...bring on 1 of the CM's or Latapy... we away from home protecting a 2-0 lead.. 15 f**king minutes to go you put on another striker

MATURANA JUST DONT THINK....

Of course if Stern scored the penalty i would think we would have went on to win but things happen...but it was the subs made that cost us this game

I agree. Don't think the subs made sense. Especially the Birchall sub. Why take off your hardest working midfielder in a situation where you defending a lead?

Also, there were a couple plays at the end of the game where the ball was played in Cornell direction and he lost it and I thought to myself if Stern was still on the field he would have held it up and run down some more time.

I beg to differ...the couple plays you talking about were very tough.....can't realistically expect Glen to make something out of nothing....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
dem shoulda play kendall jagdeosingh.   :rotfl:  ah drunk

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »

Truer words have not been spoken. Food!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 11, 2009, 11:00:53 PM »
Bring back Beenieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He won't play Latapy.

Latapy won't play Latapy

You know I was going and include that in what ah write, but ah say men will give meh to much stick and meh head hutting ah ready.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 11, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
MOTHERc**t REF!!!!!!

What the ref do? We celebrated the dubious PK and now he give them a FREEKICK and we cussing the ref? Come on.

Ohh come on man !! thats the most stupid comment that I have ever see in my life Marco Antonio gave u 3 PKs and he dint gave as 2 clar Pks  :o :o

Guess english is not your first language if you replying to me.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »
just cool you find dwight had a good game ? i thought he was MIA for long periods .we usually could depend on him to steady the ship but not tonight .hard luck yorkie !

yorke was doing stern (who was very tusty) a favour by giving him an opportunity to among the goals and boost his confidence . stern failed to execute .

Breds i will be honest. me and meh daughter watch the USA mex game and i was on and off  the computer going back and forth between both games, it's  only when the U.S. buss mexico arse, i sat @ the computer to tune in on the game. and what i saw made me sick to my stomach. so i closed the link and went to the store, when i came back on line i saw the game drew.

but bro it's ah no brainer if yuh know T&T football. the reality is , most of our players aren't top shelf quality, all this soca warriors brand name is ah farce.

i know i will get flack for this , but if we are willing to be honest with ourselves leaving emotions aside, we have a hand full of good player , and the rest is just pure sh!t, and if this was JA , they would've put away this sh!t team. BTW they are a better team than us, if your'e willing toi be totally honest. we have to beat mexico and hunduras @ home to dispute that.

has it ever occured to you why non of our players landed contracts after the WC, and the reason we performed so well in the WC was BC beenhakker taught us how to consentrate and hold possesion, he also taught us not to make silly mistakes in our defensive area, but we didn't have great players per say.

why yuh think after the WC he packed his bags and headed east. that's BC he knew there was very little he could do to help further our development and it was pointless stay BC we peeked out under him and there was no room for improvement.

now we have a little league coach who can't even organize ah defence, or rotate players effectivly, far more maintain a lead.

his selection policy is junky and most of all.... he doesn't know how to win!!!!!! this lost will severly affect the moral of the players, and even though it was a draw, it was still a loss by blowing a possible 3nil lead with 30 mins to go away from home.

BTW if we had roberts , avery , cyd and julius on the pitch today with a 2 nil lead  there was no way we was losing this game BC those guys have experience and plays with conviction.

our best player is KJ, followed by roberts ,carlos is ah close 3rd then birchall and hyland. the rest of them men can't even run out regular in the championship and league 1, but getting picklike they playing regular fro real madrid. sssttuueepppsss.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 11, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »
Goals - Fail...score 2, let 2, missed 3, they 2
Individual defending - FailIndividual Attacking - Fail
Teamwork defending - bare pass
Teamwork attacking - pass
Game Control/fitness - Fail
Possession - Fail...nuff said
Substitutions - Fail
Result - pass
Grade - Average
Future Potential - Pass
Fan support - N/A

You see that point you make there, it glaring. No technical and tactical insight on individual defending.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 11, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »

for 75 mins we played well and should have had at least 5 goals.
clear cut chances were the penalty, KJ not finishing, and Dwight chance.

Nah acb you see the speed of play for the USA. The first pass forward is a very penetrating deep ball into the forward on the floor. This killed us today imagine what could happen on the 1st April.

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:29 PM »
We need to improve and get the job done against Honduras. The team did well to me in the first half. However, the diagonal bal, especially on the right side was giving us problems. Then in the second half like we got too complacement and fitness too became a major factor.

Anyway, we came away with a crucial point in an away game (SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3POINTS). It is important in this campaign that we try not drop any points at home, starting with Honduras on March 28th.

Go Warriors!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 11, 2009, 11:29:57 PM »
SACK MATURANA
Hart for president

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 11, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
Nah acb you see the speed of play for the USA. The first pass forward is a very penetrating deep ball into the forward on the floor. This killed us today imagine what could happen on the 1st April.

Watching the game for the first 75 mins which we dominated, they key was keeping our shape.
Yes, there were a few close calls - but we kept our shape and dealt with whatever threats ES made very easily.
At first I was a bit nervous, but the defence played well up until the 75th minute. I think they held up solidly and played very well covering each other. They communicated very well, and thanks to the great feed - you could see players talking to each other, tracking back, covering and marking well.

Then we get bun.

The two goals we conceded was typical. The goals that ES should've coverted were very well saved by Ince, or well stuffed by the defence.
Those two freekicks were shit goals. The first one you have to blame Ince for not setting up his wall, and not being ready.
The second one was just pure mayhem and a lack of organisation.

However, we shouldve never ever been in that position at the end of the game.

I feel bad singling out players because I am sure everyone wanted to win.
I do believe that heads will roll though - but the funny thing about TT Football is that Jack will be the one making the big decisions that everyone else too afraid to make.

Isn't that how it always is in TT Football?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 11, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
anybody realize that de last throw of de game that was awarded to el sal was really we throw.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 11, 2009, 11:55:16 PM »
Capo,
          You right about the last throw-in. It definitely was TT. But tha ain't no excuse for the way we played.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 12, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »
SACK MATURANA

in a sense we could look at the draw as the best result....if we had won Maturana's job would be safe..now its touch and go...I really believe Jack have the balls to approach Scolari for the job and the money to get him

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 12, 2009, 01:12:13 AM »

yuh reach home spar.

i still too depressed to pelt ah jock.

Hahahahaha....Me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>