April 20, 2024, 08:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras game (28-Mar-2009).  (Read 118512 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras game (28-Mar-2009).
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 01:27:19 PM »
                                       Phillip

Thomas

Gray                                                            A. Edwards
                                     Lawrence                                         

Theobald

C. Ewards                                                      Wolfe
                                       Daniel

K.J.                     Scotland

Subs: Williams, James, Hislop, Spann, Hyland, Noel, leon, Latapy, Glenn, John.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
--------------Phillip-----------
------Lawrence----James------
--Thomas--------------Avery--
------------Theobald----------
--Carlos---------------Daniel--
-------------Latapy-----------
----Scotland-------Jones------

I like it.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 04:08:26 PM »
Does anyone know if yellow cards carry over from round to round?  If so Birchall and Ince will also be suspended for this one...but I don't think they do.
Yes bro, birchall and ince will be back in sunny england for this one, and yorke as you already know will miss quite a few. we really don't need yorke , we have tons of fellas who could replace him in midfield , like latas , hyland,bleeder, whitley.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »
theobald over hyland in he middle yeah ok  ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »

Hereare your choices
Becks shake he hand after d England game and say well done- Theobald

Gerald get a spanner.

Choose yuh poison
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »

For defensive mid. I would start Theobald ahead of Hyland.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Your 23 for Honduras and USA?
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
Roberts cayr start no way before scotty... no way.... >:(

Sadis', Roberts has something that Scotty is not great at, and that is heading power. More than half his goals are scored that way. Both borse players in their OWN way, so no offense to meh boy Scotty. Right now the T&T forward line is ram. Top players cyah geh in atall atall. However, there is a defender shortage.

Ok so without Yorkie, Birch and Ince (sorry to say), dis is de side to pick from fuh Honduras

Phillips (Jan)

Lawrence (Sancho)              Keyeno (Hislop)
                         Spann (Cyd)                                                            Aklie (Avery)

Denzil (Latas)           Highland (Noel)
                       Carlos (Baptiste)                                                        Samuel (Scotty)

Stern (Roberts)              Jones (Glenn)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:31:31 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »

bring back Cyd at RB and put Spann and Hyland in Yorke and Birchall place in the middle.  Remember when Birchall got injured in Bahrain, Spann replaced him and played well.
Theobald shud never wear the national colors again

-----------Philips----------------
Cyd----Lawrence---Thomas--Aklie
Edwards--Spann--Hyland---Daniel
----------KJ----Scotland--------
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:17:59 PM by arrow »

Offline Yardie08

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »

Head to Head World Cup Battle

P  W  L  D  F  A
HON  5  2  1  2  7  5 
TRI  2  1  2  2  5  7

Slight mistake in your head-to-head for games played by T&T. Well either that or T&T only show up for 2 of the 5 games  ;D

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »
Darryl Roberts deserves a spot without question

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »

Sadis', Roberts has something that Scotty is not great at, and that is heading power. More than half his goals are scored that way. Both borse players in their OWN way, so no offense to meh boy Scotty. Right now the T&T forward line is ram. Top players cyah geh in atall atall. However, there is a defender shortage.

Ok so without Yorkie, Birch and Ince (sorry to say), dis is de side to pick from fuh Honduras

Phillips (Jan)

Spann (Cyd)                                                            Aklie (Avery)

Carlos (Baptiste)                                                        Samuel (Scotty)

I would've to disagreee with you,an inform player can't sit on the bench and quite frankly scotty tearing it up in england,roberts on the other hand good player but streaky when it comes to scoring,we already have jones who scores most of his goals with his head,so lets move on......   

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 04:42:29 AM »

Phillips (Jan)

I would've to disagreee with you,an inform player can't sit on the bench and quite frankly scotty tearing it up in england,roberts on the other hand good player but streaky when it comes to scoring,we already have jones who scores most of his goals with his head,so lets move on......   
Breds yuh can't be more wrong ! i was there in trini for the first bermuda game , scotty was housed by them slow fat burmudans, and even though ppl say he was recovering from stomarch surgery, the man didn't bring anything special.

when daryl went to bermuda for the return leg, ppl who i know that was present said that them bermudans didn't know what to do with roberts, he was mobile , agile, unmarkable, elusive, quick, just an absolute nightmare, and most of all he scored a damn near impossible goal ! go back and watch it on youtube.

PS: roberts have 9 goals for the season and he's not a starter for his club as i previously believed.

as of a month ago he was top scorer in the league, not bad for an of and on player! so what so streaky bout that??
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:47:00 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Corbeaux

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »
D biggest concern  our national team hav for d hex rite now is age.  Most ah we men real old and yuh can't expect ah bunch of men ova 30 2 last 90 minutes.   Dis is where I respect Maturana for giving d yute like keon akile and hyland d chance to step up. Yorke might not last 45 and all we gettin outa lataz is twenty minutes. Ah bettin every man jack on dis forum dat sancho , cyd an avery neva playin for t&t again once ah sensible coach in charge.                                                                                                                                           Gk:Phillips                                                                       
  RB:James CB:Lawrence CB:Keyeno LB:Akiele                                           RW:Edwards   CM:Theobald CM:Hyland LM:Daniel                                                  ST:Jones  ST:Scotland
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:51:52 PM by Corbeaux »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
bump? like people care about the us game before this one

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »

Most of d peeps around here foreign base so dey excited bout seein d team. Dat is y all d hype bout Nasville.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 10:22:58 AM »

Most of d peeps around here foreign base so dey excited bout seein d team. Dat is y all d hype bout Nasville.

I guess we have to pin this up from now. found it quite on the 3rd page!!!  :-X

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »

I guess we have to pin this up from now. found it quite on the 3rd page!!!  :-X

Dey go make it a sticky ASAP

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »
hmm i now hear some bacchanal play off on tv6 news, with the soca monarch being in the stadium, how we might lose home field advantage. stanby
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2009, 05:16:26 PM »
THE FETES MASH UP THE STADIUM FIELD BAD , Grass missing and thing. Warner vex saying he doh believe it go be ready in time and the team cah train on it. PRESSURE  >:( HUNT saying it go be ready
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
hmm i now hear some bacchanal play off on tv6 news, with the soca monarch being in the stadium, how we might lose home field advantage. stanby

D Oval god 4bid so I cyah understand d lose home field advantage. Is just tryin 2 scare oui.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 11:42:35 PM »

What alyuh think about using Carlos Edwards as right back? I find our defense real weak - especially in the wing back positions and Carlos has shown that he can play the right back much better than any other player on the team. In the world cup Carlos did a good job against the likes of Ljunberg and Joe Cole and was one of the best players on the field in the Paraguay game. He has the engine to get forward to contribute in attack and defensively he is definitely better than Spann, who in my opinion is not a right back.

Spann played the game of his life in Right Back against the US in the last qualifying campaign (away in the Hex) and since then he seems to have been labelled a right back. But he has never been able to replicate that performance and to me continues to show that that is not his natural position. And given his ability I think he could be a lot more useful in the midfield.

Regarding Daryl Roberts - from what I've seen from him he works harder than our forwards. I haven't seen him play in a while but given the reports and the relative success he has been having in the Turkish League I could only assume that he is getting better and so I think he should be given a shot. The other thing is that Stern, Scotland and Jones to me have similar strengths. They all play a kind of "hold up the ball" role. On ther other hand Daryl is more mobile and is the kind of player that would give our attack a different dimension.

What position does Telesford play for his club? I find he looked like he had the potential to be a good central defender. Then all of a sudden he became a midfielder where he doesn't look as competent. He might be able to do a better job in defense than Makan Hislop (who's tackling against El Salvador was horrendous) or Keyeno (who I just think is too slow). Also what's Marvin Andrews stories? He still playing professional football?

My squad

Kenwyne
                   Latas
        Daniel   Hyland  Theobald
                   Spann
Avery   Lawrence   James    Carlos
                    Jan

Without suspensions

4-5-1
                 Kenwyne
                   Latas
        Daniel   Yorke   Hyland
                   Birchall
Avery   Lawrence   James    Carlos
                    Ince

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:49:17 PM by dwn »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 01:13:13 AM »
THE FETES MASH UP THE STADIUM FIELD BAD , Grass missing and thing. Warner vex saying he doh believe it go be ready in time and the team cah train on it. PRESSURE  >:( HUNT saying it go be ready

small thing. you can buy trays of ready grown grass like them NFL stadiums does do.  Hunt have the money for that.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2009, 12:23:36 PM »
Amado Guevara is out of the T&T game with 2 yellow cards..

Good news for us....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 12:44:29 PM »

small thing. you can buy trays of ready grown grass like them NFL stadiums does do.  Hunt have the money for that.

Yuh see the thing about the way Hunt went about this whole "no more cultural events in the stadium" campaign was kinda putting the cart before the horse.  Heself know there are no venues large enough in the country to host big events like AC 7 and Soca Monarch.  So rather than state in the earlies that something is being worked on to assist culture and in the meantime the Stadium etc. etc is available (with conditions), he come out guns blazing and den have to boil down like Bhaji and may end up looking like an idiot again vs. Jackula.....*sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »

bring back Cyd at RB and put Spann and Hyland in Yorke and Birchall place in the middle.  Remember when Birchall got injured in Bahrain, Spann replaced him and played well.
Theobald shud never wear the national colors again

-----------Philips----------------
Cyd----Lawrence---Thomas--Aklie
Edwards--Spann--Hyland---Daniel
----------KJ----Scotland--------

Arrow........Hull yuh Alpha Sayrah Sayrah.......Tink before yuh talk breddah

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 07:02:40 PM »
IS HE ON THE HONDURAN TEAM FOR THE WC CLASH ON THE 28-03-09.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
Marvin need 2 come home and play in d Pro League.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Where to get tickets for the Honduras game?
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
Ah jes hear on the radio that tickets for the Honduras games are available from 9th-20th March but dey did not say where.  anybody knows how this being organised this time????

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get tickets for the Honduras game?
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2009, 12:36:51 PM »
Same as from the England game call 800-fan or check d TTFF site

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>