March 28, 2024, 05:38:21 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras game (28-Mar-2009).  (Read 117698 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras game (28-Mar-2009).
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
Heard on C News tonight that Shaun Fuentes said that in addition to Yorke, Birchall, and Ince that Hyland is unavailable for the Honduras match.

thats good hyland out, guerra is a better player and should have been playing over hyland from the beginning, hyland hasnt impressed me
They said on C two nights ago he is out and then said he is in the squad to face them last night so I don't know.  He definitely shouldn't be suspended as he has only 1 yellow in WCQ

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »
Why de thread for the Honduras game shorter than de thread for de USA game and de Honduras game is first?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
Why de thread for the Honduras game shorter than de thread for de USA game and de Honduras game is first?
Because of all the foreign based posters.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2009, 05:28:05 PM »
CONCACAF's most expensive player coming to take on Warriors.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The most expensive player ever from CONCACAF in Europe at the moment will be arriving in Port of Spain to take on the “Soca Warriors” next Saturday at the Hasely Crawford StadiumMidfielder Wilson Palacios will arrive with the rest of the Honduras National Team later this week for the 2010 World Cup Qualifier.

Palacios was bought by English Premiership side Tottenham Hotspur for around £15m, the largest ever fee paid for a player from the North, Central American and Caribbean zone, fifa.com stated. The Central Americans have fielded at least six overseas-based players in each of their South Africa 2010 qualifying matches to date, some of them plying their trade in the most competitive leagues on the planet.

When Honduras made their first and only FIFA World Cup™ finals appearance at Spain 1982 the squad was made up entirely of players from the domestic league. And despite the Catrachos' excellent performances in Spain, surprisingly few members of the team managed to earn moves to Europe's top leagues.

For several years now David Suazo has shouldered the responsibility of leading the team. The speedy striker served notice of his abilities at a very young age, earning a move to Italian club Cagliari, where he became the cornerstone of the side and an idol to the fans.

His efforts in Sardinia did not go unnoticed by the Serie A aristocracy, with AC Milan and Inter engaging in a battle for his services. It was I Nerazzurri who eventually secured the signing of La Pantera, and after scoring eight goals in his first season with the club Suazo was loaned out to Benfica, where he is impressing once again. Suazo's success opened the door for a number of his talented compatriots, who have eagerly seized the opportunity to impress on the European stage, among them Julio Cesar Leon.

Following a brief stay in Mexico with Celaya, Rambo also made the journey to Italy, where he performed with distinction for Genoa before catching the eye at Parma. Fortunately for Honduras, their exports have been able to replicate their league form for the national team, helping the Catrachos move ever closer to realising their dream of returning to the FIFA World Cup finals again.

"There's no question that playing abroad has given Honduran players something extra," coach Reinaldo Rueda said in a recent interview. "They've got belief in their ability now and their self-confidence has increased. It's all very positive."

English club Wigan Athletic shocked their fans when they announced the signings of n Palacios and Maynor Figueroa. "Honduras?" asked incredulous Latics supporters on the club's internet forums. "Where's that? Do they play football there?" Within a few short months, those questions had been answered, with Wigan diehards all agreed that the club had invested wisely in bringing the Honduran duo to the Premier League. Palacios became a firm favourite at the JJB Stadium from the off.

His determination to win every loose ball and his distribution skills quickly made him one of the most popular players in the side, with the fans dedicating various terrace chants to him. They were not the only ones who were impressed, either, and eventually Tottenham Hotspur lured him down to London at a cost of around £15m.

This quality quartet are not the only Honduran venturers to showcase their skills in a foreign land. Striker Carlo Costly moved to Polish club GKS Belchatow before going out on loan to Birmingham City, while Victor Bernardez is trying his luck in Belgium, Walter Martinez in Spain, Amado Guevara in the USA and Canada (MLS) and Ramon Nunez in Mexico.

And provided that Suazo and Co can secure a place at South Africa 2010, it is reasonable to assume that, unlike the class of 82, more Honduran players will be given the chance to show they have the skills and the temperament to adapt to life in some of the world's toughest championships.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2009, 05:38:57 PM »
stueps.....whatever....bring it on honduras.... :bringiton: :bringiton:

:challenge: :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :whip: :whip:

GO T&T!!....       
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »
Some sad news about Palacios....

Personal life

He is the brother of Milton Palacios, Jerry Palacios, Johnny Palacios and Edwin Rene Palacios. On 30 October 2007, his 14-year-old brother (at the time) Edwin was kidnapped in La Ceiba. In November 2007, the family paid a £125,000 ransom and it was reported that the boy had been released, but this proved not to be the case and, as at January 2009, he remained in captivity.

In January 2009, Palacios' mother made a televised appeal for the kidnappers to open communication with the family, expressing her need to find out if Edwin was still alive, her fears that Palacios' big-money transfer to Tottenham would only strengthen the kidnappers' demands, and a request for help from the British authorities. She stressed that Palacios' team received the transfer fee but the player has only his salary, and that the family's situation is distressing for him.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »
CONCACAF's most expensive player coming to take on Warriors.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The most expensive player ever from CONCACAF in Europe at the moment will be arriving in Port of Spain to take on the “Soca Warriors” next Saturday at the Hasely Crawford StadiumMidfielder Wilson Palacios will arrive with the rest of the Honduras National Team later this week for the 2010 World Cup Qualifier.

???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »
I couldn't make it to COE to pay for my tickets today  :(....Does anyone know if tickets will be on sale on the day of the match??
cheers.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2009, 07:16:54 PM »
Well I get my tickets fuh de whole family today, then ah eat ah roti and ah meet Super Blue. Put yuh hands in de air... we moving doh stop. I ready fuh action next Saturday. Trinidad nice. Go Warriors! ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »
Can anyone explain the Hyland scene?

Why cant he play?
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »
Heard on C News tonight that Shaun Fuentes said that in addition to Yorke, Birchall, and Ince that Hyland is unavailable for the Honduras match.

thats good hyland out, guerra is a better player and should have been playing over hyland from the beginning, hyland hasnt impressed me

you know you are the only person who has been saying this..what game did Guerra play that has impressed you SO MUCH about him?... :D and dont take forever to answer me..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »

you know you are the only person who has been saying this..what game did Guerra play that has impressed you SO MUCH about him?... :D and dont take forever to answer me..
Meanwhile Hyland excelling in Belgium.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »
i cant make it home for this one but i will be wearing meh red, white and black for sure.  i hoping that this game is not a heart attack inducer like the majority of our matches but  i prepared for anything.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »

de man have ah exclusive satellite feed beaming to Toronto  :devil:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
I couldn't make it to COE to pay for my tickets today  :(....Does anyone know if tickets will be on sale on the day of the match??
cheers.

Yes, you should be able to get tickets the day of the game...this one isn't sold out I'm sure....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Tckets.
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »
Yesterday I wasn't able to get the tickets at the stadium, was in meeting whole day.

applied for them and got them just had to pick them up.

Now im wondering how the hell im getting tickets, they're not giving out today aswell are they?

I've been so damn busy that I really havent had time to look into anything and their information can be so bloody vague.

help, please.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tckets.
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2009, 09:57:25 AM »
Jefferz I'm sure you will be able to buy tickets the day of the game.  I doubt its sold out....you just need to go early Saturday morning...

In future you could send some one with a letter authorising them to collect the tix along with your ID in the event you can't make it...... :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »
Call the TTFF office they will tell you where and when the unsold tix from yesterday will be offered to the public again... but BrownSugar is correct, THIS game will NOT be sold out (de waggonists STILL waiting to see), so yuh should be able to buy on match-day.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »
Jefferz doh sweat it u go get in.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »

I was thinking de same thing bro 8)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2009, 04:46:14 PM »

I was thinking de same thing bro 8)
People obsessed with the good ole USA.  ;D  Ah hope the players dont act like fans, before Honduras sneak up and poung 4 goals in they kakahole

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2009, 05:12:09 PM »
i might get a free pass  :angel:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
i know i good, but i was supposed tuh buy fuh de whole fam.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2009, 06:54:32 PM »
u in some shit there :devil: lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:20 PM »
i know i good, but i was supposed tuh buy fuh de whole fam.

Is how much people so??....I still feel yuh eh have nutten to worry about....dis game not sold out....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2009, 07:13:48 PM »

What is the benefit of closing off sales the week before the match and only doing it on game day?
Scalpers?  Logistics?  No overselling?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »

What is the benefit of closing off sales the week before the match and only doing it on game day?

You not really expecting we on dis here forum to explain why de TTFF does things the way they do??  Just be grateful we don't have to sleep in front de stadium any more....just say amen...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

You not really expecting we on dis here forum to explain why de TTFF does things the way they do??  Just be grateful we don't have to sleep in front de stadium any more....just say amen...

if de TTFF was bringing Michael Jackson trinidad or tobago we might have to sleep outside for weeks. :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »
I don't know if anyone saw the Wigan vs Hull highlights from yesterday but someone should alert Maturana to Figueroa's long throw ability so he can prepare against it.
Here is Wigan's goal off of the throw
http://sharebee.com/cac500c0

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
thanks brownsugar.