March 29, 2024, 04:09:53 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188851 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #1290 on: April 01, 2009, 08:31:16 PM »
some thing still leave alot puzzled bout this game...why did Leon start over Hyland??...only men i hear in my life vouching for Leon strongly were TI and Touches....if Hyland had started then the option to take out Birchie would have never been an idea....and we could have used that subtitution to bring on Latapy....and I have to admit oo, and join teh club that says Akile is not ready for national team football...its right to blame him for the first goal and he did not look like a confident player for most of the game...

Why allyuh keep asking for Latapy to come on on this match breds.  Yuh ent see the pace that game was playing at ?
Yuh ent see how them Americans tackling and cleaning up anything in the middle of the field.  Latas is mih boy, but this was not a game for him today.  We mighta get the occasional penetrative pass, but is if them forwards woulda be able to convert and from what I see tonight, I ent think it woulda make a difference.

As i expected one poster will miss the point...what i said above will give an easier opening to  have a Latapy subtitution as an option...I am not begging for him..and i dont have any problems with any poster pleading for Latas to play ..caus ehe is still one of the better players on the team regardless of his age..he is part of the team so he can be called upon like any other player...if we going to cry how he told old and we should not depend on him like any other of the better players on the team then why is he part of the team?  

Tactically it might not have been a good move for him...based on your argument the coach coulda bring on Jan Williams too because he is a player on the team, but tactically it would not have made sense in this game.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:45 PM »
Hon up 2nil. Looks like we will be in last place after tonight.  >:(

We deserve last place right now seem like everybody playing with more heart than us at the moment...
But its only 3 games played so better now than later... just hope after 10 games we in the top 3 for now am gonna keep the faith and say we can do it... Just really hope they consider some other players for our squad. (Andrews, Samuel, Roberts, Avery and a RB James)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:40:19 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 01, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
some thing still leave alot puzzled bout this game...why did Leon start over Hyland??...only men i hear in my life vouching for Leon strongly were TI and Touches....if Hyland had started then the option to take out Birchie would have never been an idea....and we could have used that subtitution to bring on Latapy....and I have to admit oo, and join teh club that says Akile is not ready for national team football...its right to blame him for the first goal and he did not look like a confident player for most of the game...

Why allyuh keep asking for Latapy to come on on this match breds.  Yuh ent see the pace that game was playing at ?
Yuh ent see how them Americans tackling and cleaning up anything in the middle of the field.  Latas is mih boy, but this was not a game for him today.  We mighta get the occasional penetrative pass, but is if them forwards woulda be able to convert and from what I see tonight, I ent think it woulda make a difference.

As i expected one poster will miss the point...what i said above will give an easier opening to  have a Latapy subtitution as an option...I am not begging for him..and i dont have any problems with any poster pleading for Latas to play ..caus ehe is still one of the better players on the team regardless of his age..he is part of the team so he can be called upon like any other player...if we going to cry how he told old and we should not depend on him like any other of the better players on the team then why is he part of the team?  

Tactically it might not have been a good move for him...based on your argument the coach coulda bring on Jan Williams too because he is a player on the team, but tactically it would not have made sense in this game.

Did you read my first post that you quoted....tactically it would seem so because the selection in the beginning was f**ked up..so of course tactically it would seem so..like i said if Hyland had started with Birchall then there would not be a n optionfor a Birchall substitution hence providing a Latapy substitution as an option...and plremeber player selection also have an affect on the game..

still dont see why Leon is being persistently selected to start...only Touches and TI are de only men who I ever hear in my life vouching fuh dem players to start
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:35:46 PM by Sando prince »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 01, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »
Men saying we not good enough. That is not what I see. If we played with more heart I think we would have been more in this game. After so many times subbing Birchie and then seeing the midfield become Swiss Cheeses Maturan/ Latas ain't get the memo. The diff between this team and 06 was heart dread. Then men lie down early.

We have to be honest, the USA is better than us so winning in the US will always be a longshot for us.  I wish it was not so but it is the truth.

My issue is not with teh US winning..te issue is how TnT performed..with no, heart, no passion and not much chemistry..i will accept a defeat knowing my team give it all, but am not accepting what I saw against honduras and what I saw tonight

I agree with u 100% because from watching the game and other games it does not look like we have any heart and passion.  Representing your country is a big honour.  But it just might be the case that our players are giving their best but they are not good enough and we as fans have expectations that are too high hence they look like they have no passion.

No pardner..if you wnat to believe thats our best then go brave...i have seen us do better.....this dismal display is becasue of alot of factors..like coaching, no passsion, no heart, lack of team chemistry...and i could go on and on..

yes in the past we have played better than today but against who.  When was the last time we played well against opposition better than us?

wait so you dont consider Mexico better opposition than us??..you have neever seen T&T teams played better games against Mexico than our recent games against the US??

in the last 4 years, i can only recall 3 really good performaces against betetr opposition, the home game against mexico in the last hex, the first two WC games.

I can push it and count the game against the US C team.

how many teams in Concacaf you will admit are better opposition than T&T??....only US and Mex..?

USA, Mexico and Costa Rica definitely.

I would like to think we better than el salvador, honduras, panama, canada but that might be the trini in me talking.

And we definitely did not play good against honduras and el salvador.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 01, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
I reallly want to see Roberts in the team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
Y is a letter with a very longggggggggg tail.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »
we started de 2nd half good yuh know.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 01, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »

Did you read my first post that you quoted....tactically it would seem so because the selection in the beginning was f**ked up..so of course tactically it would seem so..like i said if Hyland had started with Birchall then there would not be a n optionfor a Birchall substitution hence providing a Latapy substitution as an option...and plremeber player selection also have an affect on the game..

still dont see why Leon is being persistently selected to start...only Touches and TI are de only men who I ever hear in my life vouching fuh dem players to start

Point taken
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »
we started de 2nd half good yuh know.

I think that if we play the other games with the same intensity with which we play the second half we go beat people.

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: jokerwarriors.com
« Reply #1299 on: April 01, 2009, 08:39:10 PM »
for all the ppl who have nothing positive to say about MY side win, lose or draw - especially suring the game, please give up your membership & join www.jokerwarriors.com

i'll get it started just to get rid of you guys - pleeeeeeeeeeeeez go away - time for fair weather ppl is over.

all the best to you all

we supposed to support mediocrity...lemme guess ur a Arsenal supporter

is not a matter of supporting mediocrity dread. is the same thing right through with folks. everybody is a shithong - we aint good at all. well doh bother nah dread. go and back manu & dem and llow soca warriors.

after that performance uh think that statement not valid...inter mural sides play with more intensity than that...I mentioned Arsenal because for all the "beautiful football" they play they will never win another premier league trophy under Wenger (is 4 or 5 years without silverware)..unacceptable for a club with the potential they have...the same with T&T ..unacceptable...bet uh bottom dollar heads gonna roll in that Argentina side after they licks they get..and that's how we should be with our football..no excuses

yeah we should fire ppl left right and centre. coaches lining up to come to trinidad

PS i do think maturana suspect. i just dont agree with berating my players on this board during the entire game.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 01, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Football nice yes,is a good thing we have somebody to blame,i just sorry for Mats,those players we have need some Salts,you all can change what you want,the Federation,JW,Mats etc etc as long as we continue to play those over the hill boys our Football have no where to go,look at that second goal a defender sell himself in the six yard box and peeps will blame Coach for that,a ball go right through a GK and peeps blaming the Coach for that,all those goals score from mistakes Tallest made.  

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 01, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »
Men saying we not good enough. That is not what I see. If we played with more heart I think we would have been more in this game. After so many times subbing Birchie and then seeing the midfield become Swiss Cheeses Maturan/ Latas ain't get the memo. The diff between this team and 06 was heart dread. Then men lie down early.

We have to be honest, the USA is better than us so winning in the US will always be a longshot for us.  I wish it was not so but it is the truth.

My issue is not with teh US winning..te issue is how TnT performed..with no, heart, no passion and not much chemistry..i will accept a defeat knowing my team give it all, but am not accepting what I saw against honduras and what I saw tonight

I agree with u 100% because from watching the game and other games it does not look like we have any heart and passion.  Representing your country is a big honour.  But it just might be the case that our players are giving their best but they are not good enough and we as fans have expectations that are too high hence they look like they have no passion.

No pardner..if you wnat to believe thats our best then go brave...i have seen us do better.....this dismal display is becasue of alot of factors..like coaching, no passsion, no heart, lack of team chemistry...and i could go on and on..

yes in the past we have played better than today but against who.  When was the last time we played well against opposition better than us?

wait so you dont consider Mexico better opposition than us??..you have neever seen T&T teams played better games against Mexico than our recent games against the US??

in the last 4 years, i can only recall 3 really good performaces against betetr opposition, the home game against mexico in the last hex, the first two WC games.

I can push it and count the game against the US C team.

how many teams in Concacaf you will admit are better opposition than T&T??....only US and Mex..?

USA, Mexico and Costa Rica definitely.

I would like to think we better than el salvador, honduras, panama, canada but that might be the trini in me talking.

And we definitely did not play good against honduras and el salvador.

you have answered your own question...like i said the issue is not about losing to the US and the US being better than TnT..its about our drop in performance..and the games you pointed out against Honduras and El Salvador is added evidence ..No people not going to accept this defeat based on the fact US better than TnT, instead we not going to accept the defeat based on our recent performances..today performance, El Salvador performance and Honduras performance...and TnT has had better performaces against CR in the past than what we displayed today against the US...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:46:45 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 01, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
We're simply not good enough...

that may be the crux of the matter right there
Kicker and Filho been saying that for years ,if it was up tp them we wouldn even try .....no offence Kicker .Any time we do bad there look like geniuses .

Doesn't take a genius man.  But doh study me I just bitter right now...I'll be right back on the bandwagon tomorrow morning- just need to sleep it off...been living and dying by T&T football for decades...that will never change- funny enough in spurts of this game I thought we played better than I've seen us play against the States in sometime....

The most hurtful thing about T&T football is that it just doesn't seem to improve.  For the longest while it's been the same level of play with the same disappointments.  

It's like if you've seen one game you've seen them all.
its been a long day  :beermug:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 01, 2009, 08:43:07 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Football nice yes,is a good thing we have somebody to blame,i just sorry for Mats,those players we have need some Salts,you all can change what you want,the Federation,JW,Mats etc etc as long as we continue to play those over the hill boys our Football have no where to go,look at that second goal a defender sell himself in the six yard box and peeps will blame Coach for that,a ball go right through a GK and peeps blaming the Coach for that,all those goals score from mistakes Tallest made.  

No of course the players have to be blamed..but a Coach who is coaching a team that is not playing to their full potential in more than one recent game HAS to shoulder alot of BLAME...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 01, 2009, 08:43:14 PM »

Coops...what the hell???  LOL Get a widescreen TV.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 01, 2009, 08:45:04 PM »

Coops...what the hell???  LOL Get a widescreen TV.

That will not help, there are none as blind as those who will not see.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1306 on: April 01, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
This man is a real effing jackass coach
he take off birchall
put on 3 forwards an attacking midfielder(Hyland), who was playing higher than the forwards
and nobody to service them.
Pure jackassness
We have no wing backs in TNT?
poor wolfe. Had a real shit game. Cyar blame him the man is a natuarl forward or attacking midfielder and Mats forcing him into a wing back.
Then bring on Makhan, who is not a wing back.
Somebody send by KFC for a Wing special nah. At least that have 3 wings.
I so effing vex.

ppl talking about wolfe under mats but beenhakker the saviour used stern at right back during games b4 not so?

Never once ,get yuh fact straight .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 01, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »
If Theobald did play, we might ah stand ah better chance

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »
If Theobald did play, we might ah stand ah better chance

of what?  collectin 6 and matching Argentina?  Steups, boy drink a beer or someting yes
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 01, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
Waiting 4 some1 to tell mi that that game was  all part ah some elaborate April fools day joke.

ah waiting
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 01, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »
Sando Prince,

I understand what u saying about drop in performance but to be honest we don't play any great kind of ball.
The big teams play great, very good, good, average, bad, and real shit at various times.  So they have 6 possibilities.

We could only play average, bad and real shit so we can't expect too much good results when we are playing better or equal opposition.  We have to hope when we play average they play bad or real shit.

Now i understand what u saying, we not even average, we at the real shit level but at the end of the day either level not good enough for success.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 01, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »
Waiting 4 some1 to tell mi that that game was  all part ah some elaborate April fools day joke.

ah waiting

APRIL FOOLS FELLAS

De real game playing tomorrow!!!!

It on the Guardian!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 01, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »
The core of the TT team plays in EPL. Some starting on their team, some riding pine and some injured. How long does Pacho get to coach them fellas. Our players just hoof most of the ball up front for Stern and KJ. Always up in the air. Our game is disjointed, not fluid. How come our EPL guys can't play as fluid as the US. Maybe they not good enough.  The guys who riding the bench, those who injured or slightly injured need to keep themselves match fit when they come to play for TT.  We have no good mid playing in Euro. I think is high time we use more local players. At least he will have more time to coach them. Right now the EPL guys ain't saying BOO!

Offline HH

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 01, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »

This is an incorrect assessment of the goals.

Our both wiong backs were totally inept. wolfe with first goal watching ...cyah even say ball watching and second hislop sell he self in a dummy.true DL went in too early but by then he was strun gout bu all the possibilities around him.

Anyone can show me a Clayton Ince highlight over the past two - three years where one of the goals didn't just roll past him or he dive over.......especially late in the game.

We didn't have the right team on the park and KJ cannot trap a ball to save he life so he on borrowed time

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 01, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
The core of the TT team plays in EPL. Some starting on their team, some riding pine and some injured. How long does Pacho get to coach them fellas. Our players just hoof most of the ball up front for Stern and KJ. Always up in the air. Our game is disjointed, not fluid. How come our EPL guys can't play as fluid as the US. Maybe they not good enough.  The guys who riding the bench, those who injured or slightly injured need to keep themselves match fit when they come to play for TT.  We have no good mid playing in Euro. I think is high time we use more local players. At least he will have more time to coach them. Right now the EPL guys ain't saying BOO!

Let me take 2 back 2 set ah games at d MLS in 08 includin d DigiCup dem fellas let Grenada beat dem and u want dem in WCQ. A coach not a goat will find a way 2 lift d foreign base games
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 01, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »

ah waiting

APRIL FOOLS FELLAS

It on the Guardian!

Right now the online Guardian have a headline saying USA win 3-0 off a Landon Donovan hat-trick...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 01, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »

ah waiting

APRIL FOOLS FELLAS

It on the Guardian!

Right now the online Guardian have a headline saying USA win 3-0 off a Landon Donovan hat-trick...

Are u  :o

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 01, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »

And who pick/select Tallest to play?  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »

And who pick/select Tallest to play?  ???

He part ah d geriatric crew but who in d adolescent crew ready 4 he spot.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 01, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
Hon up 2nil. Looks like we will be in last place after tonight.  >:(

We deserve last place right now seem like everybody playing with more heart than us at the moment...
But its only 3 games played so better now than later... just hope after 10 games we in the top 3 for now am gonna keep the faith and say we can do it... Just really hope they consider some other players for our squad. (Andrews, Samuel, Roberts, Avery and a RB James)

You honestly believe changing players for the umpteeth time will make any difference?
Some might argue that is not necessarily which players you pick and how old or young they are but more how you use them tactically in a match & how you prepare them mentally & tactically for games!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:04:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>