March 29, 2024, 01:04:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188830 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nashville!
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »
Theres no flights after the time the game would end and I have to be in school the next day as I'd be missing Wednesday  :'(

You sad cuz you missing school? lol.

It have a 5:30am flight the next morning. It bound to have nuff Trinis in the airport knocking fours.

And doh bawl yuh schedule yuh classes at 8:30 the next morning, cuz that worse than being sad over missing school.

right now my plan (if i decide to go) looking like:

fly after class on wednesday.
go hotel/motel drop off my bags
go game
possibly limin after
fly back early thursday morning
miss my morning class but hustle back for my evening class

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
Ticket prices are $20 endlines; $26 corners; $36 sidelines; $48 midfield; $70 VIP midfield; and $70 club seats. All prices do not include convenience and handling charges (which are added through Ticketmaster).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B00423DB998568E?artistid=821723&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

Tickets for the game, scheduled to start at 6:45 p.m., go on sale to the general public on Friday through Ticketmaster.

but standby for presale info

Since the stadium is 65 000 seater i'm guessing you could buy your ticket at the game....I cant see this game having more than 30 000

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 04:37:06 PM »
Theres no flights after the time the game would end and I have to be in school the next day as I'd be missing Wednesday  :'(

It have a 5:30am flight the next morning. It bound to have nuff Trinis in the airport knocking fours.

And doh bawl yuh schedule yuh classes at 8:30 the next morning, cuz that worse than being sad over missing school.
I'm not sad, my parents will be mad, they're paying for my school  :D  I might just do that 5:30 flight and sleep at the airport. 

However, lord knows I don't want to pay $150 for this trip (ticket fee included there) and see another performance like the last one in Chicago
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:39:09 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:23 PM »

I'm not sad, my parents will be mad, they're paying for my school  :D  I might just do that 5:30 flight and sleep at the airport. 

However, lord knows I don't want to pay $150 for this trip (ticket fee included there) and see another performance like the last one in Chicago

lol ... for the longest while I wanted to test out the 5 Hour Energy thing, but I hear it does taste nasty. I might just have to give in. I will be liming in the terminal, and I not walking with any bags ... straight to the game and straight back to the airport afterwards.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
Watch meh Nashville have a very good night life, with a great mix of people. Everything withing walking distance, the airport is 2 miles from the field and the scenery real nice. You could have a big time in Nashville.

From the ATL you could be in Nashville in 4 1/2 hours or less if you driving. Just take I75 N to I24 W straight into Nashville. I 24 runs right past the Staduim. You don't need to rent a car if you fly in cause there are buses or taxi you can hop to get there in less than 10 mins.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »
You don't need to rent a car if you fly in cause there are buses or taxi you can hop to get there in less than 10 mins.

niiice!!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2009, 06:45:40 PM »
It's only 7 hrs driving from my neck of the woods.  All you New Yorkers SOL though ;D

Well yes...now watch my happy self reach nashville ... wonder if direct flight  outta albany?

answer my own question look thing self ....
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Flight: 1 Round-Trip TicketWed, Apr 1, 2009Albany International Airport (ALB) to  Nashville (BNA) Depart: 12:35pm

Arrive: 02:42pm
Albany, NY (ALB) to
Detroit, MI (DTW)
 Delta Air Lines
Flight 3118 operated by PINNACLE DBA NORTHWEST AIRLINK (on Canadair Regional Jet)
Adult fare rules

1 Stop – change planes in Detroit, MI (DTW)
Connection Time: 52 mins
Depart: 03:34pm

Arrive: 04:14pm
Detroit, MI (DTW) to
Nashville, TN (BNA)
 Delta Air Lines
Flight 3428 operated by Northwest Airlines (on Embraer EMB 175 Jet)
Adult fare rules

Total Travel Time: 4 hrs 39 mins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, Apr 2, 2009Nashville (BNA) to  Albany International Airport (ALB) Depart: 06:48am

Arrive: 09:33am
Nashville, TN (BNA) to
Detroit, MI (DTW)
 Delta Air Lines
Flight 3340 operated by Northwest Airlines (on Embraer EMB 175 Jet)
Adult fare rules

1 Stop – change planes in Detroit, MI (DTW)
Connection Time: 43 mins
Depart: 10:16am

Arrive: 11:55am
Detroit, MI (DTW) to
Albany, NY (ALB)
 Delta Air Lines
Flight 3462 operated by PINNACLE DBA NORTHWEST AIRLINK (on Canadair Regional Jet)
Adult fare rules

Total Travel Time: 4 hrs 7 mins
Review the price
(All prices are in US dollars.)

1 Adult: $146.98     
Taxes & Fees: $57.41     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total payment due:  $204.39 * 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:08:04 PM by verycute1 »
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
From NYC,, Direct flights to Nashville is bout 600..(More than I paying to go Trini for carnival)

Flights to ATL is bout 169.. I feel I could jam that.. then take a 4 hr drive with some bredrin who living down dey...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
I will happily take the 1 stop flight both ways.... where me credit card???? The mister in a good mood, he say he fed up hear me beyotch over the past 3 days about not getting to see the El Sal game cause nobody here carrying it so do something good for myself and take my happy self to nashville and have a good time....
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2009, 07:11:57 PM »
I calling some Travel Agents 2moro... AA.com had a flight for 612usd from tnt to miami to tennessee

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »
From NYC,, Direct flights to Nashville is bout 600..(More than I paying to go Trini for carnival)

Flights to ATL is bout 169.. I feel I could jam that.. then take a 4 hr drive with some bredrin who living down dey...

check kayak for a good deal.
If you still can't find anything, try to fly out of Newark. There's an airport in West Chester as well.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »
Here is the presale password. But like small mag said, I doubt it will sell out, and you could save the ticketmaster fees by just going to the box office once your reach.

But for those you have to make sure they're set:

Get Your Tickets First!

NASHVILLE'S LP FIELD TO HOST U.S.-TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFIER ON APRIL 1

U.S. Men's National Team Returns to Tennessee for the Second Time;
Exclusive One-Day Sale for Select Fans Begins
This Wednesday (February 4) at 10 a.m. CT

FIFA World Cup qualifying will go to Nashville, Tenn., for the first time as the U.S. Men's National Team will face Trinidad & Tobago at LP Field on April 1 at 6:45 p.m. CT in the second of five home qualifiers on the road to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

"We are very excited to be playing such an important World Cup qualifying match in Nashville," said U.S. Men's National Team head coach Bob Bradley. "We have had very good experiences there, both in 2006 before the World Cup and during qualifying for the 2008 Olympic Games. LP Field is an excellent facility, and we look forward to tremendous support from the fans."

The match will be the third for a full U.S. National Team in Nashville. In 2004, the U.S. Women’s National Team beat Canada 1-0 in a preparation match before the 2004 Olympic Games. Two years later, the U.S. Men’s National Team faced Morocco on May 23, 2006, prior to the FIFA World Cup in front of an enthusiastic crowd of 26,141 fans.

As a special benefit to our fans, U.S. Soccer has arranged for you to order tickets ahead of the general public for this historic FIFA World Cup Qualifier.

Your one-day private sale starts this Wednesday (February 4) at 10 a.m. CT and ends late Wednesday night (technically Thursday, February 5, at 2 a.m. CT).

This private sale is only available online at: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B00423DB998568E

To participate, please select which group you would like to sit with and enter the corresponding password in the space designated on the Ticketmaster.com order page. Note that the password must be entered in UPPER CASE to take advantage of this special offer.

* General U.S. Fan Sections: K4FIRST
    * Trinidad & Tobago Supporters' Sections: R4FIRST

All prices do not include convenience and handling charges (which are added through Ticketmaster).

U.S. Soccer welcomes you to pay with your Visa card, the preferred card of U.S. Soccer.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:38:59 PM by E-man »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2009, 07:37:33 PM »
This game is a day before my birthday

Father if you are reading this...you now know what i want for my birthday  ;)

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
anybody know how far the stadium is from the airport?
All American

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »
Elan (I think) said earlier that the stadium is a few miles from the airport and you could cab it in less that 10 mins.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »
Directions

Nashville International Airport (BNA) 

1:  Start out going SOUTH.  0.8 mi Map 

2:  Turn LEFT to take the DONELSON PIKE NORTH ramp toward I-40.  0.2 mi Map Avoid 

3:  Merge onto DONELSON PIKE/TN-255 N.  0.5 mi Map Avoid 

4:  Merge onto I-40 W via the ramp on the LEFT toward KNOXVILLE.  5.4 mi Map Avoid 

5:  Keep RIGHT to take I-24 W via EXIT 211 toward I-65 N/LOUISVILLE/CLARKSVILLE.  0.7 mi Map Avoid 

6:  Take EXIT 49 toward SHELBY AVE/L P FIELD.  0.1 mi Map Avoid 

7:  Keep LEFT at the fork to go on S 4TH ST.  0.2 mi Map Avoid 

8:  Turn LEFT onto SHELBY AVE.  0.3 mi Map Avoid 

9:  Turn RIGHT onto S 2ND ST.  0.1 mi Map Avoid 

10:  Turn LEFT onto VICTORY AVE.  0.2 mi Map Avoid 

11:  End at 1 Titans Way Nashville, TN 37213-1234    Map 

Estimated Time: 13 minutes Estimated Distance: 8.40 miles
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline BAGOSOLDIER

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
Allyuh doh sleep on Nashville, it have a large carribbean community in Nashville last year i went to their west indian  Carnival in July and about 5,000strong play mas. they also have Tennesse State University and Middle Tennesee State that have a  good population of Caribbean people then they have Carribean Hut restaurant and does turn into a club scene on the weekends (nice spot )so ah figure they migt have ah place to lime after the game feel we  would have more support than we had in Chicago..GO SOCA WARRIORS

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2009, 09:38:32 PM »
Nashville is no more redneck country than Orlando. It in the south yes but it is a big tourist destination. Plenty hotels and tourist events. As long as yuh don't scan the radio dial (plenty country music stations) it like anywhere else.

You are a crazy man or what!  Orlando aint no red neck town. Not with the tens of thousands of hispanics, jamaicans and trinis in this place.  You have to be smoking some bad grass!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 11:28:14 PM »
Allyuh doh sleep on Nashville, it have a large carribbean community in Nashville last year i went to their west indian  Carnival in July and about 5,000strong play mas. they also have Tennesse State University and Middle Tennesee State that have a  good population of Caribbean people then they have Carribean Hut restaurant and does turn into a club scene on the weekends (nice spot )so ah figure they migt have ah place to lime after the game feel we  would have more support than we had in Chicago..GO SOCA WARRIORS

Just exit the staduim walk over the bridge and yuh downtown. Nice, scenic easy walk across the bridge (Cumberland River). Hotels everything in a central location. It have hotels right across the parking lot from the Stadium.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »
Fact:
The last game the USA played in Nashville they lost 1-0 at the hands of Morroco. They had a full squad.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »
lawd faddah... 11 flippin hours from DC area to down there. Look like I have to fly geezannnnn but ah want to go... but oh shuks man

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2009, 05:32:37 AM »

Just exit the staduim walk over the bridge and yuh downtown. Nice, scenic easy walk across the bridge (Cumberland River). Hotels everything in a central location. It have hotels right across the parking lot from the Stadium.

Thanks Elan for the info Elan....ah could PM yuh if ah need more guidance on arranging mih trip??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:50 AM »
I calling some Travel Agents 2moro... AA.com had a flight for 612usd from tnt to miami to tennessee

Yeah I saw that yesterday on Travelocity....not bad....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »
Nashville is no more redneck country than Orlando. It in the south yes but it is a big tourist destination. Plenty hotels and tourist events. As long as yuh don't scan the radio dial (plenty country music stations) it like anywhere else.

You are a crazy man or what!  Orlando aint no red neck town. Not with the tens of thousands of hispanics, jamaicans and trinis in this place.  You have to be smoking some bad grass!

Wow... just wow.... davyjenny-ish
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »

Now yuh talking... I think i might make the journey to see this game- even though I'm having second thoughts thanks to the dismal showing in Chicago last year- anyone else thinking bout a road trip from Miami/South Florida?

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »
Anybody in Upstate ny planning to go??? Or am I the only trini crazy enuff to live where the snow banks in my driveway taller than me?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »
Nash-friggin-ville???
What is the logic???
Is as if ah man in d US federation decide to close he eye and throw a dart at ah friggin US map, and wayever it stick, dais way he schedule de friggin game.
Of all the stadiums, in all the states, they come up with Nash-friggin-ville.

TTFF should schedule de friggin return game on some friggin field way down Mayaro just for dat! Leh we see how Donovan and dem go like dat... how dey go perform with cow $#it and ting on the friggin field... but ah sure FIFA have some friggin rule dat go bar dat from happening.

Oh well... leh mi go an look for ah flight eh. Man say it nice dey, so ah go see.

Las time I pass thru dey, I set my friggin cruise control 1 mile below d speed limit and make sure I eh cross no white line, or follow nobody too close, until I cross d friggin state line, because dem 4kin state troopers use all dem bull$hit excuses to pull man over and subject dem to all kinda humiliating $hit.

Or, but man say yuh could fly in and ride bus and walk, so let mi go look a flight hear sah...  
Toujour Pret!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2009, 12:44:47 PM »
^^
lol

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

Thanks Elan for the info Elan....ah could PM yuh if ah need more guidance on arranging mih trip??

Yeah no probs.

1]; } ?>