March 28, 2024, 07:27:20 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188809 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »
Guys and Gals, it most likely will be true that you can buy your ticket at the gate. However, there are a few youth soccer club around the nashville area that will buy up the sidelines. Plus clubs from AL normally drive up for games. So keep this in mind when thinking about the timing to buy your ticket.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2009, 02:01:51 PM »

TTFF should schedule de friggin return game on some friggin field way down Mayaro just for dat! Leh we see how Donovan and dem go like dat... how dey go perform with cow $#it and ting on the friggin field... but ah sure FIFA have some friggin rule dat go bar dat from happening.

Settle down, pardner! The stadium and facilities are top notch, easily better than anything you'd find in T&T.

And I can guarantee you that it will be 100% cow sh!t free!  ;D
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »

TTFF should schedule de friggin return game on some friggin field way down Mayaro just for dat! Leh we see how Donovan and dem go like dat... how dey go perform with cow $#it and ting on the friggin field... but ah sure FIFA have some friggin rule dat go bar dat from happening.

Settle down, pardner! The stadium and facilities are top notch, easily better than anything you'd find in T&T.

And I can guarantee you that it will be 100% cow sh!t free!  ;D

You settle down my friend. You don't have to tell me that. I will never question the quality of US facilities, or the quantity for that matter. It is the MF-in inconvenience for the average T&T fan that stirs up my sentiments.

Nash-friggin-ville?

Why not somewhere in DC, MD, NY, VA, or even Connecticut like the last campaigne, you know, somewhere convenient for the average T&T supporter? They know most T&T supporters are located on the East Coast. They know that it is a bitch having to fly to Tennessee from Trinidad. They know all the $hit (true or not) that we hear about Tennesse and places like that. They know that we're not boldly inclined to venture into certain places. Not that we faint hearted, but some of us on here are old enough to remember Roots and Mandingo and other such movies. Nah-mean??? LOL

So I ask again... Nash-friggin-ville???

But like I said, I done check for my flight. Dey coulda schedule dat friggin game in Alaska, Slates was still goin. Look man, when the day come, that they schedule Soca Warrior WCQ on the friggin MOON, I bet you will see a Red, White & Black flag on that bitch and you bound to hear ah iron (even it if out-a-time like dem dey had in Chicago) licking in the croud, becuz we is Trinis and dat is what we do. But we reserve the right to get a little unsettled! K pardnah?  :beermug:
Toujour Pret!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
Doh worry Slates....I know is Zeppo suggest this stadium to he soccer body :devil: but doh worry no matter where they play the game it will still be

LLLLIIIIIIIICCCCKKKKSSSS!!!!.....
:whip: :whip:  :whip::flamethrower: :flamethrower: :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower:
 ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »

Why not somewhere in DC, MD, NY, VA, or even Connecticut like the last campaigne, you know, somewhere convenient for the average T&T supporter? They know most T&T supporters are located on the East Coast. They know that it is a bitch having to fly to Tennessee from Trinidad.

I'm not trying to sound offensive here, but when the U.S.S.F. chose the venue I really don't think that making things "convenient for the average T&T supporter" was one of their top priorities. NY, DC, LA and the other big coastal cities get more than their share of games, so what's wrong with hitting one of the more non-traditional cities every now and then? It also does well to promote the sport in those kinds of places, which the USSF likes, too.

And aren't there quite a few Trinis in Atlanta? It won't be that far of a trek for them at all.

They know all the $hit (true or not) that we hear about Tennesse and places like that. They know that we're not boldly inclined to venture into certain places. Not that we faint hearted, but some of us on here are old enough to remember Roots and Mandingo and other such movies. Nah-mean??? LOL

Just wear a cowboy hat and you'll fit in just fine! Hell, wear a red, black and white one and you can kill two birds with one stone!  ;D
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »
Hear nah... trinis is real trouble oui...

slates vex they put DEY HOME GAME, where DEY WANT to put it oui... because is ah inconvenience to he as ah AWAY SUPPORTER!!

well yes  :rotfl: trini to de bone!!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
Slates what yuh talking about this.... Jackson, TN    :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »
One of the cooler bars in Nashville. McFadden's

Another decent one Graham Central Station

Wildhorse Saloon

Fuel

List

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

slates vex they put DEY HOME GAME, where DEY WANT to put it oui... because is ah inconvenience to he as ah AWAY SUPPORTER!!

For real.

I mean, if anything we would try to minimize the presence of away support. Why do you think we play Mexico in Ohio rather than California or Texas? I don't see why that's so hard to grasp.
- Xavi

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

For real.

I mean, if anything we would try to minimize the presence of away support. Why do you think we play Mexico in Ohio rather than California or Texas? I don't see why that's so hard to grasp.

Hush yuh cawnt... allyuh inconveniencing people!!

:rotfl:

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »

well yes  :rotfl: trini to de bone!!!!

I look at it as a learning experience, seeing the rest of the land so to speak cause you know I ent going to nashville any other time :) plus once i could take a plane/train/bus/car ... I reach.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2009, 09:00:36 PM »

For real.

Zeppo dont take on these clowns

I expected the clash to be far away from plenty Caribbean immigrants.... As you said...they key is to let USA have USA Fans ..not opposition fans

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »

For real.

Zeppo dont take on these clowns

I expected the clash to be far away from plenty Caribbean immigrants.... As you said...they key is to let USA have USA Fans ..not opposition fans

You will be suprise how easily you get a 3-5000 supporters. ATL = 4Hrs. Birmingham, AL 31/2 Hrs Chicago6 Hrs, Toronto 8 .
It have plenty Trini and other Caribbean students attending college in and around Nashville.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

You will be suprise how easily you get a 3-5000 supporters. ATL = 4Hrs. Birmingham, AL 31/2 Hrs Chicago6 Hrs, Toronto 8 .
It have plenty Trini and other Caribbean students attending college in and around Nashville.
I checked it, more like 7 and a half hour drive from Chicago  :(

I don't own a car, and round trip gas prices would probably end up being more than airfare.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:19:55 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2009, 10:33:08 PM »

I checked it, more like 7 and a half hour drive from Chicago  :(

I don't own a car, and round trip gas prices would probably end up being more than airfare.

but airfare still reasonable from chicago

Flight: 1 Round-Trip TicketWed, Apr 1, 2009Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) to  Nashville (BNA) Depart: 03:20pm

Arrive: 04:45pm
Chicago, IL (ORD) to
Nashville, TN (BNA)
 American Airlines
Flight 4471 operated by AMERICAN EAGLE (on CRJ-700 CANADAIR REGIONAL)
Adult fare rules

Total Travel Time: 1 hr 25 mins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, Apr 2, 2009Nashville (BNA) to  Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) Depart: 06:00am

Arrive: 07:43am
Nashville, TN (BNA) to
Chicago, IL (ORD)
 United
Flight 6664 operated by UNITED EXPRESS/SKYWEST AIRLINES (on CRJ-700 CANADAIR REGIONAL)
Adult fare rules

Total Travel Time: 1 hr 43 mins
Travel Protection
Protect Yourself and Your Trip
Select an option before you continue.

Yes! I want to purchase Flight Protection for only $19.95 per person.
(Available to U.S. residents only)
 No, thanks. I prefer to decline the Travel Protection Plan.
The Travel Protection Plan includes:

Trip Cancellation or Interruption: reimbursement up to the total cost of your air ticket for covered reasons
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Baggage up to $250
24/7 Worldwide Emergency Assistance
Please see the Description of Coverage for further information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Review the price
(All prices are in US dollars.)

1 Adult: $91.16     
Taxes & Fees: $33.53     

Total payment due:  $124.69 * 

* Please remember that prices are not guaranteed until flights are ticketed.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »
My sis and she crew from Maryland go represent no GC so dat is dey chance 2 c d boys.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
Vacation approved!!...Nashville here I come!!... :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:37 AM »

For real.

Yuh know, this is a Soca Warrior forum. Is it then surprising that some on here would express sentiments that are biased towards the Soca Warriors and Soca Warrior fans? I mean, is not like if I wrote a formal complaint to the USSF. I express my disappointment on a forum. So Mr. Zeppo, I am not trying to sound offensive here either, but f*ck-away with you and the horse you rode in on.

Zeppo think I have difficulty grasping shit? I have the opposing thumb too yuh know pardnah... and a good enough head on my shoulder, so I could grasp with the best ah dem.

I goin to Nashville, just like I've gone to Chicago and damn near everywhere else they've scheduled them games. Hell, I even go see US/Mexico... when is not too much of an inconvenience... and almost get my ass in ah fight at the last game in Houston because Pecos, Anotnio and Juan, with they Mexican flag draped all over dey ass, all assumed that I was American. I don't know, maybe it was because my wife, with she friggin Donovan shirt, couldn't "settle down" when Altidore scored. I dey trying to tell she dat although we in Houston, we really in Mexico, so she might want to temper the celebrating. But nah, she dey carrying on and I nearly have to put my Trini foot up 3 Mexcain asses because an American score ah friggin goal. LOL

So like FF say, Trinis is real trouble oui.

Zeppo, leave me alone pardnah... let me bitch and gripe if I want. OK?
Toujour Pret!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2009, 08:19:38 AM »
Which NY/NJ massive tinkin ah makin de turn?  Big Dawg, Strip, FF, Tenorsaw, Trinbago, Kicker, Filho ah eh hearin all yuh? 
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »
Which NY/NJ massive tinkin ah makin de turn?  Big Dawg, Strip, FF, Tenorsaw, Trinbago, Kicker, Filho ah eh hearin all yuh? 

I looking to go but this April 1st monthend business is therapy for me...

ah studying how to swing it....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2009, 11:47:06 AM »
Right, flights booked!!....  :wavetowel: :cheers:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »

Yuh know, this is a Soca Warrior forum. Is it then surprising that some on here would express sentiments that are biased towards the Soca Warriors and Soca Warrior fans? I mean, is not like if I wrote a formal complaint to the USSF. I express my disappointment on a forum. So Mr. Zeppo, I am not trying to sound offensive here either, but f*ck-away with you and the horse you rode in on.

Zeppo think I have difficulty grasping shit? I have the opposing thumb too yuh know pardnah... and a good enough head on my shoulder, so I could grasp with the best ah dem.

I goin to Nashville, just like I've gone to Chicago and damn near everywhere else they've scheduled them games. Hell, I even go see US/Mexico... when is not too much of an inconvenience... and almost get my ass in ah fight at the last game in Houston because Pecos, Anotnio and Juan, with they Mexican flag draped all over dey ass, all assumed that I was American. I don't know, maybe it was because my wife, with she friggin Donovan shirt, couldn't "settle down" when Altidore scored. I dey trying to tell she dat although we in Houston, we really in Mexico, so she might want to temper the celebrating. But nah, she dey carrying on and I nearly have to put my Trini foot up 3 Mexcain asses because an American score ah friggin goal. LOL

So like FF say, Trinis is real trouble oui.

Zeppo, leave me alone pardnah... let me bitch and gripe if I want. OK?

Well I certainly don't want to stand in the way of your bitching and griping session. Knock yourself out. And to hell with logic!  ;D

By they way, that's a great story about your wife at the Mexico game! So what are things going to be like on April 1st? Will it be a "house divided"?

- Xavi

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2009, 01:38:58 PM »
Ah think i would take ah trip to Nash for 2 days..Would have to check flights from JFK later....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »

i wanna make that run but meh breddren dem bending on the midweek run..

imagine i hadda listen to man lecturing me about the necessity of being an exemplary worker in these harsh economic times.. lol

wha kinda price flights to quitoh quitoh going for?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2009, 02:26:37 PM »

Yeah, we guh ha to caucus, therapy on my end too but for a different reason.

Omar, Orbitz now quoting a 230 RT between JFK and Nash leaving late on Tues and returnin early on Wed, so doable.  If there is enough interest we could start a sub-thread for the Tri-State massive, USSF eh play dey boldface nah, makin we travel all de way to Nashville fuh football steups  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2009, 02:54:10 PM »
de atl crew will be tailgating and d whole 9 yards!!!! look out for de bus!!!!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »

Omar, Orbitz now quoting a 230 RT between JFK and Nash leaving late on Tues and returnin early on Wed, so doable.  If there is enough interest we could start a sub-thread for the Tri-State massive, USSF eh play dey boldface nah, makin we travel all de way to Nashville fuh football steups  :devil:

Please note that April 1st is a Wednesday and the game starts @ 6.45pm CST/5.45 EST.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

Please note that April 1st is a Wednesday and the game starts @ 6.45pm CST/5.45 EST.

lol... barataria like he figure i going nashville fuh sightseeing.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »
lol, dais a typo, too busy here, I meant returnin early on Thursday, all else applies

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
. I thinkin ah making the trip to Atlanta..meeting ah paddner then make the trek...if we could come up with ah group package something ..
at could swing too..pm men if alyuh come up with anything.. :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

1]; } ?>