March 28, 2024, 01:28:12 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188779 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »
Problem is since Wednesday I watching flights and they going fast. From my area now the arrival flights I looking at getting in at around 4;30 pm and I just thinking that if I get delayed any where, I not getting there in time for the game. The connecting flights that get me in around 1pm selling out fast.

Soooo what u waiting for to book yuh flight??.... :-\

I ent habe nobuddy to go with..and I keep waiting to see if any other flights open up.. most people in this dinky ass town dont even know where NYC is far alone Trinidad  :frustrated:

Trying to bribe my sis... but she not a big sports fan, and the hubby dont understand soccer. But have no fear, I will book, but I think I will stay at the Ramada outside the stadium.  Just more convenient especially if I get in at 4:30 to cab it over to the hotel, check in quick and then just run accross. I have my flag ready, I have a hat, just need to find my TSHIRT.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »
Hear nah... trinis is real trouble oui...

slates vex they put DEY HOME GAME, where DEY WANT to put it oui... because is ah inconvenience to he as ah AWAY SUPPORTER!!

For real.

I mean, if anything we would try to minimize the presence of away support. Why do you think we play Mexico in Ohio rather than California or Texas? I don't see why that's so hard to grasp.

Zeppo dont take on these clowns

I expected the clash to be far away from plenty Caribbean immigrants.... As you said...they key is to let USA have USA Fans ..not opposition fans

Slates eh no clown... and he far from being serious... everything he posted was tongue in cheek.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
allyuh go ahead posting allyuh business on the internet.

Is jess a matter of time before one ah allyuh post credit card information, blood type and social security #.

Besides, yuh will see after the match - one setta men standing up outside the hotel lobby looking for red shirts.

"Eh fren .... ent you on SW.net? Lemme stay in yuh room nah. All I need is ah corner an ah snuggie".

Lol  :rotfl: :rotfl:

-------

EDIT:

Well I won't be making it, but somebody should look into a group rate at the Ramada since it seems to have enough people from the forum going... Elan?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:30:57 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2009, 04:03:42 PM »
Hear nah... trinis is real trouble oui...

slates vex they put DEY HOME GAME, where DEY WANT to put it oui... because is ah inconvenience to he as ah AWAY SUPPORTER!!

For real.

I mean, if anything we would try to minimize the presence of away support. Why do you think we play Mexico in Ohio rather than California or Texas? I don't see why that's so hard to grasp.

Zeppo dont take on these clowns

I expected the clash to be far away from plenty Caribbean immigrants.... As you said...they key is to let USA have USA Fans ..not opposition fans

Slates eh no clown... and he far from being serious... everything he posted was tongue in cheek.
Zeppo is ah wannabe kakahole, fack he!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nashville!
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »
LP field in Nashville is 15 minutes from my house....I will be there most present.   :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ah ha, you is de man ah looking for!
dat Knights Inn hotel in nashville, do you know if dais one ah dem hotel dat does have year round residents and does deal wid salvation army to put up homeless families/people....and ah asking dat because it real cheap!
if yuh could help wid dis i will appreciate it greatly!

p.s i hope ah make sense, if yuh could help great, if not, no worries.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »
Zeppo is ah wannabe kakahole, fack he!!

I think yuh mis-reading Zeppo man, he throwing picong in he own way... only his tinged with ah bit more arrogance dan usual... doh study it.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
LP field in Nashville is 15 minutes from my house....I will be there most present.   :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

dat Knights Inn hotel in nashville, do you know if dais one ah dem hotel dat does have year round residents and does deal wid salvation army to put up homeless families/people....and ah asking dat because it real cheap!

Fyzo, I was looking at Knights Hotel at the beginning then I read a review where the person said it in the "wrong" part of town and while they were there, the popo was called to the hotel 2x for different reasons. So I looked into the Ramada which got mixed reviews, but the most common complaint seemed to be it need a re-model. Faded paint etc. Everyone who stayed there specifically for going to the LP field didnt have a problem. People who stayed there for vacation like more that 2 nights didnt like it.  ???Someone complained room service didnt give her extra towels. But I figure, I does walk with my own anyway, so. go figure.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »

Fyzo, I was looking at Knights Hotel at the beginning then I read a review where the person said it in the "wrong" part of town and while they were there, the popo was called to the hotel 2x for different reasons. So I looked into the Ramada which got mixed reviews, but the most common complaint seemed to be it need a re-model. Faded paint etc. Everyone who stayed there specifically for going to the LP field didnt have a problem. People who stayed there for vacation like more that 2 nights didnt like it.  ???Someone complained room service didnt give her extra towels. But I figure, I does walk with my own anyway, so. go figure.

de 'wrong' part of town eh? dat would explain de low price....de Ramada it is then, thanks for the de response.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »
No problem Fyzo. I keep looking out for more reviews to see if anybody else talk about Knights and have something positive to say, but I have yet to find one. Elan, any chance of doing a drive by and getting a visual lol??

by the time this game come round, ramada go be full a trinis lol. Better tell them paint the hotel red :)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »
My choice of hotel was either the Ramada Inn or the Holiday Inn Express....I'm going to take a look again at the hotels....

And as somebody mentioned if we could get a group rate, great!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2009, 02:01:48 PM »
Ok so my choices are now down to
Comfort Inn, Days Inn and Ramada Inn...

Comfort Inn got the best reviews but is a little further away from the Stadium than the other 2 (7 mins by car/30 mins by foot)

The major complaint about Days Inn was that the rooms were dirty, while the Ramada Inn needed updating....
the plus for both is that they are both literally on the Stadium's front door....

So I'm leaning towards the Ramada Inn....I'll need to find an activity to occupy me on 31st March....I'll probably just stumble around the city and explore a little....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:18 PM »

Comfort Inn got the best reviews but is a little further away from the Stadium than the other 2 (7 mins by car/30 mins by foot)

The major complaint about Days Inn was that the rooms were dirty, while the Ramada Inn needed updating....
the plus for both is that they are both literally on the Stadium's front door....

So I'm leaning towards the Ramada Inn....I'll need to find an activity to occupy me on 31st March....I'll probably just stumble around the city and explore a little....

You getting in the day before then? 

I decided on Ramada. You will know me if you end up there too. I will be the one holding the big T&T flag lol.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
Initially i looked at he Ramada buy ah think ah might end up at the Marriot... still less than a mie from LP field ...

The old chinee man say "cheap ting no good and good ting no cheap" .... buh we go see

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »

I decided on Ramada. You will know me if you end up there too. I will be the one holding the big T&T flag lol.
Yeah I'm arriving on the night of March 30th.  I think I'll go ahead and book the Ramada Inn later when I get home....what about game tickets?  Did you purchase that already?  It would be nice to sit as close as possible....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »

Yeah I'm arriving on the night of March 30th.  I think I'll go ahead and book the Ramada Inn later when I get home....what about game tickets?  Did you purchase that already?  It would be nice to sit as close as possible....

Didnt buy them yet, I was waiting to see where everybody else sitting... what section and seats you looking at? And more importantly... you bringing in the Vat19? lol

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »

Didnt buy them yet, I was waiting to see where everybody else sitting... what section and seats you looking at? And more importantly... you bringing in the Vat19? lol
I liked the section that you had posted earlier.....I was looking at getting the tix for $48 or $36....not really sure what the difference is though as opposed to the ones for $70....but yeah I'll wait to see which seats T&T supporters are getting...
But I think some one posted earlier that we shouldn't wait too long because some schools or clubs in the area might buy up all the good seats on the sidelines... :-\

As for the rum, in the words of the great Sarah Palin....you betcha!!....  ;) :D ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
 :beermug:

My boss called a while ago. Asked me if I could take on some extra work for a coworker who will be out for the next two weeks.  I say sure no problemo. He gimmie the whole, "really appreciate this, last minute notice blah blah. speech" I say "No worries, but April 1&2 I ent workin and I not using vacation/sick days/floating holidays. I just not working them two days." I tell him not to worry, I'll still have a 40 hour work week that week anyhow. He say what going on ? I say I going to Nashville to see USA v T&T WCQ. Boss man born and bred american. He say which side you supporting? I say you ever hear of the USA Soccer team? He say no. I say then you shoudnt have to ask.  :rotfl: Unofficial vacation time approved, have a nice time thank you very much.  :rotfl: :beermug: :rotfl: ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:26:09 PM by verycute1 »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2009, 06:02:50 AM »
Yuh see why I cyar like dem Americans and dey side....dem gettting to go World Cup every damn 4 years but dey country men couldn't give ah damn......me on de other hand goh give anything to have TnT in de WC every 4 years....but doh worry....come April 1st ah feel dey goh get a good April fool's prank played on dey yankee tail...

IS LIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKSSSS!!!!..... :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :whip:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
I now coming to see who book they flights to watch tonite game on the big screen in Nashville.
Allyuh eh flyin in fuh dat?
lol.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:18 PM »
So........... we decide where we sitting??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »
I suggest we sit in sections 114 and 115 which costs about $36.00, or 112 and 113 if yuh want tuh spend more ($48.00). When using Ticketmaster, specify the following search criteria to get sections 114 and/or 115:

Section: 100 (LOWER LEVEL) ROWS A-Z THEN AA-LL
Additional: EAST SIDE
Tickets in Trinidad & Tobago Fan Sections Price: ($36.00)

For sections 112 and/or 113
Tickets in Trinidad & Tobago Fan Sections Price: ($48.00)

Seating Chart:

VIEWS FROM RECOMMENDED SECTIONS

Section 112

Section 113

Section 114

Section 115

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:40:32 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
Thanks Tallman...I'll be in section 114 or 115
Arimian to meh heart

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »
So it is written, so it shall be done :) See allyuh there!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Right
Flight - Checked
Hotel - Checked
Game ticket - Checked....seat 20 Row T section 114...

One thing though....the only delivery option open to me was "International Will Call"...I take it that means I can collect the ticket at the game?? 
There wasn't a whole lot of information about that particular method on the website....all they said was to bring mih the Credit Card used for the purchase and ID/Passport...... :-\
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:26:39 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2009, 06:30:32 AM »
Game ticket 1 Tickets in Trinidad & Tobago Fan Sections 114 row  U  seat 8  ;D ;D
Right behind ya lady. I will be getting into Nashville at around 2 pm and will be at the hotel shortly therafter. I most humbly request that I be met in the lobby with a rum and coke :) :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2009, 07:57:17 AM »
Game ticket 1 Tickets in Trinidad & Tobago Fan Sections 114 row  U  seat 8  ;D ;D
Right behind ya lady. I will be getting into Nashville at around 2 pm and will be at the hotel shortly therafter. I most humbly request that I be met in the lobby with a rum and coke :) :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug:

It will most likely be a Scotch and Coconut Water instead...... :beermug:  ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mr kevin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2009, 09:39:19 AM »
Peeper, now just join

Seat location: section 114, row N, seats 15-16
Staying in Ramada, 1 mile from stadium.

Looks like we will have some supporters  in 114

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2009, 10:28:46 AM »
Aye Mr. Kevin welcome  :beermug:......

I staying in the Ramada too....as well as Verycute1.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mr kevin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »

nice what sections for the game? 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »

nice what sections for the game? 

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>