March 28, 2024, 08:24:40 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188758 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
I learn meh lesson in june! i not traveling tuh watch T&T as long as mats coaching the team, even though i had to be there any way, still a wasted effort.

not tuh put a damper on things, but i believe the U.S. will damage we awfull fierce in nashville as long as pancho in charge! even though i'm hoping for a good result.

well at least come for the lime.....

Game??....mih eh know what game Just cool going on about..... :devil:
Lady yuhs ah serious alcoholic?? yuh mean tuh tell me you will travel all dem miles, put up wid dem rude X beewee flight attendants, just tuh lime and drink scotch and coconut water in klann country! :devil:

what can i say then . drink on!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
I learn meh lesson in june! i not traveling tuh watch T&T as long as mats coaching the team, even though i had to be there any way, still a wasted effort.

not tuh put a damper on things, but i believe the U.S. will damage we awfull fierce in nashville as long as pancho in charge! even though i'm hoping for a good result.

Lady yuhs ah serious alcoholic?? yuh mean tuh tell me you will travel all dem miles, put up wid dem rude X beewee flight attendants, just tuh lime and drink scotch and coconut water in klann country! :devil:

No no no, she not coming all this way just to lime and drink scotch and coconut water, she coming all this way to lime and drink coconut water with ME. And what is this BeeWee you talking bout lol? Last couple times I travel is a company called Caribbean Airlines. Some of  Them stewardesses so nice. One of them when she see that I was travelling with the kidlets alone, slip me a rum an coke cause as she say, she have three of her own, same age group and she know how it is  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2009, 03:28:31 PM »
Serious business now, what color we wearing? I know the USA have the Red option too. So let me know, Red or White?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
BooSA home colour is WHITE as far as I know... :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2009, 04:57:50 PM »
Serious business now, what color we wearing? I know the USA have the Red option too. So let me know, Red or White?

I was wondering bout that. ANy one have a link to T&T home and away shirts?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »

Big Up!

I know is Red, but when you watch the crowd at the Mexico v USA game, it had plenty USA supporters in Red, so I was wondering. Them USAians don't understand color importance apparently.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »

No no no, she not coming all this way just to lime and drink scotch and coconut water, she coming all this way to lime and drink coconut water with ME. And what is this BeeWee you talking bout lol? Last couple times I travel is a company called Caribbean Airlines. Some of  Them stewardesses so nice. One of them when she see that I was travelling with the kidlets alone, slip me a rum an coke cause as she say, she have three of her own, same age group and she know how it is  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Like yuh miss the X before the words bee wee?? and yes i'm fully aware of that company! regretably i had to used their sevices a few times!

lucky you, i never had the pleasure of being pampered like dat, but on the bright side, it was only 4 hrs long and the safety aspect took precedence over service.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2009, 12:36:03 AM »
Elan, how far is Memphis from Nashville and is there a good public transportation system between the two?

Also, for people who've booked accomodation, how much did it come up to?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2009, 05:06:49 AM »
Elan, how far is Memphis from Nashville and is there a good public transportation system between the two?

I booked at the Ramada Inn right outside the Stadium and it was $70 something per night....however since I am staying 3 nights, I got a discount and paid $60 something per night....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2009, 05:24:01 AM »

Like yuh miss the X before the words bee wee?? and yes i'm fully aware of that company! regretably i had to used their sevices a few times!

lucky you, i never had the pleasure of being pampered like dat, but on the bright side, it was only 4 hrs long and the safety aspect took precedence over service.

Yes I know that Bee Wee is now Caribbean airlines.... I was being sarcastic bout that didnt you get it??   :rotfl: :rotfl: But that stewardess was nice.

Toppa I booked a complete package with airfare at the Ramada for a total of $320. The hotel part of it was about 60 I think same as Brownsugar. I did it through travelocity. The entire package was about 280 then they add on taxes like there was no tomorrow.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »

Yes I know that Bee Wee is now Caribbean airlines.... I was being sarcastic bout that didnt you get it??   :rotfl: :rotfl: But that stewardess was nice.

Toppa I booked a complete package with airfare at the Ramada for a total of $320. The hotel part of it was about 60 I think same as Brownsugar. I did it through travelocity. The entire package was about 280 then they add on taxes like there was no tomorrow.
Nah family, please put yuh guard down. :devil: i just humoring yuh, but i eh go lie , ah thought yuh was serious. my bad.                           positive.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »

I booked at the Ramada Inn right outside the Stadium and it was $70 something per night....however since I am staying 3 nights, I got a discount and paid $60 something per night....

look out for the TWO tour buses from de ATL coming making plenty noise!!! one question though....somebody need to confirm the colours for the game...either red or white?? :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »

memphis is about a little over 3 hours from nashville. not sure if there is good transport between the two but im almost certain you can find a memphis-nashville bus running a route. its a straight shot on hwy 40. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »

Big Up!

I know is Red, but when you watch the crowd at the Mexico v USA game, it had plenty USA supporters in Red, so I was wondering. Them USAians don't understand color importance apparently.

the supporters club Sam's Army traditionally always wears red no matter what.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:24:30 AM by E-man »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2009, 11:23:18 AM »
Thanks everybody. Toppa will be there!  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »

It's a little closer to 4 hours. I don't think there is a transport system to Memphis unless you get a greyhound. You can fly into nashville rent a car for cheap "fly" down to memphis see what you have to see and be back up. Just schedule 3 days.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »

It's a little closer to 4 hours. I don't think there is a transport system to Memphis unless you get a greyhound. You can fly into nashville rent a car for cheap "fly" down to memphis see what you have to see and be back up. Just schedule 3 days.

hhhhmmmm I have nothing to do on the 31st.....ah wonder if I could find Graceland.....:thinking: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »

Yuh cyar go wrong with de Roaming Gnome... he does help me book all my trips....:beermug: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2009, 12:03:28 PM »

How much is 'cheap' for a rental? I'm coming on Wednsday and leaving Friday so I'll have time.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »

hhhhmmmm I have nothing to do on the 31st.....ah wonder if I could find Graceland.....:thinking: ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl:

But in all seriousness.... T-Shirt color, what we wearing? At this point I go find a red tshirt, I have my big flag to wave. ??? And who bringing the food???

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2009, 06:05:02 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

But in all seriousness.... T-Shirt color, what we wearing? At this point I go find a red tshirt, I have my big flag to wave. ??? And who bringing the food???

Girl at this point it easier for me to put mih hand on ah red T-shirt...daiz what I weaing....we red nicer than their red... ;D
Elan....you bringing the pelau??.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline daren795

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2009, 08:36:42 PM »
Hey for all that's interested they have Trinidad Home Jersey selling on adidas.com, click on apparal  type trinidad in search. I just ordered mine.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »
Ticket come in the mail yesterday  ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »

:beermug:
Girl I need to find the ticket info I printed out...I apparently have to pick up mine at the stadium either in the days leading up to the game or on game day....ah need to re-read de email dey sent to me...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »

:beermug:
Girl I need to find the ticket info I printed out...I apparently have to pick up mine at the stadium either in the days leading up to the game or on game day....ah need to re-read de email dey sent to me...

Ticket box should be open the days before. When you get in after you settle in go straight there.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
I cyar cook no pelau nah....I know Trinibagonians. My Pelau go be sappy and they will eat all then ah reading on the forum how Elan cyar cook.

Alyuh liming the night before or what?

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
I cyar cook no pelau nah....I know Trinibagonians. My Pelau go be sappy and they will eat all then ah reading on the forum how Elan cyar cook.

I wish but I coming in 5 hours before the game... I could lime after lol.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2009, 04:55:16 AM »
U.S. soccer event builds a fan base
By Bryan Mullen (The Tennesseean)

Bob Bradley sat in a West End restaurant Monday afternoon wearing soccer warm-ups. They were very nice soccer warm-ups, mind you, but most everyone else wore suits and professional attire.

Still, anyone who recognized Bradley knew he was dressed for success.

Bradley, 51, is known throughout the world as one of the top professional soccer coaches. He currently serves as the head coach for the U.S. Men's National soccer team, which faces Trinidad & Tobago on April 1 at LP Field. The FIFA World Cup qualifying match is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.

"The fact that it's a World Cup qualifier, it brings more importance and an extra level of excitement and passion," Bradley said during his short trip to Nashville. "For soccer fans, what you have at that moment is a sense of what it means to get to the World Cup. When all those things come together, especially in a city like Nashville, people have a proud feeling about being American."

More than 12,000 tickets have been sold for the Nashville match, and U.S. Soccer officials said fans from 43 states and three countries already have purchased tickets.

Music City has a solid history in supporting professional soccer. The U.S. played in Nashville in 2006 before the World Cup and during qualifying for the Olympic Games. This match, however, will be the first FIFA World Cup qualifier in Nashville.

"It's a very good playing surface," Bradley said of LP Field. "From a coach's standpoint, that's always really the most important factor of all. We certainly hope that the crowd is going to be very big. We all saw that there was an intimate feeling in the lower bowl during Olympic qualifying (in 2006). There was some very strong pro U.S. support."

This will be the third World Cup Qualifier for the U.S. this year. On Feb. 11 in Columbus, Ohio, the men defeated Mexico 2-0. The second will come on March 28 at El Salvador before the U.S. team heads back to North America. It all leads up to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

Some of the more notable names on the U.S. roster are midfielder Landon Donovan, defenseman Carlos Bocanegra and goalkeeper Tim Howard. As Bradley continues to build his roster — which will include some younger players — he said he is attempting to create the perfect balance of talent, experience and energy to make the U.S. successful.

"My feeling is that there are very good things happening," Bradley said. "As a group, there's a sense of how we want to go about our business, how we want to play. If we continue to do that in each one of these qualifying games, we will not only be in South Africa but that we will have a very good team."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2009, 05:15:17 AM »

Yeah man....name de place!!...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2009, 07:03:03 AM »
U.S. soccer event builds a fan base
By Bryan Mullen (The Tennesseean)

Bob Bradley sat in a West End restaurant Monday afternoon wearing soccer warm-ups. They were very nice soccer warm-ups, mind you, but most everyone else wore suits and professional attire.

Still, anyone who recognized Bradley knew he was dressed for success.

Bradley, 51, is known throughout the world as one of the top professional soccer coaches. He currently serves as the head coach for the U.S. Men's National soccer team, which faces Trinidad & Tobago on April 1 at LP Field. The FIFA World Cup qualifying match is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.

"The fact that it's a World Cup qualifier, it brings more importance and an extra level of excitement and passion," Bradley said during his short trip to Nashville. "For soccer fans, what you have at that moment is a sense of what it means to get to the World Cup. When all those things come together, especially in a city like Nashville, people have a proud feeling about being American."

More than 12,000 tickets have been sold for the Nashville match, and U.S. Soccer officials said fans from 43 states and three countries already have purchased tickets.

Music City has a solid history in supporting professional soccer. The U.S. played in Nashville in 2006 before the World Cup and during qualifying for the Olympic Games. This match, however, will be the first FIFA World Cup qualifier in Nashville.

"It's a very good playing surface," Bradley said of LP Field. "From a coach's standpoint, that's always really the most important factor of all. We certainly hope that the crowd is going to be very big. We all saw that there was an intimate feeling in the lower bowl during Olympic qualifying (in 2006). There was some very strong pro U.S. support."

This will be the third World Cup Qualifier for the U.S. this year. On Feb. 11 in Columbus, Ohio, the men defeated Mexico 2-0. The second will come on March 28 at El Salvador before the U.S. team heads back to North America. It all leads up to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

Some of the more notable names on the U.S. roster are midfielder Landon Donovan, defenseman Carlos Bocanegra and goalkeeper Tim Howard. As Bradley continues to build his roster — which will include some younger players — he said he is attempting to create the perfect balance of talent, experience and energy to make the U.S. successful.

"My feeling is that there are very good things happening," Bradley said. "As a group, there's a sense of how we want to go about our business, how we want to play. If we continue to do that in each one of these qualifying games, we will not only be in South Africa but that we will have a very good team."

So what happen to the next 7 states? I thought trinis were everywhere???  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Hmm let me guess though, Hawaii, Alaska, probably Texas, New Mexico, California  would be my guesses for some of the states that ent purchase tickets yet.  And 12000 not a bad crowd. Wonder how many trinis will be there?

It would be nice if there was a doubles vendor there too .......... well one can dream.

1]; } ?>