March 28, 2024, 06:37:32 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188749 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SOCA WARRIORS After Party in Nashville!!
« Reply #360 on: March 26, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
nashville crew,

what is the parking situation for all dis?
based on the city map, i figure that i could park at the Metro Courthouse, located at the south end of 2nd Avenue and Union St. then we could walk acrosss the Woodland St. Bridge to LP Field.

before and after the game we can check out downtown nashville and the fetes respectively.

is this doable? my concerns with this plan are:

1. is it safe to walk across the Woodland St. Bridge to LP Field? Are there pedestrian lanes?

2. is the Metro Courthouse parking lot safe and close enough to the downtown attractions and the entertainment district to walk?

3. do i need to bring my gun in case of jackers in downtown nashville late @ night?

thanks!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »
oh gormmmm why oh why this nashville game couldnt be the one on saturday.    i ent too far from nashville but it real hard to do all that feteing on a wednesday.

Boy wha yuh worried about....so far it looking like I have to lime before the game, attend de game, go the after party, from the party go straight to the airport....sleep on de plane, sleep in JFK, sleep on the plane to Trinidad, drive home, wake up and go to work Friday morninig....and you right dey and complaining.... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »
I will be most present. I would be even more present if it were ladies free... :D

Forget Warrior Nation.  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
nashville crew,

based on the city map, i figure that i could park at the Metro Courthouse, located at the south end of 2nd Avenue and Union St. then we could walk acrosss the Woodland St. Bridge to LP Field.

before and after the game we can check out downtown nashville and the fetes respectively.

1. is it safe to walk across the Woodland St. Bridge to LP Field? Are there pedestrian lanes?

2. is the Metro Courthouse parking lot safe and close enough to the downtown attractions and the entertainment district to walk?

3. do i need to bring my gun in case of jackers in downtown nashville late @ night?

thanks!

1. The bridge is the customary means to get to the LP Fields for Titans games.. It is a pedestrian lane; cars have no access to the bridge.

2. The metro courthouse is a good choice but there are many other paking lots in close proximity. I have never experienced or known anyone that has experienced car theft downtown Nashville.

3. You doh need yuh pipe; Nashville is a cool city.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2009, 07:23:45 PM »
well that makes it 3 clubs with the 'official' after party
everybody i talk to down there can't give me any kind of assurance that they really mean 'official'
thay cant even tell me who they talk to at TTFF to make them 'official'
so Jumbonuts since you actually come on here and advertise yours i say we would go with yours

Cosign plus I feel yours closest 2 d match venue

Steupes.  Wha de hell yuh cosignin for and yuh tail go be siddung in Trinidad!  ;D ;D

Cosign 4 meh sis
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:10 PM »
oh gormmmm why oh why this nashville game couldnt be the one on saturday.    i ent too far from nashville but it real hard to do all that feteing on a wednesday.

Boy wha yuh worried about....so far it looking like I have to lime before the game, attend de game, go the after party, from the party go straight to the airport....sleep on de plane, sleep in JFK, sleep on the plane to Trinidad, drive home, wake up and go to work Friday morninig....and you right dey and complaining.... :)
dais ah segment from
"Amazing Race" or wha
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »

dais ah segment from
"Amazing Race" or wha

Brownsugar is ah real trini!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »

dais ah segment from
"Amazing Race" or wha

Brudder if u eh want 2 fall out b4 all yuh meet change 2 Trinbagonian
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:46 PM »

dais ah segment from
"Amazing Race" or wha

:rotfl:My bad; Brownsugar is ah real trinibagonian!!... :rotfl:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 27, 2009, 11:25:19 AM »
nashville crew,

thanks!

Yes. It have 3 bridges of choice to walk over from to the downtown area.

You can get street parking much closer to the venue. For a Wednesday night wont find many problems getting a free parking spot.

No. but it have plenty pan handlers/beggars and artist trying to make a buck on the sidewalks

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #370 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »
Seems like we might have some good support at the game in Nashville.  I contacted ticketmaster today  and sections 112, 113, 114 and 115 are all sold out....come on allyuh, leh we get even more support....

Row 111 gone too

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 27, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »
Forumites,

Ah need some advice.  I was planning to buy 2 bottles of coconut water Sunday put dem to freeze and den pack dem bright and early Monday morning.

De next time ah goh have acess to a fridge is bout 7 - 8 pm Monday night.  I was telling ah friend of mine (Palos, option #1.... ;D) of my plans and was informed that it would spoil by Monday night.

Now I know that if its not stored properly, coconut water does spoil easy, easy but I figured if I put the procedure above in place I should be alright....
So wha all yuh think?

Ah doubt ah could buy coconut water in Tennessee.... :-\ and ah need mih coconut water with mih scotch...if not, plan B is level rum and coke.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 05:36:44 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 27, 2009, 05:33:53 PM »
well I know that the Walmarts does sell canned coconut water, doh need refrigeration. I know it won't be as good as the bottled one but is an option.

Otherwise, I dont think it will spoil. It still kinda chilly here and the suitcase will be in the cargo hold which is colder than the rest of the plane. Even if you kept it in your hand luggage it would still  be cool.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 27, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
Forumites,

Ah need some advice.  I was planning to buy 2 bottles of coconut water Sunday put dem to freeze and den pack dem bright and early Monday morning.

De next time ah goh have acess to a fridge is bout 7 - 8 pm Monday night.  I was telling ah friend of mine (Palos, option #1.... ;D) of my plans and was informed that it would spoil by Monday night.

Now I know that if its not stored properly, coconut water does spoil easy, easy but I figured if I put the procedure above in place I should be alright....
So wha all yuh think?

Ah doubt ah could buy coconut water in Tennessee.... :-\ and ah need mih coconut water with mih scotch...if not, plan B is level rum and coke.... ;D

ah tink ah fallin in love...  :-\

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #374 on: March 27, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
Forumites,

So wha all yuh think?

Freeze it Sunday and it will not spoil. If you un-sure just walk with a small cooler of ice. But I do the same and no problem. The one in the can is a waste, trust me.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 27, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »
Forumites,

So wha all yuh think?

Awwwwwww  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 27, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »

dais ah segment from
"Amazing Race" or wha

:rotfl:My bad; Brownsugar is ah real trinibagonian!!... :rotfl:

;D
Yes man, ah like how men getting forewarned bright and early.... :devil:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 27, 2009, 05:41:58 PM »
Allyuh doh have to pay all that. them motels near the airport is round $60 a night.  Doh mind the crackheads living next door  :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 27, 2009, 05:45:14 PM »
Forumites,

So wha all yuh think?

chupss...boy u real idle yes.... :)

On another note, Thanks Flex.... :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 27, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »
freeze the coconut water and then wrap it in "Hot Ice" ;D
and it will last the whole day...no probs
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 27, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
Forumites,

So wha all yuh think?

Brown sugar yuh bound for coconut water? wham oliver camps is yuh fardder ah what! :devil:

moving right along, seriously though , it have a jamaican coconut water in the can/bottle that does taste pretty decent.......... so i've been told by my rum drinkling buddies, i never tried it though.

Omar stop accusting the female members, or else ah go sic yuh nemmisis on yuh!  :devil: ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 27, 2009, 07:16:22 PM »
Anybody in Toronto know whee dey showing de game?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 27, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »
I could always bring some of the canned stuff and we could experiment  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 27, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »

:salute:  :salute: :salute: Now dahis is puhhin tings in perspective!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #384 on: March 27, 2009, 08:54:07 PM »

any bar with espn2 i presume, thank god i have sat, so i having a lime home ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 27, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »

any bar with espn2 i presume, thank god i have sat, so i having a lime home ;D
Yow TI ESPN2 bringing the game? BC i even look for the UAS game and couldn't find it on non of the ESPN channels.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2009, 12:33:10 AM »
ok we staying at Marriott Residence Inn (Airport)
ah get a 3-star room suite for $65..normally $140
Thanks Capt Kirk  ;D

Ey I leaving Monday like around 2pm.  Do 10hrs.  Sleep for 4 and hit it again.
I'll be in Nash town like about noon.  So we should link when I roll in. If you need a ride from the AP let me know cause i might be there before you. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »
Anybody have an idea of how many trinis coming out for the game? An anyone landing round 2 PM Wednesday in nashville and want to share a cab ride?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #388 on: March 28, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »
Anybody have an idea of how many trinis coming out for the game? An anyone landing round 2 PM Wednesday in nashville and want to share a cab ride?
Ramada ent have airport shuttle?
I coming in bout 1pm, maybe we go bounce up if ah delayed
Preacher might come pick me up or something
what time Brownsguar rolling in?..we could organise transport for the scotch  :beermug:

btw what time people heading down to the stadium?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
Ramada ent have airport shuttle?
I coming in bout 1pm, maybe we go bounce up if ah delayed
Preacher might come pick me up or something
what time Brownsguar rolling in?..we could organise transport for the scotch  :beermug:

btw what time people heading down to the stadium?

Brownsuger go be there from monday I think. As for what time heading to the stadium, I figure, get to the hotel, check-in. Have a scotch or three, then walk across.

1]; } ?>