March 28, 2024, 05:12:49 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188797 times)

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #720 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »
look allario sweating yes...

ah laugh when ah see that! ..but doh get tie up, Filipo is a descent baller, he aint Argentinian for nutten

College, wha yuh mean? He could only play going downhill or wha?   Oh gorm man    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game Viewing Thread for T&T vs.USA
« Reply #721 on: April 01, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
CNMG said coverage starting at 7 30pm TT Time... Kick off is 7 58pm

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #722 on: April 01, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »
Fellas,

we have to be careful not to advertise links too soon. They might closed down.

I think we know the links from the last game. And if you come across any new ones, Post them just b4 the start.

Peace,
VB

Lawd man....
having to go and search for threads again VB..... allyuh man like making life a tough for some bretheren eh?? :D
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John and Kenwyne Jones in Training Bust up
« Reply #723 on: April 01, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »
Leading record scorer Stern John and compatriot Kenwyne Jones went into some serious hand fight after Jones bussed a kiss on stern in the shower. Jones has always had homsexual tendancies and it seems that he felt the older father figure of stern fit the ideal figure of what he wants in a companion.

Mr. John was having none of that and soundly beat Kenwyne like he would one of his many children.

Why a Gay Joke though?

He wanted to make sure you read it all the way through.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Update From PATRIOT in NAshville
« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:35 AM »
set pieces is a worry
What about when is we turn can we make them worry too is the question. ???

if d right person take dem, maybe
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
http://athe-net-tv.blogspot.com/ - look under Concacaf section

http://www.justin.tv/   ---- search for USA vs Trinidad as vb say sometimes links does close down

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=34410&part=sports

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html -- most reliable stream it have

tune in around game time later
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
I'll probably get cuss for dis, but I wouldn't mind a tie against the US on US soil. I mean, yea, we should go for a win, but unless we pull some bs like the el salvador game, I'll be satisfied with a tie.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »
I'll probably get cuss for dis, but I wouldn't mind a tie against the US on US soil. I mean, yea, we should go for a win, but unless we pull some bs like the el salvador game, I'll be satisfied with a tie.

that goes without saying brother

noone will cuss yuh for sayin dat atall
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »
Lol.. i get ketch. I was about to say "O LAWD, he homo?" Im glad someone pointed out it was a joke. Very gay one though.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2009, 11:34:10 AM »
excerpt from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/soccer_america/04/01/us.trinidad/?eref=T1

T&T has been strengthened by the return of starting keeper Clayton Ince and holding midfielder Chris Birchall, a standout at the 2006 World Cup who was suspended Saturday for a 1-1 tie against Honduras that Kaleem Hyland rescued with a goal in the 90th minute.

Kenwyne Jones of English Premier League club Sunderland has missed the last two games against the U.S. while recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered last year playing against England, but is available for this one, as is former Columbus Crew striker Stern John. Both Jones and John are fast and strong and can be dangerous if marking and tracking are too lax.

Captain Dennis Lawrence is a veteran of previous U.S. meetings, as is coach Francisco Maturana of Colombia, but legendary attacker Dwight Yorke is suspended. The teams played last October in the CONCACAF semifinal round, and the already-qualified U.S. sent out a young squad that was beaten 2-1 in Port of Spain. In the home leg, the Americans won 3-0.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In 12 hrs time, we will have a good idea how the group evolves
« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
The interesting piece about tonight is that the traditional top 3 will be playing the traditionally weaker half for the first time. This is where the big boys stand up to be counted.
USA, Mex and CR should all win, on paper and history, which will see the opening of the now familiar gap that comes around every qualifying series.
USA - 7
CR - 6pana
Mexico - 6
TT - 2
Honduras - 1
El Salva - 1

but this is CONCACAF, home to the unpredictable, where all predictions are usually wrong.

We have the potential tonight to throw the group wide open for the rest of games and keep the USA from running away early and being already qualified by August scenario.

What we also want is draws in the other games.

In about 12 hours, we will have a pretty good idea on what will be happening in CONCACAF.

USA vs TT
Make no doubt about it, USA are extremely strong favourites to take 3 pts tonight.
We have not showed that we can compete head to head with them since we lost 2-3 (Dwarika's double) isomewhere in the mid 90's. We have been totally outclassed in every game since then.
If T&T gets a point tonight, it will have huge consequences for the rest of the competition. teams.It will deny the US surging ahead to 7pts ahead of everyone else and more importantly, the belief that anyone can beat them as the 2 weakest teams in the group took points off them.
If it goes according to script though, USA will move to 7 and head the table. very hard to see them faltering after that.
TT will be stuck on 2, when we wanted to be about 4 pts after these 3 games. It will make the Costa Rica home game in early June the do-or-die for our campaign (the equivalent of the Panama game at home in 2005).

Honduras vs Mexico
On paper, the most interesting game of the lot. In previous years, you already had mexico as favourites, even playing in tegucigalpa. Honduras will be playing at home for the first time. they came in with all the hype from the last round, but have not started that great, even if they played 2 away games. they might still be thinking of the lost 2 pts in POS. But they are in a must win tonight. if they lose, they will be stuck on 1 after 3 games, very poor by their standards, and not qualifying form. A draw will not be doom and gloom, they will be in a similar situation to T&T, making their next game in early June do-or-die. A win, and they will be back in a good position, 4pts after 3 games with only a single home game against potentially the hardest team they will host. Mexico on the other hand will not be too upset if they get a draw, which they did late last year as well to qualify for the final round. A win will see them surging back to the top 2 and will be hard to see them failing after this to miss one of the automatic spots.
I feel this game will end in a draw.

Costa Rica vs El Salvador
This is it for El Salvador. They were ranked as the weakest team at the start and have shown some fight. Every single WCQ, one team usually flops big time. Last time it was Panama, series before was T&T, when we got like 4-5 pts total I think in 10 games. if El Salvador loses, they in a bind, with only 1 pt in 3, having already played at home twice. They are not traditionally a good travelling team as well. A loss will pretty much be the end of the road for them, as it will be tough to see them travelling to Mexico, USA and T&T, where they have a very poor record.
I dont see el Salvador getting anything in this game.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 01, 2009, 11:54:12 AM »
      Things I would love to see in the match today that will most likely NOT occur:

- Birchall and Hyland to start midfield.
- A proper right back to start in that position and NOT Anthony Wolfe.
- Clayton Ince to be the starting goalie.
- Jones and Scotland to start and Stern to be a SUB (for once).

The above are things that I am sure most of us would want for tonight's game. However we know that we will be lucky if 1 or 2 of the above points are actually followed by Matucraphole.

Anyway we can at least hope and pray as per usual.

All the best tonight my Warriors. Let's not lose please.

No matter what though, we will still be supporting you all the way.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: In 12 hrs time, we will have a good idea how the group evolves
« Reply #732 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
Honduras will not lose to mexico at home and I cannot see El salvador winning either.

The only thing would be if TnT catch a Jumbie and win or tie  :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #733 on: April 01, 2009, 11:59:37 AM »
i have mac but I cah get ctntworld to go to big screen.

Anybody else have that problem?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 01, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »
      Things I would love to see in the match today that will most likely NOT occur:

- A proper right back to start in that position and NOT Anthony Wolfe.

Who is this "proper right back" you speak of?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #735 on: April 01, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »
Leading record scorer Stern John and compatriot Kenwyne Jones went into some serious hand fight after Jones bussed a kiss on stern in the shower. Jones has always had homsexual tendancies and it seems that he felt the older father figure of stern fit the ideal figure of what he wants in a companion.

Mr. John was having none of that and soundly beat Kenwyne like he would one of his many children.

Why a Gay Joke though?

Who de fack ask yuh anything ?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 01, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »

VB

No problem on a PC! Looks like Macs are crap?!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 01, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »
Come on people.. we all know its All Fool's day!

KJ and #14 did have an argument but was on the pitch,I understand KJ eh want tuh hear nuttin from anyone and kinda doing wha he want cuz he din start last game.Whatever he doing must be work because he startin with Stern tonite .

well ah appreciate dat. In retrospect i too think that scotty cya start in front of stern tonight because this North American "crew" is Stern stomping ground so ah have a feelin he could show off tonight and hence in addition to lookin as fit as he did on saturday most likely warrants de start scotty go wind up takin de back seat tonight because de US has big defenders and KJ is de only man dat could jump and head with dem.
Scotty go have to play super-sub tonight. i still expect good things from scotty tonight. cornell Glenn coulda look good tonight too. daryll roberts.... tsk tsk tsk!  De forward line hard to make boy.

berris im sure is only de coach decision that counts but you really think Stern deserve to start in front of Scotty?

A fair question and Im lookin for a fair answer

I believe he and Scotty deserve to start before KJ ....what has KJ done ? and he does not even seem interested when he's on the pitch . Scotty shud start but not at de expense of #14 .Too much hype about KJ ana  he has never cut it at international level,never  ...dais as fair as ah cud get .
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: In 12 hrs time, we will have a good idea how the group evolves
« Reply #738 on: April 01, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
The interesting piece about tonight is that the traditional top 3 will be playing the traditionally weaker half for the first time. This is where the big boys stand up to be counted.
USA, Mex and CR should all win, on paper and history, which will see the opening of the now familiar gap that comes around every qualifying series.
USA - 7
CR - 6pana
Mexico - 6
TT - 2
Honduras - 1
El Salva - 1

but this is CONCACAF, home to the unpredictable, where all predictions are usually wrong.

Your predicted table if all the big boys win tonight is wrong as both T&T and El Salvador are currently on 2 points with El Slavador on a better goal difference! So if the big boys USA, Mexico & Costa Rica all win table will look like this:
USA - 7
CR - 6
Mexico - 6
El Salva - 2
TT - 2
Honduras - 1

Lets hope we can at least grind out a draw if not a win or else we could be looking at still being 5th in the table after tonight games!

Good luck Soca Warriors, lets have our best game thus far and take the chances that come our way!!  :challenge:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:13 PM »
Wolfe was we best player in that 3-0 loss last rounds and he even score...till they say he was offside or foul somebody in the process.

He go mash up donovan and dempsey.

Also I would like aklie to take a breath, compose he-self, lock his ankle and knee, lower his center of gravity,lean into it, swing...and hit whoever coming at him...the ULTIMATE BLADE of they lifetime....Clean all ball, and help them up after and say sorry  ::)

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »

VB

No problem on a PC! Looks like Macs are crap?!  :-\

shhh  :devil: it have mac luvers out there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jojosxm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 01, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
I have a Mac and I aint have no problem showing cnt on the large screen

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
anybody got any links to view the game online...

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 01, 2009, 01:05:22 PM »

VB

yeah - no big screen option for CNMG. i ketching mih ass to get i955 to work as well

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 01, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »
My Game Day Tradition...............VOLUME

We are Soca Warriors...............buss dem fellas<--click here
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:53:07 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 01, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
Just passing thru to wish them fellas good luck. im not watching the game live so i recording it for when i come home ,I" going to a NJ Nets vs Detroit pistons game. tonite hopefully no one spoils it for me by telling me de score.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 01, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »
well ah appreciate dat. In retrospect i too think that scotty cya start in front of stern tonight because this North American "crew" is Stern stomping ground so ah have a feelin he could show off tonight and hence in addition to lookin as fit as he did on saturday most likely warrants de start scotty go wind up takin de back seat tonight because de US has big defenders and KJ is de only man dat could jump and head with dem.
Scotty go have to play super-sub tonight. i still expect good things from scotty tonight. cornell Glenn coulda look good tonight too. daryll roberts.... tsk tsk tsk!  De forward line hard to make boy.

yeh mess up on de quote ting dey.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 01, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
http://athe-net-tv.blogspot.com/ - look under Concacaf section

http://www.justin.tv/   ---- search for USA vs Trinidad as vb say sometimes links does close down

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=34410&part=sports

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html -- most reliable stream it have

tune in around game time later

die hard, dat ctnworld link real nice and easy to get. thanks mate.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 01, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
Big up stern i think he should definately start . i like scotland i just think he should get that ball and run at defenders harder with his frame , not to many defenders trying to get in he way most likely he will draw plenty fouls around the area. last game i thought he was taking t many wild shots from outside. he needs to pic his spots better but overall if he just hold the ball longer and run at defenders he'll be great. stern to me does his job he holds up the ball very well when he recieves it the thing is not to many trini players slash along side him to recieve passes . at this point i dont link for stern to score but if he does its cool he is more of a facilatator for the other forwards when his back is to the goal. go trinis.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 01, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »
Just win the match :)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>