April 27, 2024, 10:53:24 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 191160 times)

Offline mr kevin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Call - Everybody reach home safe?
« Reply #1350 on: April 02, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »
home safe, nice meeting allyuh.  Hopefully next time we'll have a better result.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 02, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »
I'm back in NYC safe and sound. I saw Shaun Fuentes and the local based checking in before I flew out at 6:30am.

Brownsugar, Feliz, verycute1, royalian, Tallman, Preacher, Patriot, soccerman...the game was a heartbreaker, but the lime was sweet. It was great seeing u all.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 02, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »
de ATL bus crew reach back safe and sound. de lime was sweet too bad (plenty casualities of war from d liquor before and after de game). outside of d disgusting performance a nice time had by all! big respect to salt and fresh, arimaman, ngozi and others for playing their part in d bus lime! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 02, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »
I'm back in NYC safe and sound. I saw Shaun Fuentes and the local based checking in before I flew out at 6:30am.

Brownsugar, Feliz, verycute1, royalian, Tallman, Preacher, Patriot, soccerman...the game was a heartbreaker, but the lime was sweet. It was great seeing u all.

C U 4 CR
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 03, 2009, 05:53:54 AM »
Where d pics

I'll have to put them up over the weekend. I so tired cause from since yesterday morning when i wake up at 7am to now, I must be sleep 3 hours. I have to be out early tomorrow by 6:30 so I really must drag my tired self to bed.

Tallman, when I was in the airport, guess who I see? Bradley. An I was wearing my little trini pin on my coat. Went up to the man an said "good game chief" He said thanks, shake my hand. Only after I get back to my seat, I say to myself, shoulda take a picture.   :-[

I guess this kinda thing is what Maturana meant when he say we were applauding when Honduras score...( i doh see nothing wrong with it, I just saying that the man had a point)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 03, 2009, 06:29:24 AM »
I fly out at 6 AM wit Jack and Corneal and dem. Was in de airport since about 3:30 AM because it didn't make no sense to go back to de hotel.

So Jack was so upset dat he eh stummer?
whey jack was there?  He probably pull out all he hair left after seeing Wolfe's performance.  First thing he would want to know who put him out there... Maturana

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Landon score so much goals?? (T&T Guardian at its best).
« Reply #1356 on: April 03, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »
Did they appologize for miss leading the nation AGAIN??

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 03, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »
donovan and altidore real resemble. it easy to mix them up.

i think donovan, ching and altidore is brothers from different mothers.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 03, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »
Come to find out, the reporter wrote that article since when the schedule came out, and pulled that Donovan pic from archive.

Soon as he hear d score was 3 - 0, bam, he publish. He jus no it had to be Donovan... dat is soon as he see Eddie Johnson wasn in d line up.

Whatever happened to journalistic pride  ::) That is truly shocking. Human error is one thing but a journalist trying to predict things then publish it?  :beermug:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 03, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »
Did they appologize for miss leading the nation AGAIN??

Who is Miss Leading? Why they have to apologise for her again ?  ;D

(Grammar Police strikes again...)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 03, 2009, 07:27:02 AM »
Thanx.. Flew back with the local based yesterday to Atlanta,  with the exception of Akile and including Ince... I sat next to S. Fuentes.. I like him, vey nice personable fellah..
Sorry I did not bounce some of you, but lime with some of the usual suspects like Tallman amd Patriot... Met Omar, Israel, Scorpion and June Solomon with her husband...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1361 on: April 03, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
yeah got home bout 10pm last night
i end up flying out of Nashville at 11 or so then ah lime downtown Chicago for a few hours
ah hear it had tornado and thing like early afternnon in Nashville, hope nobody was caught up in that

Samo me ent see you unless ah mistaking yuh for somebody else  :-\
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 03, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »
leave nashville bout 10 AM CT yesterday morning. reach back in the ATL bout 2 PM ET.

nice scenic drive.

the dog cope well thru the whole trip.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 03, 2009, 07:41:59 AM »
Samo me ent see you unless ah mistaking yuh for somebody else 

My flight left at 6:30am.. The local based and Ince was on the flight along with Latas and Mats...Sat next to S. Fuentes
Israel was on the same flight as me, saw him in a couple of warriornation pics...

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 03, 2009, 07:42:27 AM »
Where d pics

I'll have to put them up over the weekend. I so tired cause from since yesterday morning when i wake up at 7am to now, I must be sleep 3 hours. I have to be out early tomorrow by 6:30 so I really must drag my tired self to bed.

Tallman, when I was in the airport, guess who I see? Bradley. An I was wearing my little trini pin on my coat. Went up to the man an said "good game chief" He said thanks, shake my hand. Only after I get back to my seat, I say to myself, shoulda take a picture.   :-[

I guess this kinda thing is what Maturana meant when he say we were applauding when Honduras score...( i doh see nothing wrong with it, I just saying that the man had a point)

same thing I was thinking.
whey boy!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »
Just reach home last night.  safe and sound.  It was good liming with the forumites.  Patriot almost pick up a ting in in Hard Rock cafe'.  He buy a glass the gyul tell him he could come back for it later.  :)   Firebrand, Bago, Brownsugar, Feliz, soccerman, verycute1, royalian, Tallman  big up. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 03, 2009, 08:02:41 AM »
Donovan had a hattrick of assists....I think.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 03, 2009, 08:26:28 AM »
I finally made it home after a 3 1/2 hour delay in JFK....ah never fall down in mih bed till 1 am this morning.

Is a good ting ah get 2 hrs sleep at the hotel before ah leave, 1 1/2 hours on the plane to NY, about a 1/2 hour here and there in JFK....another 1 hour while Delta sort out dey problem...about 2 1/2 hours en route to Piarco and thankfully a good 3 1/2 hours in mih nice warm bed as such I am surprisingly very bright eyed and bushy tailed here at work today... ;D

I'll post in more detail later cuz is pace right now trying to meet deadlines but it was really, really very nice to meet Very cute1, Preacher, Firebrand, Feliz, Royalian, Elan, Jumbonuts, Optimus Prime, Omarldinho (sorry about the Scotch fellas we'll make it up another time  ;)  :)), Mr. Kevin (who posts very rarely but reads), Bagosolider....and ah know ah probably forget somebody, but its not intentional....

Had a good time.....looking forward to the next one.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
Well I reach home after 12 dis mornin.  Rell drama with all kinda Tornado in de airport an ting oui.  Nice meetin up wid allyuh.  Brownsugar ah holdin yuh to dat eh!  Call me ah true patriot or ah flippin fool but me an meh old man done talkin bout Flexing to Costa Rica and maybe even Mexico.  Hope we doin better by then tho.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 03, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »
Well I reach home after 12 dis mornin.  Rell drama with all kinda Tornado in de airport an ting oui.  Nice meetin up wid allyuh.  Brownsugar ah holdin yuh to dat eh!  Call me ah true patriot or ah flippin fool but me an meh old man done talkin bout Flexing to Costa Rica and maybe even Mexico.  Hope we doin better by then tho.

Boy I considering Costa Rica too....Mexico not sounding too safe these days....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:22 AM »
I finally made it home after a 3 1/2 hour delay in JFK....ah never fall down in mih bed till 1 am this morning.

Is a good ting ah get 2 hrs sleep at the hotel before ah leave, 1 1/2 hours on the plane to NY, about a 1/2 hour here and there in JFK....another 1 hour while Delta sort out dey problem...about 2 1/2 hours en route to Piarco and thankfully a good 3 1/2 hours in mih nice warm bed as such I am surprisingly very bright eyed and bushy tailed here at work today... ;D

I'll post in more detail later cuz is pace right now trying to meet deadlines but it was really, really very nice to meet Very cute1, Preacher, Firebrand, Feliz, Royalian, Elan, Jumbonuts, Optimus Prime, Omarldinho (sorry about the Scotch fellas we'll make it up another time  ;)  :)), Mr. Kevin (who posts very rarely but reads), Bagosolider....and ah know ah probably forget somebody, but its not intentional....

Fellas if alyuh did not meet Brownsugar, that make the loss even worse.  Brownsugar :applause: :applause:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »
Donovan had a hattrick of assists....I think.
yeah he assisted on all three goals.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
donovan and altidore real resemble. it easy to mix them up.

i think donovan, ching and altidore is brothers from different mothers.
;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 03, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »
Where d pics

same thing I was thinking.

doh get tie up. one is in the stadium behavior..the other is outside. When Brazil play Argentina and is real hate in the stands, but bess belive dem Argentines want Dinho, Kaka, pato and co. autograph after the game and pose up wid dem smiling. Same with Brazilians trying to get Diego, Messi and co. autograph. Triuss meh..I tired see it with meh own eye. hate in the stadium, outside is a different story...I talking about the average fan too eh..not some dread ultra or hooligan.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 03, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »

Fellas if alyuh did not meet Brownsugar, that make the loss even worse.  Brownsugar :applause: :applause:

Well I sat next to her and verycute1 whole game...so I make out pretty good.  ;D  Cool peeps!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 03, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »

I tinkin bout CR as well hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »

u need to stay home wid yuh negative vibes ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 03, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »

u need to stay home wid yuh negative vibes ;D

Pay meh to stay home and I will consider it

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »

hmmm...ah wonder who yuh fuhget boy
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 03, 2009, 12:48:50 PM »

hmmm...ah wonder who yuh fuhget boy

I wonder who  ???

1]; } ?>