March 28, 2024, 05:36:04 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).  (Read 188801 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Landon score so much goals?? (T&T Guardian at its best).
« Reply #1380 on: April 03, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
donovan and altidore real resemble. it easy to mix them up.

i think donovan, ching and altidore is brothers from different mothers.
;D

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Call - Everybody reach home safe?
« Reply #1381 on: April 03, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
I'll post in more detail later cuz is pace right now trying to meet deadlines but it was really, really very nice to meet Very cute1, Preacher, Firebrand, Feliz, Royalian, Elan, Jumbonuts, Optimus Prime, Omarldinho (sorry about the Scotch fellas we'll make it up another time    ), Mr. Kevin (who posts very rarely but reads), Bagosolider....and ah know ah probably forget somebody, but its not intentional....

hmmm...ah wonder who yuh fuhget boy

You better hurry up and remember before a a certain admin ban yuh from the site :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 03, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
I'll post in more detail later cuz is pace right now trying to meet deadlines but it was really, really very nice to meet Very cute1, Preacher, Firebrand, Feliz, Royalian, Elan, Jumbonuts, Optimus Prime, Omarldinho (sorry about the Scotch fellas we'll make it up another time    ), Mr. Kevin (who posts very rarely but reads), Bagosolider....and ah know ah probably forget somebody, but its not intentional....

You better hurry up and remember before a a certain admin ban yuh from the site :)

It have 2 b Flex because Tman is like salt no need 2 mention he. :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 03, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
I'll post in more detail later cuz is pace right now trying to meet deadlines but it was really, really very nice to meet Very cute1, Preacher, Firebrand, Feliz, Royalian, Elan, Jumbonuts, Optimus Prime, Omarldinho (sorry about the Scotch fellas we'll make it up another time  ;)  :)), Mr. Kevin (who posts very rarely but reads), Bagosolider....and ah know ah probably forget somebody, but its not intentional....

Yuh destroy the woman BL stash and yuh want she to remember yuh?  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 03, 2009, 01:58:02 PM »
I'll post in more detail later cuz is pace right now trying to meet deadlines but it was really, really very nice to meet Very cute1, Preacher, Firebrand, Feliz, Royalian, Elan, Jumbonuts, Optimus Prime, Omarldinho (sorry about the Scotch fellas we'll make it up another time  ;)  :)), Mr. Kevin (who posts very rarely but reads), Bagosolider....and ah know ah probably forget somebody, but its not intentional....

If yuh did wear yuh shoe box she woulda remember yuh by de shoes lol

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 03, 2009, 03:35:45 PM »
well after 14 hours in the airport, which included running off a plane to dodge a tornado i back safe..

was ah good trip rollin with optimus and he pops but after this ah go need another month or so before could even conceptualize costa rica. lol

was good to meet up with tallman (ah want back meh kit), brownsugar (with yuh invisible scotch lol), feliziano (thanks for the fantasy league tips, now i will go ahead and do the opposite), soccerman (real cool breddrin), preacher, june and hubby, patriot and whoever else name ah leave out, well you too..

until anodder time..

ps: toppa, ah hear ah miss yuh in de airport by a few seconds.. whey yuh was?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 03, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »
My dear Tallman, I was focusing on the forumites whom I met for the first time.....I met so many people I just feel like I forgot someone.... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 03, 2009, 04:21:40 PM »
Got home today.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 03, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »
well after 14 hours in the airport, which included running off a plane to dodge a tornado i back safe..

was ah good trip rollin with optimus and he pops but after this ah go need another month or so before could even conceptualize costa rica. lol

was good to meet up with tallman (ah want back meh kit), brownsugar (with yuh invisible scotch lol), feliziano (thanks for the fantasy league tips, now i will go ahead and do the opposite), soccerman (real cool breddrin), preacher, june and hubby, patriot and whoever else name ah leave out, well you too..

until anodder time..

ps: toppa, ah hear ah miss yuh in de airport by a few seconds.. whey yuh was?

Yeah, I met Optimus Prime sorry I missed yuh. I was talking to everybody with a Trini accent. I even waved at one chick in the airport cos she was wearing a Trini scarf. I doh know how many were forumites!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1389 on: April 03, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
Was great to meet some of the other forumites and buss a small lime with.
here's meh list of who ah didn't know before lol
BrownSugar - Thanks for the coconut water and the pleasure of meeting you :beermug:
Verycute1 - Thanks for lending us yuh room key so we didnt have to pay for parking and also the breat company  :)
Mr. Kevin and pardner - nice guy, hope to see yuh post some more  :)
Omar - yuh should buy Crouch, Beattie and Hutton btw  ;D
Optimus Prime - meh controller charging up right now so make yuh self available soon  :challenge:
Elan - chatted for 2 mins but seemed like a great guy  :beermug:
Israel - chatted for a while, nice fella, then players showed then who was me  ;D
Soccerman - when time to leave then he come introduce heself  ;D nice fella also
Jumbonuts - lil after party lime was nice, thanks for organising  :beermug: but ah ent think like Andre Baptiste did like that  ::)
Firebrand 3 pardners - Dion i think is one, nice fellas
plus the usual suspects - Tallman, Preacher, Firebrand, Royalian, Baygosoldier and Patriot
ah confident ah ent leave anybody out  ;D

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 03, 2009, 04:51:03 PM »
Where bagosoldier? De man was drinking scotch and driffin in de aisles. I thought he woulda cyap out yes.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1391 on: April 03, 2009, 04:58:34 PM »

boy we went to sleep bout 4, i getup bout 8 and tell Preacher..'boy i heading to the airport'..even though meh flight was 5-6 pm lol
i get a flight bout 10am to chicago then ah went downtown Chicago to find some pow and peking duck in Chinatown
ah get back to the airport in time to catch meh 3rd standby flight and happen to hear on the news bout tornado warning south ah Nashville
ah hoped most people was already outta dey, but ah see like allyuh get cuaght up in de middle but good to know allyuh make it out safe  :beermug:

one thing ah learned is to always go see if it have empty seats on earlier flights if it fits yuh schedule
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1392 on: April 03, 2009, 04:59:32 PM »
Where bagosoldier? De man was drinking scotch and driffin in de aisles. I thought he woulda cyap out yes.
boy me ent see he since the 1st bottle of scotch did done lol
Feliz

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 03, 2009, 05:00:02 PM »
Well looks like we need picture id's or something, cause I real did not see half of allyuh :(
Tallman and Patriot of course, Israel, Scorpion Optimus & Pops and Omar....
Everybody was cool as expected of trinis, but next time ah have to walk with a flag with mih name...

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 03, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
Where d pics

I'll have to put them up over the weekend. I so tired cause from since yesterday morning when i wake up at 7am to now, I must be sleep 3 hours. I have to be out early tomorrow by 6:30 so I really must drag my tired self to bed.

Tallman, when I was in the airport, guess who I see? Bradley. An I was wearing my little trini pin on my coat. Went up to the man an said "good game chief" He said thanks, shake my hand. Only after I get back to my seat, I say to myself, shoulda take a picture.   :-[

I guess this kinda thing is what Maturana meant when he say we were applauding when Honduras score...( i doh see nothing wrong with it, I just saying that the man had a point)

What, Maturana would say is a bad thing to congratulate the man? He knew I wasnt a USA supporter and made nice talk. Peeps on this site get dissed by one of our own players an the US coach took 5 mins out of his day to talk to me.  :-\
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Just watched the US game again..Sucker for punishment!!!
« Reply #1395 on: April 24, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »
 Ok nuthin new we looked like a high school team... everybody knows that..!!!...with that said....we had 5 palyers that had solid games Birchall...dont know why he was subbed when Daniel was having a piss poor game..Ince, Lawrence, Carlos (best player on the field), and Hyland looked decent. A. Edwards received a yellow does he miss the next game?...Also Thomas didn't have a great game but wasn't horrible...he is usually pretty solid...if Dog is healthy and seeing that Gray ain't in the mix lately can Thomas play right back? and Dog play in the middle...feedback on this if anyone knows...Also INO the two starting forwards should be Scotland and Glen ( he's scored in almost every game he's played lately for the team, he has pace and runs at players)...Scotland has great vision and holds up the ball well and has a great first touch...any opinions?  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:42:40 PM by noize »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Just watched the US game again..Sucker for punishment!!!
« Reply #1396 on: April 24, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
First of all yuh have real belly boy.
Second of all...doh start up that again nah man.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Just watched the US game again..Sucker for punishment!!!
« Reply #1397 on: April 24, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »
doh geh we dat "Noize" nuh :devil:

seriously: good stuff
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:56:07 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Strikers on strike?
« Reply #1398 on: April 28, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »
Strikers on strike?
Catholic News.

While it is true that T&T is not accustomed to defeating the US, particularly in the US, except for a victory at home last year when they were without several of their team players, the performance in Tennessee was one about which the technical staff, players and thousands of supporters should feel terribly worried and disappointed.

It seemed fairly obvious to me, and should have been to anyone looking on objectively at the game that night, that the US coach and technical team had done their homework but that our technical people had not.

Beasley, who normally plays in midfield on the left side, played in a much deeper position with the sole purpose of negating the speed of Carlos Edwards and what a good job he did in preventing Edwards, most of the time, from going up the right side of the field. Edwards, on the other hand, played right into the US coach’s hands by not trying to go across the field instead.

Hedjuk, the US right back, had freedom of movement up the right side, the T&T left side, for the entire match and I kept wondering whether what I was seeing on television and what others at home were seeing was not observed by Coach Maturana or his assistants. If in fact they had seen what we were seeing, they obviously did nothing about it, or if they had passed on instructions, they certainly were not followed.

Our midfield was non-existent: rarely were Noel and Daniel seen, Birchall tried his best but that was not good enough and there were gaping holes in the middle of the field. Passes were going astray most of the time and there was very little movement off the ball for passes to be made.

Little communication

The first goal came after Donovan slipped up the left side eluding right back Wolfe, who was terribly out of position, played the ball square for young Altidore to slide it in with the inside of his right foot past goalkeeper Ince. It seemed that there was very little communication between stopper Lawrence and Thomas, as Thomas’s sliding tackle was seconds late.

With the score at 1-0 at half-time, T&T was still in with a chance with an improved start at the beginning of the second half. Kenwyn Jones must have left his star rating in England with Sunderland because little was seen of him in the first half and the second half started the same way, as he seemed to be just wandering around the field. He had one shot at goal, which went high and wide after Stern John had faked and allowed the ball to go to him. That was his first and last attempt in ninety minutes.

The T&T team had its best period of the game in the first ten minutes or so after the start of the second half, but really never looked dangerous.

Makan Hislop, whose position is normally at stopper, was a replacement for Anthony Wolfe, but he seemed to be out of his depth in that position as the US forwards and midfielders were constantly getting behind his back. Khaleem Hyland came in as a substitute for Chris Birchall, who was found to be chasing shadows for most of the time he was on the field.

The second US goal again came from a Donovan pass to Altidore, who left stopper Lawrence flat on his back, before slotting the ball past an advancing Ince. I have some sympathy for Ince as he was left to the mercy of the US attackers time and time again. T&T’s other stopper, Thomas, came on the scene after the ball had struck the back of the net.

It seemed all over bar the shouting as the US midfielders - Mastroeni, Bradley and Donovan - had almost the entire middle to themselves. With desperation setting in, Coach Maturana decided on sending in Scotland for Daniel, who had made very little contribution while he was on the field. For the 20 minutes or so that Scotland was on the field, he must have touched the ball on about three occasions, almost as many times as Jones had touched it for the entire game.

To add insult to injury, Altidore got his third goal of a hat-trick in the dying minutes of the game. A chip pass over a square defence found Bradley, who passed square to Donovan, who in turn found Altidore just around the 18-yard box. His not too powerful shot slipped under the body of goalkeeper Ince, who unfortunately made his first error. It was certainly a difficult night for Ince, as in addition to having three goals scored against him due to an inept midfield and blundering defence, he was to get the sad news after the game of his sister’s death.

A lot of work has to be done, but there is time, two months, before the next game - against Costa Rica at home - to fix what needs to be urgently fixed. Captain Dwight Yorke will be back but, as I mentioned in a previous article, his legs will not take him through a hard 90-minute game. He needs help in midfield, and the defence needs a lot of patchwork. I still wonder if there are not better wing-backs in the country to replace those now on the team, and our highly paid strikers need to strike. Right now they seem to be “on strike”.

Desperate times need desperate measures and I look forward to seeing some in the near future if we are to see South Africa in 2010.

I know Mr Warner well enough to feel that some change is going to happen soon.

Footnote: This article was written before the resignation of Coach Maturana and the appointment of Russel Latapy.

By Sedley Joseph, former national footballer
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers on strike?
« Reply #1399 on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:27 AM »

A lot of work has to be done, but there is time, two months, before the next game - against Costa Rica at home -

Wrong Mr. Joseph, the game is not at home. It is at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in far, far, far away Tobago.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers on strike?
« Reply #1400 on: April 29, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »

A lot of work has to be done, but there is time, two months, before the next game - against Costa Rica at home -

Wrong Mr. Joseph, the game is not at home. It is at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in far, far, far away Tobago.... ::)

U have 2 take a boat 2 get dey. Not d water taxi

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA game (01-Apr-2009).
« Reply #1401 on: June 24, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »
Didn't realised that Jozy Altidore could have played for Haiti.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>