March 28, 2024, 09:06:55 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (06-Jun-2009).  (Read 173256 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (06-Jun-2009).
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 06:08:38 AM »
They will never play that game in Tobago
and
They will not bring any games live on local TV

Aye, aye....yuh come like Scrooge at Christmas dey....allow mih to enjoy these few mins of bliss nah.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 06:32:26 AM »
ohmigosh Trini- oh ye of little faith ...
game on ;D
Warriors on the go!!!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
Mods, this thread get lost in the mire ?
Or the next thread with the game in DYS take over ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Any News on Ticket sales for the TT v CR game
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »
anyone with word on how to acquire tickets please post... also need word for warriors in tobago

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any News on Ticket sales for the TT v CR game
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »
anyone with word on how to acquire tickets please post... also need word for warriors in tobago

When I contacted the TTFF they said they would advertise in the usual manner.  However, over in another thread it is stated that special concession would be given to Tobagonians.  My peeps have also stated that word on the street in Tobago is that Tobagonians will be given first preference.....good, I inside.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »
THA to spend $.5m on Costa Rica game
Tobago News

The Tobago House of Assembly (THA) is spending in excess of $.5 million to host the Trinidad and Tobago versus Costa Rica World Cup Football qualifying match at the Dwight Yorke Stadium on June 6.

This was disclosed by Chief Secretary Orville London at last week's Wednesday post Executive Council media briefing.

London further disclosed that the THA had made a formal request to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) to have this match played in Tobago. Additionally, he said, arrangements were being made for Tobagonians to receive special ticket concessions for the game.

TTFF adviser Austin Jack Warner had quoted the admission prices to be $400 for the covered stand and $200 for the open stand.

London said this will be the first time that the Tobago born, international football icon, Dwight Yorke, will be playing at an official international tournament in Tobago at the Stadium built in his honour.

Meanwhile, London disclosed that it will cost $12 million to construct the swimming pool of international standards at Courland. The THA will partner with the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) to provide this pool for Tobagonians. The sod-turning Ceremony to signal the construction of the swimming facility took place last week Tuesday.

Tobago to host World Cup qualifier
Tobago News

History will be created on June 6 as the first ever World Cup qualifier will be hosted at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet. The "Soca Warriors" will face Costa Rica in a crucial encounter which can have a significant bearing on our qualification for South Africa 2010.

Jack Warner, Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), FIFA vice president and CONCACAF president made the announcement as he unveiled plans for the historic event, recently, following negotiations that involved the Tobago Football Association (TFA), the Tobago House of Assembly and Tobago's most famous footballer, Dwight Yorke.

The Tobago House of Assembly is expected to foot the bill for the accommodation of players and officials, transport and security during the game.

Harvey Jack, newly re-elected president of the TFA sees the event as a leveling of the playing field for Tobagonians, who normally would have to incur great expense to show their support for the Soca Warriors when games are hosted in Trinidad.

"Our sports tourism market here in Tobago will also benefit as we anticipate at least four thousand visitors to the island for the event," he noted.

"Seeing our football stars perform up close, I hope would enthuse the talented young footballers who are aspiring for national duty or to make football their livelihood," he noted.

The TFA have been charged with providing liaison officers, ball boys, flag bearers and house announcers for the game which means that we will have an integral role in the event.

However, the Dwight Yorke Stadium has been plagued with several problems within recent months. Among them are a faulty perimeter fencing, an unreliable water supply, faulty PA system, scoreboard and lighting that must be corrected if this event is to be staged successfully. Both the management of the facility and the THA will need to work assiduously if these problems are to be alleviated in time for this historic occasion.

The decision to play in Tobago, it is hoped, will give the "Soca Warriors" an added advantage over their opponent, who is expecting to play at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The National team is expected to arrive on the island well in advance of the game as the foreign based players would be at the end of their English season. Newly appointed coach Russell Latapy is hoping to host a ten-day camp for the team prior to the game. Tobagonians can expect to see not only Dwight Yorke in action, but former Coaching School and Petrotrin standout, Keon Daniel and USA-based Makan Hislop, all Tobago products.

They will be members of the squad that will be travelling to Tobago for the decisive game.

If the response in 2001, for the Under-20 World Cup is any indicator to go by, then a number of spectators might be left disappointed. Inquires have already started for tickets for the 7,500-seater stadium.

Jack said that he would like 5,000 tickets to be made available to the Tobago public for the game.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:25:48 AM by E-man »

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
one positive of having this important game played in the DYS is that the funds will be made available for the necessary upgrade. This can be only good... ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »
I was told dat if u pass by HCS u would c no blue seats no roof.  So I goin and organize meh boot ticket. I was also told that tickets become avialable on 11th May and u collext at DY or MLS. Now we know dem fellas at d TTFF eh d sharpest knife in d draw so Brown/Freak/Doc how mush bago peeps all yuh feel go spend d 200/400. I eh want them to put more tickets at MLS. So post d number.

Leh meh know if meh bago peeps go have 2 collect 4 me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tickets for T&T vs. Costa Rica game
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:51 AM »
Just heard on the I95.5 fm that tickets go on sale from May 11th to 22nd.  The ad said to call 800-FANS or go online to book your ticket.  I checked the TTFF's website but there's nothing there. I'll call around 8 - 8:30 to get more details/info.

Edit:

The ad said to call or go online "now"....steups, the English language is a funny thing yes...

You call or go online and order in the usual manner from Monday May 11th until 22nd (not "now").  Also, the gentleman I spoke with said he is not aware of any attempt by the TTFF to hold a certain number of tickets for Tobagonians....first come, first served...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:33:05 AM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tickets for T&T vs. Costa Rica game
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »
2day is d 4th so u have 2 call d 11th. U expext peeps 2 answer u. Is a week away and is d TTFF u dealin wit.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 12:32:08 PM »
peeps ah hope allyuh get allyuh ferry and plane tickets already.

i went down to the port for meh ferry tickets on monday (yes brian ah know ah move late) and after i spend more than an hour in d line d girl tell me they have no tickets available to go the saturday 6th june, she take a deep breath, watch meh attire and then proceed to write down the dates and number of tickets i requested, walk to d backoffice, put d paper on somebody desk, come back to she lil sales post and proceeded to print out meh tickets.

so u tell me what happen dey?
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »

i went down to the port for meh ferry tickets on monday (yes brian ah know ah move late) and after i spend more than an hour in d line d girl tell me they have no tickets available to go the saturday 6th june, she take a deep breath, watch meh attire and then proceed to write down the dates and number of tickets i requested, walk to d backoffice, put d paper on somebody desk, come back to she lil sales post and proceeded to print out meh tickets.

Girl I have gone to the Port in the past only to be told that the particular date was sold out.  One phone call to mih peeps in Tobago and dey just waltz een the office in Scarborough, go up to the counter normal, normal and waltz out with mih ticket....go figure... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »

Daz a real good question.

I real interested to know wha you tell/ask she so to make she go in de back office in de fuss place!!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »

Girl I have gone to the Port in the past only to be told that the particular date was sold out.  One phone call to mih peeps in Tobago and dey just waltz een the office in Scarborough, go up to the counter normal, normal and waltz out with mih ticket....go figure... :-\

My understanding when I used it last is they allocate a certain number of tickets to each ticket office - there is, or was, no real time ticketing system. So the office at the ferry might be sold out while Sando still has, etc.
Maybe the lady called another office and took an allocation from them.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »

My understanding when I used it last is they allocate a certain number of tickets to each ticket office - there is, or was, no real time ticketing system. So the office at the ferry might be sold out while Sando still has, etc.
Maybe the lady called another office and took an allocation from them.

:thinking:
Come to think of it, ah feel yuh right....is just that in the past, was it was a matter of who yuh know and who know yuh was the order of the day to get a ticket.....but ah think things have improved a lot since those days, so there may not be any "conspiracy" after all.  They just need to complete the reservations system to make it more accessible e.g. make it possible to order tickets on line or through a call centre like with the airlines.  And make it so that you don't have to go to the Ferry Office in POS or Scarborough IF you have are taking a vehicle on the ferry as is the case now....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
the ferry should do some expanded services like the water taxi did for carnival

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 02:04:46 PM »
ferry ticket booked!
going friday and comin back monday...looking forward to a nice tobago weekend
Back in Trini...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »
Magicians reserved flight from Sat to Monday

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
Magicians reserved flight from Sat to Monday

Big shot Magicians and Eman correck

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
I will be there from Friday to Sunday

All I need now is meh ticket
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
Check meh port contact no tickets avialable on the system. So my advice check TTpost I know Chaguanas and carlton centre does sell not sure bout d East location.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »
Carlton Center had tickets up till today for the friday..dunno bout the saturday though
Back in Trini...

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »
Went yesterday at PATT POS Terminal and booked wifey and myself and de ride to go Friday ret Sunday on fast ferry.
I hear Tobago still have tickets though.
Just need de match tickets now. Hope no shit with TTFF and dem lil bit of tickets
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
So ah come home and readin how tickets seem to be a scarce commodity so I immediately ran to de Mall (Trincity) and low and behold at the TTPOST, I was able to get a ticket. Friday only. Saturday is out of de question. See everyone there.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 07:05:00 AM »
Anybody was able to order their tickets yet....800-FANS busy about 3 mins now...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 07:08:20 AM »
Anybody was able to order their tickets yet....800-FANS busy about 3 mins now...

My peeps does do d online ting I told her 2 call me once she get through. Keep at it girl dey eh want we 2 picket TTFF office

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 07:10:17 AM »
I just reserved my tickets online. There is a limit of 2 per customer!!
And you have to pick up your tickets in Trinidad!....I guess Tobago peeps will still have to end up making the trek to T'dad after all ..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:01 AM »

My peeps does do d online ting I told her 2 call me once she get through. Keep at it girl dey eh want we 2 picket TTFF office

I have always been wary of using mih Credit Card on TTFF's website, but that constant busy tone drove to the website.  Lo and behold ah didn't have to use mih credit card...so ah have mih order all printed and thing in case ah have to burn some tires by Centre of Excellence on 23rd May.

I ordered an extra ticket just in case....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:44 AM »
I just reserved my tickets online. There is a limit of 2 per customer!!
And you have to pick up your tickets in Trinidad!....I guess Tobago peeps will still have to end up making the trek to T'dad after all ..

No.  You are offered a choice of pick up of either Trinidad OR Tobago....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 07:22:26 AM »
Booked .....pick up in Trinidad.

1]; } ?>