March 28, 2024, 07:26:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (06-Jun-2009).  (Read 173312 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latas Right Back = Carlos Edwards - Case Closed
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
nice pardner.....aklie edwards on d izquierda.....carlos edwards on derecha......costa rica and mexico loving you rite now.

Aklie Edwards is suspended for the Costa Rica game....thank you lord!!

Amen
Awomen
Achirren
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Latas Right Back = Carlos Edwards - Case Closed
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2009, 06:18:05 PM »
nice pardner.....aklie edwards on d izquierda.....carlos edwards on derecha......costa rica and mexico loving you rite now.

Aklie Edwards is suspended for the Costa Rica game....thank you lord!!

lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tickets for T&T vs. Costa Rica game
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
allyuh, i need help. i had to work today an only reached down at d marvin lee to hear dem tell me dey cut off collecting time since one o clock. as far as i knew, dey said 9 to 5 o clock.  i reached about half three to get my tix.. what is d nex step? i desperate here.  >:(

That is realllllllllllll nonesense.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »
I pulling out of the trip. I play the fool and eh book my transport early. Steups.

I sit down the Larry Gomes tonight watching Jabloteh play Petrotin and Ralfie boasting he going on a plane for the first time in he life.People ketching kicks on him an ting. De ting is he holding his match ticket and his flight booking in a plastic and walking all over the stadium with it in his hand.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2009, 09:33:49 PM »
I pulling out of the trip. I play the fool and eh book my transport early. Steups.

I sit down the Larry Gomes tonight watching Jabloteh play Petrotin and Ralfie boasting he going on a plane for the first time in he life.People ketching kicks on him an ting. De ting is he holding his match ticket and his flight booking in a plastic and walking all over the stadium with it in his hand.

Jah once there is a will there is a way doh give up

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (06-Jun-2009).
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »
Big Mag and I and 2 family friends went the Connection vs J.public (2-2) Kerry Baptiste scored both for Public and seems to be enjoying his striker role...

We sat with the legend...(latas..if yuh didnt know already)

Obviously I cant reveal anything

Then we went over to the Jab vs Petro game(1-1 Dwarika with a sweet volley and Marvin Oliver after good work by Atullah Guerra to set him up)... Latas sat with Vranes and others for that one.. but behind my seat was Legend 14 Stern John..he have a back spasm but he's confident he will be fine... Also Scotty and a couple others from the team were there.

Now this was the second game and Nigel Daniel was tops...and he was playing LB..  Everyone around was like why this man not on the National team?  Remember he got a bad knee injury i think last year so.. but he fit, intelligent, aggressive, and can attack and defend very well..

So if Latas was as impressed as everyone else...then N.Daniel may get a call up?

Petrotrin change formation alot... Cyd played RB for about 40 mins and looked Solid..then he played a roaming CDM ...he needs some match fitness still but he was not easy to pass...and the blade not dull.. LEGEND

Guerra was good but his attitude is poor...he also has a hot temper... he elbowed i think Nigel Daniel in the 1st half.. should have been a red but got a yellow...and they had about 2 handbags sessions and he was in the thick of things... One CR or Mexico player give him talk he will lash out.. no doubt about it

Pro League level was very decent today... Connection being the poorest of the 4 and Jabloteh and Petrotrin being the top teams in Overall ability... Public are dangerous as well
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:23:17 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2009, 05:34:35 AM »
When is the team going to Tobago??....I thought they were leaving on Saturday?
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2009, 05:43:13 AM »

Acutally Jah, I have a friend who up to Thursday gone didn't have boat, plane or game ticket.  She got a game ticket but still eh have no transport to and from Tobago....
Then again, she is used to doing that kinda thing....but I wouldn't give up totally if I were u....

Did you collect your game ticket anyway??....u could get that sold if you don't make it with no problem...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2009, 06:07:00 AM »

Whappen to you ahtall? It still have flights available. http://www.caribbean-airlines.com/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2009, 07:13:15 AM »

Acutally Jah, I have a friend who up to Thursday gone didn't have boat, plane or game ticket.  She got a game ticket but still eh have no transport to and from Tobago....
Then again, she is used to doing that kinda thing....but I wouldn't give up totally if I were u....

Did you collect your game ticket anyway??....u could get that sold if you don't make it with no problem...

I didn't collect the game ticket . The only flight I was getting was from the Thursday returning on the the Monday morning. I'm now checking Tallman's link- trying to contact C.A. to verify.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2009, 07:26:37 AM »
It's for real I made a booking. Gone Saturday back on the Sunday.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2009, 07:42:09 AM »
It's for real I made a booking. Gone Saturday back on the Sunday.

Yea they opened up two flights on d 737 on sat and sun to accomodate the elevated travel, so all of a sudden is nuff seats available. Ah find dey does wait till d last minute to open flights though.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline blurpleen3630

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »
ye i was wondering d same ting n dey first training session supposed to be tday or sumting like dat??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2009, 01:31:24 PM »

No it was sunday. As 2 what time sunday ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
OK peeps who did not collect tickets call 800-fans monday morning. Let us know what happen please.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2009, 07:50:21 AM »
well they take yuh info and say they will call you back later. I wasn't around this weekend so couldn't collect the tickets...But I going to call back after lunch to see what they decided to do. Seems with them cutting off the time early lots of pple didnt get tickets
Back in Trini...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2009, 10:25:39 AM »
well they take yuh info and say they will call you back later. I wasn't around this weekend so couldn't collect the tickets...But I going to call back after lunch to see what they decided to do. Seems with them cutting off the time early lots of pple didnt get tickets

Collected mine on Saturday but out of sheer curiousity I called 800-FANS this morning to hear what the explanation would have been for peeps like Warrior Queen who didn't get their tix.  The lady said that she could say anything until the "higher authorities" came in.  This was around 8:30 am.  My advice to peeps who didn't get their tickets is to go down by the TTFF office.  They could avoid yuh via phone but not if yuh there in person...steups real shit.

Also, after hitting the redial button for 4 hours on 635-BALL I finally got some tix for some Tobago peeps....sorry guys they are taken already....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »

Collected mine on Saturday but out of sheer curiousity I called 800-FANS this morning to hear what the explanation would have been for peeps like Warrior Queen who didn't get their tix.  The lady said that she could say anything until the "higher authorities" came in.  This was around 8:30 am.  My advice to peeps who didn't get their tickets is to go down by the TTFF office.  They could avoid yuh via phone but not if yuh there in person...steups real shit.

Also, after hitting the redial button for 4 hours on 635-BALL I finally got some tix for some Tobago peeps....sorry guys they are taken already....

Breach of contract u had until 5 pm d bar code said so. Nobody eh email yuh 2 tell yuh d time change. I would b by d TTFF office.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »
I went to TTFF, I had to pull some strings to get tickets cause I didn't get through with the online thing but I wanted two more and they say all gone. Nothing left from this weekend.

You know what i figure happen? The whole of Tobago probably calling dwight to get them in free so since he land, he probably tell jack he need the rest of the tickets, charge it to his account or whatever and that's it for whatever was left from the weekend batch there.

Cause my strings was high up and to fight me down for two more, that i paying for hadda be that they booked up elsewhere for real. We might get on the day...and I sure it have ways to storm. The ppl at the gate from Bago most likely, right? And the cleaners and vendors and all of them other auxiliary staff...so it have to bea way to get in, man.

P.S. I pretty sure I see the papers saying 9 to 1 to collect tickets this weekend eh...even if the ticket say otherwise.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
like dey call some people and tell dem about the time change. 2 of my friends get call.
it had an ad though in friday's newsday to pick up between 9am and 1pm.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:47 AM »
I went to TTFF, I had to pull some strings to get tickets cause I didn't get through with the online thing but I wanted two more and they say all gone. Nothing left from this weekend.

You know what i figure happen? The whole of Tobago probably calling dwight to get them in free so since he land, he probably tell jack he need the rest of the tickets, charge it to his account or whatever and that's it for whatever was left from the weekend batch there.

Cause my strings was high up and to fight me down for two more, that i paying for hadda be that they booked up elsewhere for real. We might get on the day...and I sure it have ways to storm. The ppl at the gate from Bago most likely, right? And the cleaners and vendors and all of them other auxiliary staff...so it have to bea way to get in, man.

P.S. I pretty sure I see the papers saying 9 to 1 to collect tickets this weekend eh...even if the ticket say otherwise.

So I book on line u confirm on line. I buyin since d England game and because I eh c friday papers I salt. Dat cyah b right

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:42 AM »

Dey had ah right to e-mail people who ordered online, informing dem of de time change.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »
Is d TTFF we talking about here, or allyuh fuhget! They doh give a flying fig about none of we...the papers thing is just so they could cover themselves legally and nobody cah sue them.

That's why I point it out, not because they correct in what they do.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Costa Rican Clubs Snub National Team Coach
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »
Costa Rican Clubs Snub National Team Coach; Bradley Names U.S. Training Roster
By JACK BELL
NY times

A little more than a week before Costa Rica hosts the United States in a World Cup qualifying match, the two clubs involved in the Costa Rican finals have declined to release their players. Coach Rodrigo Kenton has named 25 players to his roster for a training camp that is scheduled to start on Monday, which is in the middle of the home-and-home series.

The roster includes six players from the two teams — C.S. Herediano and Municipal Liberia Mía — who are involved in an already delayed series for the Torneo de Verano championship of Costa Rica’s top league.

Costa Rica is scheduled to play the visiting United States in its capital, San José, on June 3. After three matches in the six-nation final round of qualifying in the Concacaf region for three automatic spots in next summer’s World Cup in South Africa, the United States (2-0-1), in first place with 7 points, leads Costa Rica (2-1-0) by 1 point.

The start of finals of the Costa Rican championship, which was scheduled for Friday in Liberia’s Estadio Edgardo Baltodano Briceño, was delayed because of a protest filed by Deportivo Saprissa. Saprissa, perhaps the most successful club team in Costa Rica, alleged that Liberia played in the second leg of its semifinal series against Saprissa (won by Liberia, 2-1, on aggregate after a 1-0 win away in San José) with players who carried too many yellow cards.

The Costa Rican federation dismissed the claim, but delayed Friday’s match. The finals are now scheduled to be played Sunday in Liberia, which is in the western part of the country. The return match in Heredia, which is about 6 miles north of the capital, will be played Wednesday in Herediano’s Estadio Eladio Rosabal Cordero.

Kenton has named four Herediano and two Liberia players to his roster for the match against the United States. (In addition, he called Gonzalo Segares, a defender for Chicago of Major League Soccer, who is expected to travel to Costa Rica after Sunday’s match against the Red Bulls in East Rutherford, N.J.)

From Herediano, Kenton called goalkeeper Ricardo Gonzalez, defender Dennis Marshall, and forwards Andy Furtado and Andy Herron (who has played in M.L.S. for Chicago and Columbus). The players from Liberia are defenders Esteban Sirias and Harold Wallace.

United States Coach Bob Bradley named his 24-man training camp roster on Sunday ahead of the games against Costa Rica and Honduras (in Chicago on June 6).

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Costa Rican Clubs Snub National Team Coach
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »
So we gettin to play Costa Rica after a (hopefully) bruising encounter with the US? I feel we hadda go and play some pan and tassa outised whatever hotel they staying in, in Tobago. In fact, better yet...let them stay in Trinidad cause they might 4get the game change, then let them take the fast ferry over the morning of the game when they get to the HCS and see it closed. We will tell them we can't arrange a private jet cause the tobago airport too small or somethign so, so they have to take the boat over.

That not too hard to arrange, I sure them kinda mistakes is happen for real when you dealing with our local carriers. And plenty foreigners doh know that Trinidad and Tobago is two islands...they might feel they could stay in Trinidad and jump on a bus the morning of the game.

I remember the S. African cricket team had book to stay in Tobago for Cricket World Cup and we had to inform them of the difference.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
I hear that All Sports doing a charter to Tobago, plane leaving Trinidad early afternoon on Saturday and leaving 'bago around 11 o'clock in the night. Cost $380 airfare plus the cost of your ticket - they getting that for you. So anybody who's interested could give them a call to verify this info.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
I hear that All Sports doing a charter to Tobago, plane leaving Trinidad early afternoon on Saturday and leaving 'bago around 11 o'clock in the night. Cost $380 airfare plus the cost of your ticket - they getting that for you. So anybody who's interested could give them a call to verify this info.

D same ticket that sold out LOUDEST OF STEUPS

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »
Is d TTFF we talking about here, or allyuh fuhget! They doh give a flying fig about none of we...the papers thing is just so they could cover themselves legally and nobody cah sue them.

That's why I point it out, not because they correct in what they do.

WE KNOW DEY EH CARE BECAUSE WE CONTINUE 2 SUPPORT D TEAM

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
peeps, if allyuh kno of anyone who sellin dey uncovered ticket, let me kno PLEASE!!!! PM or something. thanks
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »
peeps, if allyuh kno of anyone who sellin dey uncovered ticket, let me kno PLEASE!!!! PM or something. thanks

Girl ah eh know what to tell yuh....all de ones I have taken... :(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>