April 20, 2024, 06:11:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (06-Jun-2009).  (Read 175032 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing T&T vs Costa Rica
« Reply #510 on: June 05, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »
I hope Jamaica can do Better in their WCQ matches :devil:

Of course and b4 d game d anthem words will b shown on d telepromter 4 d Brits.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 05, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »
anybody have an idea of the starting line up?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (06-Jun-2009).
« Reply #512 on: June 05, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »
I don't know if Hyland will play today, but I believe that the real key to a TT victory is a player/players who can turn the game on its head.

Daniel, Hyland, JOnes, Carlos, Scotland are such players.

I haven't seen a lot of Baptiste or Tinto, so I won't talk about them.

Anybody noticed how for about 60 mnts we had El Salv. looking like they were the visitors. It was becz of the way Jones, Carlos etc simply bamboozled them.

This was sorely missing in the US game. NOBODY tackles Carlos when he is coming down the right side. They are too afraid of inducing a FK or penalty.

Kj, seems to have lost his edge, perhaps he'll have it today. If the El. Salv KJ shows up that will be great.
However, we sorely need some flair to get something going. So I am a little sorry Latas is not in the mix.

I would be really surprised if Hyland played under the circumstances. More is the pity, becz we really need him.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 05, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
Nice comments vb, ah get a nice feeling digesting your insights.
Guess what, have no fear, Latas will give Hyland a run. Remember is de same Hyland who delivered with a last gasp goal when Latas hit him a laser rocket trapped on his chest to his in the dying minutes of the Honduras game.

Remember?
Big up.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »
dreintel,
           like somebody said in another thread that Latas keeping he cards close to his chest.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #515 on: June 05, 2009, 08:47:03 PM »
All KJ needed was a rest - he coming out w/ all guns blazing 2mrw... trust me.if u really check it, after the man get a little time off to rest his muscles he always comes thru and destroys the opposing defence.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 05, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »
anyone know of any bars in the Toronto area thats showing the game ?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »
All KJ needed was a rest - he coming out w/ all guns blazing 2mrw... trust me.if u really check it, after the man get a little time off to rest his muscles he always comes thru and destroys the opposing defence.

Hope yuh right, Iceman.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:58 PM »
Long AGOOOO in Tobago!!!!!!

:challenge:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »
 :nailbiting:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 05, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »
I have ah feeling hayden tinto will start this game on the left wing and keon as an offensive mid.
this is who i feel will start.
                    ince

carlos          lawrence        avery john             

dog andrews/kenyo

cornell     hyland/bleeder      yorke       tinto

daniel

kenwyne.

ah just feel that tinto might suprise ppl in the morrows.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 05, 2009, 10:38:58 PM »
Long AGOOOO in Tobago!!!!!!

:challenge:
as de wcq's are every four years, wha bout
4 long years AGOOOO in Tobago!!!!!!
we did buss de skin ah Costa Rica

;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline riodano1510

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:55 PM »
ANYBODY KNOW ANY BARS IN NY BRINGING THE GAME???
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
WE BEATING COSTA RICA...
« Reply #523 on: June 06, 2009, 03:15:47 AM »
Today...
In Tobago...
On TV...
Online Stream...
On De Radio...

Even in we dreams....

Yes BM ah think this deserve it's own thread for today...You are not alone...leh we hear the chant...

WE BEATING COSTA RICA :wavetowel:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WE BEATING COSTA RICA...
« Reply #524 on: June 06, 2009, 03:19:13 AM »
wheyyy sah..ah now jus dream we beat dem 2 nill...

WE BEATING COSTA RICA
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Trini/Aussie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: June 06, 2009, 03:54:59 AM »
Good Luck T&T...put 3 on them...cheers.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 06, 2009, 06:46:08 AM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA! © Big Mag. All rights reserved.

:wavetowel:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:01:29 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Corbeaux

« Reply #529 on: June 06, 2009, 07:20:32 AM »
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1616/concacaf/2009/06/05/1308065/world-cup-qualifying-preview-trinidad-tobago-vs-costa-rica
World Cup Qualifying Preview: Trinidad & Tobago vs. Costa Rica
Fresh off of running through the United States Costa Rica will face a tough road test in Bacolet, Tobago on Saturday.
Jun 5, 2009 6:18:45 PM
Stern John- Trinidad & Tobago (Mexsport)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Stern John- Trinidad & Tobago (Mexsport)
Related Links
Teams

* Costa Rica
    * Trinidad & Tobago

Costa Rica may have trashed the United States on Wednesday, but Saturday’s match against Trinidad and Tobago is a whole new challenge, and the Costa Ricans will need to continue their fine form to walk away with a win. The Soca Warriors are in desperate need of a win as they currently sit bottom of the table, and a home stand against the team at the top of the table would be a big boost to Trinidad’s hopes of reaching South Africa.

Road Warriors:

The road is a scary place in CONCACAF. Ten games into the Hexagonal round, only three points have been collected by road teams, and the group leaders have yet to earn a single point away from Estadio Ricardo Saprissa.

Dwight Yorke Stadium will be a much more hostile environment for the Ticos than the Monster’s Cave was on Wednesday, but that’s not the only thing working against Costa Rica. Much like the U.S., the Costa Ricans have the disadvantage of playing their second match in four days against a team that should be much fresher. Unlike the U.S. the Ticos are riding a nice wave of momentum after putting on a clinic on their home turf.

Another quality outing could have Costa Rica costing into the final half of the Hex with as much as five point lead on their next closest competitors.

In Need Of A Win:

The equation heading into Saturday is fairly simple for T&T. They need a win, and they need it badly. With only two points from three matches T&T is chasing the pack. A draw against Costa Rica would not be horrible, but with the trouble the Soca Warriors have had on the road it would be a missed opportunity to close the gap on the group’s top four teams.

In their last home match T&T fought out a tough 1-1 draw against a very strong Honduras side. That draw was a snatch and grab job with T&T coming up with an equalizer in the late going, but on the whole they proved to be a very tough side to break down.

The Soca Warriors have some monsters up front with Kenwyne Jones, and Jason Scotland, but will be without the injured Stern John. The team should be bolstered by the return of midfield ace Dwight Yorke after his four match ban was cut in half by FIFA.

Trinidad & Tobago: Carlos Edwards. Edwards is a quality player with plenty of pace to run the right flank all night long. Costa Rica killed the U.S. with attacks up the wings and it will be up to Edwards to slow down the Ticos attack and provide quality service for his three massive strikers.

Costa Rica: Alvaro Saborio. The 27-year-old’s goal against the U.S. was pure class and he was an absolute menace throughout the match. Trinidad’s back line will have their hands full with Costa Rica’s quick passing attack, and Saborio has proven he cannot be given time to pick his shot.

Goal.com Prediction: Trinidad has plenty of talent to make this a good game, but the Costa Ricans will understand how good a position they can be in with a win in this match. Trinidad & Tobago 1-2 Costa Rica

Allen Ramsey, Goal.com

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 06, 2009, 07:55:46 AM »
Licks getting ready to pass fuh swine flu today. ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:07:47 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
my prediction of the game..
« Reply #531 on: June 06, 2009, 08:51:48 AM »
goalkeeper blunders ,start jan michael for this game ince is going to get rel goals .drop him bring inn Troy marquis for 3rd string atleast then make him show he skillz
bajanscout

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2009, 08:58:46 AM »
http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2006/fighter.htm
VOLUME!!!!!!!

go out there an buss CR arse!!!!!!!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: my prediction of the game..
« Reply #533 on: June 06, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »
COSTA RICA 3 TRINIDAD 1
bajanscout

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 06, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »
Youree
dais you?
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 06, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »
Bajee why yuh hatin so?  :rotfl: Fuh that yuh perditions will turn in favor of the Soca Worriers. We will make yuh cry today.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 06, 2009, 09:18:32 AM »
Nuff people on de boat heading to Bago. Vibes it up!  :wavetowel: :challenge: :nailbiting:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 06, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
Licks getting ready to pass fuh swine flu today. ;D
But who will be sharing it? i want nothing else but good fortune for the team, and a positive attitude to go along wid it. i also hope we beat every one in the hex, but the truth iz, we did not prepare for this hex the way we should've.

from the blacklist, tuh fights between the TTFF and the ministry of sports, wim and the federation going @ it , court procedures, ah mad clueless head coach in maturana, and his experimentation for 15 months, the exclusion of many players, just games games games right through!!

now we have not had ah good international since england wid the same core of players, while the likes of mexico and costa rica had been playing tip top opposition.

now i doh want tuh be the dull bulb in the room , but i cyar be the optimist like nuff ah allyuh wid allyuh mantras and what not, we failed to do our ground work, and now we looking for miracles! and wishful thinking is the order of the day.

doh get me wrong ppl, i too hoping we win, but i woulda rather know we had the proper preperation under we belt and the right things in place tuh deal wid this difficult processes of qualifying.

the old folks had a saying "if yuh fail tuh prepare, prepare tuh fail", and i didn't see any kinda ah preperation since austria 2006!

all i could say now is, time is opon us, and we not in the best of shape. i hope latas could save the campaign, but i not holding meh breath. jack warner! yuhs is ah parisite on we football! that's for sure.  good luck russell. ah wish yuh all the best on yuh debut! give them hell warriors, and show the world why they call yuhs the warriors.                      positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 06, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »
Barbados eh playin some sport some where that yuh could predict on instead of spredin negative vibes out here?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:37:05 AM by fatimarima »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 06, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »
With the exception of the haitians, it does have all kinda caribbean a$$holes who like tuh come on the site and bad vibes it up. why yuh doh grow up yuh crow eating bastard!

1]; } ?>