April 26, 2024, 01:52:51 PM

Author Topic: T&T lose it late to Grenada  (Read 26043 times)

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T lose it late to Grenada
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 06:57:30 AM »
hold on - grenada roll in with a player coach and show more fight than us dread?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 06:58:43 AM »
i figure it out ,men saying ,we doh have a god given rite to beat these teams  ???,this is the reason Muturanna mediocrity ,is acceptable.PPl doh know what they talking about ,we have to beat all these teams
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:43:30 AM by Quagmire »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Play for the "WHISTLE"
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 07:51:46 AM »
Yet again we have lost a match in the closing stages,I can recall many such instances from the top of my head
why do we lose concentration in the closing stages.Results like these seems to say that we are not capable of playing for more than 90 minutes or our attitude in such matches are not right.When we are winning all seems to be OK but we always seem incapable of holding on.Judging by reports we should have beaten Grenada by at least 2  clear goals so I cannot see how that is Mats fault,the fact is we could have gone in at half time leading 3-1,that is not the coach's fault.In view of Jams lack-lustre affair and lucky draw with Bim do we think that our result was all that bad,the fact is the gap is closing fast on TT and Jam and we dont have a "God given right " to beat everybody all de time.TTs main problem seems to be a lack of "mental fortitude" that is one of the reasons people always put one over on us in the dying stages,de coach could talk to dem till he Afro fall off,if they cyah play for more than 90 minutes when required then we will always let in late,late goals. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

And therein lies the problem. We have seen that the team lose concentration to the end of a game, so as the coach you COACH this part of the game in PRACTICE. The coach is responsible for he manner in which the team play. If the coach not responsible then what is the reason for having a coach?

You practice as you play so that you play what you practice.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 07:54:49 AM »
If we don't qualify for de Gold Cup some drastic changes need to be made.  Last year Wim took us to the Gold Cup with a local squad.  If Maturana can't duplicate that then fire his ass.  I was willing to wait until two games into the hex before calling for him to be fired but to me not making the Gold Cup is unacceptable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 07:56:07 AM »
Watch the coach body language in that video clip. Hunched over, uninvolved, no confidence, no emotions. You ever see timarie (sp) after a good rain fall?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 08:09:21 AM »
Why is it so Hard to pick

--------Phillip--

Gray--Julias--Thomas--Avery

Hyland--Whitley--Leon--Wolfe
-----------Daniel
-----------Glenn

and i only picking that side and formation cuz of the squad chosen
Small mag yuh dun know is 2 doggone dummies running the football @ the moment, i can't believe is used to stand up for that clueless facker pancho.

to sit avery and cyd no matter how wild they are for power and aklie is share and utter incompetance, cluelessness and extreem madness.

sean power is ah big bum, and aklie is ah force ripe mango, the boy need more time on the tree to ripe.

the conventional way i know how players are bled is to play yuh best team and when they're blowing out the opposition yuh sub yuh most valued players for fear of injury , then yuh bring in yuh rookies for the last 15 mins to cap them and give them some experience. but this is ah first , yuh play yuh worst players first and leave yuh stallwarts on the bench.

corneal,(alvin & anton) jackn camps and pancho please f@ck off and leave we football to more sensable capable minds!!!!!!

While you may quible about the younger or less experienced defenders who could be selected to play but how does playing Cyd and Avery in a tournament of secondary importance to the World Cup qualifiers enable us give experience to young players at a higher level than the PFL?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »
Why is it so Hard to pick

--------Phillip--

Gray--Julias--Thomas--Avery

Hyland--Whitley--Leon--Wolfe
-----------Daniel
-----------Glenn

and i only picking that side and formation cuz of the squad chosen
Small mag yuh dun know is 2 doggone dummies running the football @ the moment, i can't believe is used to stand up for that clueless facker pancho.

to sit avery and cyd no matter how wild they are for power and aklie is share and utter incompetance, cluelessness and extreem madness.

sean power is ah big bum, and aklie is ah force ripe mango, the boy need more time on the tree to ripe.

the conventional way i know how players are bled is to play yuh best team and when they're blowing out the opposition yuh sub yuh most valued players for fear of injury , then yuh bring in yuh rookies for the last 15 mins to cap them and give them some experience. but this is ah first , yuh play yuh worst players first and leave yuh stallwarts on the bench.

corneal,(alvin & anton) jackn camps and pancho please f@ck off and leave we football to more sensable capable minds!!!!!!

While you may quible about the younger or less experienced defenders who could be selected to play but how does playing Cyd and Avery in a tournament of secondary importance to the World Cup qualifiers enable us give experience to young players at a higher level than the PFL?

No problem with this logic. But come out and tell the public that is your intention for this tournament. Let the supporters know what you are planning. Then man would so ok, do yuh business.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:53 AM »
I all 4 development but when everybody watchin d GC on tv who go b developin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »

great point!!! besides, edwards and some of these players are currently playing WC qualifiers so how is it they now trying to get "experience"?  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »
These guys had serious problems with putting passses together and finishing they wasted atleast 3 good chances . Maturana has his work cut out for the rest of matches!

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »
i think we should pay Jamaica ah piece of money and bring in Barnes...did some good work with JA in the closing stages.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
i think we should pay Jamaica ah piece of money and bring in Barnes...did some good work with JA in the closing stages.

Think good before yuh talk this talk. Barnes only now take over the Jamaican team. After the Brazilian got fired it was Tappa who handled the team for the last three games.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »
i think we lost the game because we entire defense was on the bench! WTF is going on with this facking coach! i keep saying is the blind leading us! what the fack!  
All American

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2008, 09:19:27 AM »
He here since feb and dey cyah pass d ball so what is thu in JA miracle day dat it go happen 2day b4 d game 2morrow. Not 2 mention it is a recovery day. Now d fact dat dey reach d NT and cyah pass eh Mats fault but what has he done since he reach
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »

great point!!! besides, edwards and some of these players are currently playing WC qualifiers so how is it they now trying to get "experience"?  :beermug:

But when should they be blooded. If we keep saying that we can't play them in the digicel because we have to qualify or for the Gold Cup. Then we will always be in the situation as we are in now in the really important WC qualifiers that we are having to rely on an increasingly older squad because there are no ready replacements you have the required experience. In the last World Cup we have the squad with the oldest average. And most of the key people in our squad are the same. Would you prefer Qualifing for the Gold Cup and still having to ask Tallest, Cyd and Avery to still make up our defense in the next WC qualifiers after South Africa?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
D blacklist kill d blooded argument after the WC d plan was a mix of young wit old JW screw dat up. Wim had a local team for Digicup last yr dat crew from strength 2 strength made d final and lost 2 Haiti. That was jan 07 fastforward dec 07 Wim get fired d dentist arrive in feb. Where d players use in d GC they gone wit him now we have d jokey coach wit a jokey team.

Dem fellas eh ready for no WC and since WC is JW cash cow d senior men was return wit makin money for JW. So if we make d WC peeps go ask we if we feel is d retirees WC but that ok. Hopefully in 2010 after d WC we will not have a replay of 06 and dem greenhorns go b ready for 2014

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »

But when should they be blooded. If we keep saying that we can't play them in the digicel because we have to qualify or for the Gold Cup. Then we will always be in the situation as we are in now in the really important WC qualifiers that we are having to rely on an increasingly older squad because there are no ready replacements you have the required experience. In the last World Cup we have the squad with the oldest average. And most of the key people in our squad are the same. Would you prefer Qualifing for the Gold Cup and still having to ask Tallest, Cyd and Avery to still make up our defense in the next WC qualifiers after South Africa?
Blooding is not the problem ,this staff just blooding the wrong players ,and to make it worst yet they playing them all at the same time.Plus when they find a player they like ,they stick with them even if the player benching or out of form .

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2008, 10:06:44 AM »
Anybody know what the tiebreaker will be if T&T, Jamaica and Grenada all end up on 6 points?  I know that's a BIG IF but just curious

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 10:08:10 AM »
If we don't qualify for de Gold Cup some drastic changes need to be made.  Last year Wim took us to the Gold Cup with a local squad.  If Maturana can't duplicate that then fire his ass.  I was willing to wait until two games into the hex before calling for him to be fired but to me not making the Gold Cup is unacceptable.

Jack is not firing Dumbtist because in his optimal wisdom we fighting for the 1/2 place in the HEX and then he will look like a genious because we will be facing Ecuador, Columbia, or Uruguay with a South American coach who know these teams and how to beat them.

But Jack's optimal wisdom did not cater for the Dumbtist being so dumb that he might not even get us to 5th place in the HEX far less qualify for the Gold Cup........Grenada cut we arse? LAAAAAARRRRDD!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2008, 10:11:40 AM »

Trinidad & Tobago Starting XI
Back Row (left to right): Makan Hislop, Keyeno Thomas, Aklie Edwards, Marvin Phillip, Seon Power, Keon Daniel
Front Row (left to right): Clyde Leon, Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Khaleem Hyland

T&T‘s Khaleem Hyland prepares to challenge Grenada‘s Ricky Charles

T&T‘s goalkeeper Marvin Phillip makes a strong challenge on Grenada‘s Kithson Bain

T&T‘s goal keeper Marvin Phillip makes a splendid save as Grenada attempt to seal their victory
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:31:24 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »
You mean a side with Akie Edwards, unattached Aurtis Whitley, and oft-injured, over-the-hill Cornell Glen lost? You must be getting on...

Oh, and Glad to see McFarlane did soooo well, ent Palos ?   ::)
Hart for president

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »
If i just had to go on appearance, that team looking like a bunch of school boys.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 10:17:58 AM »
You mean a side with Akie Edwards, unattached Aurtis Whitley, and oft-injured, over-the-hill Cornell Glen lost? You must be getting on...

Oh, and Glad to see McFarlane did soooo well, ent Palos ?   ::)

WTF you callin my name oir McFarlane own fuh dat matter for sah?   Yuh is a kinda ass or wha?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:19:41 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »
Saltan thanks I understand d reason now thanks 4 clearin dat up

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
oh my god look at no.17 and 19 ,somebody buy them guys some beef patty and coco bred fast jah .
most likely tallman but anybody could fill een names for me ,am losing track after 68 players .

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »
You not the one calling for these fools to be in the lineup, talking about how other players not called up wouldnt necessarily be better?
Hart for president

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »
I still feal dat our under 20 should have play in this tournament instead of this pick up side. Anyway I aint loosing no sleep over this gold cup qualifier tournament
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
u know ah d plan 2 block all mi jamaican friends on msn cause ah know wat was coming after last nite's lost but ah say ah go take mi picong as ah man.

sigh.

so armmmmmm who we blaming now?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »
u know ah d plan 2 block all mi jamaican friends on msn cause ah know wat was coming after last nite's lost but ah say ah go take mi picong as ah man.

sigh.

so armmmmmm who we blaming now?
Cornell Glen for missing that pointblank header .and that weak defence on the final goal Phillips to .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2008, 10:32:12 AM »
oh my god look at no.17 and 19 ,somebody buy them guys some beef patty and coco bred fast jah .
most likely tallman but anybody could fill een names for me ,am losing track after 68 players .

I have updated my post and placed the names of the players under the picture.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>