April 27, 2024, 07:31:30 PM

Author Topic: What the Best Local Squad should look like  (Read 3312 times)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What the Best Local Squad should look like
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
trent noel, baptiste, pacheco(lb), noel williams(left back), nicholson thomas(rb), jorsling, forbes, dwarika, gray, daniel, leon, glen, guerra, primus,  whitley, wolfe, tinto

notable mentions of mystery - theobald and jemmott who should be sweating regular and should be making this squad, God knows where and what they are doing that they can't make this team

oh and marvin phillips

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: What the Best Local Squad should look like
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »
Dat squad was guaranteed to beat Grenada ent?

It might take all 20 a dem yuh call dey to beat Grenada in trute...
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »

that squad could beat anybody in the caribbean mr.pancho or is it mr.corneal, maybe you need to watch more pro league football, you might actually see who are the best players

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »

that squad could beat anybody in the caribbean mr.pancho or is it mr.corneal, maybe you need to watch more pro league football, you might actually see who are the best players

I actually both a dem in one.  And yes.....dat squad cyah even win a passa passa tournament far less beat a Tobago XI.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »

I actually both a dem in one.  And yes.....dat squad cyah even win a passa passa tournament far less beat a Tobago XI.

well mr corneal, whats your logic behind that statement? care to share your infinite knowledge to common folk, obviously your taste is more exisquite, however sour the results of your latest selections

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
If I had to pick the 18 for the DDC

M.Phillips
C.John

C.Gray
N.Thomas
J.James
K.Thomas
S.Power
A.John
N.Williams

K.Baptiste
K.Hyland
T.Noel
A.Whitley(only if he is 100%)
K.Daniel
A.Wolfe

C.Glenn
J.Forbes
D.Jorsling

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »

M.Phillips
C.John

C.Gray
N.Thomas
J.James
K.Thomas
S.Power
A.John
N.Williams

K.Baptiste
K.Hyland
T.Noel
K.Daniel
A.Wolfe

C.Glenn
J.Forbes
D.Jorsling

not a bad squad, but dont forget pacheco and try to sell those names to mr.corneal aka palos, however he seems to be avoiding a logical explanation for his comments, but has chosen to be negative instead of being constructive, trinidad never seems to run out of blue crabs
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:25:55 PM by ON DE BLOCK »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »
Trent Noel, Jerol Forbes, Robert Primus, Noel Williams, Atuallah Guerra, Cleon John, Andrei Pacheco and Devon Jorsling worth a look at.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »

M.Phillips
C.John

C.Gray
N.Thomas
J.James
K.Thomas
S.Power
A.John
N.Williams

K.Baptiste
K.Hyland
T.Noel
K.Daniel
A.Wolfe

C.Glenn
J.Forbes
D.Jorsling

not a bad squad, but dont forget pacheco and try to sell those names to mr.corneal aka palos, however he seems to be avoiding a logical explanation for his comments, but has chosen to be negative instead of being constructive, trinidad never seems to run out of blue crabs

just like Corneal and Maturana...

Yea but we in the Hex right!  funny how we only started looking better when they were forced into bringing back the overseas....  now he have "his" team .. the same team since feb 08... they probably improved by 10% for the most

but yea...we going to SA2010 for sure with Maturana and Corneal!...

jokers

prepare for a long year next year if this man still in charge by feb 11th.... you will see dwight and all the other big named players walk out... and then we in real shit

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »

M.Phillips
C.John

C.Gray
N.Thomas
J.James
K.Thomas
S.Power
A.John
N.Williams

K.Baptiste
K.Hyland
T.Noel
K.Daniel
A.Wolfe

C.Glenn
J.Forbes
D.Jorsling

I choose to be negative but you sayin in essence dis team dat in jamaica shitty etc isn't.  Check yuh mirror breds....or is a case of even yuh mirror cyah handle de sight?

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »

M.Phillips
C.John

C.Gray
N.Thomas
J.James
K.Thomas
S.Power
A.John
N.Williams

K.Baptiste
K.Hyland
T.Noel
K.Daniel
A.Wolfe

C.Glenn
J.Forbes
D.Jorsling

small mag ah seeing people reall rating trent noel. anyone have any clips of him playing? not necessarily him scoring but of open play?
football...the one true life experience!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
I not saying he should be in the starting CM spot over Dwight and Birchy but there is no way he shouldnt be in the local squad...no way

he was the best player for us during the blacklist era and really deserves more than this...but allyuh want maturana and corneal so

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »
I not saying he should be in the starting CM spot over Dwight and Birchy but there is no way he shouldnt be in the local squad...no way

he was the best player for us during the blacklist era and really deserves more than this...but allyuh want maturana and corneal so

doh say alyuh nah because i for sure aint backin the selection process!!! i just havent seen noel play recently and was wondering how he looking now because from what i have read it sounding like he playing nice ball right now. and if that the case it adds fuel to the fiery talk of his omission from the current squad.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »
Sorry I think is a better game to see some of trent .only locals too save 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNGhbmIru9w&feature=PlayList&p=B6AEBBA501E63E37&index=9

check the 8 min mark
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:24:13 PM by Quagmire »

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »
dey shoulda just send  San Juan Jabloteh

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
with fenwick as coach instead of la dentista.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »
trent noel, baptiste, pacheco(lb), noel williams(left back), nicholson thomas(rb), jorsling, forbes, dwarika, gray, daniel, leon, glen, guerra, primus,  whitley, wolfe, tinto

notable mentions of mystery - theobald and jemmott who should be sweating regular and should be making this squad, God knows where and what they are doing that they can't make this team

oh and marvin phillips

the few times I've seen Jorsling play for the national team he looks out of his depth.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »

oh and marvin phillips

the few times I've seen Jorsling play for the national team he looks out of his depth.

Kinda true yuh know.  I wouldn't exactly say out of his depth, but in his games with the Defence Force you really see his true ability.  The runs with the NT does be kinda stop start stop start...if yuh know what ah mean.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »

oh and marvin phillips

Kinda true yuh know.  I wouldn't exactly say out of his depth, but in his games with the Defence Force you really see his true ability.  The runs with the NT does be kinda stop start stop start...if yuh know what ah mean.

I never see Jorsling play....but could it possibly be that international ball and club ball is 2 different ting entirely?  Maybe if he was given more exposure to international ball, he might eventually adapt, but sometimes national team coaches doh have that luxury, especially when yuh might have players who might make a quicker transition.

I doh know...I jes guessin.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 01:59:23 PM »

oh and marvin phillips

I never see Jorsling play....but could it possibly be that international ball and club ball is 2 different ting entirely?  Maybe if he was given more exposure to international ball, he might eventually adapt, but sometimes national team coaches doh have that luxury, especially when yuh might have players who might make a quicker transition.

I never see him play either. All ah know is dat he play 5 matches fuh de senior team dis year, and he score 4 goals. 3 of de goals were scored after coming on as a sub.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »

oh and marvin phillips

I never see him play either. All ah know is dat he play 5 matches fuh de senior team dis year, and he score 4 goals. 3 of de goals were scored after coming on as a sub.

:o :o imagine what he could do with a decent foreign based midfield supplying him

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

oh and marvin phillips

Maybe knowing you are the main striker for your club and just a try-out for the NT might have something to do with it.  Yuh doh even get a chance to make a mistake when the coach trying out 40 different players, and yuh cyah get yuh riddum going.  Plus we get a reason why he get drop from the mix.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 02:20:13 PM »
Sorry I think is a better game to see some of trent .only locals too save 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNGhbmIru9w&feature=PlayList&p=B6AEBBA501E63E37&index=9

check the 8 min mark

I just look at the whole thing again...boy yuh cudda see a nice build up to taking the ball to the opposition, good team play.  The goal against us was due to poor tracking, but in offense we looked good.  There were times we had three and four men attacking the goal...unlike these days with the lone striker and no support...(not counting games with the foreign based).

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »

oh and marvin phillips

Maybe knowing you are the main striker for your club and just a try-out for the NT might have something to do with it.  Yuh doh even get a chance to make a mistake when the coach trying out 40 different players, and yuh cyah get yuh riddum going.  Plus we get a reason why he get drop from the mix.

Dat might be quite true.  But yuh only get one chance to make a first impression ent?  Daz par for de course when any a we players go abroad for a trial.  Dey only have dat time...dat moment to shine.  If yuh sick, if yuh eh feelin yuh best...if yuh feelin cold...yuh wake up on de wrong side a de bed....it doh matter.  Yuh have to suck it up and perform.

Now based on Tallman info....Jorsling has performed when he's been auditioned.  It could be simply a case that the coaches are looking for qualities that Jorsling either needs to improve or his competition in their opinion possess more than he does.

Or maybe dey jes simply fightin down de player because of a bias.

1]; } ?>