March 28, 2024, 04:32:53 AM

Author Topic: Fire Maturana now and stop pulling stones!!!  (Read 51604 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Maturana now
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
*ping ping*.

thats the end of round 5, and the judges have this bout scored dead even.

lion like showing from a vastly overmatched palos.

Palos was sharpening he three canal while man was sleeping yuh know.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »
ah cyah help but wonder who de new coach will get rid of outright, yuh know like Beenie do wid Cpt. Angus Eve (you could imagine dat, the captain?!?) and Anton Thomas (ah think it was).

new coach attend he first few training sessions and just steups (oh wait he mightn't know how to), and say (hopefully wid ah heavy dutch accent) "This list of players men have no right near any national team!"

no bad breeze doh blow!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »
new coach attend he first few training sessions and just steups (oh wait he mightn't know how to), and say (hopefully wid ah heavy dutch accent) "This list of players men have no right near any national team!"

no bad breeze doh blow!

Wim coming back??!!....whoopieeeee!!!.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »
All I know is we have NO excuse for not qualifying for de Gold Cup.  None.  De players and coaches share de responsibility equally.  De players for their lack of intensity and pride and de coaches for.. well allyuh done know about de coaches.

Bertill got fired because we lost in de gold cup semifinals.  What is de standard for Maturana who couldn't even make de semifinals of de DCC.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »
What new coach u talkin bout. Did not c d marriage contract till death do us part. As Will Smith tell Barbara Walters divorce is nottttttttt an option
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »
Fire him for what?

Missing more than 5 clear cut chances against Grenada and conceeding a flukey goal in injury time?  allyuh serious?  That is de coach fault?

Steups!!

We just draw with Jamaica in Jamaica, does that result count for anything?  

The players are paying for not taking the game against Greanda seriously......simply as that!!

If you look at the quotes from some of the players before that first game, it was evident that they thought that it would be a walk in the park!!

We in the Hex and ah love it!!

REMEMBER THESE RESULTS

TT 3 vs cuba 1 in cuba - Excellent result to start off the group

TT 1 vs Guat 1 in Trinidad - we dominated that game totally and should have won easily.

TT 0 vs Guat 0 in guat - Magnificent result given we played with 10 men, we dominated when we had 11.

TT 2 vs USA 1 in Tri - Under no circumstances we beat them in qualifying before but we did under Matas.

Some of allyuh have tuh stop looking at one side of the coin!!

nb: JahGol, Greanda flattened Bdos, but jamaica only beat them with an injury time penalty kick.......football doh work so.

Game after game this is a major problem and it not getting better. So who to blame? The team have not improved on possession, attacking, defending or any other major aspects or our game. So I don't get how we could keep saying is not the coach fault. To a ceratin extent you have to blame the players, but time and time again, who driving the bus?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »
I doh care what nobody say,in my mind there is a BIG difference between a prepared, organized team lacking talent and an unprepared team that is also lacking talent. Beenhaker didn't teach man to trap de facking ball. He made sure they knew where they had to be and when they had to be there. Holl Maturana dutty so and so. We team looking like a fete match team with de first eleven to reach starting

Yuh not comparin similar situations breddrin.

On the one occasion Beenhakker had less than the FULL T&T team to work with, i.e. No Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards, or Russel Latapy we FAILED to progress out of the Gold Cup preliminary round in 2005.

Both Wim & Maturana had pretty much total local squads to work with.  Even in that tournament mentioned above, Beenie had Kelvin Jack, Dennis Lawrence, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Avery John, Aurtis Whitley, Stern John, and Jason Scotland in his starting XI.  The MAJORITY of our best players at the time with arguably our best ever coach were there and THEY couldn't get the job done.

Beenie didn't have th luxury to teach anybody fundamentals.  He had a short time frame to work with and he picked the best players he felt we had at our disposal.  Beenie's and Maturana's situations are completely different.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
As Luta said d driver drivin good.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
Hire Keano !!, he want a job.. and the clown cah fack with him
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »
Hire Keano !!, he want a job.. and the clown cah fack with him

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah lord....hear nah only Trinbagonians could turn tragedy into shit talk.... ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 06:21:48 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
We go quicker c Wim than Keanos. Y is dis a tragedy Ray Charles coulda c this and he blind and dead.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2008, 06:18:52 PM »
Fire him for what?

Missing more than 5 clear cut chances against Grenada and conceeding a flukey goal in injury time?  allyuh serious?  That is de coach fault?

Steups!!

We just draw with Jamaica in Jamaica, does that result count for anything?  

The players are paying for not taking the game against Greanda seriously......simply as that!!

If you look at the quotes from some of the players before that first game, it was evident that they thought that it would be a walk in the park!!

We in the Hex and ah love it!!

REMEMBER THESE RESULTS

TT 3 vs cuba 1 in cuba - Excellent result to start off the group

TT 1 vs Guat 1 in Trinidad - we dominated that game totally and should have won easily.

TT 0 vs Guat 0 in guat - Magnificent result given we played with 10 men, we dominated when we had 11.

TT 2 vs USA 1 in Tri - Under no circumstances we beat them in qualifying before but we did under Matas.

Some of allyuh have tuh stop looking at one side of the coin!!

nb: JahGol, Greanda flattened Bdos, but jamaica only beat them with an injury time penalty kick.......football doh work so.

Game after game this is a major problem and it not getting better. So who to blame? The team have not improved on possession, attacking, defending or any other major aspects or our game. So I don't get how we could keep saying is not the coach fault. To a ceratin extent you have to blame the players, but time and time again, who driving the bus?

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »
Palos there is absolutely no excuse for the mess. It matters not what format the tournament take on, the objective is to win the damn thing. The team as shown vs Bim playing rel tata, ah talking about cow pasture paddy tata, running down yuh leg while trying to reach the latrine tata, talking about the shyte truck come to empty the latrine tata. Is like stepping in some dog tata and you don't know so you drag yuh foot and thereby the tata all over the place and everybody smelling and seeing it stinking up the place except the man who dragging the tata all over d place.

I have yet to see us play a proper tactical and aesthetically pleasing game. Let we lose, but let us look good doing it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »
Lawd Elan dat is real tata. As 4 lookin good once d overseas eh around we doh look good but we was winnin. Sooner or in dis case it woulda ketch up. D overseas save we v Bermuda but d locals wit dis joker cyah take we pass Grenada.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
This coach seems to have deceived many of us. I can’t believe that there are people still believing that the team’s failure is not his fault. Even if the players played certain games without passion or heart and we lost, guess who fault it is for not being able to motivate them to put forth a better effort? Yes the coach! Coaches are the ones who takes the fall.

If he was the coach of Mexico or another Spanish speaking country they would have been on the street marching right now because they love the game real bad, but is we loving passiveness or relaxed mentality does hurt we belly as Supporters…just like how we does act during games, sit down or stand up and clap, like is golf we watching. This guy is totally not qualified to coach our team or younger players. Why wait any longer to send him packing?

I have watch most of the games since he has taking over as coach and all of the mess that have been going on in the media and even from the interview with certain players, we can see he has not stamped his authority or solidified himself as reputable coach, most of the players especially the veterans knows he is not qualified.  I have yet to see a sweet nice brand of football played under him as coach. As someone else said, if we loosing, at least let us see a good brand of organized football. We not even getting that much! 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »
Last year wim pick a team consisting of 4 college player players from tobago united  caledonia AIA and we came second ..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:17:24 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 07:22:47 PM »
Interesting.

Last year 90% of posters on dis board were callin for Wim's dismissal.

Wim doh like we head.

Wim racist

Wim disrespeck we and say we only good to lime under coconut tree

Wim doh like local players

Wim doh give local players a chance

Wim duckin friendlies because de foreign based posse not available

Now everybody bawlin fuh Wim and how he qualify we wit a local team

Wim had we playin a nice brand

Bring back Wim

Dis place is a RIOT!!!  ;D

And of course...ah waitin to see who go now bawl...."Not me was sayin dem ting bout Wim...I did always find he was a good coach!"... 8)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
I would support Maturana being fired, only if he is being replaced by either Russel Latapy or Leo Beenhakker.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
Fellas, the problem is not Maturana, the problem is JW!
JW picks the TD, head coach & makes all the major footballing decisions in T&T but problem is he knows very little technically about football. The man is an ex-school teacher & administrator who never played a decent game of football in his life.
Maturana is an ex-dentist & ex-World Cup coach who is passed his best and in addition has a communication problem with regards coaching an English speaking team.
Jack should stick to administration & Maturana should go back to dentistry or planting coca in Columbia!  Both men should leave T&T football alone and stick to what they are good at, which is causing unpleasant pain to others!
The most decent thing JW can do right now to make up for this gross error in judgement is to send the dentist home & let LP & others better qualified select our new head coach & national players.
On a related note LP needs to stand up to JW or resign his post as he seems to have been muted and is just towing the line to keep his job.
To save my heart as I don’t want to end up with heart problems at this early stage in my life, I maybe forced to make myself scarce on here until the dentist is extracted and sent on his way after causing a proud Caribbean footballing nation like T&T such serious pain, we cyah beat Grenada?!!!!
But lets not confuse who is to ultimately blame here, the man who Keane called a clown, that’s who!
Socapro trying to not think about the fact that Grenada is going to the next Gold Cup rather than us & we needed those games to better prepare us for the Hex.
Folks if we don’t do something NOW, T&T is in danger of becoming a laughing stock as far as Caribbean footballing credentials are concerned!! The once Kings of Caribbean football literally gets knocked out by Grenada!!!
I don’t know about you guys but for me Enough is enough!!!!
Hands off our football Jack, you are not a TD or a coach, so please stick to what you’re good at, administration & politics & let LP our TD do his job!!!

Thanks, Socapro
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2008, 07:30:04 PM »
Interesting.

Last year 90% of posters on dis board were callin for Wim's dismissal.

Wim doh like we head.

Wim racist

Wim disrespeck we and say we only good to lime under coconut tree

Wim doh like local players

Wim doh give local players a chance

Wim duckin friendlies because de foreign based posse not available

Now everybody bawlin fuh Wim and how he qualify we wit a local team

Wim had we playin a nice brand

Bring back Wim

Dis place is a RIOT!!!  ;D

And of course...ah waitin to see who go now bawl...."Not me was sayin dem ting bout Wim...I did always find he was a good coach!"... 8)
boss i always supported the dutch man infact i should upload the cuba vs tnt game from last year  DCC
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »
To save my heart as I don’t want to end up with heart problems at this early stage in my life, I maybe forced to make myself scarce on here until the dentist is extracted and sent on his way after causing a proud Caribbean footballing nation like T&T such serious pain, we cyah beat Grenada?!!!!
But lets not confuse who is to ultimately blame here, the man who Keane called a clown, that’s who!
Socapro trying to not think about the fact that Grenada is going to the next Gold Cup rather than us & we needed those games to better prepare us for the Hex.
Folks if we don’t do something NOW, T&T is in danger of becoming a laughing stock as far as Caribbean footballing credentials are concerned!! The once Kings of Caribbean football literally gets knocked out by Grenada!!!
I don’t know about you guys but for me Enough is enough!!!!
Hands off our football Jack, you are not a TD or a coach, so please stick to what you’re good at, administration & politics & let LP our TD do his job!!!

Thanks, Socapro

Sounds to me like given the choice, you would rather not make the Hex than lose to Grenada.  

For me it would be the reverse but I respect your position.  8)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »
Is d players fault wit all dem WC star power and we eh reach no way. I disagree dat it was 90% of us here who insured dat I spendin Euros 4 Xmas.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »
allyuh want wim to come back and f**k with latas again....lol

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »
as super jigga TC says on soca star

'if yuh singing lall, yuh gots to go'

Maturana take a hint.....

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
i going to refer to a post in an early thread started after the grenada loss

the bermuda game we lost at home where..we had a fairly strong team (stern, carlos, tallest, scotland) buh we maturana rel throw way chances and lost 2-1 after bermuda score a goal with clayton ince lying unconscious on the ground..

the continuation of good results against avg opposition wid a side comprising youngsters up to the 1-1 draw against guatemala at home, a game in which we looked as good as any beenhakker team up until the freekick the score on us wit...

the usa debacle where he got everything wrong..tho mind the players on the field  are not accountable for their performances...

the away draw against guatemala wit 10 men where we still had the better chances in the game.. but the players are accountable for their performances now?

mind u..this is not the first time we have lost to caribbean oppositon in recent times..just btw...
st. vincent, antigua, cuba, martinique and haiti have all done it against us in the last 8 years...

the first ever victory against a US national team and qualifying for the hex...again the players accountable...

I doh care what nobody say,in my mind there is a BIG difference between a prepared, organized team lacking talent and an unprepared team that is also lacking talent. Beenhaker didn't teach man to trap de facking ball. He made sure they knew where they had to be and when they had to be there. Holl Maturana dutty so and so. We team looking like a fete match team with de first eleven to reach starting

Yuh not comparin similar situations breddrin.

On the one occasion Beenhakker had less than the FULL T&T team to work with, i.e. No Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards, or Russel Latapy we FAILED to progress out of the Gold Cup preliminary round in 2005.

Both Wim & Maturana had pretty much total local squads to work with.  Even in that tournament mentioned above, Beenie had Kelvin Jack, Dennis Lawrence, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Avery John, Aurtis Whitley, Stern John, and Jason Scotland in his starting XI.  The MAJORITY of our best players at the time with arguably our best ever coach were there and THEY couldn't get the job done.

Beenie didn't have th luxury to teach anybody fundamentals.  He had a short time frame to work with and he picked the best players he felt we had at our disposal.  Beenie's and Maturana's situations are completely different.

We have not won a gold cup game since we reached the semi-finals in 2000 just btw..and we miss a whole competition as palos point ot in 2003..barely qualify in 2005 when angus had to save we wid a freekick in barbados aganst the bajans...

as it stands you cannot fire maturana on results..because he ahs a winning record and has particulary impressive results if u really check it out...

the US loss and bermuda game aside..we have not lost to jamaica in three games, we went guatemala and din get sort out for the first time in more than a decade in guatemala..we won away convincingly in cubaand we win against the US..

but of course we should fire him...lack of intensity from local players was there even under beenhakker..he used to argue about it..

but why i appealing to the logic of some of the ppl on this board for when is these same ppl calling for colin samuel to waltz into the side based on what he do in the iceland game three years ago...

i just saying nah..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:43:58 PM by Arazi »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
Some peeps will not jump dey have 2 b pushed. All yuh left d man enjoy he 1st Trini Xmas he go b a boss paranderos

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »
Pacho does keep the football exciting.

we loss to teams we have no right to loss to and we beating teams we coulda never beat before.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
when we barely qualify in 2005 st clair was coaching in 2003 hannibal najir was coaching  2 goats ..... come on now now in 2008 a goat is coaching and we out..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 07:46:21 PM »
He was supposed to be fired after the 0-0 draw vs Guadeloupe on Feb 6th 2008

If this guy isnt sacked before the Hex... it is obvious he is here for personal reasons or he real cheap

For the people that wants him to continue...go wash your face then take a long hard look in the mirror..then kindly shoot your f**king self

c**ts

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »
Esta vez tenemos una cabra española

This time we have a spanish goat

1]; } ?>