April 18, 2024, 11:24:19 PM

Author Topic: Fire Maturana now and stop pulling stones!!!  (Read 51914 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Maturana now
« Reply #390 on: April 02, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »
Pack dis man bags please................I want to tickets to SA :beermug:

Dey already on sale but how u goin and c play?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 02, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
Add my name to de "fire Maturana' list.  I think I have been neutral long enough. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:51 AM »
Add my name to de "fire Maturana' list.  I think I have been neutral long enough. 

Welcome aboard betta late than neva. D problem it is d swtitanic. Iceberg come june 6th
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 02, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »
i never feel so ashamed watching my team team until last night, for some reason that rel hurt meh.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 02, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »
i never feel so ashamed watching my team team until last night, for some reason that rel hurt meh.

U C if all yuh did go MLS last yr all yuh heart would not b hurtin dis morning. D bible talk bout d writin on d wall. Dis was writin it was incripted on d wall.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2009, 07:30:31 AM »
You can't motivate players thru a translator!!!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2009, 07:32:05 AM »

Y it does get lost in translation :rotfl: Brudder is not he spanish is d problem is he.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »

Y it does get lost in translation :rotfl: Brudder is not he spanish is d problem is he.

Weary we all know is not just the language barrier but its also a major part of the problem, that is being overlooked. I’m so so vexed brethrens.

We should have gotten another coach by now man. It’s like some kinda twilight zone business going here.  Jack Warner and them on drugs or something. Why we still dealing with this issue???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
So Mats still the coach right now? .Hmmm we call ourelves a serious footballing nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 02, 2009, 07:49:29 AM »

Weary we all know is not just the language barrier but its also a major part of the problem, that is being overlooked. I’m so so vexed brethrens.

We should have gotten another coach by now man. It’s like some kinda twilight zone business going here.  Jack Warner and them on drugs or something. Why we still dealing with this issue???

Brudder I ting he cluless in all languages he wuk b4 we was for 5mths. As an HR practicioner as sinister Sam on Sesame Street say I want 2 know yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 02, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
.Indiscipline comes from the top.  Warner busy fixing the UNC, while Carlos Edwards bullying Keon Daniel in taking freekicks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:57:38 AM by Babalawo »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 02, 2009, 07:55:45 AM »
Man I dislike Maturana as much as the next guy but it wasn't his fault we lost last night. It looked like we had a good plan, and until the first goal was scored, were very organized and disciplined.

The only thing I fault him for is squad selection, specifically the wing backs, the Birchie sub and the use of Daniel (who is promising) ahead of Hyland who had an excellent run on the left on Saturday.

Problem is, if these are our best available wing backs, then we can't really do much about it. We may have to start thinking about slotting Carlos in at right back, a la Dani Alves
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
Man I dislike Maturana as much as the next guy but it wasn't his fault we lost last night. It looked like we had a good plan, and until the first goal was scored, were very organized and disciplined.

The only thing I fault him for is squad selection, specifically the wing backs, the Birchie sub and the use of Daniel (who is promising) ahead of Hyland who had an excellent run on the left on Saturday.

Problem is, if these are our best available wing backs, then we can't really do much about it. We may have to start thinking about slotting Carlos in at right back, a la Dani Alves

So with all that you say deh who's fault is that???
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:09:09 AM by Weh-it-is »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »
So Mats still the coach right now? .Hmmm we call ourelves a serious footballing nation
that is wuh i doh understand.another team,that fukker was history.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2009, 08:06:59 AM »
that is wuh i doh understand.another team,that f**kker was history.

Is all about Jack bro, he doesn't have that incentive, sadly
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2009, 08:07:44 AM »

Sorry Marcos...I not understanding how you can't blame the coach when he get squad selection and substitutions wrong! That is two thirds of his job after tactics! And, Akile Edwards does not start for his club team at left back (at least he didn't b4 he make the national team mysteriously) and Anthony Wolfe never play right back in his life! He went to the world cup as a forward and end up filling in at midfield and now he is a rb?  

We have 10 teams in the pro league, about a next 40 below that level through the super league, reserves and zonal sides, a world cup qualifying u-20 side,a  organised u-17 side. That is about 50 wingbacks out there, discounting foreigners plus men playing overseas ball... and he cah find one? It is painfully obvious that they are not our best available wing backs. They doh even have to be wingbacks, just find a defender with a left foot and a right foot and tell them keep their ass at home and jam man hard, no need to attack, cause we need to have the defence sorted before we can bother about scoring goals.

Akile Edwards ever tackle anybody before yesterday when he get the yellow card (after getting bawl up halftime most likely)?I never see the man hit nobody a blade. Even when men used to cry down Avery for too many fouls and call Cyd a wildman in the earlies, at least pelting blade is a thing u must have a as a defender. I NEVER see Akile do that.

Anybdoy play against him? He could tackle or he is more of a defender who like to intercept and read plays?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2009, 08:11:17 AM »
Thursday morning 10am is he still our coach,after 3 poor performances in the final round of WCQ I  THINK THE SHIP IS SINKING FAST UNDER THIS CLOWN,we are not as bad as we looked last night,peeps saying the best game under that CLOWN was ah draw,even Bermuda & Grenada beet us under mats.PLESE PLESE PLESE Jack we still have time even RL cant do worse

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 02, 2009, 08:13:17 AM »
Did anybody but blind me  see Keon Daniel playing RB last night knowing he left footed and cah really tackle that good.  Who make that call? I wonder was it the coach? Fire de cobo man!!!!!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 02, 2009, 08:15:59 AM »

Sorry Marcos...I not understanding how you can't blame the coach when he get squad selection and substitutions wrong! That is two thirds of his job after tactics! And, Akile Edwards does not start for his club team at left back (at least he didn't b4 he make the national team mysteriously) and Anthony Wolfe never play right back in his life! He went to the world cup as a forward and end up filling in at midfield and now he is a rb?  

We have 10 teams in the pro league, about a next 40 below that level through the super league, reserves and zonal sides, a world cup qualifying u-20 side,a  organised u-17 side. That is about 50 wingbacks out there, discounting foreigners plus men playing overseas ball... and he cah find one? It is painfully obvious that they are not our best available wing backs. They doh even have to be wingbacks, just find a defender with a left foot and a right foot and tell them keep their ass at home and jam man hard, no need to attack, cause we need to have the defence sorted before we can bother about scoring goals.

Akile Edwards ever tackle anybody before yesterday when he get the yellow card (after getting bawl up halftime most likely)?I never see the man hit nobody a blade. Even when men used to cry down Avery for too many fouls and call Cyd a wildman in the earlies, at least pelting blade is a thing u must have a as a defender. I NEVER see Akile do that.

Anybdoy play against him? He could tackle or he is more of a defender who like to intercept and read plays?

I feel where you coming from. But in all honestly, there were patches of play last night where we looked threatening going fwd and I can't recall ever seeing us look like that without Latas on the field. Maybe i setting the bar too low, but i think we made some kind of progress, albeit not enough.

Believe me, I want Maturana to go too, but i wouldn't put last night's loss on hsi shoulders. I live abroad so don't know if we do in fact have better options at wing back.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
Did anybody but blind me  see Keon Daniel playing RB last night knowing he left footed and cah really tackle that good.  Who make that call? I wonder was it the coach? Fire de cobo man!!!!!!!

Dat was after took a corner on the right (left footed curling in) so he had to switch momentarily as teh US went on the attack right after. If you play Fifa 09 d same ting does happen when a player out of position

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:44 AM »
All yuh need 2 say this today

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 02, 2009, 08:29:20 AM »

Dat was after took a corner on the right (left footed curling in) so he had to switch momentarily as teh US went on the attack right after. If you play Fifa 09 d same ting does happen when a player out of position

Well we see what almost happen with he back deh "momentarily" The way that RB was playing I thought all hell did break loose and deh was willing to put anybody back deh even Keon.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:31:50 AM by Weh-it-is »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 02, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »

Well we see what almost happen with he back deh "momentarily" The way that RB was playing I thought all hell did break loose and deh was willing to put anybody back deh even Keon.  ::)

U sign d petition

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
who will take charge after maturana is fired
« Reply #413 on: April 02, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »
any suggestions on who can take over as coach after maturana gets the can?
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: who will take charde after maturana is fired
« Reply #414 on: April 02, 2009, 09:19:18 AM »
any suggestions on who can take over as coach after maturana gets the can?

Leh we fire him first

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 02, 2009, 09:33:51 AM »
dat man is a Bernie Madoff
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 02, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
put my name down as well....fack

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 02, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »
Ah was never here or there with Mats, I know the players had defiencies. many coaches alluded to it, wheter we like them (coaches) or not.
ah find the players play bad, fault them for that ....and meh worse was Daniel, he had we effectively playing with 10...simple, simple mistakes from everyone, but 2 things which make cause meh to have to add meh name to this petition.
1. Starting 2 central Defensive mids, have them playing defeinsively, as well as 2 central attacking strikers. Leaves a hole
2. Not correcting Daniel's previous defensive defiencies or replacing him, if he not getting it.
3. Finally bringing a more attacking mid, yet removing one of the hardest working defenders, after getting an opportunity to forcefully rest him fom the 1st game, and then take him off, and leaving Daniel who we weren't getting any defense, any offense, or any coverage from.
4. Did not utilize the half to make any adjustments/subsitutions to help team cohesion and assist the negative play of the players. They were a bunch of poor playing individual, 1st AND 2nd half. Nuthen changed.
5. and for my scientific proof, Cobo brand is one thing, but I thought cobo changes is supposed to change yuh brand, so although '-'x'-'= '+', however '-'+'-' still = '-'

In conclusion, we are not or will ever go nowhere with Mr Maturana.  >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 02, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
Beta late than neva

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 02, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »
The players must be questioned as well. Maturana had a decent selection with maybe the exception of Hyland. But the overall mentality of the players aproach to the game had little to do with Maturana. No tracking, pressuring the ball, attacking runs to support etc.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>