April 27, 2024, 02:57:41 AM

Author Topic: Fire Maturana now and stop pulling stones!!!  (Read 52175 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Maturana now
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
To save my heart as I don’t want to end up with heart problems at this early stage in my life, I maybe forced to make myself scarce on here until the dentist is extracted and sent on his way after causing a proud Caribbean footballing nation like T&T such serious pain, we cyah beat Grenada?!!!!
But lets not confuse who is to ultimately blame here, the man who Keane called a clown, that’s who!
Socapro trying to not think about the fact that Grenada is going to the next Gold Cup rather than us & we needed those games to better prepare us for the Hex.
Folks if we don’t do something NOW, T&T is in danger of becoming a laughing stock as far as Caribbean footballing credentials are concerned!! The once Kings of Caribbean football literally gets knocked out by Grenada!!!
I don’t know about you guys but for me Enough is enough!!!!
Hands off our football Jack, you are not a TD or a coach, so please stick to what you’re good at, administration & politics & let LP our TD do his job!!!

Thanks, Socapro

Sounds to me like given the choice, you would rather not make the Hex than lose to Grenada.  

For me it would be the reverse but I respect your position.  8)

I would love to see the plan for us getting to the HEX and the progressing to the WC. Would love to see it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
To save my heart as I don’t want to end up with heart problems at this early stage in my life, I maybe forced to make myself scarce on here until the dentist is extracted and sent on his way after causing a proud Caribbean footballing nation like T&T such serious pain, we cyah beat Grenada?!!!!
But lets not confuse who is to ultimately blame here, the man who Keane called a clown, that’s who!
Socapro trying to not think about the fact that Grenada is going to the next Gold Cup rather than us & we needed those games to better prepare us for the Hex.
Folks if we don’t do something NOW, T&T is in danger of becoming a laughing stock as far as Caribbean footballing credentials are concerned!! The once Kings of Caribbean football literally gets knocked out by Grenada!!!
Hands off our football Jack, you are not a TD or a coach, so please stick to what you’re good at, administration & politics & let LP our TD do his job!!!

Thanks, Socapro

Sounds to me like given the choice, you would rather not make the Hex than lose to Grenada.  

I would love to see the plan for us getting to the HEX and the progressing to the WC. Would love to see it.

Did Beenie, Simoes, or BSC show you their plan?  How about Wim?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »
Palos I know you did like Wim hell I liked him as a coach too but I have to agree this dentist has to go can someone tell when was the last time he coached in the modern era things has change since he last coach Columbia this guy has no idea how to coach in these modern times he use the same lame line up he’s so predictable no has to scout us all they have to is pressure us earl we give up an earl goal and that’s it
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »
Palos I know you did like Wim hell I liked him as a coach too but I have to agree this dentist has to go can someone tell when was the last time he coached in the modern era things has change since he last coach Columbia this guy has no idea how to coach in these modern times he use the same lame line up he’s so predictable no has to scout us all they have to is pressure us earl we give up an earl goal and that’s it

Breddrin.  To be quite honest, Maturana doh fill me wit confidence.  Never did.  And posters right, de brand we playin doesn't show much cohesion or fluidity regardless of who playin for we.

That said, me eh no coach, but I try to see both sides of a story.  If yuh remember, I was one a de peeps who was sayin in de earlies dat Alvin was de one pickin de team and he was de one was supportin Maturana and basically pullin he strings.  To some extent...I still believe he has some input, but after listening to the TD in recent months, I have to conclude dat de TD either is de main driving force who behind de 70 players being "auditioned", or he at least in favour of it.

Now people say de TD "sell out" all kinda ting.  Maybe dat is true...I not in a position to say yea or nay.  What I do know is yuh cyah please everybody.  Yuh had 70 players had an opportunity to play for the national team but it go always have people who vex dem player(s) didn't get a bligh.  Even if yuh pick Trent Noel, Jerol Forbes (who was picked & his pick was criticised then too surprise surprise), Brent Sancho, Nicholson wha he name, Josimar Belgrave, Hayden Tino (who was also picked) etc.....it go have somebody who go be vex.  Coaches cyah study dat.  Dem have to do what dem think is best for the system and tactics they want to play.

Which bring yuh to the 4-5-1 dat everybody hate so much.  Again, me eh no coach, but dat system to me is in place because of we weakness in defence.  Even if yuh play de crowd favourites Gray, Lawrence, Sancho & Avery....we WEAK.  So from what I see in modern football, coaches load up de midfield to try and deny the opposition space to work....compress de field a little bit so that it gives you a better chance to recover from lapses.  Our team lapses a lot so what we goin to do?  Play 2 up front because it aesthetically pleasing, especially when the 2 upfront doh track back to help de midfield?  I believe I understand the REASONING behind the 4-5-1.  And if we playin 4-5-1 in the WCQ's....why would we play another system in a different tournament and/or practice matches?  Yes...we need to adapt to different systems as the occasion presents itself in game situations but the fundamental system that THIS COACH has is 4-5-1.  Wha yuh tink Beenie play in de World Cup?  4-4-2?

De last thing Maturana has in his favour is the most important thing.....results.  It kinda hard to argue against his results.  We beat Usa for the first time in WCQ.  We draw with guatemala in guatemala with 10 men for 60 minutes.  We beat cuba in cuba.  We qualify for the Hex.  We draw 3 times with jamaica, 2 of them away games.  But we lost to Bermuda and Grenada and we got knocked out of the Gold Cup so he should be fired.  Talk about missin de forest for the trees.

I have no problem with Maturana being fired.  As I say, he doh inspire me with confidence per se....but I go jes be waitin to see who would be the replacement and what kinda RESULTS they will get.  I hope for our sake the results in WCQ doh be less than what we already had.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »

Thanks, Socapro

Did Beenie, Simoes, or BSC show you their plan?  How about Wim?

I talking on the field. With Maturana you not seeing anything or like the team working on anything. The defense I would think would be the first thing to work on, but no visible improvement.

With Beenhaker, you could see the improvement in organization clear across the field. With Wim, you could have seen us attempting to move the ball a lot.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »
Palos good post... ah know you does be playing de unpopular role of devils advocate to bring about some more level-headed discussion on de board...

.. but that last paragraph is exactly my problem, de inconsistency in results!! This seems to be as a result of the inconsistency everywhere else. Maybe he do have a plan, but up to now nobody cyah suss it out... hence de unscoutable corbeaux brand on display. down to the translator position inconsistent  ;D

Every game does just have a feeling of vaps and close yuh eye and hope for de best... dais why i fraid dis man and de corneals...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »
Personally i doh like his selection policy but I can't really argue with him because he got us to the Hex.  Football is about results, in the past we played "attractive" football and lost, now we playing crap but getting decent results.

Like against Grenada in the Digicel & JA when we needed a must win to get us to the Gold Cup?
Seeing that we needed to get to the Gold Cup to source decent opponents for our Hex preparations, I can't see how you can tolerate the fact that Maturana hasn't been fired yet!! But then again we have JW who is clueless making all our major technical football decisions.

Ask yourself this, why qualify for the Hex then minimise your changes of earning one of the top 3 spots by carrying on with a dentist that has no idea what he is doing? There is no rhyme or reason to anything that Maturana does. Is like playing the lottery, pure luck & chance! He needs to be on the next flight out to Columbia.
No wonder Yorke now has serious ambitions of being a top coach... he saw Maturana in action and said to himself if this dentist can get away with being coach of our national team then who is me? I think either Russel or myself could be T&T national coach much sooner than we thought afterall its us who turn things around after Maturana was instructed to give us a call when our chances of progressing to the Hex were vanishing fast!   :-[

i agree that the gold cup would have provided some useful gams to help in the WC preparation but doh worry uncle jack will organize friendlies... ;D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »
Personally i doh like his selection policy but I can't really argue with him because he got us to the Hex.  Football is about results, in the past we played "attractive" football and lost, now we playing crap but getting decent results.

Like against Grenada in the Digicel & JA when we needed a must win to get us to the Gold Cup?
Seeing that we needed to get to the Gold Cup to source decent opponents for our Hex preparations, I can't see how you can tolerate the fact that Maturana hasn't been fired yet!! But then again we have JW who is clueless making all our major technical football decisions.

Ask yourself this, why qualify for the Hex then minimise your changes of earning one of the top 3 spots by carrying on with a dentist that has no idea what he is doing? There is no rhyme or reason to anything that Maturana does. Is like playing the lottery, pure luck & chance! He needs to be on the next flight out to Columbia.
No wonder Yorke now has serious ambitions of being a top coach... he saw Maturana in action and said to himself if this dentist can get away with being coach of our national team then who is me? I think either Russel or myself could be T&T national coach much sooner than we thought afterall its us who turn things around after Maturana was instructed to give us a call when our chances of progressing to the Hex were vanishing fast!   :-[

i agree that the gold cup would have provided some useful gams to help in the WC preparation but doh worry uncle jack will organize friendlies... ;D

Guyana here we come!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »

Guyana here we come!

Guyana?  I was thinking along the lines of NE Stars, Joe Public and tobago united to build the confidence of the forwards.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
All you never see come see ...before you say fire the man...say who you have to replace him? Palos make a valid point and I agree but those that want him fired..name his replacement? Barnes replace Simones and has been somewhat successful with the team...does that make Barnes a better coach than Simones? The hard fact is them forwards squandered the game against Grenada..yes they havent gelled yet but isnt it a fairly new group the man select and trying to mold?? One man ask has the coach improved our local footballers...steups..so we waiting on a National coach to improve we local football?? Come on lay blame where blame is to be laid and stop looking with your blinders on.

Ah waiting.

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »
palos makes sense - glad you guys could hear it from one of your own.

I doh like the man style & i doh like the way the team playing without effort at times but i like the results. as i keep saying - the man got to the hex with ease in the end - losing only 1 game - to USA in USA.

as the man boss how u firing him based on that. what if the new man doh give us results? everyone acts like it's automatic that anyone new we bring in will do better

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:48:47 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
The hard fact is them forwards squandered the game against Grenada..yes they havent gelled yet but isnt it a fairly new group the man select and trying to mold??

Ah ha therein lies one of the problems....he has selected a fairly new group so many times but they have not been able to gell so when he going to stop trying these new groups and choose a core group to work with??

In the end we must ....
All hail the Corbeaux Brand!!  :notworthy: :notworthy:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »
palos makes sense - glad you guys could hear it from one of your own.

I doh like the man style & i doh like the way the team playing without effort at times but i like the results. as i keep saying - the man got to the hex with ease in the end - losing only 1 game - to USA in USA.

as the man boss how u firing him based on that. what if the new man doh give us results? everyone acts like it's automatic that anyone new we bring in will do better

As far as I concerned, if i was charged with hiring de national coach.. he would be mandated to:

1. Qualify for de World Cup, the minimum performance accepted would be qualifying for de HEX.
2. Win our regional tournament, the minimum performance accepted would be qualifying for de Gold Cup.
3. Advance to the Gold Cup semis, the minimum performance accepted would be advancing from the group stage
4. Lead the team to at least a top 50 FIFA ranking over a reasonable period of time. (this last one you could probably have leeway with)

But as always there would be mitigating factors. The actual performance on the field, consistent improvement demonstrated throughout the tenure, wins against main rivals, the public opinion etc... This should be laid out at the very beginning.

This is how it is done worldwide at club and national level... managers are expected to avoid relegation, make a decent cup run, win de title, champions league etc and so on.

Now while Maturana has so far achieved the minimum for Goal no.1, he has failed no.2 outright and as a result no.3 as well. And so far he has not inspired too much confidence that he can achieve any of the rest or even no.2 and no.3 in subsequent years. The public/board is split and disillusioned... I would think that this would be basis to relieve the coach.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
The hard fact is them forwards squandered the game against Grenada..yes they havent gelled yet but isnt it a fairly new group the man select and trying to mold??

Ah ha therein lies one of the problems....he has selected a fairly new group so many times but they have not been able to gell so when he going to stop trying these new groups and choose a core group to work with??

In the end we must ....

Dat is a matter of philosophy and preference ... is it wrong?

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »
The biggest thing a coach needs in this region is instilling confidence in the team and that’s what beenie did he instilled discipline in didn’t have time to groom a team so he picked players that bought into his style and adapted without question now we have this dentist where none of the players have confidence in him and just like the campaign in 2002 we will fail because this is where the men gets separated from the boys we could only go so far with Latapy and Yorkie  we can keep parching and plugging it wouldn’t work   

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2008, 03:12:02 PM »

In the end we must ....

Alright....so what is the philosophy??....daiz wha we trying to figure out since he reach....as the coach of the NT he not supposed to be developing players, so ah guess he just looking for the right group of players.  Now if he eh find de right group yet, when he planning to find it??   ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2008, 03:16:52 PM »
All you never see come see ...before you say fire the man...say who you have to replace him? Palos make a valid point and I agree but those that want him fired..name his replacement? Barnes replace Simones and has been somewhat successful with the team...does that make Barnes a better coach than Simones? The hard fact is them forwards squandered the game against Grenada..yes they havent gelled yet but isnt it a fairly new group the man select and trying to mold?? One man ask has the coach improved our local footballers...steups..so we waiting on a National coach to improve we local football?? Come on lay blame where blame is to be laid and stop looking with your blinders on.

Ah waiting.

A national coach responsibility should be; to take what ever talent pool there is available, in that country, teach them how to use their abilities to go forth and wins games. If he can't do that... then he needs to be fired.  He knew in the contract when signed that there would have been consequences and or circumstance to him being terminated for not producing.  After all the valid evidence everyone has posted about this coach as a result to his lack of ability to coach this team into playing a better brand of football…people still holding on to this man. Ah wondering who really have on the blinders.   ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
FIRE HIM NOW

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »

In the end we must ....

Alright....so what is the philosophy??....daiz wha we trying to figure out since he reach....as the coach of the NT he not supposed to be developing players, so ah guess he just looking for the right group of players.  Now if he eh find de right group yet, when he planning to find it??   ???

Anyone in that role eh doing de wuk each day like dey have a sword hanging over dey head ... so de man doing de wuk in phases ... in other words, even after de Hex, and we pull thru, de man would be still confounding de cybermassive because he go still be tinkering ... 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »

Ah waiting.

A national coach responsibility should be; to take what ever talent pool there is available, in that country, teach them how to use their abilities to go forth and wins games. If he can't do that... then he needs to be fired.  He knew in the contract when signed that there would have been consequences and or circumstance to him being terminated for not producing.  After all the valid evidence everyone has posted about this coach as a result to his lack of ability to coach this team into playing a better brand of football…people still holding on to this man. Ah wondering who really have on the blinders.   ???

Define talent pool.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »

Ah waiting.

Define talent pool.

Any players that have been selectively chosen to represent the country. ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »

Ah waiting.

Define talent pool.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yuh cyah do nutten wid you.  :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »
now we have this dentist where none of the players have confidence in him
You know this for a fact bro?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »

Ah waiting.

Define talent pool.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yuh cyah do nutten wid you.  :rotfl:

Man have to be on point with alyuh so. ;D Why everybody want to be Arrow so?  ???
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:52:01 PM by Weh-it-is »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2008, 03:51:49 PM »
I guess it would be appropriate now to inquire why we don't go the route of a Trinidad & Tobago 'A' and a Trinidad & Tobago 'B'? In light of all de 'devalue' talk and your ... very indisciplined definition ;)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2008, 04:05:09 PM »
I don't think by firing Maturana is going to solve the problem...I even think if the #1 coach in the world come to coach T&T there will be the same problem.... i think is the players and there acctability, there focus and there discipline

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
De last thing Maturana has in his favour is the most important thing.....results.  It kinda hard to argue against his results.  We beat Usa for the first time in WCQ.  We draw with guatemala in guatemala with 10 men for 60 minutes.  We beat cuba in cuba.  We qualify for the Hex.  We draw 3 times with jamaica, 2 of them away games.  But we lost to Bermuda and Grenada and we got knocked out of the Gold Cup so he should be fired.  Talk about missin de forest for the trees.

I have no problem with Maturana being fired.  As I say, he doh inspire me with confidence per se....but I go jes be waitin to see who would be the replacement and what kinda RESULTS they will get.  I hope for our sake the results in WCQ doh be less than what we already had.

Very well said and members should take note. What is the priority? The Gold Cup & Hex qualification will all be around the same time. Too many fronts to fight on IMHO.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »
I give up C.O.B.O.S to strong and they have bullet proof ears .And allways ask the same ques ,why yah doh like mats and always just come back and say they should keep him .
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:49:52 PM by Quagmire »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »

So if Maturana stays on you don't expect the results against Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador and a full strength USA to be less than what we already had?  You expect the winning record to continue against stronger opponents with the team playing the way it is currently?

1]; } ?>