April 29, 2024, 04:12:40 AM

Author Topic: El Clasico FC Barcelona vs Madrid C.F - 13 December 08 - Visca el Barça  (Read 20057 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clasico FC Barcelona vs Madrid C.F - 13 December 08 - Visca el Barça
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:22 PM »

Kicker doh lie. When Real route Barca both times last year, yuh real wine down the place. Every opportunity yuh get to remind the Barca men that they get 2 straight cutarse at the hands of Real.

SWEEP!!!!!!! LOL   :rotfl:

Nah ah only pelt some waist because allyuh had to clap us out, and ah know it hurt yuh heart....and yuh real duck meh phone calls too after we pip allyuh in Nou last season....doh play yuh doh remember when I was blowin' up yuh cell from in TTYA...and yuh was mousey mousey lol

But wha bout I tellin' a man in the office about the clash this weekend, and about the magnitude and significance of this rivalry and how I cyah wait...he go ask me:

"Is it like the Yankees -Redsox?"

sigh....lol.

LOL
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »

sigh....lol.

LOL

Allyuh harsh oui. Of course it isn't the same, but if you talking to a man who knows little about international football and you have to put Real Madrid vs Barca in a US sports context..then Yankees v. Red Sox is not a bad proxy. I mean..when Yankees and Red Sox fans meet in playoffs it is equal to a baseball 'classico'. Real passion in the stands and nuff violence off it. Always riots in de streets and big big man does be crying when dey loss. Players hate each other. Nuff fight does interrupt the games..even de coaches does rumble. Pure hate and they acting normal. Hadda start somewhere..But yuh hadda tell him to multiply it by 100 and add a huge does of socio-political drama..and he go get it  :beermug:

plus baseball is rellll shi*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:03:38 PM by Filho »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »

sigh....lol.

LOL

Allyuh harsh oui. Of course it isn't the same, but if you talking to a man who knows little about international football and you have to put Real Madrid vs Barca in a US sports context..then Yankees v. Red Sox is not a bad proxy. I mean..when Yankees and Red Sox fans meet in playoffs it is equal to a baseball 'classico'. Real passion in the stands and nuff violence off it. Always riots in de streets and big big man does be crying when dey loss. Players hate each other. Nuff fight does interrupt the games..even de coaches does rumble. Pure hate and they acting normal. Hadda start somewhere..But yuh hadda tell him to multiply it by 100 and add a huge does of socio-political drama..and he go get it  :beermug:

Man one of de first baseball experience I ever had was going and see Yankees v Red Sox in Yankee Stadium... It was a nice experience, decent vibes... but compared to EL CLASSICO.. It was like spending ah evening discussing the life and history of a solitary tree growing on a desert island, devoid of sentient life.

It had some small heckle here and there but I was like if de Man U prawn sandwich brigade fill up de Highbury Library!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »

sigh....lol.

LOL

Yeah I was just being cynical- Yankees v Redsox is a legit rivalry....

but I've been the Yankees - Redsox showdown in Yankee Stadium....and while yuh could feel the bad blood and history between the teams- from what I've read and observed about el classico it's two different animals....No riot police in plain sight on their marks, no fan protection from security, home & away fans interspersed with eachother throughout the stadium, and after the game yankees & redsox faithful battin' beers normal and peaceful in the same bar...

Two different beasts but yeah I was more on kix to rile up the thread....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »

sigh....lol.

LOL

Man one of de first baseball experience I ever had was going and see Yankees v Red Sox in Yankee Stadium... It was a nice experience, decent vibes... but compared to EL CLASSICO.. It was like spending ah evening discussing the life and history of a solitary tree growing on a desert island, devoid of sentient life.

It had some small heckle here and there but I was like if de Man U prawn sandwich brigade fill up de Highbury Library!

:rotfl:

Buh why Filho always have to come een like Mahatma Ghandi boy? Always trying to keep the peace.  :)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »

It was like spending ah evening discussing the life and history of a solitary tree growing on a desert island, devoid of sentient life.

like a Wigan vs West Bromwich Albion

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 08:01:55 AM »

It was like spending ah evening discussing the life and history of a solitary tree growing on a desert island, devoid of sentient life.

like Jill vs Katherine on de Young and de Restless (doh play allyuh doh know what I talking about) :devil: :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »

like Jill vs Katherine on de Young and de Restless (play yuh doh know) :devil: :devil:

That is a rivalry of epic proportions which could probably upstage the clasico in certain demographics across T&T.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 08:28:16 AM »

like Jill vs Katherine on de Young and de Restless (doh play allyuh doh know what I talking about) :devil: :devil:

Oh gosh! Nah boy!! It have rivalry and it have rivalry and that is the upper echelon of war.
Jill cs Katherine in such illustrious company as Israel vs Pallestine and USA vs Bin Laden.

Look some yt videos to hold men over till Sat.

Back in the days when R10 use to say he prayers visibly before a game.
Back in the days when the Judas was still in Real.
Back in the days when R10 use to shake Roberto Carlos hand before the game and then beat him like ah thief.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_hPAC2S5pU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6_hPAC2S5pU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hbAfbTqbzVU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hbAfbTqbzVU</a>

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 11:47:09 AM »

:rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »
you believe i wont get to see this game live. i willl be on d boat. :'(
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 07:17:49 PM »
Spanish Prime Minister: Barcelona Will Beat Madrid 5-1!

Rarely do diplomats get down from the fence to voice their opinions but today Spanish prime minister, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, made his feelings firmly known about El Clásico, saying Barcelona will thrash Madrid...

El Clásico's claim to be one of the biggest matches in world football is rarely in doubt but if it needed approval straight from the top, then it got it today.

Spanish daily Marca spoke to José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, the prime minister of Spain, about the game and he was not shy about letting his feelings be known.

Zapatero, who is a passionate Barcelona fan, said that he believes the Blaugrana will win 5-1 when his side meet Real Madrid this Saturday evening in the Camp Nou.

Not only did he make that rather bold statement, but he then went on to further insult the quality of the defending La Liga champions.

The president declared that Cultural Leonesa, his hometown team, 'have a better defence than Real Madrid.'

Bearing in mind that Cultural are in Segunda División B - Group 1, that is quite some claim, albeit one that doesn't look too wide of the mark in recent times.

Goal.com

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
prime minister u was surely getting my vote if i was spanish. u defintely have to be a sensible fella.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 08:21:41 PM »
like all politicians, this man real outta touch with reality. I still saving some hope for a good contest come weekend

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 09:29:18 PM »
like all politicians, this man real outta touch with reality. I still saving some hope for a good contest come weekend

I have a gut feeling that Real will shock Barca.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 03:37:34 AM »
toppa take 2 panadol for that feeling

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 04:44:16 AM »
lol @ all the people that actually believe Real has a chance. You guys obviously haven't been watching both of these sides play this season.

Anyway, are we getting this game on tv at all, or internet viewing only?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 08:20:10 AM »
lol @ all the people that actually believe Real has a chance. You guys obviously haven't been watching both of these sides play this season.

Haven't checked but I'd be shocked outta my skull if it's not broadcasted on GOLTV...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »

Haven't checked but I'd be shocked outta my skull if it's not broadcasted on GOLTV...

Live at 4 est  - GolTv, GolTV-Canada, WorldSportHD

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 10:48:35 AM »

you mean you think they will collect more than 5?

haha. just kix. game is played on the field. not in the media...which is doing everything to overhype Madrid's underdog status and Barca's top dog status. Doh get me wrong, given the form books and home advantage, Barca supposed to take it. But this is de flecking clasico....and I find too much people looking to goatmout meh squad  :devil: Both sides will come out guns blazing. And I have no doubt that someone will get a red card to tilt the balance of the scales..we'll see who

On a side note Sevilla playing Villareal in Sevilla. So Barca have extra incentive to take the points and extend their lead at the top.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2008, 11:30:31 AM »

haha. just kix. game is played on the field. not in the media...which is doing everything to overhype Madrid's underdog status and Barca's top dog status. Doh get me wrong, given the form books and home advantage, Barca supposed to take it. But this is de flecking clasico....and I find too much people looking to goatmout meh squad  :devil: Both sides will come out guns blazing. And I have no doubt that someone will get a red card to tilt the balance of the scales..we'll see who

On a side note Sevilla playing Villareal in Sevilla. So Barca have extra incentive to take the points and extend their lead at the top.

When you look at Madrid's performance & results, compared to Barca (and Madrid's injury list and management troubles)- the underdog/topdog status isn't really being over-hyped.  From a pragmatic view, it is what it is....  It's scary (for me  ;D) to think about it but this could very well be a lopsided clasico with an embarrasing scoreline.... But I agree that with these sorta rivalries conventional wisdom goes out the door, and with the inflated egos and irrational emotions on either side of the half line, ain't nobody on the ball tomorrow considering himself an underdog- each player/team feels as entitled as the other to take the 3 points ....can't wait!!

VIVA LOS BLANCOS!!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:34:08 AM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »

I think barca have more to worry about than Villareal playing Sevilla. If you tink Real madrid going down easy ..yuh better think again.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

I think barca have more to worry about than Villareal playing Sevilla. If you tink Real madrid going down easy ..yuh better think again.

which is what I've been saying all along.
and which is why the Villa vs Sevilla mention is a 'side note'

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »

lol, yeah yeah... all of a sudden they're magically going to start playing good football. I mean seriously, have you seen their defense???  :rotfl: C'mon guys... BAD cut arse coming real's way, just accept it.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »
I damn vex cuz now Real Have a excuse. Dey get dey ass cut...oh..we in turmoil....dey manange to sneak a win or a point...dey go trumpet it from the rooftops. That being said....i looking forward to a good game tomorrow.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
First off, meh bamsee making mehgee like I going and sit an exam.

Secondly, I wish Real's De La Red all the best as he might not ever be able to play competitive football again.

Barcelona v Real Madrid: Preview

New Real Madrid boss Juande Ramos says his side have nothing to fear in Saturday's highly-anticipated derby clash against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

Ramos took over from Bernd Schuster after the German coach was sacked on Tuesday.

Following his side's 4-3 defeat at home to Sevilla on Sunday, Schuster had claimed that the champions would not be able to beat Barcelona. That negative statement appeared to be the last straw for the Madrid board and the German was soon relieved of his duties, despite having brought two titles to the club last season.

The club wasted no time in appointing Ramos - who was recently sacked by Tottenham - until the end of the season.

The former Spurs boss then led his new side to an impressive 3-0 win over Zenit St Petersburg in the Champions League on Wednesday.

And Ramos was in a positive mood ahead of El Clasico.

"In this type of games there is no clear favourite,'' he said.

"The team is in good shape and we are convinced we can win the match, the players are very ambitious.''

The former Sevilla coach says he has not contemplated losing.

"Losing is not in my vocabulary at the moment,'' he said.

Ramos was full of praise for Barcelona, but believes the Catalans are beatable.

"Barcelona play great football and their players work perfectly together, but we are going for the victory. No team is invincible,'' he said.

And the new Madrid boss said he may adopt a five-man defence to deal with Barcelona's star-studded attack.

"I won't rule out using five defenders,'' he said.

"We could also play with four in defence, but only the players and I know how we have to play.''

Madrid currently sit in fifth place, a full nine points behind Barcelona.

And the champions' season has been blighted by a string of injuries.

Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra and Ruben De La Red are all sidelined for the rest of the campaign, while Gabriel Heinze, Pepe and Miguel Torres will also miss the game through injury.

Recent signing Klaas Jan Huntelaar is also injured, but is ineligible until January anyway.

Huntelaar's fellow Dutch international, Wesley Sneijder, has been called up to the squad for the derby, but the midfielder has not fully recovered from the injury he picked up against Getafe two weeks ago and is unlikely to be risked.

"If he's not OK, it's better not to risk it because he could break down and be out for another four weeks,'' said Ramos.

Marcelo and Arjen Robben also miss out through suspension.

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola warned his players that Madrid's long list of casualties may make the champions even more dangerous.

"I have no idea which team Juande Ramos will pick because I'm not in Valdebebas (where Madrid train), but I am more scared of them with all these players out than if they came here with all of them (fit),'' he said.

"They are Real Madrid players and in that sense, it's a team like Barca: a team in which there are no second-rate players.''

Barcelona lost the corresponding fixture 1-0 last season and were thrashed 4-1 when the two teams met at the Santiago Bernabeu, a game in which the Catalan outfit were forced to welcome Madrid onto the pitch with a guard of honour as Schuster's side had just been crowned champions.

But Guardiola - who was Barca's youth team coach at the time - hopes revenge is not a motivating factor for his players.

"I hope they don't set out for revenge, that shouldn't be the way to go,'' he said.

"If we are able to concentrate on the game, the result will be the consequence of what happens (on the pitch) and we will have our chances, but I've told them to forget about the past and concentrate on the game.''

And Guardiola warned his players that, despite their rivals' obvious problems this season, Madrid are still champions.

"We'll go for it from the start, the result will be what it will be after that, but nobody should forget that we are up against the champions: that's my message,'' he said.

Andres Iniesta will train before the game and could make a surprise return following more than a month on the sidelines.

Should the Spain midfielder be deemed fit to play, Gabi Milito will be the only Barcelona player sidelined for the match.

The Argentina defender is still recovering from a long-term injury and has not featured all season.

Up front, Samuel Eto'o returns from suspension and looks set to start in the centre forward role.

That means Thierry Henry - who scored a hat-trick in last week's 4-0 thrashing of Valencia - will revert to left side of the team's three-pronged attack, with Lionel Messi on the right.

Barcelona lead the Primera Liga by six points from Villarreal, having won 11 or their past 12 league matches.

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

lol, yeah yeah... all of a sudden they're magically going to start playing good football. I mean seriously, have you seen their defense???  :rotfl: C'mon guys... BAD cut arse coming real's way, just accept it.

I love it. You're raising my spirits even higher. Keep bragging.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »
Gonzalo Higuain and Gago dere folks ..dem fellas accustomed wid classicos ... one thing you could be sure about ...no matter who leading or playing badly ..this one eh no easy call.

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2008, 01:28:26 AM »

I love it. You're raising my spirits even higher. Keep bragging.

lol ok. Now I'll give you my prediction: Barca 3 Real 0. However, Barca have not forgotten what happened last year so I would not be surprised to see 4 or 5 goals going past Casillas.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:33:53 AM by vapotrini »

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:42 AM »
what time is this game Trini time

1]; } ?>