April 28, 2024, 03:43:41 AM

Author Topic: Suggestions for our new national coach!!  (Read 14314 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for our new national coach!!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Here is a Suggestion.... Pick the best Foreign Based (tried and trusted) and the best PFL... if man not sweating with they club and huffing and puffin if they run up and down the field once, den bench them....

But thais de selection criteria not so... Ent Maturana/Corneal say that when Birchall was benching for Coventry, Sancho had no club etc..

but Hyland was getting pick right through.. Seon Power get draft in just so.. doh mind he ent really recover and playing a pile for Joe Public... Whitley get draft in and draft out and draft back in... doh mind he have drop foot for W Connection... Daniel ent play no club ball since September...

So it really ent have no criteria then?

p.s. I agree with your suggestion

You advocatin droppin Daniel from de team?  Whitley too?

Yes.. if dat is de criteria! If yuh want to represent yuh country.. put yuh best foot forward.. that mean taking care of yourself and conducting yuhself as a professional. Put out your best at your club and try your best to stay match fit... so when country calls you will be ready!

too much starboy ting where man feel dey pick guarantee, doh matter what!

So by dat "criteria" ah guess when Latapy cyah even make bench fuh Falkirk, or Lawrence couldn't make de bench fuh Swansea, or Yorke couldn't make de bench for Sunderland, or Carlos Edwards couldn't make de bench for Sunderland, or how Ince injured now and cyah represent Walsall and if he come back and have to play second fiddle, or how Birchall couldn't find ANYBODY to take he, to be CONSISTENT and NO STAR BOY TING....dem should be dropped too?

Yep.. ah was going and drop Latapy name in dere... but ah was waiting for you to come and post dat...

but hear de ting with dem names yuh mentioned... Dey playing and training in superior leagues and are proven to be a cut above the locally based players... and when they are around, everybody's performance increases... can you say de same for the local men?

de local based who getting selected and not with no club ent really categorically a cut above the rest, so what then should be the difference? what then should be the criteria for these men?

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
Fenwick

Yeah man...good choice...if Mexican or Costa Rican players score on us in the hex he could take dem out...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
We need ah latin coach who know's the style of spanish players & coaches since there are 4 spanish teams in the hex.

my suggestions = jose pekkerman, ricardo la-volpe, zagalo, or one of our own,stephen hart.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:21:29 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 12:31:27 PM »
Fenwick eh leaving dat nice wok at he club to wok for TTFF! Trust me on dat

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:55 PM »
We need ah latin coach who know's the style of spanish players & coaches since there are 4 spanish teams in the hex.

my suggestions = jose pekkerman, ricardo la-volpe, zagalo, or one of our own,stephen heart.

ok i didnt think about hart. that's not a bad choice at all!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 01:40:15 PM »
Fenwick eh leaving dat nice wok at he club to wok for TTFF! Trust me on dat

He would and after due consideration I would have him as #1 instead of Latapy. Simply becz he is the one most knowledgeable about the local players. And before I forget we dont need any more latin coaches. We dont play their type of football and if we have to go foreign then we must go european. that gives a better blend as Fenwick surely knows.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:46:23 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »
Bruce Arena... he would get some repect
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
1. fenwick
2. latas
3. yorke

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
Maybe Fenick after this campaign...cause he coming with youths
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »

my suggestions = jose pekkerman, ricardo la-volpe, zagalo, or one of our own,stephen hart.

I "agree" with a "Latin coach", but not necessarily at the senior NT level. Definitely none of the first 3 capture my attention ... and fuh some reason yuh list dem in increasing order of repugnance?

And watch meh, when Maturana departs, dat shouldn't bring in a chill on the relevance of South American coaches, as some suggest.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
Latapy and Yorke not ready for no national team Head Coach position if you looking for success. I for sure not paying no $500 because is Yorke or Latapy coaching and we getting licks. Alyuh have to be joking. I realize this National football thing is ah big joke for people. Fire Maturana, to replace him with Latapy and Yorke? You know how long it will take to get to the "norming phase".
Fellas get serious, and stop making suggestions based on emotions. It will be a while before Yorke and Latapy ready. One indication that they eh ready yet is their yearning to play still.

We will alawyas be shyte cause the fans can't even be logical or real, how the hell the management will be.  >:(

Yuh paying attention!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
We bloodin players leh we blood d coach we eh goin WC wit dumbtist so leh we blood Latas 4 2014.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Latapy and Yorke not ready for no national team Head Coach position if you looking for success. I for sure not paying no $500 because is Yorke or Latapy coaching and we getting licks. Alyuh have to be joking. I realize this National football thing is ah big joke for people. Fire Maturana, to replace him with Latapy and Yorke? You know how long it will take to get to the "norming phase".
Fellas get serious, and stop making suggestions based on emotions. It will be a while before Yorke and Latapy ready. One indication that they eh ready yet is their yearning to play still.

We will alawyas be shyte cause the fans can't even be logical or real, how the hell the management will be.  >:(

You really taking dese jokers seriously ? I asking for dem to name a replacement long time ..examine their suggestions carefully ...you tink you could trust any of them with your money ? The best they could come up with is latapy and yorke ...so is two men who not coaching anybody, never coach anybody and on the players bench for their teams that we want to put in charge of our world cup effort !
Nice man ..real nice !

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2008, 09:23:59 PM »
My suggestions for the new coach would be Sven

1. He knows TT and is familiar with some players from 2006 scouting.
2. He knows/ would know of most TT players from Mexico's scouting for TT as they looked ahead for the Hex.
3. He knows our biggest threat in the next round, Mexico.
4. He knows Honduras
5. (I assume) he knows the US.
6. Experience - yes
7. English - yes
8. Affordability - Maybe? Would depend on how deep Jack's pockets are.
9. Availablity - Possible. What comes out of the next meeting of Mexican coaches could be our gain.
10. Motive - weather, woman and to stick it to Mexico.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »
Nakhid
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

2. He knows/ would know of most TT players from Mexico's scouting for TT as they looked ahead for the Hex.
4. He knows Honduras
6. Experience - yes
7. English - yes
9. Availablity - Possible. What comes out of the next meeting of Mexican coaches could be our gain.

Sure why not go for de man who failed to get england to the European Cup finals ....and eh doing as expected for mexico either .....surely he can do it for us !

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 09:39:05 PM »

Sure why not go for de man who failed to get england to the European Cup finals ....and eh doing as expected for mexico either .....surely he can do it for us !

With all due respect, I don't think our goal is to make it to a Euro Cup Finals, or World Cup Trophy for that matter.
I believe the goal at this stage is to get to the World Cup Finals in South Africa and improve on our showing at the last WC.

Standing in our way of that goal is qualifying through the hex.
His knowledge of the competition, and some of our players could give him an edge versus some of the other suggestions put forth.
It's easy to argue that no-one would know our players better than our own coaches. However, that didn't stop Beenhaker from taking us to the WC, which was our goal 4 years ago.

.... and while Sven didn't work for England or Mexico - maybe their standards and expectations from their NT performances are higher than ours.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »

4. He knows Honduras
6. Experience - yes
7. English - yes

As bad as you could want to believe Sven was... yuh do him ah great disservice by confusing him with Steve McClaren
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »

hmmmmmmm what about a coach who could develop our players to defend against any style of play.....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 10:30:21 PM »
Or have a fitness level of the Yanks, Mexicans or Costa Ricans  :-\

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:25 AM »

4. He knows Honduras
6. Experience - yes
7. English - yes

You taking 'knows' to all kinda places it has never been.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »
Fenwick

Agreed.....

How about a US Coach???

Many times I have suggested this and always get grief from the forum, but in the meantime the US has qualified for every World Cup since beating us in 89, so let's think outside the box and incorporate Yorke and Latas in the technical squad

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 06:03:01 AM »
Latapy and Yorke seem like good choices simply because when are there around the team looks much better: organized, assertive, aggressive, like they actually have a plan............so I ask this, is that plan maturana's plan that isn't being properly executed by the locals he pickin now, because it sure as hell dont seem so.

1+ for giving dem a chance because I feel dem doin it a'ready, an dem same fellas that man does be waisin down "aklie" does even look the part.......though be it in shades

my 2 centts.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:08:33 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2008, 06:22:03 AM »
Maybe Fenick after this campaign...cause he coming with youths

daiz the best choice ....Fenwick knows the footballing culture and how to get youths to play with discipline and for the team. Also he would best know who his rivals best players are right now and those that promising to be bright players.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2008, 06:26:08 AM »
Nakhid

I feel he have the potential and leadership to be a good coach, i hope he doing his badges somewhere besides the middle east
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2008, 06:43:50 AM »
Here is a Suggestion.... Pick the best Foreign Based (tried and trusted) and the best PFL... if man not sweating with they club and huffing and puffin if they run up and down the field once, den bench them....

But thais de selection criteria not so... Ent Maturana/Corneal say that when Birchall was benching for Coventry, Sancho had no club etc..

but Hyland was getting pick right through.. Seon Power get draft in just so.. doh mind he ent really recover and playing a pile for Joe Public... Whitley get draft in and draft out and draft back in... doh mind he have drop foot for W Connection... Daniel ent play no club ball since September...

So it really ent have no criteria then?

p.s. I agree with your suggestion

You advocatin droppin Daniel from de team?  Whitley too?

Yes.. if dat is de criteria! If yuh want to represent yuh country.. put yuh best foot forward.. that mean taking care of yourself and conducting yuhself as a professional. Put out your best at your club and try your best to stay match fit... so when country calls you will be ready!

too much starboy ting where man feel dey pick guarantee, doh matter what!

So by dat "criteria" ah guess when Latapy cyah even make bench fuh Falkirk, or Lawrence couldn't make de bench fuh Swansea, or Yorke couldn't make de bench for Sunderland, or Carlos Edwards couldn't make de bench for Sunderland, or how Ince injured now and cyah represent Walsall and if he come back and have to play second fiddle, or how Birchall couldn't find ANYBODY to take he, to be CONSISTENT and NO STAR BOY TING....dem should be dropped too?

Yep.. ah was going and drop Latapy name in dere... but ah was waiting for you to come and post dat...

but hear de ting with dem names yuh mentioned... Dey playing and training in superior leagues and are proven to be a cut above the locally based players... and when they are around, everybody's performance increases... can you say de same for the local men?

de local based who getting selected and not with no club ent really categorically a cut above the rest, so what then should be the difference? what then should be the criteria for these men?

Thanks FF

My assumptions were also based on, "The Touches Match Report" the videos that Shaun use to post, B.M. question on getting match fit, and the games.....

Sometimes watching the drills I use to hang my head in shame.... some ah these men cayr make simple touches, passes, traps or flicks.... If you watch the US games with A. Edwards notice how many times he passes the ball forward, or miss passes? TnT footballers always looks sluggish especially the Local Boys....

I said the tried and tested Foreign based, that did not include everyone, but every player that we used, who is worth their salt. These players train and play at a much more disciplined level.... What is our players fitness levels in our local leagues compared to Mexicans in their local leagues, US players in MLS or even English players in EPL???

Sometimes I feel Palos does play devil advocate, to show us, it doh matter how much we, mull, deliberate or assess, the TTFF always play who they want to play..... :-[

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 06:46:23 AM »
Fenwick

Agreed.....

How about a US Coach???

Many times I have suggested this and always get grief from the forum, but in the meantime the US has qualified for every World Cup since beating us in 89, so let's think outside the box and incorporate Yorke and Latas in the technical squad

That's a good solution.... since the US is the undisputed no 1 in Concacaf...  Fenwick is not a bad choice...!

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2008, 07:01:02 AM »
Leo
Bora
La Volpe
Vranes
a minute in football is a very long time...

1]; } ?>