April 26, 2024, 08:29:58 PM

Author Topic: The "Corbeaux" brand.....  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
The "Corbeaux" brand.....
« on: September 26, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »

As you all know every country on earth has its on style of play and it is usually heavily influenced by the culture of the country. Brazil has samba and thus their beautiful game, England has their "Bulldog" longball-physical style, France has its flair, and Italy has its catanaccio, Germans have their disciplined "stick-to-the-plan" style, even the US has its boring "run,run,run, work,work,work" style or approach.

Well after hearing many posters on the site refer to our local style as the "Corbeaux brand", it made me think. Why should our style not take after our Carnival, Steelband riddym, calypso, chutney, and soca melodies, or even we Tassa percussions? The answer is clear to any true Soca Warrior Supporter because like me, you would have been through all the heart-attacks that our brand sometimes cause. Our "Corbeaux" brand could dismantle the best team in the world on one day and the next day collect 5 in we pweffen from side like Guatemala, such is the pain associated with we "Corbeaux" brand.

And why not, you cannot predict what a real corbeaux will do, a corbeaux will circle whole day high up in the sky looking pretty-too-bad doing all kind ah formation but when they finally come down to earth they is just a scavenger. Yet still if folkore holds true, corbeauxs have sometimes been known to prey on the weak, so if yuh let down your guard wid ah hungry corbeau....."crappeaux smoke yuh pipe".

So this is why we players does confuse many big time managers, they dont look very threatening, in fact they look like they puttng more form over substance but dont be frustrated with the brand because for all the Bermuda, and recent US scavenger-performances dat we show, we can also confuse and frustrate the best, just ask the likes of Argentina, England, Mexico and Sweden.

Doi!Doi!Doi!.....vibes it up.....Latapy in-ah-d-area!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: The "Corbeaux" brand.....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
but dont be frustrated with the brand because for all the Bermuda, and recent US scavenger-performances dat we show, we can also confuse and frustrate the best, just ask the likes of Argentina, England, Mexico and Sweden.

Dem only confuse because wit Maturana in charge, nobody could scout we.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Re: The "Corbeaux" brand.....
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »
[[/quote]

Dem only confuse because wit Maturana in charge, nobody could scout we.
[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good point Palos...like Pacho playing "king corbeaux"... :devil:

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
WHAT IS CORBEAU(COBO) BRAND FOOTBALL?!!?!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
Now this name has been bouncing around this message for as the last year or so. Now my fellow forummites, I would like for ya'll to define CORBEAU brand football ???.  Let me start, I think corbeau brand football is a 'dead' kinda football, mainly stacking the defense and more or less playing for a draw.  Not much creativity or offense, just waiting  :P

discuss...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT IS CORBEAU(COBO) BRAND FOOTBALL?!!?!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
Yuh waitin on a swift MERGE...

if consistency is a standard dat is... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>