April 23, 2024, 01:58:31 AM

Author Topic: Gold Cup-out.  (Read 8395 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Cup-out.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »
Tallman , could we get in the gold cup as a guest? columbia and brazil did, and so did MEX, and USA  in the copa america. what's the chances of that happening?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
Tallman , could we get in the gold cup as a guest? columbia and brazil did, and so did MEX, and USA  in the copa america. what's the chances of that happening?

I thought they announce de other year no more guest teams... they wanted ah true regional tournament.
I don't recall any guest teams last time neither...

De last time Canada give up dey spot for Jamaica in '98 because Jamaica qualify for de World Cup...

What we qualify for? and what we adding to the tournament?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »
Canada give up dem spot to Jamaica at the GC in 97 or 98 (not sure).  So tell Jack throw dem some $$$ and see what happens  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 02:19:56 PM »
Ehy alyuh be happy we not in the Gold Cup.

Alyuh want to unleash the shit(corbeaux) brand to the world.

Nah Nah let that be our little secret in this neck of the woods.

Alyuh ent feel shame enough after the 3 the USA put on us... Is better we have our opponents think that we are a shit side, than actually have them run out there and confirm it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »
Canada give up dem spot to Jamaica at the GC in 97 or 98 (not sure).  So tell Jack throw dem some $$$ and see what happens  ;D

We need to get the facts straight on this one. I dont believe Canada gave up its spot in the Gold Cup to accomodate Jamaica. CONCACAF was in the habbit of accomodating guest teams (from other confeds) in the tournament...the Jamaica Football Federation asked them to invite Jamaica as the gues team that year seeing that they had qualified for the world cup and didnt make the Gold Cup finals. It made sense at the time, and CONCACAF obliged.

Qualifying for the Hex is not as significant as qualifying for the world cup finals...so dont expect CONCACAF to grant T&T any favors at another nation's expense. Unless of course Jack can find away to make it happen.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
Ehy alyuh be happy we not in the Gold Cup.

Alyuh want to unleash the shit(corbeaux) brand to the world.

Nah Nah let that be our little secret in this neck of the woods.

Alyuh ent feel shame enough after the 3 the USA put on us... Is better we have our opponents think that we are a shit side, than actually have them run out there and confirm it.

:rotfl:
All hail the corbeaux!!!.... :notworthy: :notworthy:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 02:35:11 PM »
for me, living on the outside looking in... I think that we could use that time wisely to prepare for the WCQ games... we could actually consider taking on European and South American teams who (unlike us) are not playing WCQ games and improve our brand
Like who? All dem South American and European sides involved in WCQs.

Where is Colin Samuel?... His experience is crucial... Silvio could get some serious minutes during that time too...
What crucial experience does Collin Samuel bring? Why should Spann be getting minutes when he rarely even makes the bench for a Conference side?

If you could name someone else with more penetration and creativity on the left, then I will listen... until then (with respect) relax for a bit... given the time frame every one of those European/South American teams would love a warm up fixture, and unlike JA we have a qualifying competition to look forward to...

As much as I like to see my countrymen do well, Collin Samuel has not been in any kind of scintillating form since he was at Falkirk. For the national team he has only sporadically shown these penetrative runs yuh talking bout. For some reason I feel you still stuck on his performance against Iceland. Me eh denying dat he have ability, but I just haven't seen any sort of consistency from him on the national or club front in the last 5 years.

Yes, every one of those European/South American teams would love a warm up fixture, but why against us? How would we help them in their qualifying campaign? I eh saying it impossible to get a match with one ah dem, but I eh tink dey go be necessarily banging down de door to play us.

I agree with what yuh say here but part of the problem is that he has never been given any extended run of games for the national team for one reason or the other.  I seems like he plays a game or two then is out of the team.  He played well in the first world cup game against Sweden  and didn't play another minute in the world cup.  

This is exactly why qualifying for the gold cup was important.  It would have given the coaches another opportunity to look at players like Colin Samuel in an important tournament.  

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »

We need to get the facts straight on this one. I dont believe Canada gave up its spot in the Gold Cup to accomodate Jamaica. CONCACAF was in the habbit of accomodating guest teams (from other confeds) in the tournament...the Jamaica Football Federation asked them to invite Jamaica as the gues team that year seeing that they had qualified for the world cup and didnt make the Gold Cup finals. It made sense at the time, and CONCACAF obliged.

Qualifying for the Hex is not as significant as qualifying for the world cup finals...so dont expect CONCACAF to grant T&T any favors at another nation's expense. Unless of course Jack can find away to make it happen.

How can you get eliminated and then get invited as a guest?

Here is the official CONCACAF Report Read what it says:      http://www.rsssf.com/tables/98gc.html     
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »
Ah could just imagine de backlash if we are allowed to play in de gold cup.  People does done say how we only have success because Jack Warner buy it.  I think we should just accept that we didn't make it and line up some good friendlies instead.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 03:29:33 PM »
kalliman 2006 what about friendlies,surely we can get some and it wont be as intensive as the GC where injuries are waiting to happen.

Friendlies might help, but given the almost pathological inability of the powers that be in T&T football to make that happen, that might be a moot point. I thnk that we may be better off playing in the Gold Cup, since friendlies always seem to be scheduled, but never played.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »
I hope Jack don't pull string to play in the WC, because we don't deserve to be there. We lost fair and square. It would be unfair to the other teams who fought just as hard or harder that TT to go thru. to the second rounds.

I know JA had gotten a special invite because they had qualified for the WC. But you could look at it as the same with TT. They got knock out in the prelim. that year fair and square. Rules are made to be broken. That just it. I disagree with Reggae-Fan that qualifying for the Hex is not as important as qualifying for the WC. Well, before going to the WC you MUST participate in the HEx. Unless they bring back back invitees to the WC

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »

How can you get eliminated and then get invited as a guest?

Here is the official CONCACAF Report Read what it says:      http://www.rsssf.com/tables/98gc.html     

RF jes tryin to pull a fas one.....as usual.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 04:02:34 PM »
Deeks, yuh mean yuh hope Jack doh pull strings to play in de "Gold Cup " right?  If yuh really mean we doh deserve to be in de WC already, brace fuh some cuss from de hooligans
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
Fantastic,
 Yep, yuh right. Is GC not WC.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 06:18:56 PM »
Release d cobeau 4 d world 2 c.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 03:17:53 AM »
Canada did give up its place for the Reggaebritz as they were then and there is no doubt about that.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 07:18:57 AM »
I hope Jack don't pull string to play in the WC, because we don't deserve to be there. We lost fair and square. It would be unfair to the other teams who fought just as hard or harder that TT to go thru. to the second rounds.

I know JA had gotten a special invite because they had qualified for the WC. But you could look at it as the same with TT. They got knock out in the prelim. that year fair and square. Rules are made to be broken. That just it. I disagree with Reggae-Fan that qualifying for the Hex is not as important as qualifying for the WC. Well, before going to the WC you MUST participate in the HEx. Unless they bring back back invitees to the WC

:o :o
Allyuh really good yes...no wonder it have so crime in the country  ::)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »
watch this space, cause there is a possibility that one of the 4 caribbean teams that made the god cup might drop out.
Grenada have FIFA wrangling, u never know what could happen to them (ahem JW), plus together with Cuba, you never know what going on financially or otherwise with them...

Guadalupe and Jamaica will be there for sure.

Wonder if it will have a playoff then between us and haiti for that spot if it happens.

we have nothing to lose now, just hope.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 07:11:16 AM »
Did You not read the plans ? During the Gold Cup we will be in camp in England. Then big countries we will be taking on as preparation? Let us hope that Maturana has a settled squad by then and good replacement on the bench. Personally , I would like to see us play Venezuela and some South American countries. Maybe a game againdst Columbia will be the icing on the cake.

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »
No. A game against Colombia in Miamiwould be icing on the cake ;D

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2008, 01:41:21 PM »
Did You not read the plans ? During the Gold Cup we will be in camp in England. Then big countries we will be taking on as preparation? Let us hope that Maturana has a settled squad by then and good replacement on the bench. Personally , I would like to see us play Venezuela and some South American countries. Maybe a game againdst Columbia will be the icing on the cake.

Where you read that?
Hart for president

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »
I say we go b tourin Europe doh worry now JW say so. So u know is Guyana in oui pweefen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2008, 02:41:59 PM »
NOt Qualifyin for the GC could be a blessing in disguise for T&T.
dont ask me what but im jus feeling that it could be

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »
I hope they take the squad to Europe to prepare and play some Euros. Any country, I don't care. I hope Jack don't try to bring us into the GC. We don't deserve to be there. Use the resources to prepare the WC for the Hex.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nicaragua shocks Guatemala 2-0 to claim last berth in CONCACAF Gold Cup
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009, 05:58:04 AM »
Nicaragua shocks Guatemala 2-0 to claim last berth in CONCACAF Gold Cup
CONCACAF.com

Nicaragua qualified for the CONCACAF Gold Cup for the first time, stunning Guatemala 2-0 Thursday night to complete the 12-team field.

Samuel Wilson’s pair of goals gave Nicaragua’s fifth place in the Central American Nations Cup, matching its best performance achieved previously in 2005.

The loss left Guatemala in sixth place in the Copa de Naciones Digicel de UNCAF, a title it won eight years ago and a tournament it had never finished worse than third. It did not enter the 1993 championship.

Nicaragua had never beaten Guatemala in 16 previous tries, earning one draw – in 1986 in a friendly -- and losing the other 15 times.

Los Pinoleros, which opened the tournament with a shocking 1-1 draw against El Salvador, joins los Cuscatlecos, Costa Rica, Honduras and Panama as Central America’s qualifers to the Gold Cup. Nicaragua is the last team in the field that also will feature Canada, Mexico and the United States from the North Zone, and Jamaica, Grenada, Guadeloupe and Cuba from the Caribbean.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »
That is a surprise!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »
very good Nicarauga.... go and give Jamaica 10...
so el salvador get knock out ??..like we ???..mama
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2009, 07:02:24 AM »
very good Nicarauga.... go and give Jamaica 10...
so el salvador get knock out ??..like we ???..mama
    Bigmagician , I understand some people like RF and J2099 like to hype about Jamaica ,
but man what do you have against Jamaica ? , why are you so bitter towards us ? RF and J2099
have bigmouths and love to show off on a team in a rebuilding stage . I have followed your post
and you never had anything good to say about your caribbean compatriots . Brother no man is a island
and no man stand alone , why are you so bitter towards them ?. Over to you sir .

When SVG Knock Ja out of Gold cup they were laughters , now Grenada gave TNT the Boot
nobody laugh cause we understand the situation. We in Ja ... wanted a TNT Jamaica Finals .
come on man .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:08:08 AM by CaribMan »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »
I now checkin some results, Panama beat Honduras 1-0, and El Salvador - Costa Rica ended because El Salvador were down to 6 players.

1]; } ?>