April 30, 2024, 12:03:33 AM

Author Topic: Any Runners Out There?  (Read 10664 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any Runners Out There?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
Road running is not healthy for your knees & back- so try if you can to run on a T&F track, soft turf or on grass.  Also get your shoes fitted.  I have a bad case of plantaar fasciitis from continuous road running in shoes that aren't perfectly fitted.  If you have low archs and pronate i.e. walk on the inside of your feet.....or the opposite- have unusually high archs and supinate i.e. walk on the outside of your feet (like I do).... you should be very careful with road running...you might have to buy in-soles for your shoes

Also stretch properly before and after...

If you're running distance, make sure you're technique is "heel to toe".  Running on the balls of your feet (or toes), is effective for sprinting...but can cause ligament tears if persisted with over long distances...

Running (and swimming) are probably the two best natural carb burning/weight loss activities, but could be more harmful than healthy if you don't know what you're doing.

And if you're going for a long hard run in hot temperatures, eat well before, (running on an empty stomach can cause nausea & dizzyness).... and of course keep your fluid intake up.

Good luck

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »
I gorn and take Omar advice and 4k up meh ankle yesterday.

I went with meh fass self and play I running in the grass around the savannah...trip/went down in a hole...and kilkitay meh ankle.

Well I cuss.

But I run it off...when I slow down it hurt more so I run  while the blood was hot.

Then when I reach home is some sprints on meh hill...

I ice it...and take a volterin.

It was sore today but I run/walk a chancellor.

I feel I go rest tomorrow....I go play last in meh small goal sweat in the night.

I feeling lil excited...I get meh race number and rules and route etc....Stadium down wrightson road across colville street and up ariapita and a lap of the stadium.

I should be alright.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »

I went with meh fass self and play I running in the grass around the savannah...trip/went down in a hole...and kilkitay meh ankle.

Well I cuss.

But I run it off...when I slow down it hurt more so I run  while the blood was hot.

I feel I go rest tomorrow....I go play last in meh small goal sweat in the night.

I feeling lil excited...I get meh race number and rules and route etc....Stadium down wrightson road across colville street and up ariapita and a lap of the stadium.

I should be alright.

Damn you have me here feeling shame... hard tuh hit de road when I coming home after 10 pm in 30 degree weather doh.  Mih latest excuse is ah waiting fuh it to climb above 40 F

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2009, 07:28:12 AM »

You, of all people, should know better than that.
The savannah full ah all kind ah bombay, pothole and ants nest and you gone running in it blind blind.

Yuh luck yuh eh go through ah hole and end up in China.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

Well I cuss.

I should be alright.

oh lawd.. sorry to hear that dread.

i know it have some parts on the inside grass that ok to run but some other parts that is some trap like coming around by the corner by memorial park/hospital side. is either that or is yuh K foot.  :D

hope it eh nothing serious, but ice and rest.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »

oh lawd.. sorry to hear that dread.

i know it have some parts on the inside grass that ok to run but some other parts that is some trap like coming around by the corner by memorial park/hospital side. is either that or is yuh K foot.  :D

hope it eh nothing serious, but ice and rest.

the boy does run like ah gimp

he must be fall in the sand track and that eh self there no more

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »

Damn you have me here feeling shame... hard tuh hit de road when I coming home after 10 pm in 30 degree weather doh.  Mih latest excuse is ah waiting fuh it to climb above 40 F

Good luck waiting on them temps before end of Feb...

Look like we hittin' a serious cold stretch that gonna last for a while. Today was in the teens/lower 20's F...  Friday supposed tuh be negative 15 F (with wind chill) in New York.  So probably somewhere betwen 0 F to neg. 10 F dong by allyuh...

Best yuh layer up, put on yuh ear muffs and go brave.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »

Good luck waiting on them temps before end of Feb...

Look like we hittin' a serious cold stretch that gonna last for a while. Today was in the teens/lower 20's F...  Friday supposed tuh be negative 15 F (with wind chill) in New York.  So probably somewhere betwen 0 F to neg. 10 F dong by allyuh...

Best yuh layer up, put on yuh ear muffs and go brave.

It does actually be ah couple degrees warmer here... but yeah seems we hitting ah serious cold spell fuh real.  Ah go give it until de weekend den ah ha tuh bite de bullet cold or no cold.  I dunno, I juss cyah run on treadmill... in addition to being bored, is like I does struggle to do de same distances I doing normal outside... plus mankind lower back does be hurting and ting.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 04:03:50 AM »
Race Day People Race Day...

I wake up early here and I excited...I twitching like a spranger.

This week the training wasn't all that....I run real good monday, eat a bad roti tuesday and was belching curry when I was running in the afternoon.

Wednesday was my birthday so I relax.

Advised by the runners in the office to run the course at least 2-3 days before to get acclimatised....I take a drive instead.

Thursday rain fall so I stay home and do lil pushups...skip rope.

Friday....eat some Geera and had one drink...a guiness at my afterwork spot.

Saturday Morning

Run from Maraval to the Savannah and make 2 lap...Was feeling in good form...but I feel real shame after as a smallie co-worker (female) show meh what stamina is. No way no how I coulda keep up with her.

I eat clean yesterday...Salad, BBQ, Pasta, Chicken...no sweetdrink, only water and gatorade.

I get a small massage too and Ice down meh limbs and ting.

Today breakfast is a bowl of special K, some banana and I go have meh gatorade before the race.

Watch meh is real run I hadda do...I kinda frighten eh, but I feel the bad mind go kick in. I cyar let the fat ting in accounts or the husband of the woman in IT pushing a stroller beat meh. The smallie indian could take win...but anytime I have her in meh sights all round Cro-bar - Petra Street I go move from 1st to 2nd gear. ( I only have about 3 gears so alyuh excuse meh)

I plan to not get excited and play I keeping up with pack too early...I go try meh best until licensing office, but I go ease up untill colville street and when I swing up Ariapita I go play a game called pass the one in front.

Studying to chug a Red Bull to "give meh wings" but I ent want to end up like a Corbeaux with a slab of spongcake, stitch or a racing heart so I will resist the urge.

I accustommed to walking about in the sun...so a bun channa finish when the sun start to rise ent go affect me.

I go tell alyuh how I manage.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:05:47 AM by Touches »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2009, 11:42:37 AM »
good luck boss....like yuh say, is bad mind go get yuh troo
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »
Well Folks,

It was real enjoyable, I cyar believe I take so long to do one of these. I am surprised the number of runners out there in TT. I would say about 2000 people took part and it was very organized and professional.

I show up in my T shirt, football shorts and nikes...everybody in they vest, pum pum shorts, tights, I see all kinda cyat suit....the gape was good.

I drink some gatorade, Monster energy drink and water...I charge up but...I had to pee like horse too.

Just before the race start I had to run by the river and pee in the bush too.

I push meh way near the front of the line and PAXXXX....we were off.

I get excited, the stretch till the  foreshore men sprinting full pelt, jostling for position and I like a arse playing I in ting.

I ben the corner and by Movietown and by now all the tanto and professional runners in front and is sprint.

I was holding meh own but the pace was faster than I accustommed to and I start waning. By the time I reach flour mills...the smallie indian pass meh...AND THE MAN WITH THE STROLLER. But he was a beast, he was fit like fiddle. I say shit. All the young boys in the office zoom pass and I get depressed.

I say nah boy all this training and I gettin pass.

It is here I start to feel bun and the mental kick een...I say doh stop, keep yuh stride and I breathe harder.

I reach now by John D, Island Hobbies and the goats and sheep were seperated. Men pelting and I find everybody passing meh. I take up a position behind some girls and I watching they drawers tru the spandex and dat motivate meh.

Then the 2nd wind kick in and all those who sprint off start to walk, men was bun, people slow down and my pace although it slow down I was leaving out people. I say yes...look ting. I get into a comfortable groove I was going ok, but I realise meh leg and stride short and people using less effort and moving further.

When I reach cro bar, the man with the pram and all the speedy co workers were a block ahead, but I find the ting taking long.

No tanty ent pass meh, no setta fat thing either, everybody who blow past meh was fit in running outfit and ting. Some flickin small men running barefoot real crack meh mental...them making car noises and horn and ting and say " old man move lewwe pass dey"....watch meh I feel old but I could ketch none of them and they running fast and with ease....ah yes the days before alcho and sex eh.

When I reach Ana street I play I kicking down.... and when I run across de verteil I had to end up pulling meh choke yes...talk bout bun. I was tempted to walk but i say nah once I do that is shut down. So I shorten the stride.

Running into the stadium I was moving real slow...belley and back start to tighten..calf cramping up, A cadet who directing traffic say come on man yuh nearly dey...400 meters to go.

Is like a light bulb went off in meh head and Bad mind kick in....I start hearing "eye of the tiger" "final countdown" " chariots of fire" all kinda ting and yuh wouldnt believe the crowd at the side who clapping and cheering yuh saying come on does real help.

Pelt in the stadium....run tru the marathon tunnel...it have a slope and I nearly trip...and then I hit the track...a whole 4kin lap to go again and I say all the glory now....plus is everybody watching....I straighten meh back, I adjust meh frame, I raising meh knee, kicking back meh heel proper extension and I bolt out.
I hug the inner lane and the stretch before grounds/uncovered stands I close meh eye all kinda ting and I just pelt meh frame. Hit the corner and I feel like a vomit feeling wellin up.

Funny ting is...I leave out real people in the stadium....and that and all spur meh on...the last final steps...I press the NOS and cross the finish line...30:12.

Hear nah I feel real disappointed. Because I ketch mehself quick I ent feel that bun, I coulda push mehself harder and I realise the lil time where I slow down by island hobbies/licensing was the difference from a 30 to a 26-27. I was running but not with speed...I was concerned more about finishing and not time.
My goal was to finish in less than 1/2 hr and I fail.

I real vex eh...pram man beat meh but is alright...I go train for next year.

I feel I go keep at it and start the training a lil more intense and a lil earlier.

We go resurrect this thread next year.

Now is Carnival time...I go start back to run from Tuesday...I getting slim.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »
I reach now by John D, Island Hobbies and the goats and sheep were seperated. Men pelting and I find everybody passing meh. I take up a position behind some girls and I watching they drawers tru the spandex and dat motivate meh.

:rotfl:
...de man get stamina from watchin tite thong

Congrats on finishing with style touches  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:35:58 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »
 :rotfl:

as always ah nice read boy touches..

this thread is inspiration for the treadmill. If i could make a 20 mins with meh unfit self by mid february i go be glad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
Aye congrats man... now yuh have me and all feeling small, congrats  :beermug:

this was mih favorite part

Running into the stadium I was moving real slow...belley and back start to tighten..calf cramping up, A cadet who directing traffic say come on man yuh nearly dey...400 meters to go.

Is like a light bulb went off in meh head and Bad mind kick in....I start hearing "eye of the tiger" "final countdown" " chariots of fire" all kinda ting and yuh wouldnt believe the crowd at the side who clapping and cheering yuh saying come on does real help.

Nice how dem people was supporting yuh.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »
Congrats touches... i remember the days when i used to run 5K like dem small men  ;D the memories!

Hard luck bout the time... i call ah 25 - 30 range for you... sound like yuh was thereabouts... ah lil more training and yuh woulda be there....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2009, 01:46:06 PM »
Congrats and report 2 what else we could want.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
Breds it's ah start, believe meh when ah say practice does make perfect. yuh did good for ah first timer, what more yuh want. :devil:

if yuh keep it up like 3 times ah week, then by next year this time yuh go be bunnin rubber like ah kenyan, trust meh when i say.  congrats and better luck next time.                              positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »
Congrats Touches, you ran and you prove to yourself that mental ability is stronger than physical ability

Well done :beermug: :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »
5k in 30 mins? Yuh was walkin' ? haha...

kiddin' breds-congrats! 

cheers...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »
This man running hard and all he thinking about is he touches report lol

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
Congrats man! Ah feel like ah was right dey de way how yuh drop de report. Yuh ehn lie, plenty ppl duss geh pass right dey in de stadium.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2009, 06:26:03 AM »
Touches fail to mention the part when Granny Luces blow past him, stop and tie she shoe laces and still beat he ass proper.

Més que un club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »
Whappen Touches, we eh hearing from yuh. Yuh give up or wha?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »
Tallman could push ah basket eh. ;)

touches must be does siddong with ah babash an ah spliff by de savannah in de evenins...he lookin to rile up de man

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>