April 28, 2024, 10:51:21 PM

Author Topic: Trini Musings  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trini Musings
« on: September 18, 2005, 01:57:41 AM »
Following after a poster PEG some time ago, I'll try to revive the tradition (wonder whatever happen to him).

1) If we in a world cup Hex year and the most popular topic of the day is how much a man will spend on a pair of tugs.....we worse than we think.

2) All the talk about controversy about european and MLS club players leaving for international duty, then getting leave out when they get back is real tata. If a man good enough and is class, he will always be selected once available, no matter what. A man like that could tell the coach hull he stones when he have to go on international duty.

3) I am one of the biggest bashers of negativity on the form when it comes to the team as a whole, but I am honest in saying that although I hoping for 2 wins in the next 2 WCQ games, I dont see it happening. Whether it will be good enough is another story.

4) David Maynard is an idiot. Somebody please call the spalksman for the steups of the week.

5) Trinidad as a nation going to the dogs....Everyone know who commiting all the crime, yet nobody being arrested.

6) Man U will finish 3rd. Chelsea will win and some next team will come second, i just not sure yet who it will be, most likely Arsenal. For the Man U lovers, time to start shopping for a new team.

7) Chelsea will also win the Champions league. The only team to trouble them is Barca.

8 ) Club Zen is the best club I have ever been to (worldwide) in terms of club classiness. T&T should be proud.

9) Tribe have to be the hardest band to get into for Carnival 2006, it sell out completely in about 3 days.

10) Although I love what Latapy and Yorke is doing for the team, if I was the coach I woulda never even consider giving them a next chance. But I am not, so I will just have to fo force myself to accept that these 2 geriatrics are still the best players we have. What a shame.

11) Thank God, and Thank God and Thank God even more for Jack Warner that we have this 4th place to play for, and perhaps even be more thankful to Panama for knocking Jamaica out the semi final round. If Jamaica was in this Hex, they woulda surely be going Germany, worse case scenario - coming in 4th. Them is the only team in Concacaf who the US have not beaten over 2 home and away legs. Trinidad and Guatemala woulda be fighting to escape coming last.

12) Personally, I think we need to try blooding some new young players, like Abu Bakr son and a whole set of them U-20 men in the national set up. We somehow seem to be recycling the same players over and over again, and the sad thing is that these players are not successful. What do we have to lose? I remember Gally in 1989 giving a 17 year old and a 21 year old the reigns to his team.

12) Stern John must always ALWAYS start when healthy. We critisise him a lot yes, and he is woefully out of form and plays lazy, but he is the best goalscorer he have in our history, the best in CFU and maybe even CONCACAF's history. Out of form, yet still the highest scorer for our team, the man is still our best option. All the other forwards may add a flavour of excitement to the team, but can they score? When last I check, goals win games.

13) Kelvin Jack is proving to be a real find. Some may say that he has not gotten a clean sheet in a while and Shaka should be called back, but I dont see a difference between him and Shaka. Shaka good for truem but he have a serious weakness with shots from far out, especially if it lobbing him. Ince getting the raw deal, and he to me is our best keeper.But there isnt much between our 3 keepers.

14) Dog has passed his prime, he will struggle to find a place for the 2010 WCQ.

15) Chris Birchall is a big reason why we still in the hunt for 4th place.

16) Whatever became of Nigel Pierre, Andre Boucard, Rougier, Dwarika, Josh Johnson?

17) Fatima looking real good this year.

18) Where is the ever laughing Bimblast, stuttering Pierre and humourous Winnipeg Fury?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 06:47:30 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini Musings
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 06:43:18 AM »
8 ) Club Zen is the best club I have ever been to (worldwide) in terms of club classiness. T&T should be proud.
Me eh know bout dat. Ah went dey in July on ah Friday and it was too much drama. First ting dey say is dat meh shirt had too much buttons open (three buttons were open), so ah button up two. Den dey give meh ah setta chat about if dey see meh in de club wit meh shirt unbutton or if ah take off meh shirt, security go throw meh out. De final straw was when dey tell meh tuh take off meh crown and leave it by de door. Ah tell dem is alright, me eh bong tuh go inside allyuh place. So ah went by Jenny's on de Boulevard (same ting happen). Steups. Ah end up cooling out by de Crobar instead. Ah know is people private place and dey could institute whatever rules dey want, but oh gawd man, dis kinda fight down dey does want tuh perpetrate is de worse. Ah guess ah could only go Zen when Capleton, Sizzla and Buju and dem performing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 06:56:41 AM »
imagine in Trinidad we gorn back to de days of Country Club fame when dey openly discriminate against black people.

Bank jobs, certain beaches and certain places were off limits to black people.
Ah remember ah time Dr. Morgan Job was turned back at the Country club.

hahahahaha

it cause big ting and make all de papaers tv and de radio.

Time for Trinidad to shape up, time to stop judging a book by the cover.

Those places are NOT PRIVATE places as they are opened to the general public.

Tallman you know that they were delibrately attempting to frustrate you so you would go away.

Bastards.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 07:06:16 AM »
12) Personally, I think we need to try blooding some new young players, like Abu Bakr son and a whole set of them U-20 men in the national set up. We somehow seem to be recycling the same players over and over again, and the sad thing is that these players are not successful. What do we have to lose? I remember Gally in 1989 giving a 17 year old and a 21 year old the reigns to his team.

12) Stern John must always ALWAYS start when healthy. We critisise him a lot yes, and he is woefully out of form and plays lazy, but he is the best goalscorer he have in our history, the best in CFU and maybe even CONCACAF's history. Out of form, yet still the highest scorer for our team, the man is still our best option. All the other forwards may add a flavour of excitement to the team, but can they score? When last I check, goals win games.

Are not these two point in stark contrast with each other with players like Kenwyne Jones and Sealy and Glenn available to start up front and inject some new blood, why then should a woefully out of form LAZY Stern John always start...why because history showed (past tense) that he used to score goals....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:53 AM »
doh worry i be going to club zen in december
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 07:27:23 AM »
doh worry i be going to club zen in december

Shoe dem yuh Canadian passport dey go let yuh in.

But take ah bathe first and brush yuh teeth,, if yuh go dey smelling like ah Toronto ram goat yuh go get lef at de door.

Suck three dinner mints at de same time 2 and put ah dinner mint in each ah yuh shoes fuh de toe jam

Use some deodorant also,,yuh underarms does smell like ole onions.

ps  doh wear dem tight Jordache jeans eh.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 08:05:38 AM »
you should follow some of that yuh self
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 08:11:46 AM »
I is ah redman..dey does let me in easy easy.

I still say dat dey nasty and dat dey should not be able to discriminate.

Except when yuh doh bathe.

hey yuh does shave yet?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 08:12:40 AM »
yeah big up to club zen and all but worldwide i dont know i am in the us navy and i been to a couple places too. if you go to any club in australia just because yuh black yuh have ah chance of getting in fuh free. in mexico yuh will get ah bucket full of beers fuh being black and also in thailand so do some homework before yuh make such a bold statement. going to bago fuh de great race dont constitute travelling. :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 08:30:53 AM »
yeah big up to club zen and all but worldwide i dont know i am in the us navy and i been to a couple places too. if you go to any club in australia just because yuh black yuh have ah chance of getting in fuh free. in mexico yuh will get ah bucket full of beers fuh being black and also in thailand so do some homework before yuh make such a bold statement. going to bago fuh de great race dont constitute travelling. :beermug:

Yuh sound like yuh went on ah westpac cruise breds.

yuh bring back memories dey boy.

Austarlia is real tears, dem woman like de US sailors ent?

By de way before yuh try to insult because yuh travel with de US Navy, check yuhself young sweat!

I travel a fair bit with de same damn Navy..ok?

But de fact is in Trinidad club zen dem have reputation fuh discriminating against black people breds.

IS trinidad ah talking about.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 09:35:17 AM by truetrini »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 11:57:54 AM »

Uncle travelling Matt - My statement was based on going to clubs in
Austin, TX
San Antonio, TX
Houston, TX
Miami, Fl
New Orleans, LA
ATL, GA
NY
Toronto
Calgary
Kingston, Ja
Negril, Ja
Mobay, JA
Bridgetown, Bim
Castries, St Lucia
London, UK
Leeds, UK
Bangkok, Thailand
Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam

And not one of them place have a club like Zen.
My statement was " Club Zen is the best club I have ever been to (worldwide) in terms of club classiness. T&T should be proud."
I talking about physical infrastructure, public relations INSIDE the club etc. Not their policy of admittance. That is a whole next story.
They have service and decor like south east asia, size like some of them Toronto club i went, and technology  that makes US clubs envy (they even have a flikking elevator in the club).
The only problem in addition to the strict dress code is the crowd is real profile crowd, not a real dancing crowd. But then most clubs in TT are that.

Them free bucket a beer yuh get in Thailand, ah hope is not Tiger beer.  YUK ;D

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 12:11:23 PM »
Club Zen is very nice structure wise. however, I will never ever support Mr jonny ever again... (I hav been there once)

I refuse to be the average trini that will just take any shit jess soo.. So I will give my support to that wretched establishment again... Blah!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »
    All yuh just dress properly and doh wear any hat or dotishness and you will get in Zen, simple, done! Wham like all yuh doh have elegantly casual dress codes in North America. Sheeeshh.  :o You could wear good jeans not any with holes, but must always wear good shoes, no sneakers etc. But that is how it is in most good establishments in the world shucks.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 12:59:01 PM »
1) Thank God, and Thank God and Thank God even more for Jack Warner that we have this 4th place to play for, and perhaps even be more thankful to Panama for knocking Jamaica out the semi final round. If Jamaica was in this Hex, they woulda surely be going Germany, worse case scenario - coming in 4th. Them is the only team in Concacaf who the US have not beaten over 2 home and away legs. Trinidad and Guatemala woulda be fighting to escape coming last.

Any team who cyah beat Panama at home, far less fuh beatin a 4th string US team in a MUST WIN game wit all dem so called STARS deserve to end up like Pan Am....not goin a flikkin place.

So doh boddah bout de IF jamaica was anywhere dey woulda do anyting.  Dis eh no coulda, woulda, shoulda bizness.  HYMC!  Jamaica exactly where dey belong.  At home watchin de flikkin Hex.  THEY WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 01:26:18 PM »
i agree with yuh on the woulda, coulda, shoulda bizness.
They were not good enough to finish second in their group, and that is what matters.

But as I was saying, Thank God for Panama. Believe me, Jamaica woulda be a much harder propsition for us to be looking to take 6 pts off, and yuh know that. They woulda actually be looking to take 6 off from us and nothing less.

As I said, thank you Panama.

I also agree with Hyperhot, if u dress up decent and go with a nice vibes, yuh cool. There will always be a controversy with clubs and admittance policy. But to say that Zen discriminate against race is chupidness, 95% of the crowd on a Wed and Fri nite is black, rastaman, dreadlocks etc etc. I have been to Zen with partners who are rasta and thing, although I never see them with caps on inside.
I can personally say that Zen doh discriminate against black people. If dem have a golden rule of no cap, yuh cyah fight that dong. I never see a white man or indian with a cap on either.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 01:35:02 PM »

9) Tribe have to be the hardest band to get into for Carnival 2006, it sell out completely in about 3 days.

I get ah costume!!! lol and by de way de sell out completely in less than two days!

dey were open at 5pm til about 9pm thursday, had to remain closed on friday, saturday and sunday, dey reopened on monday at 12noon and all 16 sections were completely sold out by 4:30pm.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 01:56:39 PM »
Wha section?
I get in d nylon pool, but none of meh odda partners get in dat, so I feel i have to look for a switch yes.
I never see madness so for carnival yes.
Them people crash the website yes.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 02:33:48 PM »
Any team who cyah beat Panama at home, far less fuh beatin a 4th string US team in a MUST WIN game wit all dem so called STARS deserve to end up like Pan Am....not goin a flikkin place.

You must be joking Palos. Panama has shown everyone that on their day they can upset any team, good or bad. Now, I will agree with you, Jam,aica were their worst enemies in teh pre-Hex rounds. How do you explain totally outplaying an average team such as El Salavador, and actually winning 3-0 in El Salvador, and then turning around and tie the same side in your own home? I stronly believe that both Panama and El Salvador are tougher opponents than St. Lucia and St. Kitts though  ;)

egarding teh USA...I dont know what you are talking about 4th string side. Please tell me when was the last time a CONCACAF team beat the USA in the USA, 5th string or 10th string?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 03:11:29 PM »
reggaefan no disrespect but yuh sure yuh on de correct site? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 04:32:41 PM »
rf like John Barnes. he si half trini..he does hide it because he fadder lrf him when he was a chile

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 07:16:35 PM »
i agree with hyper hot  i never get no problem to get in zen button up your shirt dont wear a hat or sneakers and iron your clothes and u inside surity the reason black people does get porbs cuz we pants lil biggish and d hat does complete d kit but if u wa get in jus simple FOLLOW THE DRESS CODE

big all d navy men on the site even thoughj them like to show off bout the travel
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 07:21:05 PM »
We just better hope Costa Rica and Guatemala lose they next game and T&T win there's. Because if CRC win USA then they may sell out to GUA (central americans alike).... in the last game and we will have to beat Mexico and knowing Mexico they will be planing for us and they will also hope to finish first because they will get a good seeding for the WC 2006.

USA grab third place last time because T&T beat HON I was hoping they would return the favour... but they sell out vs GUA last game...

PS: I hope we win our last 2 games, that must be our aim...... by the way Tallman, doh study them club and them, Jonny Song and them is racsist....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 06:43:48 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 08:03:54 PM »
Wha section?
I get in d nylon pool, but none of meh odda partners get in dat, so I feel i have to look for a switch yes.
I never see madness so for carnival yes.
Them people crash the website yes.

I'm in "tassel weeds".  give up yuh nylon pool costume? switch? yuh mad!! Nylon Pool is what everyone rushed.  dat section sell out in 1 and ah half hours.

De only time yuhh does have tuh be in yuh section is when yuh crossing de stage so stay in nylon pool and chill out.  Nylon pool had size restrictions so is only de "bess ting" wit "bess body" in dat secton!

ah love it!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 05:49:39 AM »

We just better hope Costa Rica and Guatemala lose they next game and T&T win there's. Because if CRC win USA then they may sell out to GUA (central americans alike)

Even if costa rica lose dey next game, if guatemala lorse, then costa rica will qualify.

when guat lose to mexico in mexico, then costa's 13 pts will be unattainable by anyone!

1]; } ?>