April 19, 2024, 09:16:01 PM

Author Topic: Coaches on 91.1  (Read 2749 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coaches on 91.1
« on: December 12, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »
Yesterday there was Gally Cummings and today they had Terry Fenwick and Angus Eve.

Yesterday Gally held no bones about saying that the local football ent going no where until the TTFF administration change.  Allyuh know Gally, he doh hold back he mouth on them issues.  He made one comment that surprised me though.  Fazeer asked him about the youth football and the recent U17 WC we had played in the other day.  He said that the only reason we 'qualified' for that WC was because JW intervened and something about us playing Jamaica twice for the qualifying spot.  Tallman yuh could check records and see what took place ?

He also said that no local coach would be successful with the national team, because any local coach was given the job with intent to fail.  The local coach would just be a pappy show for Warner who would control everything.  A foreign coach would be given the high salaries, house and car and perks and could basically do what he wants.  The local coach go have to fight up to get anything near what the foreigner getting.  It was a fight down with the local coaches because none of them want to talk against Warner because they go lose they wuk, and anybody throat get buss, just mean that the other man chances just improved.  He say he couldn't understand what LP doing as TD.  LP was supposed to be Mats boss and directing things, but yuh just not hearing from him at all.

I tried to call in about 10 times and couldn't get through.

This morning Angus and Fenwick on the show.  The same talk again about the TTFF administration stiflin the football, the need to change those men at the top, the need to look at youth football and youth development programs as the only way to save us.  The lack of proper infrastructure means that after 2010 (should we qualify) we would be in the same khaki pants.  Both men spoke their minds without fear.

I get through as the first caller this morning.  I mention the point about Warner owning TTFF so doh expect he to relinquish the top dog post.  I ask Fenwick if he was offered the wuk if they fire Maturana.  First he laugh and say he have a good wuk with Jabloteh he ent need that stress, then he get serious and say that he would love to be in national team framework doing whatever he can to help out...if approached, he would say accept.

He get lil tone from Faz about the "hand of God" goal from Maradona and that was about it in a nutshell.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Coaches on 91.1
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:53:45 AM »
thanks appreciated
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
The local coach go have to fight up to get anything near what the foreigner getting. 

Not only that, a local coach would have problems commanding the respect of the players. We have the mentality that foreign is better. If Latas was coach, it may be different, as it would be an honour for a player to be picked by one of the greatest footballers their country has produced. This should translate to better performance and team unity.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »
The local coach go have to fight up to get anything near what the foreigner getting. 

Not only that, a local coach would have problems commanding the respect of the players. We have the mentality that foreign is better. If Latas was coach, it may be different, as it would be an honour for a player to be picked by one of the greatest footballers their country has produced. This should translate to better performance and team unity.

maybe like how jamaica responded to Tappa after their woeful run at the beginning of the semis under Simoes...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »
is it jus me but a latapy head coach with fenrick and fervier as assistants go be a nice way to go

is a part of me want to see it bad but ah feel it go be to much cooks in the kitchen
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:07:40 AM »
No offence to Fenwick but his record with Northampton after leading Jabloteh to consecutive titles down here, show me that no matter how good he look compared to the local pfl, i doh think he cut out to lead our national team. He just bring in a level of professionalism that no other coach in the PFL was exposed to and that makes the difference, not his coaching acumen.

That is just my opinion so I will not bawl and bray for him to get the top job in our football, jus so. That is just buying into the whole "foreign is better" mantra.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
steve hart as head coach and latas as asst coach, that will produce a dream team

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:44:16 AM »

That stigma and mentality is hard to fight by the minority who condemn that thinking. It will take years to fight that. My advice is to do like Lincoln Phillips.  Go foreign, build your portfolio and then come by and you'll see how fast them will love to hire you.  I experienced that job wise in that i only did completed nyc high school and was getting alot of job offers in trinidad, and from my experience and few will tell you schooling in TnT is much better than nyc public schooling.  That Foreign is better attitude have to stop.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »
I still waiting to find out what took place for us to qualify for the U17 WC...what route we took to get there.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 11:56:47 AM »
steve hart as head coach and latas as asst coach, that will produce a dream team

I does be wary of man who does use words like dat bomb squad to discribe TT, u hold on reality does be questionable, at best, an den wen ting not goin as u tink it should u does make a about turns an start cussin the same men u was praisin.

at this point cautious optimism is what is needed not pronouncements that may prove to be far from the truth

positive
I pity the fool....

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
Yesterday there was Gally Cummings and today they had Terry Fenwick and Angus Eve.

Yesterday Gally held no bones about saying that the local football ent going no where until the TTFF administration change.  Allyuh know Gally, he doh hold back he mouth on them issues.  He made one comment that surprised me though.  Fazeer asked him about the youth football and the recent U17 WC we had played in the other day.  He said that the only reason we 'qualified' for that WC was because JW intervened and something about us playing Jamaica twice for the qualifying spot.  Tallman yuh could check records and see what took place ?

He also said that no local coach would be successful with the national team, because any local coach was given the job with intent to fail.  The local coach would just be a pappy show for Warner who would control everything.  A foreign coach would be given the high salaries, house and car and perks and could basically do what he wants.  The local coach go have to fight up to get anything near what the foreigner getting.  It was a fight down with the local coaches because none of them want to talk against Warner because they go lose they wuk, and anybody throat get buss, just mean that the other man chances just improved.  He say he couldn't understand what LP doing as TD.  LP was supposed to be Mats boss and directing things, but yuh just not hearing from him at all.

This morning Angus and Fenwick on the show.  The same talk again about the TTFF administration stiflin the football, the need to change those men at the top, the need to look at youth football and youth development programs as the only way to save us.  The lack of proper infrastructure means that after 2010 (should we qualify) we would be in the same khaki pants.  Both men spoke their minds without fear.

I get through as the first caller this morning.  I mention the point about Warner owning TTFF so doh expect he to relinquish the top dog post.  I ask Fenwick if he was offered the wuk if they fire Maturana.  First he laugh and say he have a good wuk with Jabloteh he ent need that stress, then he get serious and say that he would love to be in national team framework doing whatever he can to help out...if approached, he would say accept.

He get lil tone from Faz about the "hand of God" goal from Maradona and that was about it in a nutshell.

Aye Aye!  that was you? I called in later too...look at that! I'd just like to add that Angus felt slighted (and RIGHTFULLY so) about NOT being recognised by the TTFF during the Centennial celebrations as T&T's MOST capped player, and Fenwick asked the question about whether we (Fans/Supporters/Coaches/Administrators - COLLECTIVELY) were prepared to sacrifice 2010 to get a proper DEVELOPMENT program in place so that we Groom young players in THIS tournament, knowing that with the experience gained, T&T would benefit in the Long Run...he cited Jabloteh doing same in LAST years' Concacaf Competition, ie DELIBERATELY fielding younger players and now THOSE players are the nucleus of his League & Big 6 Winning team in 2008.

Personally I think Fenwick would be an EXCELLENT choice as Youth Development Officer as his success in spotting and moulding young players at Jabloteh suggests that is his forte...also if you've ever seen the respect and comraderie he inspires from his charges, he'd bring some much needed PASSION to the game ...as a Coach tho?... he is such a VOLATILE Character at CLUB level...maybe, but after some anger management sessions ;D

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »

Aye Aye!  that was you? I called in later too...look at that! I'd just like to add that Angus felt slighted (and RIGHTFULLY so) about NOT being recognised by the TTFF during the Centennial celebrations as T&T's MOST capped player, and Fenwick asked the question about whether we (Fans/Supporters/Coaches/Administrators - COLLECTIVELY) were prepared to sacrifice 2010 to get a proper DEVELOPMENT program in place so that we Groom young players in THIS tournament, knowing that with the experience gained, T&T would benefit in the Long Run...he cited Jabloteh doing same in LAST years' Concacaf Competition, ie DELIBERATELY fielding younger players and now THOSE players are the nucleus of his League & Big 6 Winning team in 2008.

Personally I think Fenwick would be an EXCELLENT choice as Youth Development Officer as his success in spotting and moulding young players at Jabloteh suggests that is his forte...also if you've ever seen the respect and comraderie he inspires from his charges, he'd bring some much needed PASSION to the game ...as a Coach tho?... he is such a VOLATILE Character at CLUB level...maybe, but after some anger management sessions ;D

Ah must admit yuh monika patriot had me beaten dere for awhile ...what do you know about Fenwick to recommend him for the very important job of taking us to the WC. You think if he was that good he wouldn't ah be coaching ah premiership side ? what about his coaching record after retiring ? you think he on anybody's radar because he win de pro league in T&T ?
moulding young players at jabloteh ??? go and find out about a man called Gwen cust ...you might be pleasantly surprised at his involvement in the youth development programme at Jabloteh !
Warner commands a lot of respect from his charges too ...yes sir Mr warner ..yes mr warner !! he paying dem !! Jabloteh kyah prove dey self in the caribbean !
you want to move ah man who kyah achieve in club football in de caribbean to elivate him and expect results in ah higher region ??? We outside de caribbean now pards ....think outside de box nah !

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
I still waiting to find out what took place for us to qualify for the U17 WC...what route we took to get there.
2006 CFU Youth Cup Preliminaries:
Finished first in Group E (T&T, Guyana, Grenada, Aruba)

2006 CFU Youth Cup Finals:
Finished second in Group A (Haiti, T&T, Haiti, Surinam, Barbados) and Jamaica finished second in Group B (Mexico, Jamaica, Panama, Canada). We beat Jamaica 2-0 and place 3rd in the tournament which got us into the final round of CONCACAF U-17 Qualifiers. Even if we lost that match, I'm guessing that it would not have mattered because since Jamaica was hosting one group in the final rounds, they were already through.

CONCACAF U-17 Qualifiers (Final Round):
We qualified for the World Cup by coming third in Group B (USA, Costa Rica, T&T, Jamaica, Canada). The top three teams from Group B joined the two top teams from Group A (Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador).

Overall, it seem as doh it was ah kinda tie-up scene. Read Revised format for youth cup
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »

Ah must admit yuh monika patriot had me beaten dere for awhile ...what do you know about Fenwick to recommend him for the very important job of taking us to the WC. You think if he was that good he wouldn't ah be coaching ah premiership side ? what about his coaching record after retiring ? you think he on anybody's radar because he win de pro league in T&T ?
moulding young players at jabloteh ??? go and find out about a man called Gwen cust ...you might be pleasantly surprised at his involvement in the youth development programme at Jabloteh !
Warner commands a lot of respect from his charges too ...yes sir Mr warner ..yes mr warner !! he paying dem !! Jabloteh kyah prove dey self in the caribbean !
you want to move ah man who kyah achieve in club football in de caribbean to elivate him and expect results in ah higher region ??? We outside de caribbean now pards ....think outside de box nah !

Bro why dont you change yuh moniker to Jackass John? It fit you like ring on finger.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »
Angus have nuff co re: being slighted.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 03:10:06 PM »
Why must Angus feel slighted? He has been around the system for so many years and seen how things work. Why should he expect different for himself? He was a good player who over achieved with the tools he had to work with. He was dedicated, stuck to the task when many others were off and on for many reasons( normally too much TTFF bullshit), but he was still not close to being one of our best players in history. I salute the accomplishment of playing so many games, but ah still hesitate to put him in de category of de top ballmen for T & T
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
Why must Angus feel slighted? He has been around the system for so many years and seen how things work. Why should he expect different for himself? He was a good player who over achieved with the tools he had to work with. He was dedicated, stuck to the task when many others were off and on for many reasons( normally too much TTFF bullshit), but he was still not close to being one of our best players in history. I salute the accomplishment of playing so many games, but ah still hesitate to put him in de category of de top ballmen for T & T
Well many of us supporters and coaches have. Probably why he had so many caps, or he was just everybody friend...Hope to shake he hand one day, never met the man.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 04:03:39 PM »

Ah must admit yuh monika patriot had me beaten dere for awhile ...what do you know about Fenwick to recommend him for the very important job of taking us to the WC.
WC Coach? Umm Jai THIS is what I wrote:-
Personally I think Fenwick would be an EXCELLENT choice as Youth Development Officer

You think if he was that good he wouldn't ah be coaching ah premiership side ? I wasn't aware that you MUST be coaching a Premiership side to be a National Coach

what about his coaching record after retiring ? VERY successful in T&T, NOT so much in the UK, he was fired from Northhampton a few years aback.

you think he on anybody's radar because he win de pro league in T&T ? I didn't ask him if he had any offers, so I'll get back to you on this one next week

moulding young players at jabloteh ??? go and find out about a man called Gwen cust ...you might be pleasantly surprised at his involvement in the youth development programme at Jabloteh ! Get back to you after I find out about Mr Cust

Warner commands a lot of respect from his charges too ...yes sir Mr warner ..yes mr warner !! he paying dem !!
I don't believe that Angus Eve and Wesley Webb (whom I also had a chat with) responds in this way to Terry Fenwick, so this is an unfair and inaccurate comparason...unless you have proof from a credible source

Jabloteh kyah prove dey self in the caribbean ! you want to move ah man who kyah achieve in club football in de caribbean to elivate him and expect results in ah higher region ??? We outside de caribbean now pards ....think outside de box nah !
[/quote] I CAN agree with you on ONE point here, we are SO "outside de Caribbean now", that under that clueless Columbian you love to support we got beaten by Bermuda in WCQ and then Grenada knocked us OUT of the Caribbean Championships

And FYI, I'd ideally like to see Latapy, based here in T&T working alongside a quality Coach take us through the Hex, there's little to convince me that Maturana wll be someone he can learn much from!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:07:38 PM by PATRIOT »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »
I think I now understand what Gally was talking about.

1]; } ?>