April 25, 2024, 05:52:38 PM

Author Topic: Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman  (Read 17124 times)

Offline FineMan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:08:44 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/soccer/12/11/bc.soc.hull.kingquestio.ap/index.html

LONDON (AP) -- Hull striker Marlon King has been arrested and questioned about an alleged assault on a woman in a bar.

The 28-year-old Jamaican international, who is on loan from Wigan, voluntarily went to a police station in London on Monday.

Police said he had been released on bail to return for more questioning in February about an alleged assault on a 20-year-old woman at the Soho Revue Bar in central London on Sunday.

King has scored five times for Hull this season, including the winner in Saturday's 2-1 victory over Middlesbrough.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »
she had on shin pads ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:03:28 AM »
Striker charged over sex attack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7885771.stm

The Wigan Athletic striker is currently on loan at Middlesbrough

A Premier League footballer has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman at a nightclub.

Wigan striker Marlon King was on loan to Hull City when he was arrested and questioned about the offences in central London on 7 December.

The 28-year-old has also been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm against the 20-year-old woman at the Soho Revue Bar.

Mr King left Hull City in January to play on loan at Middlesbrough.

The striker, whose previous clubs include Watford and Nottingham Forest, was arrested on 10 December, three days after the alleged incident.

A woman received hospital treatment for a broken nose and split lip.

Mr King is set to appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on 25 February.

According to the Soho Revue Bar's website, the club - formerly the Raymond Revue Bar - closed on 29 January.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »
I know they are young men with a lot of money and are in some instances targetted, but given the small numbers its seems a lot are have been done for one thing or another, you would think they would learn.  General feeling that quite a few just think they are above the law / laws don't apply to them.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:41:50 AM »
I know they are young men with a lot of money and are in some instances targetted, but given the small numbers its seems a lot are have been done for one thing or another, you would think they would learn.  General feeling that quite a few just think they are above the law / laws don't apply to them.

Some these players only know discipline in controlled environments.
If they screw up, there is always someone there to make ammends, on the excuse that they are extraordinary athletes.

Some athletes with extraordinary talent at a young age are never exposed to harsh realities, and when they are - there is someone covering their tails and cleaning up their mess from high school through college.
Once they get into the professional ranks and experience adulthood, where many of their handlers are just leaches, rather than coaches and parental figures with legitimate concerns.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »
Striker charged over sex attack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7885771.stm

The Wigan Athletic striker is currently on loan at Middlesbrough

A Premier League footballer has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman at a nightclub.

Wigan striker Marlon King was on loan to Hull City when he was arrested and questioned about the offences in central London on 7 December.

The 28-year-old has also been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm against the 20-year-old woman at the Soho Revue Bar.

Mr King left Hull City in January to play on loan at Middlesbrough.

The striker, whose previous clubs include Watford and Nottingham Forest, was arrested on 10 December, three days after the alleged incident.

A woman received hospital treatment for a broken nose and split lip.

Mr King is set to appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on 25 February.

According to the Soho Revue Bar's website, the club - formerly the Raymond Revue Bar - closed on 29 January.

that was at a topless bar, when fellas gonna realise they can't do nuttin with out a womans consent, and worse if yuh semi famous cus they looking for easy money

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
When I first heard him say it I was like wth but rapper 50 Cent video tapes all his encounters with women...pretty soon these fellas might have to that yes..yea it might leak out but uh saving jail time and money...lol

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
Marlon King jailed for 18 months
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
From soccernet.com

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=691132&sec=england&cc=5901

Wigan striker Marlon King has been jailed for 18 months after being found guilty of groping a young woman in a nightclub and then breaking her nose when she spurned his "disgusting'' advances.

Marlon King has played only 15 minutes for Wigan this season.
King, who was celebrating both his wife's pregnancy and scoring a winning goal hours earlier, was repeatedly "cold-shouldered'' by women revellers in London's packed Soho Revue Bar last December.

When a slightly-built university student became the latest to recoil from his touch, he lost his temper and in an outburst of "completely gratuitous violence'' lashed out, "smashing'' her to the floor. His single clenched fist blow was so powerful that two other revellers - one of them holding on to his arm - were also sent flying.

While bouncers moved in to restrain the muscular £5 million striker, friends rushed to the aid of his victim. As she was helped to her feet, blood poured from her shattered nose, London's Southwark Crown Court heard.

The 29-year-old, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, claimed he was a victim of "mistaken identity''.

But after hearing overwhelming evidence from a string of witnesses, including a football coach who insisted he was the assailant, the jury decided he was lying.

He was unanimously convicted of sexually assaulting the 20-year-old and causing actual bodily harm.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has confirmed that the club will give King notice that his contract at the club will be cancelled following Thursday's news.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marlon King jailed for 18 months
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
WTF that is serious ting.  18 months?
He will have to do real good to continue his career after that.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
wow..

i'm so glad that unanimously yuh doh find our players caught up in this kinda nonsense yes. we're generally good ambassadors for the region and i hope this keeps up..

with dem jamaicans, is always some kinda violence (fuller), drug running (lowe) and court case involved..  ::)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »
mama look thing  ??? :o
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »
Whaaaaat? ??? I haven't been following ball as much as usual lately, but this comes a shock to me. No matter what you think of him or J'kans, this definitely a sad, sad story for one of the Caribbean's most recognized ballers- especially since it sounds like he has a newborn to look after right now  :(

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
Wow, he really f**ked up he own scenes boi!!  he make heself ah rell ass wit da one

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 11:16:53 AM »
Wowww damnnn feel kinda sorry for him yo... but he deserve that big man like that smashing in a young gyal face cause she rejected him, and ya married too. Wayyy stay in jail that 2 years and think bout your life :-\...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 11:18:37 AM »
Wowww damnnn feel kinda sorry for him yo... but he deserve that big man like that smashing in a young gyal face cause she rejected him, and ya married too. Wayyy stay in jail that 2 years and think bout your life :-\...

feeling sorry for him for what? he want to clobber women for getting brace, and also trying to make ah next man take the fall??

nah, fack he yes, doh drop de soap...

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »

feeling sorry for him for what? he want to clobber women for getting brace, and also trying to make ah next man take the fall??

nah, fack he yes, doh drop de soap...
:rotfl: nah because he career done right dey yo... For one stupid mistake he make real foolishness on his behalf but yea he need to spend some time in jail most def...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »

If he din break de gyul nose I mighta sorry, buh da is rell bullshit.  As a man if yuh geh strike dong by ah gyul yuh move de f**k on, but he ego too big fuh he own good.  Now yuh contract gettin nullified, yuh likely to have trouble getting work in the prem and yuh missin yuh baby first steps, first words, first tooth among other things.  I sorry to say so eh buh it good fuh he cont, he to f**kin schupid!!  And mind you is a player I did like to see on de field eh so it eh no yardie bias.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 11:23:33 AM »
dat r. kelly defence eh work atall.

what they say he do eh cool eh.

Prosecution lawyer Roger Daniells-Smith said King had struck up a conversation with his victim by saying: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire."

The court heard she replied: "I don't care who you are; take your millionaire self away from our table."

He groped the woman and she told him: "Don't do that, it's not nice. Don't touch me."

King was warned off her again but he continued to stroke the woman's hair and then told her she was not in his league, the court heard.

After she pushed him in the chest, King lost his temper and a moment of "completely gratuitous violence" led to him "smashing" the victim to the floor, jurors were told.

Two other people standing beside him were also knocked away as a result of the force of the blow he inflicted.

Several witnesses testified that King was responsible, despite his denial.

They included a football coach who insisted the 29-year-old Jamaican international was the assailant.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »
dat r. kelly defence eh work atall.

what they say he do eh cool eh.

Prosecution lawyer Roger Daniells-Smith said King had struck up a conversation with his victim by saying: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire."

The court heard she replied: "I don't care who you are; take your millionaire self away from our table."

He groped the woman and she told him: "Don't do that, it's not nice. Don't touch me."

King was warned off her again but he continued to stroke the woman's hair and then told her she was not in his league, the court heard.

After she pushed him in the chest, King lost his temper and a moment of "completely gratuitous violence" led to him "smashing" the victim to the floor, jurors were told.

Two other people standing beside him were also knocked away as a result of the force of the blow he inflicted.

Several witnesses testified that King was responsible, despite his denial.

They included a football coach who insisted the 29-year-old Jamaican international was the assailant.

I hope he get ah cell alone, cause is go be nuff pipe in he millionaire a**

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »

Disappointed.

Footballer, good money, 3 kids, wife decent family (the ones that I've met). Fucking idiot.

without being silly I wouldn't want to go 18 months without beating that. Damn ass!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »
god dat oman mouth in the pic dey says it all...marlon might be relishing dat 18 months n jail because i sure that wife done tell he a thing or two already about how stupid his conduct is.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »

In any case, anybody coulda tell him dat move (groping ah female) hardly, if ever, works when trying to woo a woman; in fact that is an absolute turn-off.

How de a$% yuh goh have an expectant wife at home and do sh&% like dat?

Some people really doh think before they act boy.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

In any case, anybody coulda tell him dat move (groping ah female) hardly, if ever, works when trying to woo a woman; in fact that is an absolute turn-off.

Depend on de woman honestly.. not my m.o. but ah dead serious
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
King has a history of violence, so I am not surprised.
He pull a Shaggy in the court, but they eh bite. 18 months
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »

Depend on de woman honestly.. not my m.o. but ah dead serious

True, but that is the problem right there. From the few times that I visted a nightclub as a younger man (I am 30 now and thankfully older and wiser), I would notice some guys getting the wrong idea and crossing some boundaries while dancing with girls on the dance floor. Especially, if the girls were drunk and flirtatious. Thankfully, when the fellas got spurned, they just left it at that and moved on.

Marlon on the other hand.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »
That real tough boy... he deserve everything he get, and lucky he ent get more.  Watch fuh de civil suit on de back end.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
What I doh understand is how de hell yu could fu*k ah good thing up for some pumpum???  He life done and he doh even know it.   ::) ???

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
What I doh understand is how de hell yu could fu*k ah good thing up for some pumpum???  He life done and he doh even know it.   ::) ???

pu$$y have more pull than tractor...

true story

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 01:40:41 PM »
That real tough boy... he deserve everything he get, and lucky he ent get more.  Watch fuh de civil suit on de back end.

Ah hope he had de good sense to put his assets in his wife name or put it in trusts for the kids to protect his family. Otherwise the wife need to file for divorce so she could be first in line for ah payout. If she not careful she and de kids could end up paying for his a$$ness.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »

pu$$y have more pull than tractor...

true story

Ah like dat one.......AH go have to use it on me wife tonight LOL and see if I go get way with it  :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

1]; } ?>