April 25, 2024, 10:35:08 AM

Author Topic: Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman  (Read 17115 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
What I doh understand is how de hell yu could fu*k ah good thing up for some pumpum???  He life done and he doh even know it.   ::) ???

pu$$y have more pull than tractor...

true story

Ah like dat one.......AH go have to use it on me wife tonight LOL and see if I go get way with it  :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Leh we know what happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »
That real tough boy... he deserve everything he get, and lucky he ent get more.  Watch fuh de civil suit on de back end.
smae thing I was thinking, He say he is ah millionaire ent!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »
Wigan to sack jailed striker King 
BBC Sport

King will be left without a club once he has served his sentence
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says Marlon King will never play for the club again after he was jailed for 18 months.

The striker, 29, was found guilty of sexual assault and actual bodily harm after he had been "cold-shouldered" by a female student in a London nightclub.

The incident occurred last December while he was on loan at Hull.

Whelan told BBC Radio 5 live: "We will now be in the process of severing his contract. To say the least I am really, really disappointed."

Whelan, who only learned on Tuesday that King was on trial at Southwark Crown Court, must follow Premier League rules and pay the player's wages for 14 days before terminating his contract.

The Latics chairman went on: "It's really upsetting and it just sets such a bad example for any youngster coming through who wants to be a professional footballer.

"He was on loan at the time to Hull City but I don't blame Hull City. Marlon King has got to accept full responsibility for this."

After groping and punching his victim at the Soho Revue Bar, breaking her nose, King briefly returned to Hull before spending a subsequent spell on loan at Middlesbrough.

The father of three, born in Dulwich, south London, finally made his way back to Wigan in the summer, but is now left without a club.

In 2002 King served five months of a two-year prison sentence for handling a stolen car before being released on appeal.

Whelan explained how King had kept the club in the dark about the incident.

"It's been kept quite secret by the player. We knew he did something but we didn't know exactly what it was. When you read how serious it was, I mean striking a girl and breaking her nose and messing about like that, we didn't realise the severity of what was happening here.

"We knew he'd been charged with something but I was shocked by what he had actually done and I was shocked by the sentence. But if he deserves it then he's got to do it.

The jury returned a unanimous guilty verdict against King 
"I sat down with Marlon at the start of the season and said 'Marlon, if you want to play for Wigan Athletic you've got to settle down, train hard and go on the field and give your best.

"He never mentioned anything about this case and he promised me that he was going to train hard and he actually has trained hard, I have to say that.

"Once he's served his sentence, if he manages to get back into football, so be it, but he will never pull on the shirt of Wigan Athletic again."

The Jamaica international started his league career with Barnet, before moving to Gillingham.

He was also signed to Nottingham Forest, who briefly loaned him out to Leeds United, and subsequently Watford.

In January 2008, he made his move to Wigan for an initial £3m on a three-and-a-half year contract with a £40,000-a-week salary.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
oh well ...one less player on the Reggae Boyz squad..

the only left for them to do is......

Send More Britz.. :devil:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »
oh well ...one less player on the Reggae Boyz squad..

the only left for them to do is......

Send More Britz.. :devil:

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »

without being silly I wouldn't want to go 18 months without beating that. Damn ass!

no worries, it go even out, he and she go be takin pipe within that time period
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »
que pendejo!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Ah hope he had de good sense to put his assets in his wife name or put it in trusts for the kids to protect his family. Otherwise the wife need to file for divorce so she could be first in line for ah payout. If she not careful she and de kids could end up paying for his a$$ness.

None ah that mighta prevent she from still collecting it they figure he made the moves with an eye towards avoiding liability... but yeah, dem man and dem doh stop tuh think about what they putting they family thru.

"It's been kept quite secret by the player. We knew he did something but we didn't know exactly what it was. When you read how serious it was, I mean striking a girl and breaking her nose and messing about like that, we didn't realise the severity of what was happening here.

LOL... Wigan so full ah shit.  Yuh mean dey doh have internet in Wigan?  Papers doh reach dey?  Look since last year we reading about dis but dem now find out de severity?  None ah dem couldn't inquire of the judicial system what he was charged for?  Is public record after all.

Dem only cutting him loose because he eh no big star at de club.... and they know it.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »
where he belongs

Enjoy Marlon!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
According to Sky Sports News, this waste of break has 13 previous convictions, including others for similar offences (i.e. assault on random women on nights out).

Edit: The Times has the details on JA's finest....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6896226.ece

Jailed Premier League footballer Marlon King had history of violence

A Premier League footballer with a history of violence against women was jailed for 18 months yesterday for punching a student in the face after she rejected his aggressive sexual advances in a nightclub.

Marlon King, who earned about £1 million a year, was sacked by his club, Wigan Athletic, after being found guilty of groping a 20-year-old woman and breaking her nose with a single punch. He was out drinking to celebrate his wife’s pregnancy, and a winning goal he had scored hours earlier.

King, 29, a Jamaica international, has 13 previous convictions for offences including theft, drink-driving and violence, it can now be reported.

In 2003 he was convicted of two counts of common assault after chasing two women through the streets of Soho with a belt and buckle wrapped round his right fist. Three years later he was fined for threatening behaviour after slapping a woman and spitting at her when the police arrived.

“You have shown not a hint of shame at your disgraceful and arrogant behaviour,” Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith told King yesterday.

The jury was told that on the night of the assault, King was “cold-shouldered” by a series of women in the Soho Revue Bar in London. He then approached his victim, a “slightly built” student. During the trial, the victim said: “I felt someone grab my left buttock. I turned round and was quite disgusted and shocked.”

She said King told her: “You’re not even in my league, love, I’m a multimillionaire.” Then, in a burst of “completely gratuitous violence” he hit her, “smashing” her to the floor.

The woman wept as she listed her injuries. “It split my lip, broke my nose and gave me a black eye. It felt like I was bleeding everywhere, but it was mainly my nose and mouth.”

The judge told King: “Thereafter, you did your level best to avoid any responsibility for what you had done, and were helped in this by the nightclub, for whom you were a good customer. They allowed you to leave without calling the police, although they pretended to do so.”

He added: “I appreciate that this conviction will cost you an enormous amount of money, but it is difficult to be sympathetic when you boasted about how much you earned.”

King, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, insisted he was the victim of mistaken identity. But a number of witnesses convinced the jury he was lying, and King was convicted of sexual assault and actual bodily harm by a jury by a margin of 10-2. He showed no reaction. He will now have to register as a sex offender for seven years, pay £3,125 compensation to his victim and £1,800 prosecution costs.

As the sentence was pronounced, several of King’s supporters swore at the judge and loudly accused him of “institutional racism”. One, referring to the acquittal of the Liverpool captain for affray, shouted: “Steven Gerrard’s still walking the streets.” Another added: “Heil Hitler.”

King’s first conviction came at the age of 17 after he fractured another footballer’s cheekbone with a head-butt and a punch while playing for a local team in Dulwich. He was jailed only once for 18 months, in 2002, for receiving a stolen BMW. His 18-month sentence was reduced to nine months on appeal.

Each time he was able to continue his football career. But last night he was disowned by his football club. Although he was on loan to Hull at the time of the assault, the Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan, accepted responsibility for King and said he would never play for the team again.

Mr Whelan said.“As far as we are concerned, he is finished with football at Wigan Athletic.”

King, a £5 million signing from Watford, will be over 30 when he is released from prison and will struggle to be offered another chance in the top flight.

He becomes the highest-profile footballer to be sent to prison in Britain since Joey Barton, the Newcastle United midfielder, who was jailed for six months in May last year for beating a teenager in the street.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:15:40 PM by Ryan »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 04:57:53 PM »
watch nah anybody watch dat picture good. Like Marlon cupping ah feel right in front de court.  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
I wonder what responsibility the club feels in this whole fiasco.

These clubs take young guys, pay them huge salaries and throw them into a public spotlight probably without much consideration to their backgrounds, and the potential effects that such high profile living could have on their behavior.  I'm not saying that King is justified in anything that he has done, but I wonder if these football clubs that turn boys into men over night feel any mentorship responsibility...

These clubs "own" the players, and in many ways shape their lives...they should probably consider owning more aspects of a football player than his ability to kick a ball....

It's obvious that King has off the field issues...His employers probably should have known this, and take measures to counsel... no?

That said I hope King learns from his idiotic mistakes and can bounce back to positively contribute to society and the community around him. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:58:34 PM by kicker »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
I wonder what responsibility the club feels in this whole fiasco.

These clubs take young guys, pay them huge salaries and throw them into a public spotlight probably without much consideration to their backgrounds, and the potential effects that such high profile living could have on their behavior.  I'm not saying that King is justified in anything that he has done, but I wonder if these football clubs that turn boys into men over night feel any mentorship responsibility...

These clubs "own" the players, and in many ways shape their lives...they should probably consider owning more aspects of a football player than his ability to kick a ball....

Deep

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 09:05:32 PM »

Nah de team ent have no responsibility in this... his agent would know him better than anybody and if anyone he should have been the one to take action.  If you have an employer and your employer know you have issues they will make allowances as allowed within the law or cut you loose.  If yuh under contract then they even more restricted in how they could deal with you... but they are under no obligation (beyond EAP), nor should they be to have to investigate and counsel you.  It's a nice idea but not sure how it would play out in practical application.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »

Nah de team ent have no responsibility in this... his agent would know him better than anybody and if anyone he should have been the one to take action.  If you have an employer and your employer know you have issues they will make allowances as allowed within the law or cut you loose.  If yuh under contract then they even more restricted in how they could deal with you... but they are under no obligation (beyond EAP), nor should they be to have to investigate and counsel you.  It's a nice idea but not sure how it would play out in practical application.

yeah def no obligation (neither are many forms of cause-based marketing that many organizations are involved in)- I suppose that's obvious. 

But I'm not sure if what is done within an organization should be limited to what's mandatory...or even what's expected.

Notice I didn't comment on what they are responsible for, but what they should feel responsible for...that's the key distinction.  It would be nice if a sense of responsibility extended beyond legal obligation. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:46:28 PM by kicker »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »
What I doh understand is how de hell yu could fu*k ah good thing up for some pumpum???  He life done and he doh even know it.   ::) ???

true story

Ah like dat one.......AH go have to use it on me wife tonight LOL and see if I go get way with it  :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Leh we know what happen.

Almost collect de pot yes......Dat is trini woman for you......Good think I like getting beat  :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Any body see RF???,
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »

true story

Leh we know what happen.

Almost collect de pot yes......Dat is trini woman for you......Good think I like getting beat  :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: damn thats funny Dr. Strange  :devil: :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
Is 13 previous convictions the man have.

Is only football and money save him from heself.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »

true story

Leh we know what happen.

Almost yuh say she miss

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 03:11:59 AM »

true story

Leh we know what happen.

Almost yuh say she miss

If I didn't duck, she would have hit me flush in de face.....Gosh I love ah trini woman  :rotfl: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:32 AM »
A more detailed account of King's previous transgressions

Marlon King's criminal career off the pitch

• King charged with 13 offences prior to most recent conviction
• Striker has previously been guilty of violence against women
  guardian.co.uk, Thursday 29 October 2009 21.59 GMT

Marlon King's convictions today for sexual assault and actual bodily harm are the latest in a long list of court appearances stretching back 12 years.

London's Southwark Crown Court heard that since the age of 17 the Jamaica international has found himself in the dock on no less than seven previous occasions involving 13 offences. They feature dishonesty, drink driving and other motoring offences, and violence against women.

Only one, receiving a stolen £30,000 BMW, resulted in a prison sentence – 18 months reduced to nine on appeal. Apart from some community penalties, the other punishments were fines.

King's first brush with the law was in December 1997 at Camberwell Youth Court when he was convicted of wounding another footballer. At the time he was playing for a local Dulwich side. His victim was part of a St Thomas's Hospital team.

Magistrates heard how he grabbed his opponent round the neck and, as the referee booked him, returned to the attack with a head-butt and a punch in the face, fracturing his cheekbone. He was given an 80-hour community order and ordered to pay £250 compensation.

Two years later, at Tower Bridge Magistrates' Court, he was fined a total of £240 for two counts of theft and two of fraudulently using a tax disc.

In 2002 he was brought before Camberwell Green Magistrates for driving with excess alcohol and while uninsured. He was fined £650, ordered to pay £40 costs and disqualified from driving for nine months.

A week later at Greenwich Magistrates' Court he received a six-month community rehabilitation order and was ordered to pay £100 compensation for criminal damage and attempting to obtain property by deception. Later that year, at Inner London Crown Court, he was jailed for receiving the BMW Cabriolet.

A year after that he was at Bow Street Magistrates' Court for two counts of common assault. The court heard how a cab driver had called police about a "disturbance" in Berwick Street, Soho. When officers arrived they saw King chasing two women along the road with a belt and buckle wrapped round his right fist.

One of them explained he had attacked them for "no apparent reason", punching her in the face and causing cuts and swelling. He was fined £1,000, and ordered to pay £500 compensation as well as £100 costs.

His last court appearance was in 2005, again at Bow Street, when he was convicted of threatening behaviour. This involved him approaching a woman near Leicester Square, and again for "no apparent reason" spat at her. He was fined £300, and ordered to pay £500 compensation and £55 costs.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »

true story

Leh we know what happen.

Almost yuh say she miss

If I didn't duck, she would have hit me flush in de face.....Gosh I love ah trini woman  :rotfl: :beermug:

We are d besttttttttt

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
Seems King has been a trouble maker for a long time, typical Jamaican.

Two years after leaving non-League Dulwich Hamlet to turn professional, King was sentenced to 18 months in prison while still at Gillingham for handling a stolen car, though his term was reduced to five months on appeal.

Though he recovered from that punishment to earn a £950,000 move to Nottingham Forest and then a £500,000 switch to Watford, with whom he won promotion to the Premier League, King's career seemed to stall after leaving Vicarage Road for Wigan.

Although Steve Bruce paid £3 million to make King one of his first signings at the JJB, and doubled his wages to about £40,000 a week, the striker found his chances limited and was loaned to Hull at the start of last season.

There, too, King attracted controversy, first for allegedly butting team-mate Dean Windass in a Scarborough casino, then being banned from driving for reaching 106mph in a 60mph zone and finally reacting in "an unacceptable manner" when asked to be a substitute. The striker was sent home by manager Phil Brown and his loan terminated.

Bruce immediately sent King out on loan again, to Middlesbrough, but the striker could do little to prevent their relegation, scoring just twice in 13 appearances. Roberto Martínez, Bruce's replacement, had offered King little playing time this season after signing Jason Scotland and the odds were heavily in favour of the striker being sold, or loaned out once more, in January.

King's temperament has similarly affected his international career. He was sent home by Jamaica, missing the 2006 friendly with England at Old Trafford, after a "breach of discipline" and was, initially, banned from representing the country for two years by the Jamaican Football Federation, though the ban was later rescinded.

Such a litany of controversies, capped by the disgrace of a second jail term during his professional career, makes King's chances of playing for another club upon his release at the age of 30, very doubtful.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 08:41:28 AM »
i wonder what the guys on the reggae boyz forum are saying about this

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 09:06:04 AM »
i wonder what the guys on the reggae boyz forum are saying about this

Not much Burrell make some half bake statement

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
A more detailed account of King's previous transgressions

Marlon King's criminal career off the pitch

• King charged with 13 offences prior to most recent conviction
• Striker has previously been guilty of violence against women
  guardian.co.uk, Thursday 29 October 2009 21.59 GMT

Marlon King's convictions today for sexual assault and actual bodily harm are the latest in a long list of court appearances stretching back 12 years.

London's Southwark Crown Court heard that since the age of 17 the Jamaica international has found himself in the dock on no less than seven previous occasions involving 13 offences. They feature dishonesty, drink driving and other motoring offences, and violence against women.

Only one, receiving a stolen £30,000 BMW, resulted in a prison sentence – 18 months reduced to nine on appeal. Apart from some community penalties, the other punishments were fines.

King's first brush with the law was in December 1997 at Camberwell Youth Court when he was convicted of wounding another footballer. At the time he was playing for a local Dulwich side. His victim was part of a St Thomas's Hospital team.

Magistrates heard how he grabbed his opponent round the neck and, as the referee booked him, returned to the attack with a head-butt and a punch in the face, fracturing his cheekbone. He was given an 80-hour community order and ordered to pay £250 compensation.

Two years later, at Tower Bridge Magistrates' Court, he was fined a total of £240 for two counts of theft and two of fraudulently using a tax disc.

In 2002 he was brought before Camberwell Green Magistrates for driving with excess alcohol and while uninsured. He was fined £650, ordered to pay £40 costs and disqualified from driving for nine months.

A week later at Greenwich Magistrates' Court he received a six-month community rehabilitation order and was ordered to pay £100 compensation for criminal damage and attempting to obtain property by deception. Later that year, at Inner London Crown Court, he was jailed for receiving the BMW Cabriolet.

A year after that he was at Bow Street Magistrates' Court for two counts of common assault. The court heard how a cab driver had called police about a "disturbance" in Berwick Street, Soho. When officers arrived they saw King chasing two women along the road with a belt and buckle wrapped round his right fist.

One of them explained he had attacked them for "no apparent reason", punching her in the face and causing cuts and swelling. He was fined £1,000, and ordered to pay £500 compensation as well as £100 costs.

His last court appearance was in 2005, again at Bow Street, when he was convicted of threatening behaviour. This involved him approaching a woman near Leicester Square, and again for "no apparent reason" spat at her. He was fined £300, and ordered to pay £500 compensation and £55 costs.

This amounts to nothing more than piling on by the British media... most of the incidents chronicled are misdemeanor offenses, including the first when he was still a juvenile.  If he was in the US that would never have been made public, let alone be on his record.  And speaking of which, the problems he got into seem no different from that plaguing many inner city youths not only here in the US, but right there in England as well.  Not making excuses for him, but the only offenses that really stands out is the assault charges involving the two women and the issue with the BMW.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »
This amounts to nothing more than piling on by the British media... most of the incidents chronicled are misdemeanor offenses, including the first when he was still a juvenile.  If he was in the US that would never have been made public, let alone be on his record.  And speaking of which, the problems he got into seem no different from that plaguing many inner city youths not only here in the US, but right there in England as well.  Not making excuses for him, but the only offenses that really stands out is the assault charges involving the two women and the issue with the BMW.

Well yuh contradict yuhself right dere, but we go ignore dat  ;D

His convictions do not amount to nothing. Most people capable of actively contributing to society do not have multiple charges/convictions for assault. This is not how most ballers act. Many of them might come from backgrounds where their friends/neighbours got into trouble but its amazing how the lure of big money can keep you on the straight and narrow. Arrogance is one ting, violence is another. The British media is absolutely right to publish his criminal record; US practice is, fortunately, irrelevant here. Didnt he ask the girl "Don't you know who I am?" Now we know.

This fella belongs wid de dregs in whatever jail they throw him in.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 02:52:13 PM »
Well yuh contradict yuhself right dere, but we go ignore dat  ;D

His convictions do not amount to nothing. Most people capable of actively contributing to society do not have multiple charges/convictions for assault. This is not how most ballers act. Many of them might come from backgrounds where their friends/neighbours got into trouble but its amazing how the lure of big money can keep you on the straight and narrow. Arrogance is one ting, violence is another. The British media is absolutely right to publish his criminal record; US practice is, fortunately, irrelevant here. Didnt he ask the girl "Don't you know who I am?" Now we know.

This fella belongs wid de dregs in whatever jail they throw him in.

Nah you misunderstand me.  First of all again, I am not offering excuses for this incident, if yuh go back to my first post you'll see I pretty much say he deserve what he get.  I also don't question the propriety of the British media publishing his record... it's public record therefore fair to publish.  My point was that most juveniles here in the US are treated as juveniles precisely because the law recognizes the redemptive possibilities that adulthood might offer... as such their juvenile records are expunged or sealed so as to not stigmatize them into adulthood. 

Not sure why you'd interpret my statement to mean that US law should somehow have precedence in the UK.  Point being if you throw out the juvenile violation in this instance, really of the "thirteen" offenses the only substantive charges are the receipt of stolen property (BMW) and the two charges of violence.  As you said, "arrogance is one thing, violence is another"... there are only two instances of violence on this record, this being the second.  I think we'd all agree that the first, without minimizing it any... really wasn't about anything. 

So... as I said, he deserves the punishment he gets here, but the British media only doing what that tabloid-dominated industry good for doing... piling on unnecessarily.

1]; } ?>