April 29, 2024, 11:16:31 PM

Author Topic: Makesi Lewis Thread  (Read 20879 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Makesi Lewis double does it for Fatima.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2005, 05:59:41 PM »
well fatima make it official then....they is the real deal this year....who woulda ever guess.  NAd why they had to wait until all ah we graduate/  We coulda be pullin real convent tings in the stadium this year  ;D
ad that georges team...how dem gettin 13 and ting so often?

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 06:21:09 PM »
Well, Fatima really tear through the North zone this year, but allyuh also had a good run in de 87 season with Rodriguez and Roberts and dem men. Allyuh win the North League but Saints win North zone Intercol
well yes

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2005, 06:52:40 PM »

ad that georges team...how dem gettin 13 and ting so often?

A George's man tell me that is a tradition.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 10:23:42 PM »
Fatima does not actively GO AFTER other ballers.

Also we lost some real baller becz of substandard grades or alleged "behaviourial problems."

Barney sheppard in the mid 80s is an eg. of this.

Also some years later, they banned a player for indiscipline in the school. Colin Murray the Coach argued for him - was turned down - and Murray resigned as Coach....this youth, I don't know the name was a real star for the College.

Fatima simply doesn't play the game the way other schools do...believe me if we wanted to, we could have an All Star team.

Peace,
VB

u have to be kidding me....behind st anthony's in the past three years fatima has recriuted the most players...more than half that side is imports and from superstar rangers where  macfarlin also coaches...fatima is not the nice and wholesome team it once was....Garcia want trophies this year.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:36:37 PM by makaveli »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 04:32:39 AM »
Answer this how many of those imports into Fatima have the GRADES??

In my day - yes the 80 - any star baller who came into the school had the necessary academics. Ronnie Simmons and Graeme Rodriguez come to mind. In fact Simmons got his Univ. Schol because Durity from St. Augustine ddn't have the necessary grades.
The school used to point this out to us....that ball want' enough if you didn't have the grades to back it up.

However, it was always understood that two men could graff dey way into Form VI once dey had the bare minimum...six passes....the lone exception was Lara...boy dey spin on dey head to accomodate dat man....and he hardly used to even show up in Form VI.

Do you know Vernon Conrneal....Anton's brother......was denied  going to Form VI and had to do it at CIC? Vernon was a star in the CFL, but it mattered not.

Yes all schools play 'the game' to a certain degree, but Fatima does not play it on the level of others. If Garcia making a bigger play than Pantin and Moore, good for he. Ah tired see we suffering when we coulda make a bigger effort. I eh saying have absolute academic failures come into the school for sport but at least make some effort nah man....so we eh hadda wait every 10 years to do something in this league.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 04:35:26 AM »
To further reiterate my point.

Two years ago, Sean Ramdoo Jr. was on the national U-16 team, but was riding Pine for a weak Fatima team.

He mudder - a real football Peong (has a child for Latas) buss some cuss on the Coach. Well, de youth was immediately dropped to the Second II. And this was a national baller on a weak football side.

Peace,
VB

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2005, 06:49:31 AM »
Well, Fatima really tear through the North zone this year, but allyuh also had a good run in de 87 season with Rodriguez and Roberts and dem men. Allyuh win the North League but Saints win North zone Intercol

That was '86 when CIC beat fatima in the N intercol.........'87 QRC won the N intercol....beat fatima in the final..same story diff opponent
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2005, 07:18:59 AM »
VB your info above about ronnie simmons totally wrong.  but doh study it
ronnie simmons was no afterthought to any durity.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2005, 07:23:21 AM »
Oh yeah...my bad....CIC won NZ intercol in 86, 88 and 89. QRC won it in 87.
well yes

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2005, 08:00:43 AM »

Yes all schools play 'the game' to a certain degree, but Fatima does not play it on the level of others.

Every school claims the same thing............ I used to hold perceive QRC as an "import" school, and when I said it, QRC men jumped down my back, and got defensive.........so it's a matter of perception. As long as you have a talented player transfer into your school, with grades or not, that student is considered a football import...............

All the schools do it.....and it makes no sense nit-picking at which school team has 3 imports and which has 4 or 5.....

Students transfer in and out of schools for many different reasons ...some have money.......some know the principal....others' uncle is a teacher etc etc.....all go unnoticed. Why do we feel that the horrible system of Common Entrance should be the only right of passage into secondary education ??.....What's the big deal about transferring a student who is good at football ? Education is not academics. It's 2005.....Sport is a big part of a fully rounded education, so there should be no shame in a school giving some some talented athletes a chance. I think it restores some balance to a very old-fashioned, imperfect, education system that we have in Trinidad which results in so much wasted potential.

At the end of the day, it's all about a bunch of young kids who have potential to do well on the field and in the classroom.....It's up to the school to foster and nurture both environments in their pursuit of excellence..............

Sorry for straying from the topic  :beermug: :beermug: ;D

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2005, 08:04:13 AM »
vb et all.
After reading your comments about Fatima playing their last 3 games at home... Does home filed advantage really make a difference at colleges level...
I just asking I really cyar remember how teams play differently on the road.. I know some fileds real bumpy, but as home field advantage goes how does it affect Fatima next rounds???

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2005, 08:20:38 AM »
vb et all.
After reading your comments about Fatima playing their last 3 games at home... Does home filed advantage really make a difference at colleges level...
I just asking I really cyar remember how teams play differently on the road.. I know some fileds real bumpy, but as home field advantage goes how does it affect Fatima next rounds???
Well, they just prove that they can win away from home as they beat St Anthony's in Westmoorings. Historically, and I mean from when I used to watch SSFl (82-90) home field for some teams meant a huge advantage; Trinity in Moka when it rain, San Juan in 'book', Malick etc. But to be honest, for schools like CIC, Fatima, QRC, it did not really make a big difference.  Also not so Compre and Fatima used to use the same grounds?
Based on results of Fatima to date, I eh think that it matter where they play. It look  like the coming out hard this year.
well yes

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2005, 08:22:06 AM »
kicker i agree, this thing not a big deal.  It is actually a good thing.  These kids make the choices they feel were in their best interest.  If their parents also happy then that is all that matters.  

my father gimme a story 1 time when teddy mice was told by jean that he wanted sterling smith to go qrc.  my old man tell me the man eyes water up and he was so proud.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »
who get the brace.....
yeah.i was in that year.......altho stevie end up leavin........and skippy repeat and was the year after.........stevie doin good at U Conn..........
if yuh could remember the starting line up too.that would be good,

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2005, 09:30:18 AM »
who get the brace.....
yeah.i was in that year.......altho stevie end up leavin........and skippy repeat and was the year after.........stevie doin good at U Conn..........

Starting line-up for 97 with everybody healthy
----------------------Yohann/Telly---------------------

McKell--------Wilson-------------Assam-------Radix

---------------Tavares-----------Stoute---------------
FF---------------------Gibbings---------------McEachnie

------------------------Monroe---------------------------

It was originally ah 4-4-2... but after de men and dem get brace it force ah whole switch around. I end up having to play left back Mckell was originally ah stopper and Assam was originally a center mid ... then Rojas play left back before he was declared ineligible after panty men Saints file ah protest and had the game overturned.... this was de line up by the end of de season when we make National Intercol quarters....
Check yuh PM... I send yuh who de men was who get brace.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2005, 03:20:35 PM »
VB your info above about ronnie simmons totally wrong.  but doh study it
ronnie simmons was no afterthought to any durity.

FK,

thanks for ur email....First as you know RS....was pure legend in the 80s and should have had more play on the sr. team.

I know better than to argue a RS point with you...in retrospect and with ur input what may have happened is that Durity got the schol offer and then had it withdrawn becz of a lack of grades.

RS had the skill and grades got his schol and this was pointed out to us by Mr. Moore.

So thanks for the correction.

Peace,
VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2005, 03:21:12 PM »
who get the brace.....

Starting line-up for 97 with everybody healthy
----------------------Yohann/Telly---------------------

McKell--------Wilson-------------Assam-------Radix

---------------Tavares-----------Stoute---------------
FF---------------------Gibbings---------------McEachnie

------------------------Monroe---------------------------

It was originally ah 4-4-2... but after de men and dem get brace it force ah whole switch around. I end up having to play left back Mckell was originally ah stopper and Assam was originally a center mid ... then Rojas play left back before he was declared ineligible after panty men Saints file ah protest and had the game overturned.... this was de line up by the end of de season when we make National Intercol quarters....
Check yuh PM... I send yuh who de men was who get brace.

FF who was the 1997 Coach?

VB

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2005, 03:26:56 PM »
VB, Jeffrey Seales was coach from 96-98

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2005, 03:36:06 PM »
Is Seales ex Fatima??

If so...what year??

VB

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2005, 03:59:17 PM »
Yes ex-Fatima... I couldn't tell you what years though... I would hazard ah guess that he was around late 30's early 40's in age so maybe he was at Fatima mid to late 1970's... I remember some ah de older heads saying that he was real good and was playing first eleven football when he was in Form two... He used to live St. James...

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2005, 04:23:10 PM »
Monroe.............he is a short fella?????????? this is the year assam get the red card against st anthony's in the quarterfinals???
the year after that doh was just as good...... i think that is went stevie and oni get to sweat because Mc Eachine leave....     then campbell a fella name daryl who come in    in form 3  slip into the midfield...  this year...........Gibbings score a freekick against CIC on our grounds from about half line.............

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2005, 04:41:02 PM »
Reading Back..vb made a comment...

To further reiterate my point.

Two years ago, Sean Ramdoo Jr. was on the national U-16 team, but was riding Pine for a weak Fatima team.

He mudder - a real football Peong (has a child for Latas) buss some cuss on the Coach. Well, de youth was immediately dropped to the Second II. And this was a national baller on a weak football side.

In the last 3 to 4 years..........Fatima never had a week side.....in 2003 we come 3rd in the league.and that was Mac Mac first season........the second season...he lost about 5 or 6 starters and almost the whole bench.......and still did well.......no offense to past coaches, but if this coach was here before Fatima would have done much better in the years where we had good sides and was jus sitting mid table.....  Stoute last yr and the year after that were some good sides .they jus didnt have the right instructions.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
...........Gibbings score a freekick against CIC on our grounds from about half line.............

;D ;D ::)

Oh gawd!! Yuh see how legends are made... ha ha ha... de man bawl Gary score from halfline...ha ha ha... it was from right outside de box in actuality but was still impressive....

de short man on de side was Tavares... Monroe kinda had ah non-descript look... ah medium build brown skin fella...
and yes that is de same year that Assam get de red in PSA also McEachnie and ah next St Anthony's fella get red carded when ah brawl nearly break out on de field... I go never forget we leading 1-0 and Carlos Edwards twist up Mckell so bad... Mckell went left right end up stumbling and as Carlos blow past him... my boy dive head first (ah couldn't believe meh eyes) and grab on to Carlos foot wrestling style and bring him down yes!!!  :rotfl:  Tweet PENALTY Yellow card... I laughing now but ah was blue vex then cuz I was right dey covering... steups we end up losing 2-1 and St Anthony's win Intercol >:(

Also Mckell is de only man I ever see get two yellow card in one game and still play out de whole game... the referee like he bounce he head and forget who get yellow card before and never pull out de red card... So Mckell stay on de field ha ha ha ha ha... it was vs Morvant and like dem ent even realise!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:46:15 PM by FF »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2005, 06:52:15 PM »
hey what eva happen to marvin reaburn
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2005, 07:03:10 PM »
Nah boy.it was closer to half line......... Ithad rai or something and it had a whole set of water in the goal at the pavilion end. he was on the left side of the field......yeah boy... it was almost on the half...
i remember the chant..." the referee is a bulla man wohhhhhhh"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2005, 01:48:55 AM »
I notice that in 2001...Graeme Rodriguez and Anil Roberts were Coach and Asst. Coach respectively.

Any insight into these fellas as Coaches??

VB

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2005, 01:33:55 PM »
I notice that in 2001...Graeme Rodriguez and Anil Roberts were Coach and Asst. Coach respectively.

Any insight into these fellas as Coaches??

VB

I think it was 2000

Don't mean to dis, cause I dunno the full story behind Graeme and Anil, but from my memory they took over the squad when they had the play-off for relegation, they lost the game, and then they (Graeme and Anil) left they  squad.....

My younger brother was on the team at the time, and from the outside looking in, it looked as if Anil and Graeme were only full of chat.....It appeared as if they were huffin' and puffin' and talking a big game, but didn't have the belly to coach the side back out of the second division.....I was disappointed.

But like I say, I might have a very twisted view on how things went down, so if anyone could shed more light.....it would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 01:36:13 PM by kicker »

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2006, 03:15:04 PM »
 :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Makesi Lewis tabbed summit league offensive player of the week.
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
OU’s Lewis tabbed summit league offensive player of the week.
By: Scott MacDonald.

The sophomore forward tallied two goals in the Grizzlies’ 2-0 win last Saturday.

ROCHESTER, Mich. – Oakland University’s Makesi Lewis was named Summit League Men’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week on Monday, announced by the league office. Lewis earns the honor for the first time this season, and joins teammate Sebastian Harris as Golden Grizzlies to earn top offensive honors for the league this season.

“Makesi did a great job for us off the bench and is deserving of this honor,” said OU coach Gary Parsons. “He provided that spark we needed off the bench as was our MVP in that game.”

Lewis, a sophomore from Diego Martin, Trinidad, scored both goals for Oakland in a 2-0 shutout victory over Centenary College last Saturday off the bench. He notched the game-winning goal in the 25th minute on a header that beat the CC goalkeeper. Lewis then scored his second goal of the game in the 84th minute, beating two Gentlemen defenders on the top of the box and sending a shot to the back of the net to ice the game.

He now ranks third on the team with seven points, pushing his season goals total to three. The Golden Grizzlies finished the week 1-1, falling to No. 4 Akron, 2-1, on Wednesday night at Lee Jackson Field. OU will take on IPFW this Friday night in Fort Wayne, Ind. The game can be followed via live stats on www.ougrizzlies.com.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Makesi Lewis & Stefan St Louis power Oakland to 3-1 win.
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »
Oakland Takes Down Xavier 3-1 in Exhibition Play.
By: Samantha Franz.

Junior Makesi Lewis, senior Stefan St. Louis and junior Brendan Symington all notched goals for the Oakland University men’s soccer team, as the Golden Grizzlies defeated Xavier University 3-1 in exhibition play Wednesday at the OU Soccer Field.

“Overall, I was pleased with level of play today,” said head coach Eric Pogue. “With 15 new faces and 15 returners, you never know how the players are going to gel in a game setting. But I thought they played well together and showed good work ethic and organization on the field.”

Oakland got on the scoreboard almost instantly when redshirted sophomore Daiki Mori fed Lewis a pass from the short corner to give OU the 1-0 lead inside of the first minute. The Musketeers knotted the game up 1-1, however, when Andy Dimbi fired a shot off a free kick at 24:54.

In the second half, two quick goals by St. Louis and Symington at 54:45 and 55:52, respectively, gave Oakland a 3-1 edge, which they carried for the remainder of the contest. Redshirted sophomore Mitch Hildebrandt played in net for a majority of the match and made two saves.

“We are still trying out players in different positions and today gave us some insight as to where we see players fitting into the picture as the regular season moves closer,” said Pogue. “I was happy on the defensive end of the ball, but we need to learn to be a cohesive attacking unit, which is definitely something we’re going to work on between now and our next match.”

Oakland will continue exhibition play on Monday, August 24 when they take on Western Michigan University at 3 p.m. at the OU Soccer Field.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>