June 05, 2024, 07:46:04 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Vs. West Brom  (Read 7566 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Vs. West Brom
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »
It eh have no Trinis in Action thread, so I'll just post here that Scotty score again. A penalty.

That shithong.   ;D  ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 11:50:32 AM »
Kenwyne needs a goal or 2... and this could just be the game to do it...

I'll try meh best to watch... ah just see L'Arse and Boro play out a 1-1 draw... and ah waiting for the Liverpool fixture...

el clasico is later too...

plenty football on today fella...

Lol...

Where's Kev?

Good to see them taking advantage of the schedule to make a push towards the middle of the table.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 11:56:01 AM »
It eh have no Trinis in Action thread, so I'll just post here that Scotty score again. A penalty.

That shithong.   ;D  ::)

no offense but ah find yuh being ah lil harsh....ah eh think he reach dah stage yet.. ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 12:09:10 PM »
this is definitly what sunderland needed,valuable 3 pts and goals by KJ.keep scorin son.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »
Kenwyne needs a goal or 2... and this could just be the game to do it...

I'll try meh best to watch... ah just see L'Arse and Boro play out a 1-1 draw... and ah waiting for the Liverpool fixture...

el clasico is later too...

plenty football on today fella...

Lol...

Where's Kev?

Good to see them taking advantage of the schedule to make a push towards the middle of the table.

Not long got back, need a new coach aswell as a manager.  Performance was secondary behind the result today, but the same things were happening just West Brom couldn't take advantage of them.  Gaps in midfield, poor defending, too many players chasing the ball, too many players left free. 

Don't think Kenwyn played particularly well today, still not really seen a performance from him, but will settle for him just scoring at the minute.  Thought Cisse played well ran the channels and put himself about, still playing too close or running into the same space but its early days for them yet. 

Still think we need the 2/3 players mentioned at least but boy we needed them points today, hopefully a new manager this week, take a week or 2 to get them organised properly and a couple of players in Jan and game on, I wish, just hope we can get a few more points in teh interim while it gets sorted out. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:38:18 PM by kev »

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »
Not to be a spoiler, but Kenwyne miss a SITTER!!!  After he turn his defender upside down :P, he hit de shot STRAIGHT at de keeper....he coulda have a hattrick, but he still play damn good.  One thing I like bout Kenwyne, is that he ALWAYS runs back to help the defense out.  It is undoubtedly his defensive qualities in him (from his younger days) burning inside him, and with a defense like Sunderland, I would run back too  ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
Highlights...

good header for the first goal...

and he make a real nice play in the build up to the 3rd...

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »
We havent heard from Cartman in a while....   

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
Nice match KJ :applause: :applause:
orrite Sunderland, is wins from now on eh ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »

Not long got back, need a new coach aswell as a manager.  Performance was secondary behind the result today, but the same things were happening just West Brom couldn't take advantage of them.  Gaps in midfield, poor defending, too many players chasing the ball, too many players left free. 

Don't think Kenwyn played particularly well today, still not really seen a performance from him, but will settle for him just scoring at the minute.  Thought Cisse played well ran the channels and put himself about, still playing too close or running into the same space but its early days for them yet. 

Still think we need the 2/3 players mentioned at least but boy we needed them points today, hopefully a new manager this week, take a week or 2 to get them organised properly and a couple of players in Jan and game on, I wish, just hope we can get a few more points in teh interim while it gets sorted out. 

I can't be harsh this week b/c I didn't see the game... but certainly results are what matters when yuh scraping bottom.  The schedule is still in their favor over the course of the next five games or so with their direct competition having tough games as noted earlier.  Let's see if this is the start of a trend or a one-off against an inferior opponent.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »

I can't be harsh this week b/c I didn't see the game... but certainly results are what matters when yuh scraping bottom.  The schedule is still in their favor over the course of the next five games or so with their direct competition having tough games as noted earlier.  Let's see if this is the start of a trend or a one-off against an inferior opponent.

I am sorry to say it was the case, still simple things to cure not been cured, I just cannot get my head around how nobody at the club seems to see it.  Good for confidence though, but keep doing it and its going to be a very long and disapointing season.  I could only relax after the 3rd went in.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 05:13:08 PM »
D FLIP ALIVE AND WELL.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
Cisse is ah real nastiness!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2008, 05:17:57 PM »

How so boi???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »

Nastiness fuhreallll....well that just goes to show that Kenwyne is nuh ah greedy man, and he let Cisse get on de scoring sheeett...maybe it was ah tactical move to build de man confidence...yuh eh see when he score...he finally put ah smile on he killler face! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

How so boi???

Cisse has done so much in football already, why not give a youngster his first major footballing moment!!

The score is 3-0, they were just awarded a penalty and instead of giving kenwyne a chance to claim his first premier league hattrick, he chose to take it himself.

I am sure that Kenwyne asked to take the penalty.

I know that teams have designated penalty takers, but it was not like if the score was 1-1 in the 85 minute.

steups!!

Poor camaraderie!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »

How so boi???

Cisse has done so much in football already, why not give a youngster his first major footballing moment!!

The score is 3-0, they were just awarded a penalty and instead of giving kenwyne a chance to claim his first premier league hattrick, he chose to take it himself.

I know that teams have designated penalty takers, but it was not like if the score was 1-1 in the 85 minute.

steups!!

Poor camaraderie!!

i thought you mean he was a nastiness for the way he voom kick that penalty... coulda send the keeper in hospital!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »

How so boi???

steups!!

Poor camaraderie!!

Oh, Ok thanks. Was just curious.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2008, 06:09:42 PM »
maybe Cisse does get extra bonus for number of goals
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »

steups!!

Poor camaraderie!!

We presume... and protest too much.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

How so boi???

steups!!

Poor camaraderie!!

respectfully disagree. it is a team sport and personal glory is a luxury. in Sunderland case, where man management and maintaining confidence throughout the squad is critical, you should want as many people amongst the goals as possible.

Cisse is Sunderland top striker and works his socks off..deserved his penalty. KJ done score 2..his confidence needed no extra boost. Now yuh have 2 happy strikers in yuh dressing room after the game instead of just one.

i think if yuh ask any manager..if he knew before hand that his team will score more than one, and he has 2 strikers, he will always choose to have both of them among the goals instead of one banging in a hattrick. i really doh know if all dat went through Cisse and KJ head, but in theory, what happened on the field should be much better for the squad psyche if players realize squad comes before the individual. On the contrary, KJ demanding the penalty ahead of his strike partner would have been a more clear sign of lack of comeraderie
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:26:42 PM by Filho »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »
Filho, you speak of confidence......

One of the main problems Sunderland have is the fact that they getting 60% of their goals from Cisse.

Prior to this game, cisse had 6 premier league goals.  Next on the List was Kieron Richardson with 2 while Jones, Leadbitter and Reid had one.  So how could Cisse be in need of any confidence boaster if he has been banging in the goals all season!

Kenwyne is in need of a boast because he is also working hard.  A premier league hattrick is something that would get his confidence levels beaming!!

You also speak of sharing the goals...........he could have still given de man de bligh!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 07:15:03 AM »
Personally I would of let Kenwyn take it, but the body language between the 2 of them isn't great, so I don't think they are bossom buddies.  I would imagine Cisse is the designated taker so took it, no big deal really and yes I would imagine he does have a goal bonus.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »
Filho, you speak of confidence......

One of the main problems Sunderland have is the fact that they getting 60% of their goals from Cisse.

Prior to this game, cisse had 6 premier league goals.  Next on the List was Kieron Richardson with 2 while Jones, Leadbitter and Reid had one.  So how could Cisse be in need of any confidence boaster if he has been banging in the goals all season!

Kenwyne is in need of a boast because he is also working hard.  A premier league hattrick is something that would get his confidence levels beaming!!

You also speak of sharing the goals...........he could have still given de man de bligh!!

ok we disagree. respect

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »
Designated or not, your side 2 goals up and a man on a hattrick..

Cisse shoulda let Kenwyne take it..

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »
jones wanted to take it..............
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 10:46:58 AM »

steups!!

Poor camaraderie!!

We presume... and protest too much.

There you go again Bakes trying to be de voice of reason...,but will people listen? we go see...anyaway, i say unless we have somebody on here who does talk/text to Dwight, Kenwyne or Carlos, please allyuh end yuh post wid ah lil IMHO nah? ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>