April 28, 2024, 06:29:39 AM

Author Topic: Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!  (Read 15731 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
Just in on CNN.....on his last visit to Iraq and while at a news conference or some similar setting a man in de audience take off he shoe and pelt it at Bush!!!....no lie.....dey just report it on CNN but they didn't have video yet!!..

Ah cyar wait to see dat one!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
Just in on CNN.....on his last visit to Iraq and while at a news conference or some similar setting a man in de audience take off he shoe and pelt it at Bush!!!....no lie.....dey just report it on CNN but they didn't have video yet!!..

Ah cyar wait to see dat one!!...

lol breaking news hahahaha  :devil:. it good who invite he there  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah now see de video on MSNBC......it was a local Iraqi journalist that pelt de shoe, in fact he pelt both shoes!!...

And they now reporting that the sole of a shoe in Iraqi culture is an insult!!....Lord fadder!!
Ah cyar believe mih eyes!!....
It possible to resign office before de new President come in??  If it possible me like Bush I woulda resign in de morning!!....nah dis have to be even lower that low for even ah bottom hole like Bush.... :o :o

Also, ah wonder what charge de Secret Service goh put on de journalist....attack with a Weapon of Mass Destruction??.. :-\  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah enjoying dis a bit too much..... ;D

Edit: still cyar find video online yet.....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:00:18 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah now see de video on MSNBC......it was a local Iraqi journalist that pelt de shoe, in fact he pelt both shoes!!...

And they now reporting that the sole of a shoe in Iraqi culture is an insult!!....Lord fadder!!
Ah cyar believe mih eyes!!....
It possible to resign office before de new President come in??  If it possible me like Bush I woulda resign in de morning!!....nah dis have to be even lower that low for even ah bottom hole like Bush.... :o :o

Also, ah wonder what charge de Secret Service goh put on de journalist....attack with a Weapon of Mass Destruction??.. :-\  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah enjoying dis a bit too much..... ;D

Edit: still cyar find video online yet.....
When the Saddam statue came down the people beat it with their shoes.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 01:19:09 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
I am impressed with Bush's reflexes and ducking technique. Look closely- he maintains his grin throughout the attack. Awesome !!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »
I am impressed with Bush's reflexes and ducking technique. Look closely- he maintains his grin throughout the attack. Awesome !!

It was probably the smartest he do throughout he whole Presidency!!!....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »
Ey if the shoe connected it woulda hurt!
The man fling it hard and from close but Bush see it comin.
This video clip will be popular all week :)

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
Bush is a true master at ducking...you feel that is not an acquired skill, is whole two presidencies he ducking.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
bush could dodge bullets

talk done
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »
Not really funny... you can disagree, but still have some respect... if not for the man, for the office.

But what does that Iraqi fella care...

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 02:08:57 PM »
you have to give Bush credit for his reaction and demeanor .... lol
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »
Now that is what you call a Bata Bullet  :devil:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »
Not really funny... you can disagree, but still have some respect... if not for the man, for the office.

ah president get pelt with ah shoe and duck it and that not funny???  you hatto be related to the grinch boy
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »
he lucky it didnt have ah man with ah kick and stab ,da woulda been trouble .

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »
he lucky it didnt have ah man with ah kick and stab ,da woulda been trouble .

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
secret service was on coffee break,i eh see one.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »

Now when all de laughter die down, that will be de sad part of the whole thing.....that he, Bush brought de office down to such a low level that a man could fathom pelting a shoe after him....if we didn't know before we know now, the US Presidency and its office has hit rock bottom, in fact it reach subterranean level...
Thank God, redemption coming Jan 20th....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »
ah president get pelt with ah shoe and duck it and that not funny???  you hatto be related to the grinch boy

If that's the silly-ass criteria you offer on which to judge my disposition... then I might be similarly justified in questioning your intellect, and on the body of the evidence I might actually be right.
Now when all de laughter die down, that will be de sad part of the whole thing.....that he, Bush brought de office down to such a low level that a man could fathom pelting a shoe after him....if we didn't know before we know now, the US Presidency and its office has hit rock bottom, in fact it reach subterranean level...
Thank God, redemption coming Jan 20th....

Bush has made some poor executive decisions but I'd hardly say that he has reduced the office... arguably Clinton did much worse.  He's an unpopular president so people will take whatever opportunity to join in anything that makes him look bad.  I hardly think anybody would be laughing had it been Obama standing at the lectern instead.  I just find it shocking... and unnecessary, but at the same time typical of today's mindset... you disagree with someone or you're frustrated at them and the next thing that comes to mind is to attack them physically.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »
Bakes, if Bush had been as zealous as you are being in protecting the integrity of the Office of the President, then likely he wouldn't have been the subject of this incident ... American presidents in your lifetime have made several unpopular decisions (and US presidents are typically shielded from exposure to this sort of thing ...by political handlers, not security handlers) and without searching my recall too deeply, I'm hardpressed to locate an equivalent ... let's face it ... this rests with Bush and the character of his presidency ...

In addition, you seem to be applying a standard of expectation that you expect of American citizens upon what you expect of foreign citizens ... even the White House does not do that.

"This is a farewell ... you dog"

"This is a farewell kiss, dog!" ... "This is the end!"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:03:19 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 05:02:07 PM »
Obama announces NEW PRESS RULES

Barack Obama has announced that all Journalists at his press conferences must be barefooted at all times.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 05:04:31 PM »
Bakes, if Bush had been as zealous as you are being in protecting the integrity of the Office of the President, then likely he wouldn't have been the subject of this incident ... American presidents in your lifetime have made several unpopular decisions (and US presidents are typically shielded from exposure to this sort of thing ...by political handlers, not security handlers) and without searching my recall too deeply, I'm hardpressed to locate an equivalent ... let's face it ... this rests with Bush and the character of his presidency ...

In addition, you seem to be applying a standard of expectation that you expect of American citizens upon what you expect of foreign citizens ... even the White House does not do that.

"This is a farewell ... you dog"

Outside of voicing my own disapproval of the happenings I am not "applying" anything to anything.  People just ent have no kinda respect or training anymore.  Not to stereotype, but it certainly did cross my mind that something like this would be normal in the Middle East where if you disagree strongly enough with somebody then it's okay to be violent towards them.  Passion and emotion rules the day and rationality is afforded only cursory consideration.

I also fail to see how I'm being "zealous" in protecting the office of the President... I am neither in position nor the mindset to 'protect' anything.  If you recall I voiced similar disapproval in the incident with Manning and the overzealous traffic cop.  I firmly expect to be in the minority on this and that's fine with me... I don't advocate blind deference to customs and institutions, but at the end of a day a certain amount of decorum is both reflective of and central to organized (and civilized) societies.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »
I don't condone the attack on the President.

However, I decline to frame it, as you have done, through the lens of civility. You do recognise that some folks are unmotivated by visa privileges?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 05:11:47 PM »
Now that is what you call a Bata Bullet  :devil:

Drum roll
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »
I don't condone the attack on the President.

However, I decline to frame it, as you have done, through the lens of civility. You do recognise that some folks are unmotivated by visa privileges?

...and this relates to the issue, how?

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »
I'm hardpressed to locate an equivalent ... let's face it ... this rests with Bush and the character of his presidency ...

I think this is a bit of a stretch.  attention-seekers do these kinda things all the time, throwing pies in politicians' faces and what not.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »
I'm hardpressed to locate an equivalent ... let's face it ... this rests with Bush and the character of his presidency ...

I think this is a bit of a stretch.  attention-seekers do these kinda things all the time, throwing pies in politicians' faces and what not.

Somebody even posted a vid a little while back of the former Canadian PM getting physical with a fella who shove a megaphone in he face and was yelling into it.  Even that is way more passive an act than some commoner throwing a missile at a sitting head of state.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »

Please note, I did not extend my comments to 'politicians' in general but to the U.S. President in specific ... precisely because of the empirical evidence to the contrary. Hence, I'm not incorporating something like the "don't tase me, bro" incident.

Also, it's deficient to merely assess this guy as an "attention-seeker' .... I have already scoured some sources to get a fix on Al-Baghdadiya's orientation and experience inside and outside Iraq ... but you need not go so far, just listen to what he was saying as he shouted.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:28:56 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »
Iraqi TV reporter abducted in Baghdad

Baghdad, 17 November 2007 ( Voices of Iraq )

Sources from al-Baghdadiya satellite television said on Friday that a reporter was kidnapped in central Baghdad while on his way to work.

"A correspondent working for al-Baghdadiya satellite television Muntazer al-Zidi was kidnapped on Friday in unclear circumstances while on his way to work in al-Bab al-Sharqi region in central Baghdad," a source from the television told the independent news agency Voices of Iraq (VOI) under condition of anonymity.

"The reporter's family tried to reach him through his cell phone, but the kidnappers responded and asserted the abduction," he noted.

He did not provide more details.

The channel appealed to the abductors to release al-Zidi, asking the Iraqi security authorities to work to set him free.

Al-Zidi, 26, has worked for the television since its establishment.

Al-Baghdadiya is an Iraqi private television started its transmission from Cairo in September 2005.

Reporters Without Borders, a French organization that monitors press freedom worldwide, said that Iraq is at 157th place regarding press freedom.

The Journalistic Freedoms Observatory (JFO), a non-governmental Iraqi organization that monitors violations and aggression against media staff in Iraq, said that 219 Iraqi and foreign journalists and media staffs have been killed in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003

+++

Reporter for Sunni TV station gunned down in Iraq

Story Published: May 11, 2006 at 9:51 AM PST
Story Updated: Aug 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM PST
- By TAREK EL-TABLAWY
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A reporter who worked for a pro-Sunni Iraqi television station was gunned down in Baghdad, making him at least the fourth media worker killed in Iraq this month, Iraqi officials and the station said Thursday.

Saud Muzahim al-Hadithi was found dead - shot repeatedly in the head - in Baghdad's notorious Dora neighborhood last week, said Iraqi army Capt. Ali Yaeen. News of his death came three days after the bodies of two other television station employees were found on a highway southeast of Baghdad.

Bodies routinely turn up in Dora, victims of what Sunni Arabs say are targeted reprisal assassinations by Shiite death squads. Many Shiites have fled Dora for fear of attack by Sunni extremists.

Al-Hadithi reported for al-Baghdadiya satellite channel for about seven months, but left the station about a month ago to join another station, said Mohammed Fityan, al-Baghdadiya's director in Baghdad.
He declined to name the station and said he did not know exactly when al-Hadithi was found dead.

Al-Baghdadiya's reports are often critical of the Iraqi government and the U.S. military's presence in Iraq.
The station is sympathetic to the country's Sunni Arab minority which forms the backbone of Iraq's insurgency. Iraq's Shiite-owned stations and newspapers are equally critical of Sunnis.

The international media group Reporters Without Borders said five journalists and media assistants have been killed in Iraq since May 1, making the month "exceptionally murderous for the Iraqi news media." The Paris-based group said the five included freelance journalist Abdul-Magid al-Mohammedawi, whose body was found May 5 in his home. Iraqi authorities could not confirm al-Mohammedawi's death.

"We can no longer find words to express our horror at the tragedies constantly suffered by the press in Iraq,"
Reporters Without Borders said, urging Prime Minister-designate Nouri al-Maliki to investigate the killings.

The bodies of Al-Nahrain TV reporter Laith al-Dulaimi and Muazaz Ahmed Barood, the station's telephone operator, were found on Monday along a main road near Madain, about 12 miles southeast of Baghdad. Witnesses told police their vehicle was intercepted a day earlier by men dressed in police uniforms.

On Sunday, a car bomb exploded near the Baghdad offices of the state-run al-Sabah newspaper, killing an employee who worked at the printing press.

Reporters Without Borders said at least 93 journalists and media workers have been killed in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003. It was unclear if the number included al-Hadithi and al-Mohammedawi.

Another media organization, the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists, has said at least 70 journalists, not counting al-Hadithi, have been killed since the invasion. The group's figure does not include media assistants. Two-thirds of those killed were Iraqis.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

+++

Al-Baghdadiya TV reporter detained in Diwaniyah

Baghdad, 27 June 2007 ( Voices of Iraq )

Iraqi security forces on Tuesday morning arrested the reporter from al-Baghdadiya satellite television in the city of Diwaniyah, the Journalistic Freedoms Observatory (JFO) said.

"The satellite channels' news desk said that its reporter in the city of Diwaniyah, Emad al-Khuzaaei, was arrested by Iraqi security forces while on duty," the JFO said in a statement.

The channel quoted eyewitnesses as saying that "the man was beaten by security forces, who also confiscated his journalistic equipment".

The JFO held the Iraqi government and the interior ministry responsible for the reporter's safety, demanding them to immediately release him.

The Journalistic Freedoms Observatory is non-governmental organization formed of Iraqi journalists to monitor violations and aggression against media workers.

Diwaniyah is the capital city of Qadissiyah province in central southern Iraq, and lies 80 km south of Baghdad.

1]; } ?>