June 05, 2024, 11:36:36 PM

Author Topic: Paul Ince Sacked  (Read 6065 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Paul Ince Sacked
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »
The points tha tInce raised before he got the job were valid and I have no problem with that but he complained too much AFTER getting the job.

He was making the case from day one of people being out to get him. From the first win of the season when he addressed the non issue of the media trying to stir shit in his dressing room to a couple weeks ago when he was claiming that there was a conspiracy against him as a former United player.

I also agree with Kev that is pre and post match appearances were strange to say the least. He seemed to have this anxious, nervous, frenetic look. Even on the sidelines he would look like he was aware that the cameras were on him. I could understand it as a case of him feeling pressure as the first english black manager in the EPL, especially since there were people unfairly questioning whether he was the man for the job in th efirst place. He was also not embraced by the B'burn fans upon signing like Hughes was or like keane was at Sunderland.

He probably genuinely felt that people were out to get him. If that translated to the dressing room the team would obviously suffer. It is tough to say but he might have been better off just letting that stuff go, saying eff everybody and getting on with the job.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 09:22:19 AM »
BNS tbf you can say that of both depending on your perspective.  Keane was less critical of the press than Ince, but the press boys tend to have long memories and don't miss many opportunities to get their own back and more. 

We went through this last time but Ince was on about why HE wasn't getting a chance and I appreciate its a sensitive subject to thats how he came across, whether that was his intention is a different matter.  But there are still a great deal more mangers that have "served their time" in the lower leagues a lot longer than Ince and are still there and will never be given a chance.  I know it goes on and it shouldn't but tbf the majority of people couldn't care less if Ince was sky blue pink with yellow spots as long as he did the job and that is the truth of it.  The thing was the interviews weren't about any situation is was always about Ince, me, me ,me nothing more nothing less. 

At the end of the day he got his chance and it didn't work out for him, even though I don't think it was all his fault, so his whinging worked for him and against him in the media.  He got the attention he wanted. 

The one thing I am grateful for is that I won't have to watch his post match interviews anymore, where he looks anywhere but the camera its very annoying, sometimes it looks as if he is watching a tennis match behind the interviewer.

How else would he address the situation but from his personal perspective?  Anyways... I didn't see the actual interviews you're talking about so I'm really not in position to argue too much about it.  What I would say is that having seen the same thing addressed by him on SkySports I immediately understood where he was coming from.

At any rate, we're unlikely to get on the same page at this point so we can just leave it off here.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rovers appoint Allardyce
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 10:08:14 AM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4658099,00.html

Rovers appoint Allardyce
Former Bolton and Newcastle boss named successor to Ince

Blackburn Rovers have appointed Sam Allardyce as their new manager on a three-year contract.

Allardyce had been in discussions with the Ewood Park outfit since late on Tuesday night and he has now been named successor to Paul Ince.

The former Bolton and Newcastle boss has made no secret of his desire to return to management since leaving St James' Park in January.

Allardyce, 54, along with ex-England boss Steve McClaren, was a contender for the Ewood Park hot-seat in the summer, but Ince - who was sacked on Tuesday - was the preferred candidate.

However, it has now been decided that Allardyce is the right man to steer Rovers away from Premier League relegation danger and his first game in charge will be Saturday's home meeting with Stoke City.

"Blackburn Rovers are delighted to announce the appointment of Sam Allardyce as manager with immediate effect," read a club statement. "Sam has signed a three-year contract."

Graeme Souness, who managed Rovers between 2000 and 2004, was rumoured to be close to making a return to the one-time Premier League champions but he ruled himself out of the running on Wednesday morning.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rovers appoint Allardyce
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »
I was hoping Sunderland would get big Sam.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Rovers appoint Allardyce
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »
I was hoping Sunderland would get big Sam.

Sunderland were not interested. Allardyce was praising Sunderland all last week but they didn't even offer him a chance to interview.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »
BNS tbf you can say that of both depending on your perspective.  Keane was less critical of the press than Ince, but the press boys tend to have long memories and don't miss many opportunities to get their own back and more. 

We went through this last time but Ince was on about why HE wasn't getting a chance and I appreciate its a sensitive subject to thats how he came across, whether that was his intention is a different matter.  But there are still a great deal more mangers that have "served their time" in the lower leagues a lot longer than Ince and are still there and will never be given a chance.  I know it goes on and it shouldn't but tbf the majority of people couldn't care less if Ince was sky blue pink with yellow spots as long as he did the job and that is the truth of it.  The thing was the interviews weren't about any situation is was always about Ince, me, me ,me nothing more nothing less. 

At the end of the day he got his chance and it didn't work out for him, even though I don't think it was all his fault, so his whinging worked for him and against him in the media.  He got the attention he wanted. 

The one thing I am grateful for is that I won't have to watch his post match interviews anymore, where he looks anywhere but the camera its very annoying, sometimes it looks as if he is watching a tennis match behind the interviewer.

How else would he address the situation but from his personal perspective?  Anyways... I didn't see the actual interviews you're talking about so I'm really not in position to argue too much about it.  What I would say is that having seen the same thing addressed by him on SkySports I immediately understood where he was coming from.

At any rate, we're unlikely to get on the same page at this point so we can just leave it off here.

Agreed :)

giggsy11

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »
Shit at least the man paid his dues unlike- Zola and Southgate.

Zola was the coach of the Italian 21 team before he came to West Ham, and he had his badges!

Dont compare the two!

You are right, I stand corrected.

1]; } ?>