April 23, 2024, 11:18:16 AM

Author Topic: Paul Ince Sacked  (Read 5906 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Paul Ince Sacked
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:35:03 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7784967.stm

Lowly Blackburn sack manager Ince

Paul Ince has paid for Blackburn's poor start to the season

Blackburn have sacked manager Paul Ince after only three wins in 17 Premier League games left the club languishing second from bottom in the table.

Ince, 41, joined Rovers from MK Dons in June but Blackburn's last league win was at Newcastle on 27 September.

Chairman John Williams said: "Three wins in 17 games has seen a squad which finished seventh last season fall to 19th place.

"We are currently in danger of becoming detached from the pack."

The decision to sack Ince was taken after a Blackburn board meeting and Williams made it clear that the need to keep the club in the top flight was behind the move.

Former boss Graeme Souness is an early front-runner to take over, possibly assisted by veteran Blackburn midfield man Tugay.

Williams was publicly critical of Blackburn's display in what proved to be Ince's final game, the 3-0 defeat at Wigan on Saturday.

He added: "The survival of the club in the Premier League is paramount and our focus is on finding a replacement who will be able to maintain our top-division status.

"Paul will bounce back, he is a fighter and we wish him well."

A statement released on the Blackburn website said: "The board, having selected Paul Ince back in June, were desperate for him to succeed and wanted to give him as much time as possible in the unforgiving environment of the Premier League, where time is such a precious commodity."

The Blackburn squad returned to training on Tuesday after their Christmas party in Dublin and they were put through their paces by assistant manager Ray Matthias while Ince met with the board.

Ince was appointed on 22 June on a three-year contract and, despite a promising start to the campaign, saw performances and results begin to deteriorate.

Rovers have lost their last six league games and there have been reports of dressing-room unrest.

Following the defeat at Wigan, Williams told the the Lancashire Telegraph: "After all the signs coming out of Brockhall (Blackburn's training ground) this week, I was led to believe we would get a top performance.

"Without taking anything away from Wigan I have to say I was very disappointed with what I saw."

"The worry is the league table is beginning to stretch out and now we need two wins just to get back among the pack at the bottom."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:39:14 AM by Tallman »

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince Sacked
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »
It was coming,unlucky 4 Ince.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Ince Sacked
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 06:56:29 AM »
Stevie Wonder could ah see this coming.

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 07:42:06 AM »
Ince cannot say that he aint get ah chance.........they were real patient with him. 

Six striaght loses!!

From 7th last year to 19th after 15 games? This is a totally justifiable dismissal.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 08:14:09 AM »
Ince had some bad luck but he didn't help himself with some starnge decisions and he never looked comfortably. It was almost like he was constantly trying to show that he was in control instead of just being in control.

I guess nobody knew how broke Blackburn was because he got little money, but then the money he did have went to Andrews and Grella. Plus bringing in and playing Fowler makes you wonder about his assessment of players.

Hope he gets a chance to come back agin.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:39:01 AM »
the writing was on the wall ah while now!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 08:51:49 AM »
Ince Downhearted With Rovers' Performance
Blackburn Rovers manager Paul Ince was none too pleased with his side's display in the 3-0 defeat away at Wigan this afternoon...
Blackburn Rovers slumped to their sixth successive Premier League defeat this afternoon when they lost 3-0 away to Wigan, extending their winless run to eleven games.

Rovers fans turned up in their thousands for the game with nearby Wigan, and afterwards some of them verbally vented their frustration, something Ince was very understanding of.

"I'm really disappointed, we are all hurting in there," Ince told Blackburn's official website.

"After last week against Liverpool the signs were that we were going to start to turn it around.

"We believed it, the fans, who have turned up in large numbers today, believed it, and we have let them down big time and the players have been told that.

"We let our fans down. Obviously they are going to voice their frustration as anyone would, and rightly so because we let them down today. They are going to voice their opinion.

"I understand that they are frustrated, as a manager you can prepare the team, give them all the information they need, but they are the ones that cross that white line.

"I shoulder the blame, but everyone has to shoulder the blame. The fans were fantastic today, they came to cheer us and we let them down.

"But we have to keep believing, that is the most important thing, we have to keep believing and they need to stick with us."

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:04:53 AM »
How does a coach jump from a league one side to the Premiership anyway? ??? Is it based on name alone? Atleast Roy Keane proved his worth by promoting Sunderland from the Championship Division.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14:53 AM »
How does a coach jump from a league one side to the Premiership anyway? ??? Is it based on name alone? Atleast Roy Keane proved his worth by promoting Sunderland from the Championship Division.

Which premiership team Tony Adams coach before and/or which team did he promote to the premiership?

Nothing was wrong with hiring Ince because every manager works somewhere else before they get a premierleague club. Some even get jobs without any managerial experience. Ince getting it after a couple years in the lower leagues is not that strange.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »
The next coach to get the axe is Mark Hughes...
I think he is a good coach, but for some reason not getting the performance he needs from the players... The kind of money them spend they should not be languishing at the bottom of the table.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »
Fully on board JDB, as to both comments.

Hard luck fuh Ince.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:07:32 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:41 AM »
sad really...

if only he was given the time to allow his brand to develop

we'll see too if they ever let another black manager have a shot at that league...

it's been too long between Tigana and Ince imo
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »

Which premiership team Tony Adams coach before and/or which team did he promote to the premiership?

Nothing was wrong with hiring Ince because every manager works somewhere else before they get a premierleague club. Some even get jobs without any managerial experience. Ince getting it after a couple years in the lower leagues is not that strange.

I understand the point that you are making Juma, but Tony Adams was a bad example.  Adams has been in the Portsmouth set up under Harry Redknap as his right hand man for quite a few years!! 

Red man,

Keane proved his worth, but if you want to, you should wonder on what basis Keane got the job at Sunderland in the first place.  They are the 6th biggest club in all of England (stadium size).

Take a look at Ince's managerial record.  His appointment was very justified at the time, but so is his dismissal.

ah love it!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »

Add to that... how many games did Gareth Southgate manage (at all) before being given the reigns to Boro two and a half years ago...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »

I understand the point that you are making Juma, but Tony Adams was a bad example.  Adams has been in the Portsmouth set up under Harry Redknap as his right hand man for quite a few years!! 

Red man,

Keane proved his worth, but if you want to, you should wonder on what basis Keane got the job at Sunderland in the first place.  They are the 6th biggest club in all of England (stadium size).

Take a look at Ince's managerial record.  His appointment was very justified at the time, but so is his dismissal.

ah love it!!

Simple because nobody wanted it, the club had just set a new record low points, didn't have a squad, debts and new owners, nobody would touch it with a bargepole thats why Quinn ending up doing it on a temp basis.  

Southgate was an assistant and Boro where running out of money for players.

Adams the same at Portsmouth, a new manager usually likes money and get his own team, Portsmouth haven't got the money, Adams knows works with the players and would be cheaper and less hassle than a new man. 

It can be argued that there are more capable experienced managers around especially in the CCC but I suppose the owners might think better the devil you know under the circumstances.

Its being reported Blackburn expect the new manager to be in place by Saturday probably Souness,  Allardyce or Curbishley I would of thought
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:16:34 AM by kev »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 11:20:53 AM »

Add to that... how many games did Gareth Southgate manage (at all) before being given the reigns to Boro two and a half years ago...

Add more to that......if I remember correctly, Gareth Southgate didn't even have the necessary license/credentials to coach an epl team even well into his appointment.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 11:34:34 AM »

Add more to that......if I remember correctly, Gareth Southgate didn't even have the necessary license/credentials to coach an epl team even well into his appointment.

Tell dem mango tell dem...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

Neither did Avram Grant iirc, but that happens quite often and the club is always given time for the new manager to get his badges.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »

Neither did Avram Grant iirc, but that happens quite often and the club is always given time for the new manager to get his badges.

:rotfl: Yeah, Kev, I think you're right even though iIrc there may be some slightly different circumstances
regarding them (nor will you get me to defend avramovich either) but If i own a club.....I ain't hiring no damned coach unless he have his credentials FIRST, whether is common practice or not.  I feelin' bad for Ince.  I don't doubt his coaching ability, but maybe he and this Blackburn side wasn't the right mix.  Wasn't the one for him.      :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
Mango,

I didnt really mind Ince but he was one of those guys not many fans liked because of the way he went on.  Before he got the Blackburn job he inferred that part of the reason he wasn't being given a chance in the Prem was because he was black, or that is how I and a lot of other people picked it up.

To be fair to him Bentley and the goalkeeper were sold, he has had injuries and no money to spend, so I don't think he was really given a fair crack at it.  Having said that he has been whinging and having a pop at the press for weeks / since the season started over one thing or another.  The last few weeks basically begging he should be given more time, he hasn't really handled the press at all well.  Thats fine as long as you are getting the results a disaster if you are not. Given his character and how he has conducted himself a lot of people are probably happy to see him fail.   

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »
lawd. fergie proteges eh doing to good.

keano - out
ince  - out
hughes - underachieving for the sheikh
bruce - best of the lot with wigan. good eye out in signing zaki (who i feel big 4 bound).

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »
Hard luck Ince betta luck in d future.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
Win or die!!! Hard luck Ince!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
Mango,

I didnt really mind Ince but he was one of those guys not many fans liked because of the way he went on.  Before he got the Blackburn job he inferred that part of the reason he wasn't being given a chance in the Prem was because he was black, or that is how I and a lot of other people picked it up.

To be fair to him Bentley and the goalkeeper were sold, he has had injuries and no money to spend, so I don't think he was really given a fair crack at it.  Having said that he has been whinging and having a pop at the press for weeks / since the season started over one thing or another.  The last few weeks basically begging he should be given more time, he hasn't really handled the press at all well.  Thats fine as long as you are getting the results a disaster if you are not. Given his character and how he has conducted himself a lot of people are probably happy to see him fail.   

Are you sure you're talking about Ince and not Keane?  8)

Anyways, I remember having that debate with you over Ince's comments.  The UK hasn't had to go thru a civil rights type episode as we have here in the states so white people are less likely to be aware of how everyday, seemingly run-of-the-mill decisions impact the lives of black people.  It's very easy to be dismissive of things that you don't understand... and often it's difficult to truly understand the pain in a man's feet until you've walked in his shoes.

From what I recall Ince was talking about the very real fact that football is an old boys network and when you don't 'fit the profile' it's difficult to get a foot in the door or make any kind of headway.  This is fact... not 'whinging'.  Maybe it was unwise to speak about it publicly... but unless you speak about it how else do you implant it onto the public psyche?

I fear that the truth is that the English would like to pretend to themselves that none of these inequalities exists and that as long as you're willing to 'work hard' everything will fall into place.  Quit 'whinging' and just put your shoulder to the wheel, right?

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 06:28:22 PM »
Shit at least the man paid his dues unlike- Zola and Southgate.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
Ince made bad purchases like Keane...no matter what his budget was.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »
Ince made bad purchases like Keane...no matter what his budget was.

yea..both ah dem eh "buy" much time.  :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
Truetrini,
               Ince purchase players that were available. All the "good" ones were gone already. He don't have the kind of money as compared to the top 4 EPL teams.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 03:02:42 AM »
Mango,

Are you sure you're talking about Ince and not Keane?  8)

Anyways, I remember having that debate with you over Ince's comments.  The UK hasn't had to go thru a civil rights type episode as we have here in the states so white people are less likely to be aware of how everyday, seemingly run-of-the-mill decisions impact the lives of black people.  It's very easy to be dismissive of things that you don't understand... and often it's difficult to truly understand the pain in a man's feet until you've walked in his shoes.

From what I recall Ince was talking about the very real fact that football is an old boys network and when you don't 'fit the profile' it's difficult to get a foot in the door or make any kind of headway.  This is fact... not 'whinging'.  Maybe it was unwise to speak about it publicly... but unless you speak about it how else do you implant it onto the public psyche?

I fear that the truth is that the English would like to pretend to themselves that none of these inequalities exists and that as long as you're willing to 'work hard' everything will fall into place.  Quit 'whinging' and just put your shoulder to the wheel, right?

BNS tbf you can say that of both depending on your perspective.  Keane was less critical of the press than Ince, but the press boys tend to have long memories and don't miss many opportunities to get their own back and more. 

We went through this last time but Ince was on about why HE wasn't getting a chance and I appreciate its a sensitive subject to thats how he came across, whether that was his intention is a different matter.  But there are still a great deal more mangers that have "served their time" in the lower leagues a lot longer than Ince and are still there and will never be given a chance.  I know it goes on and it shouldn't but tbf the majority of people couldn't care less if Ince was sky blue pink with yellow spots as long as he did the job and that is the truth of it.  The thing was the interviews weren't about any situation is was always about Ince, me, me ,me nothing more nothing less. 

At the end of the day he got his chance and it didn't work out for him, even though I don't think it was all his fault, so his whinging worked for him and against him in the media.  He got the attention he wanted. 

The one thing I am grateful for is that I won't have to watch his post match interviews anymore, where he looks anywhere but the camera its very annoying, sometimes it looks as if he is watching a tennis match behind the interviewer.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 05:04:43 AM »
Shit at least the man paid his dues unlike- Zola and Southgate.

Zola was the coach of the Italian 21 team before he came to West Ham, and he had his badges!

Dont compare the two!

1]; } ?>