April 28, 2024, 03:22:20 AM

Author Topic: Lawrie Sanchez what a good coach can do for a country !  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrie Sanchez what a good coach can do for a country !
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »
The only possible scenario ,where I would wish he was back ...hmmmmmm ,ok wait .I got it ,as we are rite now ,Pacho is ah imps ,we know this ,we won big games IMO because Latas and Dwight come back and did it there way . Now worst case scenario a new coach comes een all gung ho take charge, my way or the highway attitude ,mutes Latas and Dwight input and we lose in the Hex ...argggggg ,that is scary .
Cause as it is now ,I believe we could win  a spot to SA 2010 even with Pacho .

Palos, take yuh sampat from daryn and stop being ah arsehole for arsehole sake nah man. It getting old now.

The man is de worst ting in ah afro!

WHEN Pacho get fired....ah hope for allyuh sake you and plenty others like doh end up bawlin fuh he to come back.

Jes like how allyuh bawlin fuh Wim now after allyuh did cry out fuh he to be fired sayin he disrespeck we and didn't like local players and runnin from takin friendlies.

As far as I concern... all who was bawling Wim disrespect local players etc was arseholes who was blind to the truth at hand. Any modicum of intelligence coulda discern what Wim was accomplishing with de team inspite of the blacklist...

I ent know how you turn Captain Save-ah-PacHo but you really gone off de deep end when you using Beenie results to compare against Pacho's.... utter utter madness and foolishness really...

There we go.  Because I doh agree wit de mob style rantings of Fire Maturana.....I turn Maturana supporter and saviour.  Never mind I never say not to fire him or I doh agree he has done a poor job in certain circumstances.  I simply point out de inaccuracies of allyuh points and allyuh doh want to hear it because all allyuh want to hear is Fire Maturana.

If Maturana have a better record against de USA dan Beenie, yuh doh want to hear it and waste it down callin it madness and foolishness.

Carry on wit yuh mob mentality bro.  As sure as night follows day, Pacho will get fired.  And when he does get fired....ah hope it doh turn out to be a case of "Be Careful What You Ask For....."

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
Palos... daryn make some quite coherent points... I don't see what your problem is with what he said, where are de inaccuracies... and his counters to your arguments were also very solid.

I never waste down Pacho record against de US... you really off your rocker in truth if thais what you read. Is you I waste down in dat post.

Comparing Maturana record vs de US and Beenie's ent making no damn sense at all and is madness and foolishness indeed when you consider the circumstances and de number of games you comparing.
For you to think that it is relative to any discussion about Maturana's performance shows that you have taken this role of devil's advocate ah little too serious and revelling in your role of resident rebel just for de sake of.

Yes.. my opinion is fire Maturana... but I ent no follower and part of no mob as my postings over the years will show. They are all there to see. I form my own opinions!
I even start a post trying to quantify Pacho performance and list out my expectations and his results in an objective way. I even agree with you that maybe it ent 100% guaranteed that he should be fired based on the results... but neither is his position secure in any way.

But I don't jump up in every thread baiting ppl in dis kinda snarky way... watch it good.

Pacho did it but Beenie couldn't.  Imagine dat eh?

You really for real with that comparison. for real palos??

Yes give Pacho his due, but it when you take his entire performance into consideration from February to now. Blacklist or not... it has not been good enough.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:15:06 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »
I was a Wim fan: for all the talk, he was getting visible improvement from the local players and the only substantive thing people could say is that he cancel two friendlies in Sept 2006.  that's if we choose to believe that the friendlies was really scheduled in the first place.  He was clear about the fact that he was against the blacklist but at the end of the day he still work with the locally-based.  It might very well be true that the situation with him/Lincoln/Jack had become untenable.  In any case I was sad to see him go.

the thing about Pacho is that he know what to do.  Palos, I know yuh is a NBA fan, so I'll use an NBA analogy. Same way Don Nelson refuse to sign/draft a half-decent low post player that's the way Pacho does move.  Don Nelson rather people say that he is a genius for being able to coach a decent team without a good big man than to put together a team that might actually challenge for the title.

Imagine, Jason Scotland flying in and out and spending all his time on the bench behind any and everybody in the pro-league when Stern not even available.  we get into a must-win situation Scotty is not only a surprise recall to the squad but he starting.  Same story with benching Dennis Lawrence and others against the states in Chicago.

one day Ince supposedly out of the team for good, the next he starting when we in a must-win.   

How he know to turn to Stern when we need a goal against Bermuda?  dem kinda tings must catch up to yuh sooner or later e.g. lack of Gold Cup qualification.  On a side note: don't come with any talk about how Jamaica and Grenada would gladly trade places with us because the truth is nobody was making us choose between the Hex and the Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:20:31 PM by daryn »

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
Could someone tell me exactly how much and what are de big games that Beenie won that make him de best coach in de world in a lot of Trinis opinion? Thanks. Ah waiting
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
Could someone tell me exactly how much and what are de big games that Beenie won that make him de best coach in de world in a lot of Trinis opinion? Thanks. Ah waiting

Is this pertinent to the discussion? or you just want to know as a matter of curiousity?

Because I don't see where the bolded is alluded to in this particular thread.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 03:28:22 PM »
Ehy alyuh ent see d play yet.

Is months now Palos bored and looking for kicks and has gone into chain up talk mode.

Yuh forget 2 months ago the slew of posts where it was he vs the entire thread.

The man just having the jollies...let him have his fun.

alyuh really think he serious with seon power  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 04:05:09 PM »
Because we talking bout big coach and results. De main thing that Beenie do was organize de team, structure de roles for de players and demand accountability. Men talking bout Pacho results more than they concerned about how de team actually playing. Even when Yorke and dem playing we playing without a plan, lacking structure and accomplishing lil periods of good play because we have some talent. Ah just want man to understand that even though we made de world cup, Beenie didn't beat nobody that other people couldn't beat. He lost to US, Mexico,, Costa Rica, beat Panama, get couple jumbie goal to beat Guatemala, beat a Mexico team that had a very suspicious approach to the game before knocking out Bahrain who may have looked like de stronger team. Ah know is world cup so man go be happy, but if Pacho achieve these same results will men talk bout him like Beenie? My point is all dis blah, blah, blah bout results is never a reliable indication of de job a coach is doing. Watch how we playing and let we talk bout dat nah. Ah just wanted to hear wha man woulda say bout Beenie results and de real reason we does rate Beenie cause in truth he results weren't all dat different from some of dem other coaches.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:24:10 AM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »
not sure why I taking on this thread.

De main thing that Beenie do was organize de team, structure de roles for de players and demand accountability.

I believe the technical term you're looking for to describe this collection of activities is 'coaching'

Men talking bout Pacho results more than they concerned about how de team actually playing.

au contraire, I think people looking at the product on the field and realize that beating Cuba, Guyana and scraping past Bermuda doesn't necessarily portend that we'll earn points against Honduras, Costa Rica and the likes.

Ah just want man to understand that even though we made de worls cup, Beenie didn't beat nobody that other people couldn't beat.

and yet since 1989 we hadn't managed to perform consistently enough to be competitive in the final stage of Concacaf qualifying.  that's what I had like about Beenie, he didn't do anything magical he just had us playing on the level we supposed to be at.  We win all 3 Hex home games under him, we put up a fight on the road against the big guns (US and Mexico) and beat the team we was supposed to beat away (Panama)  i.e. we did what we were supposed to do.

oh yeah, I forget the part where we fly halfway across the world and beat Bahrain in Bahrain.

if Pacho achieve these same results will men talk bout him like Beenie?

I hope so.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:33:48 PM by daryn »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 04:07:39 AM »
I also believe the players respect and belief that they are dealing with a professional coach is vital. In all interviews I have read and also from speaking to players there was always this belief that Bennhaker knew what he was doing whereas the belief is that Mats is clueless.
These are players playing professionally in England and Scotland and they dont have confidence that he knows what the hell he is doing. You already in a bad position from the get go with that kind of feeling in the camp
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 09:50:23 AM »
I also believe the players respect and belief that they are dealing with a professional coach is vital. In all interviews I have read and also from speaking to players there was always this belief that Bennhaker knew what he was doing whereas the belief is that Mats is clueless.These are players playing professionally in England and Scotland and they dont have confidence that he knows what the hell he is doing. You already in a bad position from the get go with that kind of feeling in the camp
ammm...whey yuh read dem player interviews saying that....ah musbe miss dem

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 11:40:04 AM »
Thanks Daryn, mih point was to show how de arguments comparing coaches results in different eras and for different countries did not make sense. Even with yuh somewhat bitchy cheeky attitude you've proved that. Thanks again fella
Doh loss yuh head boss

1]; } ?>