April 27, 2024, 06:12:44 PM

Author Topic: Barnes targets Scotland as Jamaica's first opponent next year  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barnes targets Scotland as Jamaica's first opponent next year
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 07:02:32 AM »
Sorry, Jason Scotland couldnt make Jamaica team.

Sorry, Jamaica couldnt make the Hex (for a second time running)

Couldnt make the Hex? We could have topped any of the other 3 groups....you would probanly finish dead last in the group of death.

is that so ?

sure, why not?

Hahaha the only team of the two that couldn't make the HEX was Jamrock; we der y'all not, what kinda hypothetical bullcrap u talking. If shit was gold you and yuh next padnar wud be rich

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
Yup! On the way to South Africa to watch 32 teams excluding T&T. Then detouring to the US to watch Jamaica's Reggae Boyz in the Gold Cup. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It must really hurt that with all the star power and great strikers (Jason cah make allyuh team mind u)
The amount of talent Jamaica has that poor ole lowly ranked 77th in the world T&T still in the running to make the world cup eh?
It really must irk u with your typical sense of superiority to us "small islanders" that, you know we might be better. So go ahead take the ranking for now I rather still have a chance to qualify to the world cup any day. I doh need a set of Europeans in Zurich to tell me that we better than allyuh. U and the rest of your Euro centric comrades do. So if this makes you happy  :beermug: just know that we have 10 qualifiers to play next year y'all have a 3 and out at the Gold Cup. Don't let the door hit yuh in the azz on the way out.
Honestly! No, it doesn't irk me.
Here's the reason: I told many Trinis on this forum that when Clueless Creston Bungling Boxhill left the JFF and Jamaica's Reggae Boyz dangling at #105 in the FIFA rankings that there was nowhere else to fall but to climb back up. Many Trinis laughed and scorned Jamaica's Reggae Boyz saying that we were not good enough to play. This was true. An opportunity that T&T did not pounce on to humiliate us even further. Your mistake.

Furthermore, when CONCACAF bosses use outdated FIFA rankings (May 2008 instead of November 2008 like[/color] every other FIFA confederation used for the WCQ draw) for top Caribbean nations (T&T, Cuba and Haiti) advance to easy semi-final groups then you should not be surprise when they offer no real challenge to the top Central & North American nations. So T&T in the HEX I don't see them offering any real challenge to any nation in the HEX. T&T will just end up humiliating the Caribbean.

However, Jamaica's Reggae Boyz ends 2008 on a high. FIFA ranked #65 and DigiCup CARIBBEAN KINGS and 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup CONTENDERS. These facts are 100% certain true and accurate. ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: The same cannot be said of T&T being 2010 World Cup contenders.   

U have to be delusional or insane. If you're trying to talk yourself into believing the trip u just write der.... good luck.
We have already done the Caribbean proud simply by qualifying to the hex. I see no Cuba here, no Haiti and no Jamaica but instead of support all u have for us is hate. So sad.
Making the Caribbean proud by qualifying for the HEX which still resides the confines of CONCACAF. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now who's delusional when T&T couldn't even advance from the first round of the Digicel Caribbean Championship with lesser ranked teams Barbados and Grenada than those T&T faced in the WCQ semi-final round. Which meantT&T did not qualify for a "simple" CONCACAF tournament like the Gold Cup. Proud! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: More like the laughing stock of the Caribbean.

I yes the same man who was talking big about the reggaeboyz under 17 the same guy who talk about simones oor soul
Yes! The same man who said from November 2007 that there was nowhere else for Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to go but up in 2008. 8)

up in rankings what eva see you lookin for some comfort
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »
Yup! On the way to South Africa to watch 32 teams excluding T&T. Then detouring to the US to watch Jamaica's Reggae Boyz in the Gold Cup. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It must really hurt that with all the star power and great strikers (Jason cah make allyuh team mind u)
The amount of talent Jamaica has that poor ole lowly ranked 77th in the world T&T still in the running to make the world cup eh?
It really must irk u with your typical sense of superiority to us "small islanders" that, you know we might be better. So go ahead take the ranking for now I rather still have a chance to qualify to the world cup any day. I doh need a set of Europeans in Zurich to tell me that we better than allyuh. U and the rest of your Euro centric comrades do. So if this makes you happy  :beermug: just know that we have 10 qualifiers to play next year y'all have a 3 and out at the Gold Cup. Don't let the door hit yuh in the azz on the way out.
Here's the reason: I told many Trinis on this forum that when Clueless Creston Bungling Boxhill left the JFF and Jamaica's Reggae Boyz dangling at #105 in the FIFA rankings that there was nowhere else to fall but to climb back up. Many Trinis laughed and scorned Jamaica's Reggae Boyz saying that we were not good enough to play. This was true. An opportunity that T&T did not pounce on to humiliate us even further. Your mistake.

Furthermore, when CONCACAF bosses use outdated FIFA rankings (May 2008 instead of November 2008 like[/color] every other FIFA confederation used for the WCQ draw) for top Caribbean nations (T&T, Cuba and Haiti) advance to easy semi-final groups then you should not be surprise when they offer no real challenge to the top Central & North American nations. So T&T in the HEX I don't see them offering any real challenge to any nation in the HEX. T&T will just end up humiliating the Caribbean.

However, Jamaica's Reggae Boyz ends 2008 on a high. FIFA ranked #65 and DigiCup CARIBBEAN KINGS and 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup CONTENDERS. These facts are 100% certain true and accurate. ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: The same cannot be said of T&T being 2010 World Cup contenders.   

U have to be delusional or insane. If you're trying to talk yourself into believing the trip u just write der.... good luck.
We have already done the Caribbean proud simply by qualifying to the hex. I see no Cuba here, no Haiti and no Jamaica but instead of support all u have for us is hate. So sad.
Making the Caribbean proud by qualifying for the HEX which still resides the confines of CONCACAF. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now who's delusional when T&T couldn't even advance from the first round of the Digicel Caribbean Championship with lesser ranked teams Barbados and Grenada than those T&T faced in the WCQ semi-final round. Which meantT&T did not qualify for a "simple" CONCACAF tournament like the Gold Cup. Proud! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: More like the laughing stock of the Caribbean.

I yes the same man who was talking big about the reggaeboyz under 17 the same guy who talk about simones oor soul
Yes! The same man who said from November 2007 that there was nowhere else for Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to go but up in 2008. 8)

That's right! ;D Moving past the 70 in the FIFA ranking will now ensure that more of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz get overseas contracts from which means not begging retirees to strengthen Jamaica's Reggae Boyz squad like T&T with the likes of Yorke and Lapaty to save T&T. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »

That's right! ;D Moving past the 70 in the FIFA ranking will now ensure that more of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz get overseas contracts from which means not begging retirees to strengthen Jamaica's Reggae Boyz squad like T&T with the likes of Yorke and Lapaty to save T&T. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 

yorke and latapy would walk into your RBZ squad ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »
That's right! ;D Moving past the 70 in the FIFA ranking will now ensure that more of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz get overseas contracts ........ 

I never knew that a ranking determines how many players get overseas contracts.
I always thought it was up to individual skills and talent.
Mexico and US are ranked a helluva lot higher than 70 and Im sure their squads have more local-based players than the current J'ca side.

With that rationale, you must be a dentist by profession.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »

yorke and latapy would walk into your RBZ squad ...
So why haven't they done that with Jamaica's Reggae Boyz unbeaten World Cup qualifiers record against T&T. Remember Marshall's sizzler that flew over Shaka Hislop's head into the roof of the goal. ;D What about the same year in T&T when Jamaica's Reggae Boyz gave T&T a come from behind 4-2 cut-arse and Jack Warner wouldn't hand over the $25,000 prize because he said Jamaica did not use their top players at the time. ;D
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »
That's right! ;D Moving past the 70 in the FIFA ranking will now ensure that more of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz get overseas contracts ........ 

Mexico and US are ranked a helluva lot higher than 70 and Im sure their squads have more local-based players than the current J'ca side.

And it seems you are still in pre-school mode. Why don't you do research of the English FA rules before posting your gibberish.
jjbrown

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
As much as I am aware that rivalry is good even among family (Caribbean brethren)...I think some guys here have been taking this thing a bit too far. Our Trini-Jamican rivalry should not be an unhealthy one such as it is becoming, we all have too much in common.

As a Trini, I am not happy with our performance in the Digicel Cup but I commend Jamaica for winning it and I am glad that they are turning things around (after all, last time around it was St Vincent who knocked them out of contention). So let me whole heartedly say, Congratulations to the Reggae Boys on a great victory.

On the other hand I am proud that T&T are still alive and fighting for a spot in South Africa 2010 and I am certain that many Jamaican and other Caribbean fans will support us in the journey even if some Jamaicans on this forum don't....(truly a pity)

To my knowledge, a little verbal jabbing is all an well but sometimes the tone of these jabs seem to be deeper and leaves one to wonder if their might even conceal some hatred. It is a shame if this is so because I happen to know that many of the actual players on both teams are friends when they are not battling on the field and they would never take their on the field rivalry to such low, callous, and bitter levels...

Just a thought...from a Trini fan, a West Indian, and supporter of anyone and anything possitive for the West Indies.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:37:54 AM by Saltanfresh »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »

And it seems you are still in pre-school mode. Why don't you do research of the English FA rules before posting your gibberish.

dumb dumb its an average ranking of 70 over the last 3 years

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »

Irregardless of ranking, it doesn't automatically mean that foreign clubs will come down to swoop up your players.

You said,
.... Moving past the 70 in the FIFA ranking will now ensure that more of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz get overseas contracts .... 

The US and Mexico have a higher ranking and better skilled players - yet that does not translate automatically into foreign/ English clubs sweeping up their players due to their country's ranking.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »

Irregardless of ranking, it doesn't automatically mean that foreign clubs will come down to swoop up your players.

You said,
.... Moving past the 70 in the FIFA ranking will now ensure that more of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz get overseas contracts .... 

The US and Mexico have a higher ranking and better skilled players - yet that does not translate automatically into foreign/ English clubs sweeping up their players due to their country's ranking.

acb, Jamaica currently has 2 players who were denied work permit due to Jamaica's low ranking. They are Rudy Austin who was all but signed with stoke City, as well as Goal Keeper Donovan Ricketts whose move to Crystal Palace was put on hold for the same reason. Austin went on to sign with a Norwegian side, but word is that Stoke will be making another move for him when the Transfer window re-opens in January. The only thing that chnaged between the last attempt and now is that Jamaica has moved a total of 55 places up the ranking charts in the past 4 months. The requirement is for an average 70 ranking in the past 2 years...but Jamaica has sent a number of players to the UK in the past 2 years, even though our average ranking is above 70. Demar Philips, also on the books at Stoke city, got in without even satsifying the 75% appearance requirement for his country in past 2 years.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:33:28 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

You said,

[/quote
And your argument has already been proven moot and pointless. Already there are more than 2 dozen of Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz contracted with overseas clubs and doing well and 19 year old Reggae Boy Eric Vernan MVP of the DigiCup has coaches eyes on him already. So what makes you think contracts for Jamaica's local Reggae Boyz will stop when even Jamaica's international Reggae Boyz are telling coaches about local Reggae Boyz e.g. Stoke's Ricardo Fuller recommending Demar Phillips.

Now Jamaica is not T&T. Jamaica is not USA. Jamaica is not Mexico and there are a lot of nations that have better skilled players than Jamaica, USA, Mexico and even moreso than T&T. Now why do you think coaches from clubs around the world ignore the countries you chose to mention and they do the same with Jamaica and T&T etc. Now why is that? ??? 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:35:42 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2008, 07:57:29 PM »
iz real brits dey getting soon...Barnes done say how shitty dem local players is....

SEND MORE BRITZ
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dspfootballer

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »
What do you expect from "Jamcentric"?  Footballers usually have more respect, I suspect these guys want to chat.

Trinidad and Tobago have won that competition EIGNT TIMES, while Jamaica have won it 4-times.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2008, 10:22:54 PM »
As much as I am aware that rivalry is good even among family (Caribbean brethren)...I think some guys here have been taking this thing a bit too far. Our Trini-Jamican rivalry should not be an unhealthy one such as it is becoming, we all have too much in common.

As a Trini, I am not happy with our performance in the Digicel Cup but I commend Jamaica for winning it and I am glad that they are turning things around (after all, last time around it was St Vincent who knocked them out of contention). So let me whole heartedly say, Congratulations to the Reggae Boys on a great victory.

On the other hand I am proud that T&T are still alive and fighting for a spot in South Africa 2010 and I am certain that many Jamaican and other Caribbean fans will support us in the journey even if some Jamaicans on this forum don't....(truly a pity)

To my knowledge, a little verbal jabbing is all an well but sometimes the tone of these jabs seem to be deeper and leaves one to wonder if their might even conceal some hatred. It is a shame if this is so because I happen to know that many of the actual players on both teams are friends when they are not battling on the field and they would never take their on the field rivalry to such low, callous, and bitter levels...

Just a thought...from a Trini fan, a West Indian, and supporter of anyone and anything possitive for the West Indies.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »
All yuh see thing Jamrock start trainig for 2014 already.... six years prep...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »
iz real brits dey getting soon...Barnes done say how shitty dem local players is....

SEND MORE BRITZ
And yet your Soca WARRIORS couldn't beat a no British local-born Jamaican Reggae Boyz squad whom were playing at half pace when your team needed to win to advance. And to top it off a local Grenada football team gave you a cut-arse and KNOCKED YOU OUT of the Championship proving that your local players are the really worst ones. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »
What do you expect from "Jamcentric"?  Footballers usually have more respect, I suspect these guys want to chat.

Trinidad and Tobago have won that competition EIGNT TIMES, while Jamaica have won it 4-times.

And when that -4 starts catching up don't start biting your nails. ;D
jjbrown

1]; } ?>