March 28, 2024, 10:52:13 AM

Author Topic: Theobald off to Latapy’s club for a trial.  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Theobald off to Latapy’s club for a trial.
« on: September 18, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »
W Connection survives Petrotrin drilling.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Gefferson Goulart and Earl Jean scored within three minutes of each other for VIBE CT 105 W Connection to survive a serious drilling from United Petrotrin and share the points,in a 2-2 draw in a Round 17 match of the T&T Professional Football League Senior Division yesterday.
With the First Citizens Bank Cup final against CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh scheduled for Friday, Petrotrin was expected to make a few changes to its regular starting line-up for the match at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.
However the ‘Oilmen’ kept the first line squad who made a lot of running and took a 1-0 lead into the half, on a 45th minute goal from Jamal Ayers.
Seven minutes into the second-half, former Jabloteh striker Jerol Forbes extended Petrotrin’s lead to 2-0. W Connection, who up to that point had created only a few chances, mounted a quick counter with strikes in the 61st and 64th minute. First, Brazilian Gefferson Goulart reduced the score with his 13th goal of the season and team captain Earl Jean drew his team level four minutes later.
Just before the final whistle by referee Julian Drayton, Petrotrin goalkeeper Perry Martin was involved in a serious collision with W Connection defender Atiba Charles, which delayed the end by five minutes. However, the score remained the same. W Connection took its point tally to 40 from 14 matches, 13 ahead of Jabloteh.

Draw at Hasely Crawford

Jabloteh needed a strike from Josh Johnson to earn a 1-1 draw with Defence Force at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. Kevon Carter put the “Tetron Boys” ahead in the 23rd minute against a Jabloteh team not playing to its usual level, before Josh Johnson tied the scores in the 37th minute.

Yesterday’s PFL Senior Division results:

DEFENCE FORCE 1 (Kevon Carter 23rd) vs SAN JUAN JABLOTEH 1 (Josh Johnson 37th).

UNITED PETROTRIN 2 (Jamal Ayers 45th, Jerol Forbes 52nd) vs W CONNECTION 2 (Gefferson Goulart 61st, Earl Jean 64th).

TOBAGO UNITED 2 (Noel Williams 45th, 65th) vs CALEDONIA AIA FIRE 2 (Titus Elva 15th, Nigel Pierre 85th).
News from the 25th of September 2005.
Leo Beenhakker: It’s the final countdown.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Senior Football Team head coach Leo Beenhakker has selected a squad of 21 players for the back to back all important 2006 World Cup qualifying matches against Panama and Mexico.
Beenhakker will leave home for Panama on October 3 with the locally-based players and will be met in Miami by the foreign contingent before taking a connecting flight to Panama later that evening.
There are no major changes from the squad which defeated Guatemala 3-2 and then traveled to Costa Rica for a 2-0 loss except for the return of Coventry City goalkeeper Clayton Ince as a third custodian along with first choice Kelvin Jack and Shaka Hislop in the squad for the two matches and Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones making a comeback after being injured out last time. Local player Anthony Wolfe of National Quarries North East Stars is also in the squad.
Sydney FC striker Dwight Yorke will remain captain with Falkirk midfielder Russell Latapy also in the line up and is expected to make his third straight appearance for the “Warriors” after coming out of retirement for the 3-2 win over the Guatemalans earlier this month.
Beenhakker has stated that without further analysis, T&T’s fate depends on what happens on October 8 (against Panama) and 12 (Mexico). Wins in the two matches will take T&T to 13 points while Guatemala (currently on 8 points) faces Mexico and Costa Rica in their closing matches.
“The main part is for  the players to play with the same attitude they have when they play at home for instance in the Guatemala and Panama games we won before. We have to go for the win from the most moment, from when we are on the plane to when we are back on the bus after the match in Panama,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media on Saturday.
“We know how it works and we must all realize that this is the final countdown and everyone has to do everything to make it happen,” he added.
“There has still been some differences with some players playing with less confidence, like away from home, and with less intensity at times but we have to throw this all overboard and more than ever play our own game in these next two matches.”
On the topic of team selection, Beenhakker said he was accustomed now to different opinions on the players chosen to represent the country but he was fixed on going with the eventual choices.
“Of course there is a matter of choice and I think everyone has to understand that while they all have their favourites, the actual choice of the players is based on the information we have on the current situation of the players. You find people asking about Cornell Glen and I told several persons already that if I take Cornell then they ask well why don’t I take Kenwyne (Jones). I have a made into a practical situation by taking three goalkeepers, six defenders, seven midfielders and five guys up front so therefore I think there is a lot of balance in the squad,” Beenhakker added.
Jones has returned from an ankle injury and is back in the Southampton team and made a 68th minute appearance in their 0-0 draw with Plymouth in the English Championship Division on Saturday.
“I am happy with Kenwyne and he is fit again. The main thing for us is to be successful in away matches too which has not been the case for our team. It’s clear that we must do whatever we need to get the win in Panama and at the same time Mexico must do their duty at home to Guatemala. In that case it’s becomes a situation where it’s still in our hands but then there’s also a weird side to it because then there is also a situation which I never like in football when you actually don’t have it all in your own hands. We saw it happen when USA played Guatemala and they didn’t have as much interest in it as they did in their earlier games.”
The former Dutch National team and Ajax Amsterdam boss, though not wanting to dwell on what occurred in the early part of the “Journey to Germany”, felt T&T must now make up for the early loss of points at home to USA and Costa Rica.
“Once again when you make your analysis up until now, it’s proven and I don’t want to blame anyone like the earlier coach or the other players who were in the team then, but basically you can see that you have to be successful in your home matches and you cannot allow the mistakes. We lost five points in the first two games at home to the USA (1-2) and Costa Rica (0-0) and you take those five points now and you would realize that already it would have put us in Germany. But we have to handle it as it is now and I know that. We have everyone on board now and we must just be fit and ready for the next two games. We all travel on the 3rd and we will also send one member of staff to see the Mexico/Guatemala game just to have the latest update before we play them. We already know Panama and it’s down to us now to prepare well and get the job completed,” Beenhakker ended.

The Squad for Panama and Mexico:

Goalkeepers:
Kelvin Jack (Dundee FC), Shaka Hislop (West Ham United), Clayton Ince (Coventry City).

Defenders:
David Atiba Charles (W Connection), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers FC), Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Avery John (New England Revolution).

Midfielders:
Russell Latapy (Falkirk), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Silvio Spann (Yokohama FC), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards:
Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone), Stern John (Derby County), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton FC).

Read Evans Wise SW Online Interview
News from the 19th of September 2005.
Theobald off to Latapy’s club for a trial.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National midfielder Densill Theobald arrived in Scotland on Sunday to begin a trial with Scottish Premier League club Falkirk which arose through the efforts of Scottish-based midfielder Russell Latapy.
Theobald, a member of Local Pro League side Caledonia AIA Fire, got the invitation from Latapy last week after the former national captain was impressed with what he saw of the 23-year-old player and was then able to have the club put arrangements in place for him to go on a one-week trial.
Latapy is currently attached as a player/coach with the Club’s First team which gained promotion into the Premier League after winning the First Division last season.
He indicated that his intentions to assist in the development of players and without delay, he felt the opportunity for Theobald to try out at Falkirk would be a good one at this time. Previously current Swedish-based midfielder Brent Rahim was also attached to Falkirk.
 “I’m actually really enjoying the coaching aspect of my job right now at Falkirk. It brings a certain satisfaction  when you could pass on  some of the knowledge you have acquired in the game to the younger players and they take it on board and try to make themselves better by using whatever they could pick up from you,” Latapy told TTFF Media.
“That is a high in itself, an experience I realize now that is really something like a personal satisfaction and is something that I can also get joy from in football outside of being just a player. When you can advice a young lad and he takes it up and scores a goal just by following something you may have shown him is quite a good feeling,” Latapy added.
As a result of that, Latapy said he still has ambitions of giving something back to his homeland.
“Football is what I have done all my life and I knew from early on in my career that I would get to this stage and I knew I wanted to stay in football. I wasn’t sure in what capacity I wanted to until I got the opportunity to go to Falkirk three years ago and I started to do the coaching. Now I know because of the satisfaction that I get out of it, what I want to do is management and coaching and definitely if that opportunity comes knocking from Trinidad and Tobago then I definitely will be looking to get involved. At the moment though the focus is on trying to help get the country qualified for the next World Cup and I am contributing to that from a playing aspect which is something that I have enjoyed too since I made my return for the last two games,” said the former FC Porto man.
Theobald received the blessings of head coach Leo Beenhakker before departing for the trial on a British Airways flight out of Tobago and will return to camp once required for the next 2006 World Cup qualifier against Panama on October 8. Beenhakker will finalize his team over the next few days and intends to start a live-in camp the five days before the encounter with the team scheduled to leave Port of Spain for Panama City on October 3.
In related news, Stern John made his debut for Derby County on Sunday, playing up until the 76 th  minute in a 2-2 draw with Southampton. T&T striker Kenwyne Jones also came on in the 81st minute for Southampton after coming off an ankle problem.
Beenhakker taking no chances against Panama.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

The significance of Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup qualifier against Panama on October 8 can be seen by the urgency with which national coach Leo Beenhakker is treating it.
The Dutchman has requested that the T&T Warriors arrive in Panama a full five days before the important qualifier, which they must win.
Beenhakker, who is in Barbados, has also requested that in case of injury, his squad should include three goalkeepers. England-based Clayton Ince has since been informed that he may very well be in the touring party.
Most of Beenhakker's players, including the British-based professionals, are due in Panama on October 3. The coach will carry 20 players to Panama for the clash at the Rommel Fernandez Stadium in Panama City.
The Warriors will be in Panama for a week, returning home just two days prior to the final CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Mexico on October 12 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.
The national team will prepare for both games in Central America, before rounding off preparation for the Mexico match in Trinidad.
Apparently, coach Beenhakker, who is expected to name his team next week, is trying to avoid some of the problems of the Costa Rica trip, where the team had to travel an entire day, train the next day and then play against the Costa Ricans, who beat T&T 2-0.
It proved to be all too rushed, coming after playing against Guatemala at home five days earlier.
Manager Bruce Aanensen said because they do not have a game before, like when T&T played Costa Rica, they can leave early and put in more thorough preparation.
"The coach said that rather than do part preparation here (Trinidad) and part over there, we will do all the preparation in Panama. We will probably also carry over 20 players, so that if there is an injury we don't want to have to send for a player to fly all the way to Panama."
Trinidad and Tobago fans will not see their Warriors prior to the final CONCACAF qualifier in Port of Spain on October 12.
Most, including the British-based professionals, will assemble in Miami, USA on Monday October 3. The foreign pros will play English and Scottish football on the previous Saturday, with the exception of midfielder Russell Latapy and Australian-based captain Dwight Yorke, who have games on Sunday October 2.
"Only Yorke and Latapy are playing on the Sunday. Latapy can still leave the next day and meet us because we have a long lay over in Miami. But because of where Dwight is coming from, he will probably only get to Miami in the night and will probably leave for Panama on the Tuesday (October 4).
Yesterday, T&T assistant manager George Joseph said he had a request from Beenhakker to make early arrangements for the trip.
Joseph was also currently liaising with Panama officials to book suitable hotel arrangements as they are having some difficulty making bookings in Panama.
The hotel they had initially secured has informed them it is fully booked. They were referred to three other hotels, but those are also booked because of a big convention taking place in Panama City.
However, manager Aanensen is confident that everything will work out next week. Trinidad and Tobago and Guatemala are battling for CONCACAF's fourth and final qualifying spot to the 2006 World Cup in Germany, behind the USA, Mexico and Costa Rica.
With Guatemala unlikely to get any points from their next game against Mexico, a victory over Panama will give T&T a distinct advantage going into their final qualifying match against Mexico. The fourth CONCACAF qualifier will meet the winner of an Asian Zone playoff between Uzbekistan and Bahrain for a place in next year's World Cup.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 06:30:23 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald off to Latapy’s club for a trial.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 05:21:35 PM »
What ever happen tuh de trial he was supposed to have wit Queen's Park Rangers?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 05:57:30 PM »
he got injured remember
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »
BIG UP TO THEOBALD FROM NELSON STREET TO SCOTLAND
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 07:26:44 PM »
Glad for Theobald, de youth who broke out under Jemmott is doing good for himself, I wish him all the best.

But isn't the transfer window close until January ? if thats the case why waste your time, we dont want another Aaron Downing outing.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 07:57:17 PM »
Glad for Theobald, de youth who broke out under Jemmott is doing good for himself, I wish him all the best.

But isn't the transfer window close until January ? if thats the case why waste your time, we dont want another Aaron Downing outing.

Dey might take him on loan like wat derby doing wit stern.  Nice to know that latas organise for him!!

ah love it
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 07:58:15 PM »
Hope he doh end up like Rahim.

Good luck Densil!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 08:21:30 PM »
Theo, congrats star. Ah hope yuh make it. Ah really happy for yuh. We team missing yuh here in canada star. All d best eh king. We go link up soon. Bless!!

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 09:50:28 PM »
Latapy come back to the team, Latapy score a goal, Latapy now hooking man up with tryouts with Falkirk...who says dreams dont come through.
That means any minute now my phone go ring and it will be Halle Berry on the other end...

I hope it works out for Theobald.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 09:52:20 PM »
U could make free transfers outside the transfer window...so maybe he might be going on a free since they have no respect for we pro league. Give them something in return...a late payment or something so.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 06:02:41 AM »
Latapy come back to the team, Latapy score a goal, Latapy now hooking man up with tryouts with Falkirk...who says dreams dont come through.
That means any minute now my phone go ring and it will be Halle Berry on the other end...

I hope it works out for Theobald.

What de arse is dis?? lol i waiting on my phone for dat too!!

I am sure he will make it. He is de best midfielder in the country (along wit whitley) but he ah little more level headed.

He will definitely make falkirk's team.  Hope he goes on to better things after dat!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 12:34:29 PM »
I guess Wise is the best option on the left wing, certainly better than Wolfe (Glenton).... send back Collin Samuel up front....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 12:48:46 PM »
I real like dat Evans Wise interview.  Big up to whoever arrange de interview!

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 01:07:52 PM »
I could be wrong but the window only refers to transfers within UEFA and to play in the UEFA Cup competitions. External transfers are ok and loans.

About wise -  u mad or what.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 02:16:39 PM »
    What is Evans Wise's AGE?? Well for sure we are still without a good left midfield and definitely a lefy winger (Latas playing there because he is the boss almost anywhere on the field) but I am sure Latas will prefer to be a lil more centre and if Wise could still make the team, he could have been left. But again I think he is about 33? I could be wrong?

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wise's age
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 02:53:02 PM »
What is Evans Wise's AGE?? ...But again I think he is about 33? I could be wrong?

Close. He'll be 32 in November.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 03:44:12 PM »
Bigup to Junior Evans Wise from Belle View.

Back in the days Trinicity Versus Belle View was rival only by Inter Versus Milan in terms of Hype.

Evans used to buss real goal in we ass back in them days

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 04:58:52 PM »
good luck bleeder
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 06:33:20 PM »
I'm guessing Densill won't like our weather much - currently 54°

so what's he like ? where in midfield does he like to play ?

Falkirk's midfield is pretty strong just now , he'd have to go some to break into the starting line-up at the moment , we could do with some center-backs though - who's the next Dog ?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Wise's age
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 07:29:39 PM »
What is Evans Wise's AGE?? ...But again I think he is about 33? I could be wrong?

Close. He'll be 32 in November.

didnt wise, stern, nixon and dwarika play in de same U23 team some time in 96?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 07:57:45 PM »

Falkirk's midfield is pretty strong just now , he'd have to go some to break into the starting line-up at the moment , we could do with some center-backs though - who's the next Dog ?

The next "Dog" is David Atiba Charles.

Densil has the ability.  Whether he has the mental make up to "weather" the weather, alien conditions, homesickness, training, etc...in other words, all the sacrifices one has to make to be a PROFESSIONAL will remain to be seen.

What is for sure, he has already overcome many obstacles to get where he currently is and has shown he has the strength of character to go after what he wants.

I wish him all the best.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 02:00:40 AM »

The next Dog from T&T is a fella named Cyd Gray.  He even plays like a Dog and has supernatural aerial ability...this man is so good that he gets down on all fours to clear balls that are rolling along 1 inch above the turf with his head.

some good info on Theobald here

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 06:12:00 AM »

The next Dog from T&T is a fella named Cyd Gray.  He even plays like a Dog and has supernatural aerial ability...this man is so good that he gets down on all fours to clear balls that are rolling along 1 inch above the turf with his head.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 10:47:26 AM »
Yeah Arrow that is really funny hahaha. Yes Cyd Gray really made his doggie mark against Panama in the Gold Cup eh!!  ;D

J
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
The next "Dog" is David Atiba Charles.

according to Google - Falkirk were interested in David back in June , get it sorted Latas  ;)

... are you guys having a laugh about Cyd  :-\

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 07:16:31 AM »
good luck to theobold that is the man who been curling in freekincks for malick long before i knew could talk free kicks dread we should make on skill and technique but he have to play physical for sure but good luck to the man

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 10:43:04 AM »
Ah backing Jason Scotland, Anthony Wolfe and Kenwyne Jones to score between them two games. Stern John might handle them to because he tusty to score...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2005, 03:36:27 PM »
any word on the trial???

it still goin on is dis d michael jackson trial??/
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 05:08:27 PM »
Anton Pierre to replace Ian Cox for the games vs Panama and Mexico... Ian Cox told the TTFF Media that he would prefer not risk further damage or negative effect on Beenhakker’s team for the two vital matches...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 08:47:45 PM »
good move.
Pierre is a solid player.
Only Air Dog does get serious injury and still play yes.

1]; } ?>