April 27, 2024, 07:28:36 AM

Author Topic: Warner: I’m going all the way with Warriors  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner: I’m going all the way with Warriors
« on: December 19, 2008, 07:09:53 AM »
By Francis Joseph (T&T Guardian)

Jack Warner, Special Adviser to the TTFF, said yesterday that he was going all the way with the Soca Warriors in their quest to reach the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals in South Africa.

He has already spent $24 million of his money on the team and although the government gave the TTFF $2.1 million on Wednesday to pay the technical staff for the months of October to December, a lot more money will be needed as the Warriors prepare for the final round of qualifying beginning with an away game to El Salvador on February 11, 2009.

Warner, president of Concacaf, said he did not expect to be refunded what he had spent, but he felt the government could make a bigger contribution to the Warriors as they prepare for the 2009 campaign.

On Wednesday, Minister of Sports, Gary Hunt, handed over the cheque to Oliver Camps, president of the TTFF, saying it would cover salaries for the 13-man technical team for the period October to December 2008. It comes from an overall grant of more than $8 million which the government pledged towards the team, but only after the TTFF produces its annual audited accounts.

Speaking from Japan yesterday, Warner said: “I paid all the salaries, rents, travel, etc from since November 2007 to the present time which amounted to a little more than $24 million in total.

“The TTFF was able to absorb some of this from gate receipts amounting to about $10 million. The Ministry did not pay a cent, despite the 2006 promise of the Prime Minister to do so, until yesterday when they paid the salaries for two months only—November and December, 2008—and, even then paid it late, so that I was forced to pay the salaries for November 2008 as well.”

Warner said: “Mr Hunt says that he is not paying any money since he’s awaiting the submission of the TTFF’s 2007 accounts which the TTFF has consistently advised him will be late due to the pressure of work of KPMG.

“It’s now ready as of yesterday. It is informative to note that the Prime Minister’s promise never depended on any such caveat.”

The FIFA vice-president said while the TTFF had not produced any audited accounts, the Minister of Sports dispensed taxpayers’ money to his friends and his friends’ organisations without any audit of any kind.

The Chaguanas West MP claimed that the Minister gave FPATT some $99,990.00 without any audit. FPATT, he said, is the body that was fighting the TTFF in the courts right now and purports to represent football players in a union which the T&TFF does not recognise.

He said the executive director of SPORTT, Darren Millien, is an executive member of FPATT and, moreover, even played a football match with them last year.

He claimed that that money was given to FPATT to assist them in paying their legal fees to fight the TTFF, which is before London arbitrators.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: I’m going all the way with Warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:17:20 AM »

He has already spent $24 million  of his money on the team and although the government gave the TTFF $2.1 million on Wednesday to pay the technical staff for the months of October to December, a lot more money will be needed as the Warriors prepare for the final round of qualifying beginning with an away game to El Salvador on February 11, 2009.

:thinking: :thinking:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »

Jack Warner, Special Adviser to the TTFF, said yesterday that he was going all the way with the Soca Warriors in their quest to reach the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals in South Africa.

Warner said: “Mr Hunt says that he is not paying any money since he’s awaiting the submission of the TTFF’s 2007 accounts which the TTFF has consistently advised him will be late due to the pressure of work of KPMG.

“It’s now ready as of yesterday. It is informative to note that the Prime Minister’s promise never depended on any such caveat.”

The FIFA vice-president said while the TTFF had not produced any audited accounts, the Minister of Sports dispensed taxpayers’ money to his friends and his friends’ organisations without any audit of any kind.

OH YEAH? What a liar!  Then go all the way and use your own we money that you been boboling for 30-odd years.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
Since when FPATT fighting against the TTFF?

I thought it was the other way around?

Since when FPATT fighting any court battles?

I thought it was 16 Soca Warriors...

Jack ent easy at all.. continuing to willfully deceive the masses
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 09:59:20 AM »

He has already spent $24 million  of his money on the team and although the government gave the TTFF $2.1 million on Wednesday to pay the technical staff for the months of October to December, a lot more money will be needed as the Warriors prepare for the final round of qualifying beginning with an away game to El Salvador on February 11, 2009.

:thinking: :thinking:

well he was not going to spend $24 million if their was no profit in it for him.... this man i tell you!  ::) ::)
All American

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »
TTFF should really be running the country eh... them fellas does run ah whole National football program with ah 0.00 balance account steady.....wow, dey doh pay for nuthen....Poor Jack always have to go an pick money from he own private money tree, hope one day he doh fall orf the tree...he should get Ollie to climb the damn ting for he sometimes...wait Oli doh climb, besides he age, he too busy making ppl feel good by attending - read taking drinks - with dem...Look climb yes Jack, climb, to the tippy top, climb

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »

OH YEAH? What a liar!  Then go all the way and use your own we money that you been boboling for 30-odd years.

what about 2006 accounts
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »
FPATT or whatever,is a union against the smooth running of TTfootball,people want power without working for it.Warner say he paying from his own pocket since 2007,allyuh doubt dat nah?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
FPATT or whatever,is a union against the smooth running of TTfootball,people want power without working for it.Warner say he paying from his own pocket since 2007,allyuh doubt dat nah?

It's not so much doubt of him putting money in, but doubt around the non-disclosure of what he's taking back out.
$10B from gates, but who is taking in the $ from media rights, etc.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
D masses luv d dark as Brown bout she cousin. I doh bother wit dotish peeps JW is we saviour and d congregation say amen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
By that statement, are we to assume that in your opinion T&T football has been and is currently running smoothly?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 12:34:24 PM »
Smooth as a newborn baby skin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »
By that statement, are we to assume that in your opinion T&T football has been and is currently running smoothly?

Tallman, not only that, but since when any union for that matter is against anything running smoothly?  I didn't know that was the union's objective.  That is my opinion is a very foolish statement.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »
Allyuh eh know frico is Jack alias?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
We all know that it's called a "good investment" when it comes to Jack coming out his pocket like that.  ::)   
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 02:10:22 PM »

He claimed that that money was given to FPATT to assist them in paying their legal fees to fight the TTFF, which is before London arbitrators.

did  they not rule in the players favour

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »

did  they not rule in the players favour

They ruled in the players favour, but they haven't ruled on the amount yet. That will be a separate ruling.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »
I think I made up my mind.....my daughter will play for the US if she is picked. If not, she will play club ball and college.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 04:39:02 PM »
U take real long u now like yuh chile. U was considerin 2 let she play 4 we in dis madness dat is d TTFF.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
U take real long u now like yuh chile. U was considerin 2 let she play 4 we in dis madness dat is d TTFF.

I was going to bring her down to get a look with the U-15. From what I saw with that team she can surely get a look, but I think it would not be worth it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 04:51:12 PM »
Bring her down but if u like d chile pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee don't hook her up wit d TTFF.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »

He has already spent $24 million of his money on the team and although the government gave the TTFF $2.1 million on Wednesday to pay the technical staff for the months of October to December, a lot more money will be needed as the Warriors prepare for the final round of qualifying beginning with an away game to El Salvador on February 11, 2009.

Warner, president of Concacaf, said he did not expect to be refunded what he had spent, but he felt the government could make a bigger contribution to the Warriors as they prepare for the 2009 campaign.

On Wednesday, Minister of Sports, Gary Hunt, handed over the cheque to Oliver Camps, president of the TTFF, saying it would cover salaries for the 13-man technical team for the period October to December 2008. It comes from an overall grant of more than $8 million which the government pledged towards the team, but only after the TTFF produces its annual audited accounts.

Speaking from Japan yesterday, Warner said: “I paid all the salaries, rents, travel, etc from since November 2007 to the present time which amounted to a little more than $24 million in total.

“The TTFF was able to absorb some of this from gate receipts amounting to about $10 million. The Ministry did not pay a cent, despite the 2006 promise of the Prime Minister to do so, until yesterday when they paid the salaries for two months only—November and December, 2008—and, even then paid it late, so that I was forced to pay the salaries for November 2008 as well.”

The Chaguanas West MP claimed that the Minister gave FPATT some $99,990.00 without any audit. FPATT, he said, is the body that was fighting the TTFF in the courts right now and purports to represent football players in a union which the T&TFF does not recognise.

He said the executive director of SPORTT, Darren Millien, is an executive member of FPATT and, moreover, even played a football match with them last year.

Dis kyakaholeness ha' to stop people! How much more of dis ....... dis ......... jackassness man mus' stomach listenin' to.
I say credit tuh Hunt for, as was put, allegedly sending funds to FPATT and demanding account books of TTFF. Lovely  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

He eh now start dis nonsense:   http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=24764.msg271021#msg271021
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »
So I guess dey tryin 2 bring down d WICB because WIPA does get money do. The press in TNT so pathethic.

1]; } ?>