April 28, 2024, 12:30:49 AM

Author Topic: Chris Birchall's Coventry City career finished  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall's Coventry City career finished
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:31:07 AM »
By Andy Turner (Coventry Telegraph)

CHRIS BIRCHALL will not play for Coventry City again, Chris Coleman has confirmed.

The Trinidad & Tobago midfielder, who used to play for Port Vale, has signed a season-long loan deal with League One Carlisle United.

The switch has seen Birchall make one substitute appearance so far, although Carlisle have already agreed to take him for the rest of the season, effectively ending his disappointing career at the Ricoh Arena.

“Birchy is not coming back to us,” said Coleman.

“He has gone to Carlisle until the end of the season and it is up to them whether they do anything.

"He has got to play so many games for them before a contract kicks in for him there, but he is done and dusted with Coventry.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Birchall's Coventry City career finished
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
Birchy's Coventry career ends in apparent turmoil with his manager saying "his career is done and dusted".  Seems like something happened to piss off the manager.

He can't get a game for Carlisle. Maybe he should do like Sancho & try the PFL?

Curious how he's so integral to our national team yet so utterly disregarded as a professional footballer in the place where he was born.

Does this say anything about the quality of our national team in the overall scheme of things or it's just "one of those things"?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:13:22 AM »
He was a starter for Port Vale until his move to Coventry,so I dunno what the hell happened because Carlisle in the same division as Port Vale and he still cyar get a run.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
Birchy's Coventry career ends in apparent turmoil with his manager saying "his career is done and dusted".  Seems like something happened to piss off the manager.

Curious how he's so integral to our national team yet so utterly disregarded as a professional footballer in the place where he was born.

Does this say anything about the quality of our national team in the overall scheme of things or it's just "one of those things"?

not sure if it says anything about quality in general but rather the type of players we develop.  Birchall is the type of player that many English clubs have several of whereas with us, Whitley is probably the only other established player that could play a similar role.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »

Just one of those things.

He provides things for us that none of our other players do, with Dwight being the closest, having played in England for almost 20 years.

On the other hand those qualities are in no short supply in England. Birchall is a good player and will find his level. Don't know if he still plays as a winger but as a player with little pace who can't beat a man he was always going to have problems.

I still think he is definitely good enough to play professional ball but he having bad luck. He might have to drop down or go back to Scotland and work his way up or even try the MLS.

I too find the statements from COleman very strange like something played off between them.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
He was a starter for Port Vale until his move to Coventry,so I dunno what the hell happened because Carlisle in the same division as Port Vale and he still cyar get a run.

Was Birchall really well-established at Port Vale?

I remember when he came on our radar he was a young player breaking through for them and there was a lot of excitement. But even then there were people questioning him as a wide player.

At the time I even wondered how much sweat he would get at Coventry because he was moving up a league when he wasn't exactly a stand-out for Port Vale
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »
im hoping this is not the case but it seems ever since he played in the world cup for T&T, over his country of birth, he has been facing these types of problems. is it that they trying to spite the man because of his decision? coincedence or fact??? :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 11:36:16 AM »
I too find the statements from COleman very strange like something played off between them.

What's even odder is that I seem to remember Coleman being very complimentary about Birchy's professionalism and work ethic even though he wasn't getting a run.  Now this.  Strange.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »
im hoping this is not the case but it seems ever since he played in the world cup for T&T, over his country of birth, he has been facing these types of problems. is it that they trying to spite the man because of his decision? coincedence or fact??? :beermug: :beermug:

Ah think if he did name Wayne Rooney or Steven Gerard and did dat, dey woulda maybe look to spite de fella.  At the end of the day, professional managers want players who can help them win.  Dem doh care where dey come from or who dey represent.  Yuh tink CSKA Moscow owners and management necessarily want Wagner Love in dem team?  Dey fans certainly don't.  But he could help dem win so he stays.  So it go.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »
Carlisle will give him a look soon... He just needs to be patient for a while again.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »

See how thing does get started? Where in the original report do you see that statement? Before you answer look again.

By Andy Turner (Coventry Telegraph)

CHRIS BIRCHALL will not play for Coventry City again, Chris Coleman has confirmed.

The Trinidad & Tobago midfielder, who used to play for Port Vale, has signed a season-long loan deal with League One Carlisle United.

The switch has seen Birchall make one substitute appearance so far, although Carlisle have already agreed to take him for the rest of the season, effectively ending his disappointing career at the Ricoh Arena.

“Birchy is not coming back to us,” said Coleman.

“He has gone to Carlisle until the end of the season and it is up to them whether they do anything.

"He has got to play so many games for them before a contract kicks in for him there, but he is done and dusted with Coventry.

Lets get it straight.

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »
Birchy's Coventry career ends in apparent turmoil with his manager saying "his career is done and dusted". 

See how thing does get started? Where in the original report do you see that statement? Before you answer look again.

Lets get it straight.

[/quote]

Apparently you need to have things SPELT out for you.  Not my problem.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 01:46:06 PM »
D news is? Dey eh playin d fella so in my book it was alraedy done.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
Thank God..
play yuh football kid...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »
Birchy's Coventry career ends in apparent turmoil with his manager saying "his career is done and dusted". 

Lets get it straight.

Apparently you need to have things SPELT out for you.  Not my problem.
[/quote]

WITH COVENTRY done and dusted with COVENTRY not de man career

His career with COVENTRY ends in turmoil. His .................

You know what think what you will.  ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 06:59:37 AM »
Carlisle Reserves get a blow out from Sunderland Reserves but at least Birchall get a sweat!

http://www.safc.com/news/?mode=movenav&page_id=16486

1]; } ?>