March 28, 2024, 04:17:37 PM

Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 3610 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Moderators
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
Tallman and Flex I am posting this as my way of complaining about the constant about of foul language and personal abuse (attacks) you all allow on this site. I am certain that we have youths visiting this site to learn from the many instrumental post and clippings so willingly posted here by the many die hard..yet it discouraging to recommend or even to allow viewers some like myself who have been a member here for some time now to continue coming to this site. The latest topic "lets be honest" where a man is viciously attacked verbally just for expressing his opinion is rediculous to say the least..and what continued to follow is an all out cussing out between good standing and respected members and this individual...I am asking can you please put a STOP to this sort of behaviour ???

Other soccer forums issue yellow cards and then red to members thus keeping decency to the site..what do you think about that?

Just a thought thanks for all you do.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »
stupes.......next time go crying in a PM

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:41:50 PM »
Yeah pms ,Matador ,pms ,is all .But u is hardly ever use this site 191 post in 3 years ,ppl who use it a lot knows the report to mod button and the words are censored .Come een we little cyber rub stop and telling we virtual barman ,to ent serve regulars .
I know as a Matador all them Bull yah does be getting ,is tough eh ,go take a nice bubble bath jed .

ed ,I know ah ent go get cuss for that so ah going brave  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:04:26 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
I want to apologize to the moderators and decent posters on this forum,it has become very scarey to post on here for fear of being abused,it was never like that,i reacted not only for myself but for all who shear the same feelings that i have,why is only certain people can post here,i am not afraid of being criticised nothing is wrong with that but every time i come on here i'm attacked,the last national team i coached in T&T was disbanded and i never coached another one so nobody can tell me i'm a JW boy,i don't jump on wagons i'm my own person and my views are mine.
     Enjoy the holidays.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:21:13 AM »
Coops doh study d buffons around here. Dey eh have a clue bout nuff tings but bumpin d gum via d site.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:31:07 AM »
cussing that is ur biggest issue???  man children does hear worst words in school, you scared they hearing it hear...welcome to the world we live in

Hush yuh a$$  ;D just kidding

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:33:36 AM »
I think if someone gets too abusive we step in. However, its hard to censor everyone as there is to many posters to stay on-top off. So most of the times we rely on people like yourself to help point out to us the really bad post and we either delete them or modify them.

No one should be afraid to post here - I can assure you that (coop's)....

We try not to get involved and we allow people freedom but we expect in return for posters to use their discretion.

I brought up this to Tallman a while now, that we should imply a red and yellow card system for bad posters. But nothing came out of it because the site went down around the same time and we never got the time to get it going. Tallman has been working around the clock to get things back to normal.

We also need another top moderator as Tallman and myself is most of the time very busy with other stuff and Palos seems like he's also press for time.

So as you can see many things will need to be address but time is of the essence.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »
I want to add to Matador's concern. We can all agree to disagree, that is what makes this forum exciting. The manner in which we disagree is a cause for concern. Personally I would want to lift the level of discussion and call us all  to a higher and nobler vision of what civility ought to be. Clearly what you believe determines how you behave and how you behave determines what you become.
 My grandmother taught me is not what you say but how you say it. It is all about respect.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 11:01:56 AM »
BUH WEY DE MUDDER..... ...LOL...HAVE A DRINK
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »
Tallman and Flex I am posting this as my way of complaining about the constant about of foul language and personal abuse (attacks) you all allow on this site. I am certain that we have youths visiting this site to learn from the many instrumental post and clippings so willingly posted here by the many die hard..yet it discouraging to recommend or even to allow viewers some like myself who have been a member here for some time now to continue coming to this site. The latest topic "lets be honest" where a man is viciously attacked verbally just for expressing his opinion is rediculous to say the least..and what continued to follow is an all out cussing out between good standing and respected members and this individual...I am asking can you please put a STOP to this sort of behaviour ???

Other soccer forums issue yellow cards and then red to members thus keeping decency to the site..what do you think about that?

yea, is dem same youths who always cussing up the place when something is said they don't agree with.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »
Yeah pms ,Matador ,pms ,is all .But u is hardly ever use this site 191 post in 3 years,ppl who use it a lot knows the report to mod button and the words are censored .Come een we little cyber rub stop and telling we virtual barman ,to ent serve regulars .
I know as a Matador all them Bull yah does be getting ,is tough eh ,go take a nice bubble bath jed .

ed ,I know ah ent go get cuss for that so ah going brave  ;D

f' ... ry ;) ... doh mean de man hasn't been reading in silence.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »
allyuh too f**king sensitive.  all ah allyuh haul allyuh modder arse.

As for that topic, is ah real shit topic.

latapy is ah god, if he cyar do it, it cannot be done!

Doh post shit and yuh wouldn't get call out.

Sub is ah real ka-ka hole sometimes, but yuh cyar say he eh love T&T football.

He heart might not be in de right place as it seems to be always in he ass, but say wha.

Dais we board forever now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 11:50:37 AM »
steups... people complaining that we all don't play nice together?

For Pete's fukking sake is a public forum... people will disagree and disagree vehemently.  People will be attacked for their opinions and more often than not there's much self-moderating that takes place... as happened in that "Let's be honest" thread.

When you consider how many posts are made on this site on the regular, the incidents of foul language are few and far between.  All this public weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth seems a bit extra.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »

yea, is dem same youths who always cussing up the place when something is said they don't agree with.

So two wrongs make a right?

We can try to change...its always the same ole thing...you look at the very economy we live in and the way the world is going and we lay blame on the crooked politics etc when the true blame lies within. There has always been crooked politics why didnt we grow up the way these youngsters growing up? BEcause our elders demonstrated to us respect..and gained it in return.
When we go out to public events do we act like we do on the block? this is a similar platform why the senseless attacks etc? because this is who we are...really? or is it how we were brought up?? I doubt the latter because I know how it used to be back then..wouldn't you agree?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 12:24:03 PM »
I find all yuh too hard on Man United fans... ease up nah after all we is de best team in de world... ;)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 12:30:04 PM »
speaking as someone who has been on both sides of the fence, i find as man that that the bag ah cussery doh do nutten to enhance my day...

but all the same that doh mean i eh go unhurl de blast when necessary...

matador just trying to show allyuh men ah heights, is up to men to take it how allyuh want..

i dont agree with putting it on the mods, i for free speech..

also remember that nuff men here will carry on ah certain way under they forum alias how they cant carry on outside under their real name. but is no scene.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »
allyuh too f**king sensitive.  all ah allyuh haul allyuh modder arse.

As for that topic, is ah real shit topic.

latapy is ah god, if he cyar do it, it cannot be done!

Doh post shit and yuh wouldn't get call out.

Sub is ah real ka-ka hole sometimes, but yuh cyar say he eh love T&T football.

He heart might not be in de right place as it seems to be always in he ass, but say wha.

Dais we board forever now.

Tell them True trini. I have called you out on many occasions for being an ass and waggonist and you gave back just as good. I even called youyr boy LP a eal brown nose and you kept quiet. It was either you had no time for me or you agreed.

The fact of the matter is you give as good as you get and i for one was never upset with you or any poster who called me out.

I just cant stand assholes trying to play they know stuff and are just pure football idiots.

Have a nice day Prodigy, Coops and Matador.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »
some advice...using yuh index finger and your thumb, hold tightly on to the pair ah thongs yuh have riding yuh ass and mellow yuh bamcee out. yuh big freakin baby. if dais your biggest issue in here.......steups
 Merry xMas
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »

We can try to change...its always the same ole thing...you look at the very economy we live in and the way the world is going and we lay blame on the crooked politics etc when the true blame lies within. There has always been crooked politics why didnt we grow up the way these youngsters growing up? BEcause our elders demonstrated to us respect..and gained it in return.
When we go out to public events do we act like we do on the block? this is a similar platform why the senseless attacks etc? because this is who we are...really? or is it how we were brought up?? I doubt the latter because I know how it used to be back then..wouldn't you agree?

nah 2 wongs make ah chineee couple.  :beermug:

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »

nah 2 wongs make ah chineee couple.  :beermug:

lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
Men in here teaming up like a League ah Supervillains, yes. lol.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »

You serious wid this thread?  Ketching feelings on de internet?  You don't need ah moderator yuh need to go and get yuh head examined.  Man grow some balls and stop whining like ah gyul. (and if yuh is ah gyul just stop whining). 

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 02:38:25 PM »
Damn...

look at carnage.... real licks share inside here boy..  :o
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »
Damn...

Mih boy need a Bat-Signal.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
BUH WEY DE MUDDER..... ...LOL...HAVE A DRINK

lol  :rotfl:  :beermug: :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »
Damn...

Mih boy need a Bat-Signal.
He just need to bend over like a nice matador

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
some advice...using yuh index finger and your thumb, hold tightly on to the pair ah thongs yuh have riding yuh ass and mellow yuh bamcee out. yuh big freakin baby. if dais your biggest issue in here.......steups
 Merry xMas

This is the best forum in the world...... sweet too bad  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »
Matador Matador

I feel for yuh dread.  Yuh have a big heart and plenty guts.  Ah feel sorry fuh yuh today but doh dig nuttin.  Here's the ting though.  You can't expect your views of ethics to be the sames as everybody else.  Nobody ain't hearing you when you try to control their language, is big men in here.  And depending on the day and how man work went you might get cuss.  On the up side though, it have a host of people that post here that don't refer to cussin. 
So don't dig nuttin Mata.  I used to have a problem with men having what i would consider softcore porn as an avatar and it cause some talk on the site and it seem like everybody mello out with what was acceptable and bring everything into balance.  Remember the site offers way more good things than bad things, so don't let one or two people get under your skin man.

You do have a point though about posters killing the vibes of the post by attacking the poster, the moderators will handle that in time.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 07:52:46 AM »
first off, ever man here should be able to govern themselves

is not every thread yuh had to cuss and carry on for, but sometimes it warranted

to want to ban cussing is like Manning walking into the radio station and getting the men banned

by the way, check out my avatar

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>