March 28, 2024, 08:22:44 AM

Author Topic: No Sign Of Scotland Retirement  (Read 1326 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
No Sign Of Scotland Retirement
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
No Sign Of Scotland Retirement
by Phil Sumbler (Planet Swans)

Jason Scotland says he has refused to retire from international football despite being asked by Roberto to do so.

The Swansea City manager asked Scotland to consider retirement due to the long haul flights he has to go through every time he heads off to represent his country.  But Scotland is adamant he wants to help them qualify for the World Cup in 2010 and he will continue to make those trips as and when required.

Speaking in today's paper, Scotland said "The gaffer asked me to look at retiring from international football and concentrate on Swansea.

"When I play for Trinidad it's a 10-hour flight there and another 10 hours back.  I have to fly from London and it's a long flight.  I am jetlagged when I come back to Swansea.

"The gaffer has tended not to play me when I've just come back from international duty.  He's told me to think about finishing with Trinidad but there's nothing to think about.  The gaffer did smile when I told him the next international wasn't until February.

"He was happy with that because it meant I've got a bit of a break from travelling.   My dream is to get on the pitch in South Africa.   I'm desperate to play in the 2010 World Cup.  I want to play on the biggest stage.

"We've got a good chance of reaching South Africa so I'm going to carry on playing from Trinidad.  I think I can play for my club and for my country.  I don't see it as a problem.  I can balance the two.

"To wear the red, white and black of Trinidad means a lot to me.  If I'm not OK to play for Swansea after returning home, we've got good players who can come in and do a job for the club.  Swansea knew I played for Trinidad when they signed me.

"Goals are harder to come by in the Championship.  The defenders are more intelligent so you're going to get harder chances.  But I'll be really disappointed if I don't score 15 this season.  Other players like Jordi Gomez and Darren Pratley are chipping in so that has eased the pressure."

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No Sign Of Scotland Retirement
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »
Country first! I suppose to each his on.One thing about this bunch of english base ballers,they seem very committed to TnT.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 01:03:14 PM »
well done Scotty....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:05:15 PM »
mad respect to u scotty for your decision!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:07:58 PM »
Why retire when he going and blaze the hex with goals..... :devil:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »
How them Managers quick tuh suggest retirement from Reping yuh country so. Ah know they looking out for their own interest, but reping yuh Country is a high honor, dred.

Lead by example Scotty.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »
I don't believe the audasity of these managers..... Quit playing for yuh country?  Scotty did us proud with the answer. They knew full well he played for TNT when they signed him infact would not have done it if he was not >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
Country first! I suppose to each his on.One thing about this bunch of english base ballers,they seem very committed to TnT.

They are committed because everyone wants to play on the biggest stage! Who can blame them? Besides pride... playing in the World Cup looks good on your resume  8)

1]; } ?>