March 28, 2024, 12:47:27 PM

Author Topic: Guatemalans take to vigilantism  (Read 3310 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guatemalans take to vigilantism
« on: December 23, 2008, 06:15:28 PM »
  i wonder if this could ever occur in sweet T&T...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98614371

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guatemalans take to vigilantism
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
We have had instances of people beaten and then the Police was called but Trinis eh go pour no gasoline on anybody.  Unfortunately, we have wife beaters who does resort to dem kinda foolishness.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »
real bronsons in guat.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »
Guys,
           Do not underestimate Trinibago. There will be a point in time when we feel that the gov't does not have a solution to the banditry problem. Then they will use any means to eradicate the "villians". They may even welcome a coup and allow soldiers to shoot to kill orders.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »
  i wonder if this could ever occur in sweet T&T...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98614371

Like yuh eh make out my occasional "death squad" comments ... rinse de gun will have a new meaning ...

In any event, as TT done point out (re: police officers) ... it exists already in a quasi-circumvention of the judicial process ... buh like de kaiso ... "in time to come ..." ... Never mind.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=40713.msg508329#msg508329

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=22215.msg236974#msg236974
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:01:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
Eh trini not doing that, the only thing the will shurley do together is look foward to christmas ,carnival .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »
Zulu,
         We used to be a "peace loving carnival" people. But look how black people killing one another without batting an eye. Don't underestimate Trinis. We are some of the biggest followers of the lastest trends. Killing is the latest trend. This has been going on for the past 5 to 6 years. At some time the "law abiding" trinis will get fed-up and decide to get a "town-tamer".

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »
Eh trini not doing that, the only thing the will shurley do together is look foward to christmas ,carnival .

Zulu, I agree with you on this one, Trinis is fun loving people

Deeks, My opinion is that the outsiders doing de killing in TT.
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »

How exactly do you define outsider?  Just for my education....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 12:19:03 AM »
the only problem in tnt is people knowing who the criminals are but not giving them up to the police, then come the police who does ignore petty crimes like smoking a lil weed on the corner.  Petty crime lead to worst crimes. and finally police patrol. my sis went sando a whole week and aint see one police car patroling by. Authority presents does alot for crime prevention befor somethings happens.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:23:31 AM by Babalawo »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 02:45:13 AM »
Babalwo,
               I agree with you. But you would think the authorities would know that police patrols help to alleviate crime. But you know what, they go bring down  Guliani for 25 mil. and he go introduce police patrol.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 06:53:06 AM »
Babalwo,
               I agree with you. But you would think the authorities would know that police patrols help to alleviate crime. But you know what, they go bring down  Guliani for 25 mil. and he go introduce police patrol.

Or, he might geh kidnapped ...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »

interesting... what is your definition of 'outsider'

Offline ChipChipSilver

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 08:39:22 PM »

Well according to Websters Dictionary 'a person who does not belong to a particular group'

Am I not allowed to state my opinion
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:41:05 PM by ChipChipSilver »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »
EH baba  like yuh ent hip to the shit yet boi the police moving under cover like normal ah should not even say that cause we doh want dem to know . ;D
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 06:40:19 PM »

Well according to Websters Dictionary 'a person who does not belong to a particular group'

So ah guess yuhs an insider? and yes your allowed to have an opinion no matter how idiotic and nonsensical it may be.

for the record let me educate you on something, if you're not ah native trinidadian my friend (carib/ arawak)  then you're an outsider! since most of the black ppl living in this former british colony came from grenada , st vincent, guyana , guadelope.

in the 1800s when the colony had less than 10,000 ppl it was seemingly not enough man power to maintain the colony so the crown went ahead and imported thousands of slaves from guyana , st vencent, grenada, and guadelope, so the next time you call ppl outsiders , you might just be talking bout yuh self since it's near to impossible to find ah true trini from the first batch of imported labor.

if in doubt , go read ah book called the history of trinidad and tobago by DR Eric Eustace Williams.

another thing ! i had and still have real bad cousins living in laventille and their great grand mother was ah pure native trinidadian (carib). so there goes your theory.

most of the crime in T&T is committed by youths ranging in age 14 -30, so yuh go tell me is lil boys from the smaller islands doing all that crime right ?

this is the kinda dotish talk dat does drive me nuts, it still have ppl like you in T&T? i thought that was ah outdated mentality that died with the old uneducate folks who predicated this kinda foolishness.

ppl came from all over the world and the caribbean to create this melting pot we call trinidad and if yuh check most of our hero's , they probably have roots elsewhere.

come on guy be ah little more sophisticated in yuh analysis nah dread, it's the same backward way of thinking the yanks have towards us caribbeans here in the USA and it's ah very disheartening feeling to say the least, so let us put dat ignorant outdated way of thinking to bed once and for all. 

remeber when you point a finger three more if pointing back @ you.                                                       positive
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:00:36 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »

So ah guess yuhs an insider? and yes your allowed to have an opinion no matter how idiotic and nonsensical it may be.

for the record let me educate you on something, if you're not ah native trinidadian my friend (carib/ arawak)  then you're an outsider! since most of the black ppl living in thios former british colony came from grenada , st vincent, guyana , guadelope.

in the 1800s when the colony only had less than 10,000 ppl it was seemingly not enough man power to maintain the colony so the crown went ahead and imported thousands of slaves from guyana , st vencent, grenada, and guadelope, so the next time you call ppl outsiders , you might just be talking bout yuh self since it's near to impossible to find ah true trini from the first batch of imported labor.

if in doubt , go read ah book called the history of trinidad and tobago by DR Eric Eustace Williams.

another thing ! i had and still have real bad cousins living in laventille and their great grand mother was ah pure native trinidadian (carib). so there goes your theory.

most of the crime in T&T is committed by youths ranging in age 14 -30, so yuh go tell me is lil boys from the smaller islands doing all that crime right ?

this is the kinda dotish talk dat does drive me nuts, it still have ppl like you in T&T? i thought that was ah outdated mentality that died with the old uneducate folks who predicated this kinda foolishness.

ppl came from all over the world and the caribbean to create this melting pot we call trinidad and if yuh check most of our hero's , they probably have roots elsewhere.

come on guy be ah little more sophisticated in yuh analysis nah dread, it's the same backward way of thinking the yanks have towards us caribbeans here in the USA and it's ah very disheartening feeling to say the least, so let us put dat ignorant outdated way of thinking to bed once and for all. 

remeber when you point a finger three more if pointing back @ you.                                                       positive

Thank you for educating me on the residents/citizens of T&T breds, just for the record I know my history too and no I did not read the book by Dr Eric Williams. I am not in the position at this time or as a matter of fact anytime to go back and forth with you to try and resolve an online post that could go on and on, so let's leave it as is. Your points taken.

After all it's my opinion and I'm comfortable with it whether you or anyone else agree.

PS. Is we own people of T&T (insiders/outsiders) that have the Yanks thinking the way they do and I'm sure I am not part of that equation!  I hope you are doing your part to educate the yanks about sweet T&T.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »

for the record let me educate you on something, if you're not ah native trinidadian my friend (carib/ arawak)  then you're an outsider! since most of the black ppl living in thios former british colony came from grenada , st vincent, guyana , guadelope.

in the 1800s when the colony only had less than 10,000 ppl it was seemingly not enough man power to maintain the colony so the crown went ahead and imported thousands of slaves from guyana , st vencent, grenada, and guadelope, so the next time you call ppl outsiders , you might just be talking bout yuh self since it's near to impossible to find ah true trini from the first batch of imported labor.

Thank you for educating me on the residents/citizens of T&T breds, just for the record I know my history too and no I did not read the book by Dr Eric Williams. I am not in the position at this time or as a matter of fact anytime to go back and forth with you to try and resolve an online post that could go on and on, so let's leave it as is. Your points taken.

After all it's my opinion and I'm comfortable with it whether you or anyone else agree.

PS. Is we own people of T&T (insiders/outsiders) that have the Yanks thinking the way they do and I'm sure I am not part of that equation!  I hope you are doing your part to educate the yanks about sweet T&T.
Oh how a great multidude suffers for the errors of ah few. i don't want to go back and forth on this topic either bro, but truth be told, ignorance is ignorance and there's no excusing it.

think about all the trini nonmembers, browsers who visit the site, members on this board that have roots from other than T&T who's parents/grand parents may have came to T&T for ah better life, think of how offended they may feel hearing such bitter words. when do we heal, when will all this hating end.                                     food for thought.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »
ChipChip, you may not want to engage in a back and forth, and I appreciate that ... but at least exit the exchange with some clarity nah man ... presumably you contributed to the discussion to be clear, ent?

You put ah term out there and more than one person asked you to clarify ... yuh end up defending it on the basis of opinion (without actually clarifying to whom yuh referring). Respectfully, that doesn't advance this discussion ... all it does is posture you as 'defensive' of 'something' but we the readers doh really KNOW what that 'thing' is unless you bring it ... otherwise, on a level, wha was de point of putting it out there?

Ah sure yuh more capable than throwing a Webster definition and hiking to lower or elevated ground. Personally, ah find "outsider" possesses more than one interpretation, and I too seeking out what yuh mean ... the dictionary definition may have added more darkness than light.

My question fuh yuh (in advance): Fuh me, at de end of de day ... regardless of whether these undefined "outsiders" are the killers, ent is de responsibility of some segment of Trinidad & Tobago to resolve the situation? Wha yuh think? Actually, even aside from resolution, isn't the country responsible for the killings as a collective?

One.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:35:48 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 06:58:00 AM »
the only way i feel the "outsiders" involved is when men from outside the village/ area come in and rob people and then go back where dey come from.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
the only way i feel the "outsiders" involved is when men from outside the village/ area come in and rob people and then go back where dey come from.

I could live with that , ah only hope that's what he mean't.

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »

for the record let me  you on something, if you're not ah native trinidadian my friend (carib/ arawak)  then you're an outsider! since most of the black ppl living in this former british colony came from grenada , st vincent, guyana , guadelope.

in the 1800s when the colony had less than 10,000 ppl it was seemingly not enough man power to maintain the colony so the crown went ahead and imported thousands of slaves from guyana , st vencent, grenada, and guadelope, so the next time you call ppl outsiders , you might just be talking bout yuh self since it's near to impossible to find ah true trini from the first batch of imported labor.

Listen leh meh correck yuh on ah FEW fax and dem.

Spain was not directly involve in de transatlantic slaving ting, and especially since Trinidad was not a place of big farms, plantations and mines, there was no need for many slaves as well as de fact dat most ah de spanish and dem here was poor so dey could not aford many slaves..PERIOD!  So there were some slaves in Trinidad but mostly the mix was free african and spanish mix, african and amerindian mix and de spanish and dem deyself.

There were indeed around 10,000 enslaved people on de island around 1797.  The majority were "Creoles'" people born in de french west indian colonies, or Grenada  Dem talk patois (broken french) and were catholics.

when the Brits took over in 1797, dey immediatley (being de largest slave traders) started to import slaves FROM AFRICA!  not de otehr colonies in de caribbean as you saying.  in five years de slave population reached 20,000  right up to emancipation, the brits kept bringing slaves to trinidad from Africa and dat made trinidad for de first time a colony that had plantations and became a plantation economy.

around 3800 come from africa between 1784 and 1792 and

Dat resulted in Trinidad having a higher proportion of African born people than even barbados which ahd a 200 year slave history.

So by 1813 de african population was outnumbering de Creoles and made up around 60% of de population in Trinidad.

After 1807, when England abolish the trans atlantic slave shipments is then they start to flourish. dis is where yuh correck just cool.  slaves in trinidad were more costly than in Barbados and Jamaica and grenada because there were so few, thousands were brought to Trinidad between 1807 and 1834, some come legally, but de majority came as "domestic workers'" but as soon as they reach Trinidad they sell dem as fild laboureres.

people does always say that Trinidad slaves were treated better than slaves in other islands, dat is ka-ka talk, low bith rates and high mortality rates attest tuh de brutality of dat system

Manumission was rare in Trinidad and slavery was heriditary!  dey used to list slaves alongside equipment and livestock...pure chattel.  Slavery was so hard on de slaves in trinidad that even with de importations, de number sdeclined between 1807 and 1834

Imagine if yuh father was free and yuh mother was ah slave when you born, you was  a slave.

And in trinidad there were some free blacks who used to own dey own slaves too.

Thank God for haiti oui, if dem didnt revolt and start t kill de slave owners, slavery possibly would have tarried a bit longer, white people was afraid of obeahman and getting poison so dey was very careful.

Imagine in 1802 we had 20,000 slaves in trinidad and by de time dey emancipate slaves in 1838, there were only 20,000 people to set free, that despite de amount dey import from africa up to 1807 and den from the other caribbean islands after that!!!!

One thing about slavery in T&T it lasted for about 50years alone, compared to Barbados and jamaica and even tobago.

Another ting de first set of slaves in T&T were creoles from de french west indies and grenada dem was afro french, catholic and dem used to speak patois.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 12:07:50 AM »

for the record let me  you on something, if you're not ah native trinidadian my friend (carib/ arawak)  then you're an outsider! since most of the black ppl living in this former british colony came from grenada , st vincent, guyana , guadelope.

Listen leh meh correck yuh on ah FEW fax and dem.

Spain was not directly involve in de transatlantic slaving ting, and especially since Trinidad was not a place of big farms, plantations and mines, there was no need for many slaves as well as de fact dat most ah de spanish and dem here was poor so dey could not aford many slaves..PERIOD!  So there were some slaves in Trinidad but mostly the mix was free african and spanish mix, african and amerindian mix and de spanish and dem deyself.

There were indeed around 10,000 enslaved people on de island around 1797.  The majority were "Creoles'" people born in de french west indian colonies, or Grenada  Dem talk patois (broken french) and were catholics.

when the Brits took over in 1797, dey immediatley (being de largest slave traders) started to import slaves FROM AFRICA!  not de otehr colonies in de caribbean as you saying.  in five years de slave population reached 20,000  right up to emancipation, the brits kept bringing slaves to trinidad from Africa and dat made trinidad for de first time a colony that had plantations and became a plantation economy.

around 3800 come from africa between 1784 and 1792 and

Dat resulted in Trinidad having a higher proportion of African born people than even barbados which ahd a 200 year slave history.

So by 1813 de african population was outnumbering de Creoles and made up around 60% of de population in Trinidad.

After 1807, when England abolish the trans atlantic slave shipments is then they start to flourish. dis is where yuh correck just cool.  slaves in trinidad were more costly than in Barbados and Jamaica and grenada because there were so few, thousands were brought to Trinidad between 1807 and 1834, some come legally, but de majority came as "domestic workers'" but as soon as they reach Trinidad they sell dem as fild laboureres.

people does always say that Trinidad slaves were treated better than slaves in other islands, dat is ka-ka talk, low bith rates and high mortality rates attest tuh de brutality of dat system

Manumission was rare in Trinidad and slavery was heriditary!  dey used to list slaves alongside equipment and livestock...pure chattel.  Slavery was so hard on de slaves in trinidad that even with de importations, de number sdeclined between 1807 and 1834

Imagine if yuh father was free and yuh mother was ah slave when you born, you was  a slave.

And in trinidad there were some free blacks who used to own dey own slaves too.

Thank God for haiti oui, if dem didnt revolt and start t kill de slave owners, slavery possibly would have tarried a bit longer, white people was afraid of obeahman and getting poison so dey was very careful.

Imagine in 1802 we had 20,000 slaves in trinidad and by de time dey emancipate slaves in 1838, there were only 20,000 people to set free, that despite de amount dey import from africa up to 1807 and den from the other caribbean islands after that!!!!

One thing about slavery in T&T it lasted for about 50years alone, compared to Barbados and jamaica and even tobago.

Another ting de first set of slaves in T&T were creoles from de french west indies and grenada dem was afro french, catholic and dem used to speak patois.
Well bredder if yuh say so , i wasn't dey so i could only rely on books for my info , is either Dr williams was ah sh!thound historian or you have additional info to the senerio, BC i got these facts from his books, the history of the ppl of T&T and documents of west indian history.

all i could say is what i read, the fella say grenadians, vincies , guyanese and guadelopians was imported into T&T for slave labour by the thousands.

he also said they brought in portugues as indentured labourers that was housed mainly @ the st james barracks, but it didn't work out BC the british treated them inhumanly and the king of portugal ask the british to return their citizens, some left and some stayed  a lot of them died from deseases.

the indians suffered the same faith when they were impoted as indentured laborers , but saw it through. any way what do i know.                                                       positive.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:24:59 AM by just cool »

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 08:27:45 AM »
that is correct about the portuguese...somewaht.

I used the same books as reference by the way.

1]; } ?>