April 16, 2024, 07:55:42 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland v Blackburn  (Read 2718 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Sunderland v Blackburn
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:10:49 AM »
Important game to put a bit more distance between us today, Fat Sam will make it hard, but Blackburn have a dodgy defence so we will have to wait and see, whoever wins will have to score more than 1 imho. Likely to be unchanged team, again the result more important than the performance.

Hope everybody had a good Christmas Day.

Here are the link pages ( not updated yet, nearer the game), not sure whether it will be on.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=27026&part=sports

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1736.html

Audio Link

http://mfile.akamai.com/6095/live/reflector:35549.asx?bkup=35550

Match News

http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=16499&fixture=3004223

By Nick Alexander

Sunderland are set to name an unchanged side for the third game in succession on Boxing Day when Blackburn Rovers visit the Stadium of Light.

And if Ricky Sbragia uses the same 11 players that started last weekend's 4-1 win at Hull, it will be the first time for nearly three years that the starting XI has been the same for three games in a row.

Sbragia is reluctant to change a winning formula after a god run of form. Wins over West Brom and Hull have lifted Sunderland out of the Barclays Premier League's bottom three.

"We're looking for continuity, we don't want to change the team and we'll look to keep it the same on Boxing Day," said Sbragia.

"The good news is that we have no new injuries or knocks and there is a good chance it will be unchanged."

Sunderland will face a trip to Everton just two days after taking on Rovers, now managed by Sam Allardyce, on December 26.

"Two games in thee days is ludicrous but it's the same for everyone," said Sbragia.

"We might have to change things around for Everton but the focus is on Blackburn at the moment, that's the big one because it's the next one."

Sbragia watched Daryl Murphy, David Healy and Grant Leadbitter play well in Sunderland's 8-0 reserves win over Carlisle on Monday.

"It was good to get the likes of Daryl, David Healy and Grant involved for the Reserves because we might need them over the weekend.

"They had a good workout, we got them involved purely because they needed minutes on the pitch playing football. We need everyone fit and ready to go at this time of the season when games come thick and fast.

"There will be a time during the next two games when we are going to use all the squad and we need them sharp."

Sunderland are looking to record a third successive win. "We mustn't waste the good work we have done," said Sbragia.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Blackburn
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:01:01 AM »
Jones get ah good ball and pass it straight to a defender leading Roberts? to beat shyte GK and then pass the ball to the side of a open goal. Jones do really shyte. He walking around to much and not getting involved quick enough. He look like he want to recieve balls in the box only.
That ball he reciaved he should not have tried hold it up, but turn on the defender and keep pushing forward. If he was paying attention he would have expected the ball to take a first touch to beat the defender and press on to goal, or he could have player the guy who gave him the ball a 1-2.
He really lucky Roberts miss an open goal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 11:07:57 AM »
what da hell u talking bout elan!??!?  the man ALL OVER DE PLACE..forming wall, coming in to defend free kicks and corners, and many times coming back in the midfield to help push the ball forward while cisse stayed on top...the man have fricking stamina to be running around so much, especially since sunderland's defense and midfield is crap.  Say what u want, but he was the HARDEST WORKING PLAYER on the field today...me eh kno what game u watching?!?! ???

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »
Jones get ah good ball and pass it straight to a defender leading Roberts? to beat shyte GK and then pass the ball to the side of a open goal. Jones do really shyte. He walking around to much and not getting involved quick enough. He look like he want to recieve balls in the box only.
That ball he reciaved he should not have tried hold it up, but turn on the defender and keep pushing forward. If he was paying attention he would have expected the ball to take a first touch to beat the defender and press on to goal, or he could have player the guy who gave him the ball a 1-2.
He really lucky Roberts miss an open goal.

Elan, I would agree with you on his lackadaisical habits as a striker.  His aggressiveness would need to be heighten in order to max his potential in the Premier.  He needs to become more assertive, crafty, take on defenders more and also become ah lil more selfish. Who’s coaching these guys???  ;D     
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »
what da hell u talking bout elan!??!?  the man ALL OVER DE PLACE..forming wall, coming in to defend free kicks and corners, and many times coming back in the midfield to help push the ball forward while cisse stayed on top...the man have fricking stamina to be running around so much, especially since sunderland's defense and midfield is crap.  Say what u want, but he was the HARDEST WORKING PLAYER on the field today...me eh kno what game u watching?!?! ???

RIGHT!!!!!!

ah now done watch de game and come and read dat, ah seriously start to wonder, "like i really clueless when it come to dis football thing or what?!?!"

no for real, it really had meh wondering if i watch ah different game, Lord have mercy!

anyway i just glad shitsnake Roberts miss da sitter cause it woulda been Kenwyne fault for giving away de ball in midfield.

p.s ah only watch de second half.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 11:26:18 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »
so how the game end up?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 11:34:29 AM »
LOL
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
score?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 03:28:36 PM »
0-0 between 2 teams with poor defences I couldn't see it personally.

Thought played bits OK again Kenwyn and Cisse were quite poor the difference is they didn't score this week. Midfield too far back and we never really threatened Blackburn seriously apart from 1 or 2 moments.

Blackburn should of scored in the last minute, and should of had a player sent off not long after half time.

2 struggling teams, from our perspective all the things that have been going on all season are still there as it was the last 2 weeks.  Everton on Sunday and I then a week away from teh prem for teh FA Cup by the time the game after comes I would hope a new manager is installed and a couple of players are on the way.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »

RIGHT!!!!!!

ah now done watch de game and come and read dat, ah seriously start to wonder, "like i really clueless when it come to dis football thing or what?!?!"

no for real, it really had meh wondering if i watch ah different game, Lord have mercy!

anyway i just glad shitsnake Roberts miss da sitter cause it woulda been Kenwyne fault for giving away de ball in midfield.

correct! the man had ah hard game , plus blackburn played like they was playing for their lives, kj had an off game , the first i've seen since he joined the prem. say what, 1 out of 80 odd games ain't bad

How the man become ah sh!tsnake now, BC he miss ah sitter? i see stern miss better chances! nah man allyuh does forget them men running for 90 mins hard, sometimes it's hard to run 90mins and keep tip top concentration. if jason is ah sh!tsnake , then zlatan is ah bigger one  since he's the king of missed opportunities.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:06:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 11:23:15 PM »
I only hoping, d asst manager staying match fit.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:10:05 AM »
1 pt. better than none.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 04:21:20 AM »

RIGHT!!!!!!

correct! the man had ah hard game , plus blackburn played like they was playing for their lives, kj had an off game , the first i've seen since he joined the prem. say what, 1 out of 80 odd games ain't bad

How the man become ah sh!tsnake now, BC he miss ah sitter? i see stern miss better chances! nah man allyuh does forget them men running for 90 mins hard, sometimes it's hard to run 90mins and keep tip top concentration. if jason is ah sh!tsnake , then zlatan is ah bigger one  since he's the king of missed opportunities.

Not being funny but Kenwyn hasn't really put in a performance he is capable of since before Liverpool last season.  Maybe he got tired and jaded the last 2/3 months of the season because he looked it. 

The club are still saying he is 3 or so games away from proper match fitness so he is excused upto now this season, but come January I am expecting / hoping more from him. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 05:32:49 AM »

RIGHT!!!!!!

Not being funny but Kenwyn hasn't really put in a performance he is capable of since before Liverpool last season.  Maybe he got tired and jaded the last 2/3 months of the season because he looked it. 

The club are still saying he is 3 or so games away from proper match fitness so he is excused upto now this season, but come January I am expecting / hoping more from him
like running up and down the field helping out the defence , winning every header sprinting back down field to attack, trying to get on the end of those wayward hoofed balls to no where like last season?

well I beg to differ! maybe KJ was tired since the liverpool game BC he played offence and defence for damn near ah whole season, if you look @ most strikers in the prem, those guys don't have to work half as hard as KJ, he defends on set pieces, then he's up the feild again on offence, then he has to create his own chances , then he has to assist the other attacking players, and this went on for ah whole season! come on Kev! the guy needs ah vacation from all that hard work.

i hear guys on the SMB talk about KJ as being lazy , complaisant, out of touch, but he already has 5 goals since being back only in november.

i don't see zamora, bent,yakubo, adebayor, drogba, dempsey,roonie, santacruz,defoe,cisse or crouch playing both defensive and offensive roles, those guy get the service from behind them that they need to produce goals, but when ah striker has to work twice as hard plus defend and poor service is the order of the day, who wouldn't seem ineffective.

i bet if KJ was @ chelsea  liverpool he or even everton he would be ah top scorer in the league without having to work so bloody hard.

KJ just needs to concentrate on scoring , have you guys ever thought just maybe the club wants him to think more offensive this season and conserve energy for just scoring goals ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 06:22:35 AM »
JC

If you read my comments I said he looked tired and jaded last season and yes he had worked his socks off.

But he can be unplayable at times and thats what I mean by a performance, he hasn't done that since before Liverpool last season.  I am not stupid enough to expect him to put in performances like that every week, no player can the point I was trying to make he hasn't put in a performance like that for a long time.  But its coming to his fitness levels that I would start to expect 1 or 2 performances like he did last season, I am not picking on him but he is capable of better. 

BTW Sbragia has been given the job as manager on 18 month contract.  Big mistake by the club as I have said many times I don't think our coaching has been upto scratch last and this season.  There has been a lot of rumours regarding ownership and shares this last week and this appointment tends to lend itself to putting some truth into those rumours.  A long season awaits.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 04:02:55 PM »

RIGHT!!!!!!

cool.....ah just say dat cause dat was meh reaction when it happen horse and ah just carry it over to meh post, he cyah really be a shitsnake and be playing in de EPL (unless he name Titus Bramble ;)), so yeah bredda i wouldn't condemn him to de shitsnake catergory on dat one glaring miss......by de way careful who yuh using as an example for missing sitters eh bredda, yuh could end up turning dis thread into a three-pager ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 05:22:21 PM »
JC

If you read my comments I said he looked tired and jaded last season and yes he had worked his socks off.

But he can be unplayable at times and thats what I mean by a performance, he hasn't done that since before Liverpool last season.  I am not stupid enough to expect him to put in performances like that every week, no player can the point I was trying to make he hasn't put in a performance like that for a long time.  But its coming to his fitness levels that I would start to expect 1 or 2 performances like he did last season, I am not picking on him but he is capable of better. 

BTW Sbragia has been given the job as manager on 18 month contract.  Big mistake by the club as I have said many times I don't think our coaching has been upto scratch last and this season.  There has been a lot of rumours regarding ownership and shares this last week and this appointment tends to lend itself to putting some truth into those rumours.  A long season awaits.
Kev, my frustration was not really directed towards you , but the ppl who think that ah striker has to score every game and have a stellar performance to live up to their expectations.

i visit the SMB quite often and it's just crazy to hear ppl crying on KJ BC he didn't run enough, and comparing him with cisse as to say cisse if ah far better player than kenwyne, and maybe so , but they seem to forget that it's KJ who played ah major role in sunlun staying up last season.

plus dude is fresh off the injury list. i hate to here ppl berate players, and it seems indicative of every internet club or country forum.                                                    positive.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »

RIGHT!!!!!!

cool.....ah just say dat cause dat was meh reaction when it happen horse and ah just carry it over to meh post, he cyah really be a shitsnake and be playing in de EPL (unless he name Titus Bramble ;)), so yeah bredda i wouldn't condemn him to de shitsnake catergory on dat one glaring miss......by de way careful who yuh using as an example for missing sitters eh bredda, yuh could end up turning dis thread into a three-pager ;)
Doh study it fardder, i'm just suprise @ how men does be call big players crummy when they had an off game or didn't play well. thanx for clearing that up that though, respect.                                                positive.

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »

RIGHT!!!!!!

maybe he ;earning to be lazy from stern john???

1]; } ?>