April 27, 2024, 07:27:10 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 465504 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 12, 2011, 06:18:23 AM »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 12, 2011, 06:34:46 AM »
Confirmed - Kenny Dalglish and Steve Clark have been given three year contracts.  :beermug: Fantastic news and richly deserved!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 12, 2011, 07:12:24 AM »
10 years ago today!  :beermug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-fCY4jUN_s

Michael Owen... what a special player he was at his best  :-[

I see your post, and I raise you one though... 5 years ago, tomorrow  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dm6-S6T_nGk&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dm6-S6T_nGk&amp;feature=related</a>

Not a day for the 'keepers... but I'm sure Reina will take it.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:22 AM »
The feel-good factor is back at Anfield.  Every Liverpool supporter that I spoke to at Fulham basically said the same thing - give King Kenny the job.  He is much loved by the fans and enjoys hearing his name chanted by the fans.  He makes it his business to acknowledge them chanting his name EACH time they do it during the match.  Besides that, he deserves the job.  He has proven to be tactically fluid, and by are they playing some pretty football.  When you look at the tight spaces these fellas worked the ball out of on Monday, you really appreciate the work he and Steve Clarke have done with this team.  Now onto Sunday where we avenge our early season loss to Spurs. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:42:33 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 13, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
Confirmed - Kenny Dalglish and Steve Clark have been given three year contracts.  :beermug: Fantastic news and richly deserved!

Reds confirm Dalglish appointment

Updated May 12, 2011 8:37 PM ET

Liverpool have confirmed the appointment of Kenny Dalglish as their new permanent manager on a three-year contract.

Dalglish has been in temporary charge since replacing Roy Hodgson in January and the turnaround in results has been so great that his appointment as full-time boss was never in doubt.

Negotiations have been ongoing for several weeks but the final details have now been agreed.

Coach Steve Clarke, who also arrived in January, has also signed a three-year contract.

Dalglish said: "I said when I took the job on in January that I was just happy to help the club out for the remainder of the season.

"Now the owners have decided in their wisdom that they want me to stay a little longer and it's fantastic news for both myself and Steve Clarke that we have signed these contracts.

"Both (principal owner) John and (chairman) Tom (Werner) have taken their time to assess what was best for the football club and bring in the people they wanted to take the club forward.

"They are both winners, but understand what the supporters want from a Liverpool side and the way that we should go about things. This is a unique football club and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to help build something special here again."

Club owner Henry admitted there was no one else in the frame for the job, and said no one else could have achieved the turnaround in atmosphere at the club after the poor start to the season under Roy Hodgson.

"Kenny is a legendary Liverpool figure both as a supremely gifted footballer and successful manager," Henry said.

"Since returning in January he has shown extraordinary leadership and the ability to bring the best out of so many people associated with the club.

"It was obvious to us very early on that the atmosphere surrounding the club had been transformed by his presence. No one else could have produced such a response. Therefore, I'm delighted we have agreed to a new contract. We didn't need nor want to look elsewhere for the right man to manage the team.

"Working closely with him, we've seen first-hand his love for the club and his determination to do whatever is necessary to produce a winning side again. He has a unique relationship with our supporters and embodies everything that is special about the Liverpool way of doing things.

"Liverpool enjoys a global standing within the sport, but having Kenny in the dug-out will help us in our efforts to bring the best available talent to the club as we continue to move the club forward.

"I'm also pleased we have reached an agreement with Steve Clarke, as his contribution to Kenny's backroom team has been significant over the past four months."

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/Liverpools-owners-ready-to-confirm-Dalglish-as-permanent-boss

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 15, 2011, 09:49:55 AM »
Lively game for fifth between Spurs and Liverpool, with Spurs up 1-0 (Vandervaart '9).  We conceded way too much possession early and paid the price for it.  Liverpool has shown good energy and effort to threaten on numerous occasions towards the end of first half... and should have equalized on a Carroll header which he got embarrassingly wrong from almost point blank range. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 15, 2011, 10:15:49 AM »
Howard Webb is a shithong!  Poor call.  Why does he feel the need to be the center of attraction?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 15, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
Howard Webb is a shithong!  Poor call.  Why does he feel the need to be the center of attraction?

I could agree more... MBE my ass.  We opened that door with our shaky play though... Suarez seems just off his game and Tottenham winning the battle of midfield to this point.  We real missing Meireles today.

EDIT:

Very disappointing game for Liverpool... it wasn't for lack of effort, but we just couldn't get it right today.  Flanagan had his worst day in a Liverpool shirt, but he is going to be a very good player for a long time.  I love how much he has grown in confidence as the season has progressed.  I think Kenny has to reassess his decision to play Johnson at LB though... short term, that is where the need is, but long term Johnson is way more effective at RB, especially if we are to expect him to provide width by attacking down the flank.

Taking nothing away from Spurs however... I don't think they had a player put a foot wrong the entire match.  Dawson and Kaboul really stood out for me today by bottling up Carroll and Suarez.  It all starts in the middle though, and that is where we lost the game.  Maxi was ineffective and Spearing never had the time nor space he needed to make those creative passes he's rapidly developing a knack for.  That said, we still have more questions than answers coming out of this game.  Down to the final day to see if we can get that final Europa spot... missing it may be a blessing in disguise, but it would be nice to get it, from a financial standpoint.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:01:40 AM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 15, 2011, 10:54:38 AM »
So men to go this summer:

Ngog
Kyriagos
Cole
Poulsen

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 15, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »
D ref kill d blasted game  with that dat shit penalty...I like dat Flanagan fella...had luck ..he made some good plays today...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 15, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »
D ref kill d blasted game  with that dat shit penalty...I like dat Flanagan fella...had luck ..he made some good plays today...

Dat's England best referee.  Says a lot, doesn't it?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »
Dat's England best referee.  Says a lot, doesn't it?

Sometimes ah feel dat FA like to create ah bit of drama to keep d interest of d league going....

If we had won today then next weeks game would not have drawn much interest  but now its gonna to be interesting...

Spurs-With  Birmingham losing today...they will be hyped to get out of relegation. 

Liverpool- with Villa winning today and not having an advantage either way...they might take the foot off the peddle...either way...we must win
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 15, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »

Cannot agree that he killed the game, liverpool didn't score one goal and still had the rest of the game to recover, but Spurs were pretty much in control of the game, but I couldn't agree more that it wasn't a penalty.  Most times that I see this so-called "shoulder-to-shoulder" tackle NOT being called is when a man WITH possession or in an advantaged position TO the ball actually gettin' bumped off (fouled) by a defender and the refs doh call it....today, neither player had either and it actually was a free ball and a fair challenge by both players but Webb gave the benefit of the call to the Spurs player.  But so it goes, what sweet in goat mout'...some of the same men I seein' here that doggin' Howard Webb is men that not too long ago was ratin' him as "England's best referee".   In my book he has always been a little overrated and a tad bit inconsistent for the stature he has been given for quite some time.  Over the past few years or so it has really been hard to pick out a ref from the EPL that one can say has truly been top notch.  I think Riley retired a couple seasons ago?...thak God fuh dat!   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1363 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
Onward to the next season fellas

Thanks to King Kenny and Steve Clarke for that push of respectability

Wishlist In:
Left Back - Enrique or Zhirkov
Backup Centre Back - Roger Johnson
Left Mid/Wing - Matt Jarvis or Balaz Dzsudzak-PSV & Charlie Adam (get him just for the fact deadballs and drive and when Stevie G injured lol)
Backup Strikers - Rodallega or Piquionne & Demba Ba

Wishlist Out:
Eggnog, Joe Cole, Poulsen, Aurelio, Jovanovic and Maxi.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 22, 2011, 06:34:54 PM »
I'd keep Aurelio... injuries resulted in a so-so season, but when he was on the pitch he played well.  Maxi has also earned a chance to return for another season, I wrote him off early but he's played very well of late.

I'm disappointed in the 6th place finish... but all things considered it's a very fair result.  Missing out on European dollars will be tough, but the lighter schedule may prove a blessing in disguise.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 22, 2011, 11:51:42 PM »
10 years ago today!  :beermug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-fCY4jUN_s

Michael Owen... what a special player he was at his best  :-[

I see your post, and I raise you one though... 5 years ago, tomorrow  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dm6-S6T_nGk&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dm6-S6T_nGk&amp;feature=related</a>

Not a day for the 'keepers... but I'm sure Reina will take it.

i couldnt wait till the 25th, ran across this vid on youtube. almost brought a tear to my eye.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHtjmofqBeM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YHtjmofqBeM</a>
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 08, 2011, 09:34:18 PM »
Liverpool's mammoth £25m-a-year Warrior kit deal rewrites the record books

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 5:59 PM on 22nd April 2011

Liverpool have wrapped up a £25m-a-year kit deal with Boston-based company Warrior Sports — a record for English football and twice what adidas currently pay.

Warrior, a subsidiary of New Balance, will take over from adidas ahead of the 2012-13 season and it is expected to be a long-term relationship which puts Nike’s deal with Manchester United - worth £23.5m - into the shade.
The news comes as a huge blow to their current kit manufacturers as Liverpool's shirt is the fourth-highest selling replica in the world.

Around 900,000 shirts are sold annually, a number only beaten by North West rivals United, plus Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Liverpool owner John W Henry had said that the club would only spend money that it generates and with Champions League football at least another season away, the promise of funds will boost the club's muscle in the transfer market.

New Balance, a brand best-known for its running shoes, has been increasing its footprint in other sports for some time now and recently announced a deal with the Boston Red Sox to manufacture their kits.

Warrior are a big player in the United States where they have traditionally been associated with ice hockey and lacrosse.

The company, set up by Dave Morrow - who also invented the first ever titanium lacrosse stick - was bought out by New Balance in 2004.

The brand was transformed from a niche-market player to a huge brand big enough to sign a multi-year deal with the baseball giants Red Sox.
As part of the company's expansion, they have increased the number of player sponsorships and worldwide sales totalling £1billion has facilitated the move into football.

United's deal with Nike runs until 2015 and the club will be expecting to to negotiate a deal that places them in a higher price bracket to Liverpool.

Sign of things to come: The Warrior logo which will adorn the Liverpool kits

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379466/Liverpools-mammoth-25m-year-Warrior-kit-deal-rewrites-record-books.html#ixzz1OkKd8AZ9

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »
Liverpool's mammoth £25m-a-year Warrior kit deal rewrites the record books

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 5:59 PM on 22nd April 2011

Liverpool have wrapped up a £25m-a-year kit deal with Boston-based company Warrior Sports — a record for English football and twice what adidas currently pay.

Warrior, a subsidiary of New Balance, will take over from adidas ahead of the 2012-13 season and it is expected to be a long-term relationship which puts Nike’s deal with Manchester United - worth £23.5m - into the shade.
The news comes as a huge blow to their current kit manufacturers as Liverpool's shirt is the fourth-highest selling replica in the world.

Around 900,000 shirts are sold annually, a number only beaten by North West rivals United, plus Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Liverpool owner John W Henry had said that the club would only spend money that it generates and with Champions League football at least another season away, the promise of funds will boost the club's muscle in the transfer market.

New Balance, a brand best-known for its running shoes, has been increasing its footprint in other sports for some time now and recently announced a deal with the Boston Red Sox to manufacture their kits.

Warrior are a big player in the United States where they have traditionally been associated with ice hockey and lacrosse.

The company, set up by Dave Morrow - who also invented the first ever titanium lacrosse stick - was bought out by New Balance in 2004.

The brand was transformed from a niche-market player to a huge brand big enough to sign a multi-year deal with the baseball giants Red Sox.
As part of the company's expansion, they have increased the number of player sponsorships and worldwide sales totalling £1billion has facilitated the move into football.

United's deal with Nike runs until 2015 and the club will be expecting to to negotiate a deal that places them in a higher price bracket to Liverpool.

Sign of things to come: The Warrior logo which will adorn the Liverpool kits

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379466/Liverpools-mammoth-25m-year-Warrior-kit-deal-rewrites-record-books.html#ixzz1OkKd8AZ9

Bakes, how yuh late on this one so?  ;)  Interesting how some of these niche sports companies are making their foray into football.  Spurs will wear Under Armour next season.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:11:01 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 08, 2011, 11:56:01 PM »
Bakes, how yuh late on this one so?  ;)  Interesting how some of these niche sports companies are making their foray into football.  Spurs will wear Under Armour next season.

Lol... ah somehow miss dis man.  Besides, de thread dying fuh action  ;D

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 09, 2011, 02:43:10 PM »
Bakes, yuh hear anything about the Clichy deal? I know you on top of things for your club, so maybe you know something. I think Arsenal will miss him, but not sure if he is a good fit for you guys.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »
Bakes, yuh hear anything about the Clichy deal? I know you on top of things for your club, so maybe you know something. I think Arsenal will miss him, but not sure if he is a good fit for you guys.

Big Up!

nothing yet on the liverpool website. there's some articles talking about other left backs, monreal of osasuna and cissokho of lyon.

there also is a move that may take place soon with downing for 10 million.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 09, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »

Big Up!

Yeah what Trini Madness say... I'm on a couple Liverpool groups on FB, there and the UK papers are my real source, nothing "insider" lol

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 09, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »
Read on Liverpoolfc.tv forum that tomorrow the Times (UK) will have an exclusive LFC stroy.  Ah wonder what could that be?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 10, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
Fergie already rattled by Liverpool FC's squad plans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fergie already rattled by Liverpool FC's squad plans

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-28853719/

LAUREN DALGLISH, we were once famously informed, had more sense at the age of six weeks than the manager of Manchester United. Little Lauren is now a grown up 23, but she’d still struggle to tell us why Alex Ferguson has just shelled out £16m on a young centre-back with 35 Premier League appearances to his name.

Because the United manager himself might struggle to explain why.
No matter what potential Phil Jones possesses – and he’s already been compared to a young John Terry – he’s joined a club which already has a world class central defensive partnership in Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, a club with accomplished back up in Chris Smalling, a club with another international class defender in Jonny Evans. And if that’s not enough, the small matter of Wes Brown and John O’Shea – with almost 700 first-team appearances between them.

Oh, and Ferguson still has designs on another up and coming young centre-back,18-year-old Raphael Varane from Lens.
Where does Phil Jones fit into all that?

Or could it be, just possibly, that Fergie got wind of Kenny Dalglish’s interest in the young defender and jumped first?
Kenny’s interest in the young Englishman wasn’t just paper talk. And it doesn’t end there.

Fergie 2 Kop 0, trumpeted the back page of one national newspaper this week, as they speculated that Ferguson also intended to ambush Liverpool’s interest in Ashley Young.

That’s another head scratcher.

Young is undeniably a fine player.But he plays in the same position as Nani - more Premier League assists than any other player last season, the highly regarded Antonio Valencia, the vastly under-rated Ji Sung Park and the legendary Ryan Giggs.So why would Ferguson be interested?
If you think the United boss wouldn’t be so petty as to snap up players simply because his Scottish rival wanted them, then you won’t remember his discomfiture at Liverpool signing Glenn Hysen back in 1989.

A classy, ball-playing Swedish centre-half, Hysen had toured Old Trafford, enjoyed a buffet lunch, shaken hands on a deal with chairman Martin Edwards then flown back to Italy.
Negotiations mysteriously stalled, and when Ferguson and Edwards flew out to Florence to investigate why, Hysen’s agent told them that his client had already signed for Liverpool.

Ferguson’s fury multiplied when the Swede was named Man of the Match on his debut at Wembley in the FA Charity Shield and became the defensive lynchpin of Liverpool’s last title winning team.
Kenny couldn’t resist having a little nibble in his 1996 autobiography.
“Journalists made a fuss about me nipping in for Glenn Hysen when Fergie was about to sign him. That doesn’t create rancour; that’s business,” he wrote.

“We are both going for the best players. Sometimes managers of PLC clubs like Manchester United cannot spend money quickly.
“They have to get permission from the PLC board. If United’s wheels move slowly, that’s no concern of mine.”

Ferguson will have committed those words to heart. And he was desperate to ensure that the wheels moved quicker this summer.
That Hysen anecdote came in an entire chapter devoted to Dalglish’s relationship with Ferguson.

In it the Liverpool boss stressed over and over that there is no feud, no animosity, no simmering resentment.
I believe him.

But of course there’s a keen rivalry.
How could there not fail to be between two Glaswegians managing Liverpool and Manchester United?
Kenny Dalglish has always got under Alex Ferguson’s skin – and it promises to make for great viewing next season.
Ferguson thinks he’s finally knocked Liverpool off their perch.
But there’s a manager back in town who’s already got him rattled. This week’s transfer business underlines it.

Looks like Fergie and Kenny are at it again.  Now Fergie is returning the favor.  The battle is on!  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 10, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »
These backroom shenanigans is what I tried to educate dat yute Small Mag on earlier... but he can't see it.  Kenny playing Fergie fuh a puppet by suddenly piping in with interest in Jones.  We done have three Phil Jones' in the squad and don't need to be spending 16M for him... but nice to force ManU to spend money unnecessarily.  And look thing now... Blackburn turn around and holding up the deal for more money now  :rotfl:

Next thing... no sour grapes but I go real laugh if Ashley Young go to Man U b/c that is another Dimitar Berbatov waiting to happen.  Ask Mascherano how he enjoying riding bench in Barcelona.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 10, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »
These backroom shenanigans is what I tried to educate dat yute Small Mag on earlier... but he can't see it.  Kenny playing Fergie fuh a puppet by suddenly piping in with interest in Jones.  We done have three Phil Jones' in the squad and don't need to be spending 16M for him... but nice to force ManU to spend money unnecessarily.  And look thing now... Blackburn turn around and holding up the deal for more money now  :rotfl:

Next thing... no sour grapes but I go real laugh if Ashley Young go to Man U b/c that is another Dimitar Berbatov waiting to happen.  Ask Mascherano how he enjoying riding bench in Barcelona.

Sir Alex knows Dalgish is the only manager to really distress him.  That is still in the back of his mind
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:02:55 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 11, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »

I personally don't like the Young buy, I think he buying these players to replace aging legs and retiring players.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
haha scousers are a funny sad pathetic bunch

5 clubs in the top 6 were all in for Jones..Arsenal actually showed the most interest by offering highest Wages and a personal meeting with Wenger. We bid the release clause(16 million) which allowed us to offer terms etc and the player immediately agreed even though Arsenal were in talks and Liverpool too.. Fergie wanted him next season(2012/13) (Rio would be 34) but he's obviously thinking Rio's days are coming to an end with his Injury problems and with 5 other clubs bidding couldnt afford to risk losing Rio's replacement as Fergie sees it.

Brown and O'Shea are on their way out, maybe Evans too.. Rio, Vidic, Smalling and Jones are the 4 CB's that will be there next season.. Evans is still young and learning and on his day he is tops and can play LB... Jones offers versatility too.. CDM, RB, LB , and his primary position CB.

Ashley Young was on Pool's radar but he wanted CL football and United were interested too. The writer says he plays Nani position.. Nani is a right winger and Young plays on the left or behind the striker..yes he can play RW too but United are buying him to be the left wing saviour as Nani fir all his assists and goals isnt the same player on the left as he is on the right... Valencia Nani and Young will all rotate untill we find the perfect balance

Giggs cannot be used as frequent on the wing as he is 37 in the fastest most demanding league...Park will rotate too and is injury prone. Obertan will either be sold or sent out on loan.

Before allyuh look at how a Championship winning team is constructed with Quality and Quantity in Depth and with a Gaffer that manages the rotation and squad selection to a f**king T, a man that has built 12 EPL winning teams, allyuh want to think its about getting 2 players so Liverpool dont get them..you really think a man like Fergie will have time to think of shit like that? Yes he must study I hope these clubs dont get him but thats only If he is 100% convinced the boy will do good at the club.

16 million is the man release clause..everyone would have to pay it.. so hide behind your thoughts that allyuh raised the price, hid behind the thought that the winners of 19 league titles are worried about a squad that is led by Henderson who finished 7th and 6th in the last 2 seasons have United worried. Yes I do think you lot will be much improved next season but our biggest rivals are City and Chelsea next season.. that is a fact

I find it funny that a team that just spent 20 million pounds on Henderson who has 1 cap and 35 million pounds on Carroll want to laugh at a team that "overspent" on Jones when their own club was willing to pay the "ridiculous" 16 million release clause

LOLS X 19
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:37:31 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 11, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
Small Mag, no one is saying that you overspent on Jones, as young English players always go at a premium.  Point of the article is that Sir Alex is rattled by Dalgish's return to management, given that Dalgish has been his distressor in the past.  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 11, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
Small Mag, no one is saying that you overspent on Jones, as young English players always go at a premium.  Point of the article is that Sir Alex is rattled by Dalgish's return to management, given that Dalgish has been his distressor in the past.  ;)

Why you wasting yuh breath dred? Lol... everybody does overspend but ManU.  The 13m we spend on Henderson is hilarious but the 16m (and soon to be more) that Ferguson spend on Jones is smart business  ;)

One player Liverpool won't be getting is Ashley Young. With United basing their entire transfer strategy on signing whoever Liverpool show a fleeting interest in – which probably wouldn't have been so clever during the Gérard Houllier or Rafa Benítez era – it means they'll be signing the Aston Villa winger for £20m. According to the Mirror, Young will sign a five-year deal worth £130,000 a week, although getting Young doesn't actually solve that great gaping hole in the centre of United's midfield. Just sign as many fleet-footed tricksters as you want, Sir Alex, and no one will notice. It's always worked for Arsenal. Meanwhile Tomasz Kuszczak has told Ferguson to pick him or he'll leave United. As far as ultimatums go, it's up there with the BBC threatening to destroy every episode of My Family.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/10/football-transfer-rumours-samir-nasri?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:49:41 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>